• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Took me over a week to max out the truth :eek: That's doing 3-4 bounties a day...

Next I'll be working on mida and patience and time. Hope Xur brings some nice telemetries for me this weekend.

Homeboyd

I have received ONE exotic (my, I don't know, 5th? vex) from the following over the past week:

Nightfalls x 6
Atheon x 3 (so far)
Crota Normal x 5 (so far)
Crota Hard x 4 (so far)
Deathsinger x 5 (so far)
Gorgon chest x 6
And probably 25 ROC strikes to boot

So that's 29 possible exotic drop chances (not including ROC's obviously), with only 1 exotic to show for it over this week (so far) and all of last week. Still have 1 more normal crota, 1 more DS, 2 more hard mode crotas and 3 atheons this week.

You simply can't beat that luck.

(Also at ~30 normal crota kills without a song yet. I know it sucks, but still... no song)

Ahh, the inconsistency is driving me nuts.

The Vex Mythoclast is a 1.5 level increment over what was the top level at the time.

Yet the Nechrochasm is only a .5 level increment over the current top level.

(Note weapons gain a 5% increase in attack stat for every level)

So we went from 300 to 331, or a 5% increase per level

300 + 5% = 315 + 5% = 330.75 (or 331)

Vex was 300 + 5% = 315 + 2.5% = 322.875 (or 323)

Nechro is 300 + 5% = 315 + 5% = 330.75 + 2.5% = 339.02 (or 339)

So the question is, was Bungie seriously so afraid of repeating the same mistakes with the Vex that they went full blown stillborn with the Nechro?

noomi

I just wish there were more things to do on a daily basis. There's... nothing. The daily quests are all the same and have been since launch, save the handful from Eris.

Yeah same here man, I want moar! I love destiny and the community here, but new bounties, better strike rotation, modifers, horde mode? Anything? Would really be great for us :)

But as it look's, I'll be getting back to grinding out roc strikes and doing a handful of bounties each day to level some weapons. I'll probably play an hour or so each day until the reset hits again.

You guys makes Tuesdays awesome :)

Nami would be dead if resets happened more than once a week. He would have to play everything 6 times and make double the posts.

haha, nami is a machine, seriously. I would think something is wrong if I didn't see posts from him each day.

They key is to spread it out lol. Also, let's play Cards Against Humanity again - that was fun!

That was pretty fun, need to do that more often. Also we should all play other games together as well :) The community on dgaf is the best thing about destiny. Would love to play some more titles with you guys

I have received ONE exotic (my, I don't know, 5th? vex) from the following over the past week:

Nightfalls x 6
Atheon x 3 (so far)
Crota Normal x 5 (so far)
Crota Hard x 4 (so far)
Deathsinger x 5 (so far)
Gorgon chest x 6
And probably 25 ROC strikes to boot

Why 6 of each? Are you playing on xbox and ps4?

Namikaze1

haha, nami is a machine, seriously. I would think something is wrong if I didn't see posts from him each day.
terminator-exoskeleton_00274632.jpg

You figured out my secret. You realize I must now terminate you right?

Lima

Ahh, the inconsistency is driving me nuts.

The Vex Mythoclast is a 1.5 level increment over what was the top level at the time.

Yet the Nechrochasm is only a .5 level increment over the current top level.

(Note weapons gain a 5% increase in attack stat for every level)

So we went from 300 to 331, or a 5% increase per level

300 + 5% = 315 + 5% = 330.75 (or 331)

Vex was 300 + 5% = 315 + 2.5% = 322.875 (or 323)

Nechro is 300 + 5% = 315 + 5% = 330.75 + 2.5% = 339.02 (or 339)

So the question is, was Bungie seriously so afraid of repeating the same mistakes with the Vex that they went full blown stillborn with the Nechro?

Obviously. They were afraid to create another OP weapon like the Vex.

stb

All these HM Crota kill groups are killin' me!

Two weeks in a row my raid group hasn't been able to down Crota after running the full HM raid. No fault on anyone in the groups, we've just had too many 31s and people are burned out after running the raid.

Anyone willing to carry my sorry 31 titan ass in a HM Crota kill Thursday night Eastern time? I'm good bubblebait, and have a maxed ghorn to DPS his shield.

Frostburn

Obviously. They were afraid to create another OP weapon like the Vex.

Sad they went in the opposite direction for The Dark Below, none of the Legendary weapons or Exotics are all that great. I mean most of the HM weapons from CE aren't bad but nothing like Fatebringer or even VOC in my opinion and on the Exotic end its just pathetic.

Raybunny

Sad they went in the opposite direction for The Dark Below, none of the Legendary weapons or Exotics are all that great. I mean most of the HM weapons from CE aren't bad but nothing like Fatebringer or even VOC in my opinion and on the Exotic end its just pathetic.

The CE weapons are a fking joke! Abyss defiant is ok but aside that... nope nope nope

ethomaz

Banned
All these HM Crota kill groups are killin' me!

Two weeks in a row my raid group hasn't been able to down Crota after running the full HM raid. No fault on anyone in the groups, we've just had too many 31s and people are burned out after running the raid.

Anyone willing to carry my sorry 31 titan ass in a HM Crota kill Thursday night Eastern time? I'm good bubblebait, and have a maxed ghorn to DPS his shield.
Everything is down for the God Swordbearer... I just shot Gjallahorns (even when I was lvl 31).

Arrrammis

The only good thing to come of the raid is the Black Hammer, which Bungie managed to break anyways. I've managed to almost be 32 without any raid armor (I have a full set, just hate looking like a radioactive space vampire -warlock), thanks to iron banner.The word of Crota is ok just for the sheer fact that I can do a void nightfall/weekly without having to use Atheon's Epilogue.

Lima

The only good CE raid weapon is Black Hammer.

TDB added a lot of excellent snipers though. LDR, Longbow Synthesis etc. are all good snipers with high impact which made the Ice Breaker obsolete.

Lothars

I'd say Abyss Defiant is by far the best HM weapon in Crota, I really like using it and it definitely is comparable to the best VOC primary weapons.

Deku Tree

Fang >>> VoC ==== FACT

Except for solar burn, oracles, and people with lazy fingers.

stb

Everything is down for the God Swordbearer... I just shot Gjallahorns (even when I was lvl 31).

Yeah; my first ever HM Crota kill took like 5 minutes with no wipes. I just stayed out of the way and DPSed. We didn't even get to ogres.

Since then, it's been either glitches/lag or silly mistakes. Last night I think we were too focused on generating orbs in the crystal room, and people kept dying to knights charging the room instead of staying outside like good boys.

We only got 2-3 actual "runs" in where we killed the swordbear and made an attempt at downing Crota out of probably 10 wipes.

In all honesty, I kinda hate the encounter, especially in hard mode due to the level discrepancy. NM Crota kill is a foregone conclusion. HM Crota kill has been a war of attrition and the material difference is the over-leveling thing. It's dumb.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate if group who is really sure of themselves being able to kill him would let me tag along. I just need a few more shards to hit 32.

noomi

"this week and last week" aka this week's loot and last week's

Ahhh, ok. I was about to say that's pretty extreme for one day :p

One of my friends plays on both xbox and ps4, I don't know how and why he does it though. That seems too much.

ocean

Banned
I like how Fang gets shit for actually being a scout rifle instead of an auto rifle. Fang and Word are just fine. Abysmal Defiant is low impact junk.
The fang is outstanding. Same impact as VoC with better range/stability/attack stat + third eye. Easily a better weapon.

The Word just sucks though. It's got really low impact. I don't mean lower than Timur or Hawkmoon. I dont just mean lower than Fatebringer either. It's lower than Thorn :| useless gun outside of Void Burn IMO.

noomi

I dunno guys, I kind of like the word of crota, it's been my primary ever since I looted it. Sure it's no fatebringer, but it's not terrible. I really dig the rate of fire on it, and being a void weapon is pretty nice too :D

To each his own though.

Worst crota weapon is probably the swordbreaker and the heavy mg.

Got a blue scout with shoot-to-loot, now I can pick up that heavy while hiding behind boxes in Valus strike.

Also Hawkmoon is legit, noomi you don't know what you're missing
sorry for reminding lol

The CE weapons are a fking joke! Abyss defiant is ok but aside that... nope nope nope
Seriously?

The Fang is better than the Abyss by a mile.

The Black Hammer is one of the best snipers in the game. The Light of the Abyss is the best purple fusion. The Hunger of Crota is the best purple rocket launcher.

Only the Word, Swordbreaker, and Song of Ir Yut are doo doo, and there are arguments to be made about each of them (except the Song, blech.) And the Word only pales in comparison to the Fatebringer.

The Edict... a pulse rifle.

Ryck

I was out of town for the reset so I didn't do anything yesterday. I'll be playing catch up all day.

Psn: Ryck007

Need to do Nf's, raids, etc

I'll be on most of the day.

rNilla

The fang is outstanding. Same impact as VoC with better range/stability/attack stat + third eye. Easily a better weapon.

The Word just sucks though. It's got really low impact. I don't mean lower than Timur or Hawkmoon. I dont just mean lower than Fatebringer either. It's lower than Thorn :| useless gun outside of Void Burn IMO.

My only complaint with Word so far is that I seem to be out of ammo frequently. And it doesn't make things splode.

rNilla

The Last Word is great but why is it a giant clown gun? It would take some serious space magic to do Ocelot tricks with that thing.

Shito

You know what's also godlike for arc strikes? Fatebringer.

Fuck the Fang and edict. Both are shit.
Balance patch could make the Edict more valuable.
... but I really don't count too much on it, probably won't be that much of a damage increase to pulse rifles. ^^

Raybunny

Seriously?

The Fang is better than the Abyss by a mile.

The Black Hammer is one of the best snipers in the game. The Light of the Abyss is the best purple fusion. The Hunger of Crota is the best purple rocket launcher.

Only the Word, Swordbreaker, and Song of Ir Yut are doo doo, and there are arguments to be made about each of them (except the Song, blech.) And the Word only pales in comparison to the Fatebringer.

The Edict... a pulse rifle.

The Black hammer is ok but that annoying cooldown to shoot the next shot is so frustrating, LRD or Spear makes for a better and more enjoyable gameplay. Pulse rifle... who uses that. I do not use scouts so Ill pass on that one

IMO they are a joke. I see barely any purpose on using them. The word is useful on void burn, abyss on the burn if you wanna keep another exotic instead of vex. Thats about it.

Lima

Balance patch could make the Edict more valuable.
... but I really don't count too much on it, probably won't be that much of a damage increase to pulse rifles. ^^

Won't make most pulse rifles viable for PvE. At least not the low impact ones.

Can't wait to play more with the Red Death in PvP though. It's pretty good right now and I imagine it will be excellent after the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom