• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

My friends and I had decided to get it for Xbox One because of the controller and after they announced it the whole 1080p thing for Destiny it wasn't too hard of a decision as I'm mainly a Xbox guy. I would actually play this on PS4 if I could use the characters I already have.
I play Playstation for the exclusives. Really digging The Order.

@Wipedout
I have it. Driving home from the cinema right now. I will hit you up in a couple minutes.
thanks

Had the worst game of Iron Banner over lunch today. Yet had a great moment.

Blind Watch, we started on A. Nobody on the team made any effort for C besides me.

First Heavy ammo spawns. I run in and land a Titan charge on 4 enemies at the heavy ammo drop just after they picked it up, heavy ammo boxes everywhere. Die instantly though, so they're just sitting there on the ground waiting for me.

Spend the next 7 minutes unable to get into that room because entire team insists on fighting/losing at B so the Basement is never clear to grab my ammo. :(

End match as only person on team with +1k/d

Blind Watch, we started on A. Nobody on the team made any effort for C besides me.

First Heavy ammo spawns. I run in and land a Titan charge on 4 enemies at the heavy ammo drop just after they picked it up, heavy ammo boxes everywhere. Die instantly though, so they're just sitting there on the ground waiting for me.

Spend the next 7 minutes unable to get into that room because entire team insists on fighting/losing at B so the Basement is never clear to grab my ammo. :(

Yup sounds like blind watch

Best thing to do is just got for C constantly and eventually the randoms pick it up and start going for C

Funny how Bungie seems so proud of this map. They always have it in IB and it comes up way more often than any map should

Cruxist

Looks like my regular team is going to run VoG tonight for the first time since Crota HM launched. We've still got one guy without Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn, the rest of us are all sufficiently geared up.

I'm actually kind of excited to use my Warlock here. I started leveling him once the DLC dropped, so I never raided with him. It'll be nice to have self rez.

Hoodbury

Heh, I've had pretty much that exact same match before.

Best thing to do is just got for C constantly and eventually the randoms pick it up and start going for C

Funny how Bungie seems so proud of this map. They always have it in IB and it comes up way more often than any map should

Literally all I did was go for C. I even neutralized it 4 times, but no one would ever follow me. I watched teammate after teammate run into the Lobby door and nothing else only to die at B again and again.

I wouldn't say Bungie is proud of this map though, not any more than any other map at least. If anything Shores of Time seems to be the memorable one, as in, if Destiny 2 resets all the maps we have, I can see Shores of Time making a comeback or a spiritual successor.

I got the platinum in it yesterday. Loved it. It has it's fair share of flaws but it was a lot of fun.

Already?

Literally all I did was go for C. I even neutralized it 4 times, but no one would ever follow me. I watched teammate after teammate run into the Lobby door and nothing else only to die at B again and again.

I wouldn't say Bungie is proud of this map though, not any more than any other map at least. If anything Shores of Time seems to be the memorable one, as in, if Destiny 2 resets all the maps we have, I can see Shores of Time making a comeback or a spiritual successor.

Blind Watch shouldn't even be a control map yet they insist on it and even have it as one of the 4 iron banner maps.

Shores of time is nice if it's not full of snipers. I don't mind one or two but when everyone is pretty much camping and sniping it gets annoying. Just not the type of MP I enjoy. Out of the 4 IB maps I think Rusted Lands is probably my favorite one.

I actually like Firebase Delphi too. The complete chaos around B suits the mess that is the crucible

hydruxo

It doesn't take long to plat at all. One playthrough is enough to get all the gameplay trophies, then I went back and played some individual chapters to get the rest of the collectibles I missed. I wouldn't be surprised if a few months from now the game has the highest percentage of platinum trophies for a PS4 game.

At least they changed the locations of A and B, the original map was far worse. If the opposite team captured B and C you had zero fighting chance.

At least they changed the locations of A and B, the original map was far worse. If the opposite team captured B and C you had zero fighting chance.

I know, it was terrible. B & C so close to one another and the window up top where they could just camp and defend the point. It's better now but it's still pretty difficult if Bravo teams defends C. It's just not a good map for control. No matter how many changes they make

It doesn't take long to plat at all. One playthrough is enough to get all the gameplay trophies, then I went back and played some individual chapters to get the rest of the collectibles I missed. I wouldn't be surprised if a few months from now the game has the highest percentage of platinum trophies for a PS4 game.

Wow that sounds super easy. I really wanna play it but I just can't bring myself to spend $60 on it. Especially if after 2 runs you can get the platinum

I'm not convinced the modifications made it any better to be honest.

The problem with Blind watch is the same problem that most of the Control maps have. B doesn't have it's own spawn points. That's how you can tell a good Control map from a bad one.

Ask yourself. On X map, have I ever spawned at B.

If yes? Map=Good.
Else Map=Bad.

And by good and bad, I mean balanced and unbalanced. Unless B has it's own spawn, Either A or C is going to almost always have an advantage over B.

Edit: Old post of mine:

I made this some time ago. The problem with Blind Watch is that it is a very skinny map, so keeping B a good distance away from A and C is a challenge. I proposed something like this:

hLM6een.png

Note: These were in regard to the original points, not the new ones. A should be down the ramp from it's current location. B should be outside on the mid level C should be in the basement of the primary building.

BokehKing

Banned
You know what destiny needs in the new patch

Reforging

Make it cost motes of light

It would make legendary gear and weapons more interesting

I'm not convinced the modifications made it any better to be honest.

The problem with Blind watch is the same problem that most of the Control maps have. B doesn't have it's own spawn points. That's how you can tell a good Control map from a bad one.

Ask yourself. On X map, have I ever spawned at B.

If yes? Map=Good.
Else Map=Bad.

And by good and bad, I mean balanced and unbalanced. Unless B has it's own spawn, Either A or C is going to almost always have an advantage over B.

It is still possible to capture B from two different approaches and distract the other team while someone goes for C. In earlier map the entire team could camp in the hallway outside original B door (leading to C window) and control both points while raking easy kills. It was completely hopeless.

Reforging

We just need more things to spend MoLs on in general. One idea is to have Xur sell a few legendary engrams for motes, or even exotic weapon engrams.

It is still possible to capture B from two different approaches and distract the other team while someone goes for C. In earlier map the entire team could camp in the hallway outside original B door (leading to C window) and control both points while raking easy kills. It was completely hopeless.

No, the old map had a trick to it. If you started at A and ran behind the old B and C points, you could just stand there long enough and your team would start spawning with you. Shifting the spawns would basically net you B and C.

Now, I can stand there capping C and literally watch people spawn down the back strip and come kill me. The new C spawn is too advantages to both C and B points, and it's even harder to flush them out.

stb

I need to get a Crota kill or 2 tonight. I should have the CP on one character.

psn captscience

I need 1 HM Crota kill, but I'm a 31. I have the CP.

I'm gonna be running IB, but please send me a message on PSN (berried_treasure) when/if you do this.

ocean

Banned

Reforging

Doubt they'll do that. If there's little incentive now to grind mark to buy vendor weapons, there'd be zero after this.

Hey kiddos...

anyone up for helping me get Flawless Raider in about an hour? I need some savvy vets to shepherd me through the process. I promise to be mostly sober and take directions like a good little soldier.

Daemul

Your knife game is too much for me. Jesus.

Due to my style of play, I just know I would get wrecked if I ever faced Zoba, his knife throwing skills are too good. If he ever came to the Xbox side and I ended up facing him in PvP, I would have no choice but to bunker down and bring out the sniper, which I hate doing since they're too easy to use and get kills with, but sometimes you face players who completely counter your usual style and force you to play that way.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom