• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

My laptop and desktop both crashed :'(
I've lost 3.5 months of work

I-i don't know what to do anymore TT_TT

Really sorry about that...

I subscribe to cloud computing philosophy and I put all my work in the cloud... Box Sync, Google Drive, Drop Box, etc... I also have numerous redundant HDD backups at home and work too... so if one of my computers crash then my stuff is all over the place... Just some ideas about how to protect your data...

E92 M3

Crux
Crux
Crux

Thanks guys.

Holy shit yes... Crux.

Well I tried to use the first time to use the Eidolon Ally to kill Crota and got the Crux.

No more HM needed for me.

#ForeverNoBlackHammer

#Just4thHorsemanToAllExotics

Nice, it's a cool drop. Hard mode is still fun though - can't miss out on the loot (that we don't need).

--

In terms of the patch (I'm not even that excited for it): It would make sense for it to drop tomorrow and coincide with the update which will focus on it and the "future."

Really sorry about that...

I subscribe to cloud computing philosophy and I put all my work in the cloud... Box Sync, Google Drive, Drop Box, etc... I also have numerous redundant HDD backups at home and work too... so if one of my computers crash then my stuff is all over the place... Just some ideas about how to protect your data...

Yup, being lax hit me quite bad.

That's terrible. You may still be able to recover one of the drives with recovery software. Good luck mate.

I'll take both systems to Nehru Place tomorrow. If my data can be recovered it'll be there

Deku Tree

My Crota End Raid list of loot that I have gotten and not destroyed:

Abyss Defiant = 2
Oversoul Edict = 1

Word of Crota = 3
Fang of Ir Yut = 2

Light Of the Abyss = 3
Swordbreaker = 3
Black Hammer = 3
Song of Ir Yut = 3
Hunger of Crota = 2

Crux of Crota = 0

Cryptographic Shader = 3
Light in the Abyss = 3
Glowhoo Shader = 3
Bane of Dark Gods = 2
S-13 Graverobber = 1

Bone Circlet = 1
Shroud of Flies = 1
Mark of the Pit = 1

EDIT: If I have the chance I will keep three of every raid weapon, one on each toon, and probably only one Nechrochasm, and maybe an extra Crux if I get it ever.

RetroMG

Anyone want to do a Normal Crota Run once the world reboots?

EDIT: Ethomaz, I just saw your invite from a couple hours ago. Sorry about that.

Looking for 3x HM Crota kill. CP would be nice, otherwise we'll have to do 1 full run. Add yourself to the list, looking to start in 1 hour!

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson

Boooooooo, stuck at work otherwise I'd like to help out. Anyone looking for a HM Crota kill would be wise to join this group.

Deku Tree

Which new cheese?

I think talking about the Valus cheese on top of the light platform.

It is honestly worse than the old Archon priest cheese under the platform and I imagine they will patch it eventually for that reason although I guess it is maybe too soon to patch it...

EDIT:

Oh that one is even worse and definitely will be patched eventually although probably not yet I would guess.

noomi

omg patch incoming? I thought it was for end of the week?

I will never know the awesomeness of pre-nerf harkmoon, this makes me extremely sad :*(

RetroMG

Please don't patch that new Valus cheese yet!
I want to at least use it once before! ^^

I can't imagine they've gotten to it that fast.

Which new cheese?

There's a new cheese that involves jumping into a hole under the tank where Valus is that glitches you out of the game world and lets you stand above the room where Valus is, to snipe him to your heart's content with an ArPen sniper.

Be careful using it to solo the nightfall, though. I glitched myself out of the world, died, and got kicked to orbit right outside of Valus' room last night.

I'm down.
Alright! I think that makes 6 then?
1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson
3. HigXx
4. caine-chi / Deadly_Tacoz (I think this means you're bringing a friend NakedRescue?)
5. Ambitious (PSN?)

Just grabbing some dinner, will start sending out invites in the next 20 or 30 minutes!

Boooooooo, stuck at work otherwise I'd like to help out. Anyone looking for a HM Crota kill would be wise to join this group.

Damn, too bad! Always a pleasure running some Crota with you!

Yup

Both of their hard-disks gave up. I can hear the screeching of the spindle when I try to boot either of them.

I lost close to 50Gbs of data, I did have a backup, my desktop :-\
Laptop crashed in the afternoon, got an external hdd home to a dead desktop T_T

Try and get help from a professional data recovery service. They're expensive but it might be worth if your data was too important to lose.

omg patch incoming? I thought it was for end of the week?

I will never know the awesomeness of pre-nerf harkmoon, this makes me extremely sad :*(

They couldn't even let me unlock the second perk :(

Shito

Oh that one is even worse and definitely will be patched eventually although probably not yet I would guess.

I can't imagine they've gotten to it that fast.
No, but my only "fear" is that they noticed it way earlier than us and anticipated the LDR thing.
They will surely patch it, and I agree with them patching it, but I would really love to at least use it once this week, just for the fun of it. :3

That's crazy! D: I have to try it later today. So you can even go in solo? No need of other to go in normally to start the fight?
Apparently it works solo, yep!
Can't wait to try tonight, if it's not patched yet.
*fingers crossed*

Anyone want to rip through a quick nightfall?

1) Me, GKW212
2)
3)

Need to start ASAP because I'm on lunch break. The quest for the Horn is getting really sick. I need help... I'll look into it after this NF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom