• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

This literally makes zero sense, people could be strategic before and instead of supering a team before they got the heavy it would be more profitable for someone to solo super a team right after they picked up heavy ammo.

1 step forward, 1 step back

This is why:

i always thought it was stupid how a team would wait till everyone picked up heavy ammo and then super them - especially in skirmish. then they'd have 10 rockets for the rest of the match. i played one game on delphi where i killed everyone at the first heavy drop and i had enough rockets to use it as a primary for the rest of the match.

My team either picks up both heavy ammo or just kills the other team immediately and gets double the heavy ammo. It prevents steamrolling and it's a great change.

Honestly, I think having it drop introduced some strategical nuances which are now just gone.

Meh. I see it more as abuse, especially with certain supers that don't have any real disk to using them like the Death from Above or the Nova Bomb.

You just find a Heavy ammo box (lets say low heavy on Pantheon) and wait there with your super at a safe distance, and let the enemy gather.

I see it more as an abuse than a strategy.

If you want to go even further, imagine a Titan with G'horn and Ruin Wings. Every ammo pack the Titan picks up is 4 rockets. If you even kill 3 people, thats probably more than 12 kills. If you're smart you wont pick up all 3 packs at once to really maximize your destruction.

So they didn't fix the issue with the Vex charging like a regular FR and instead nerfed it further? lol

Someone shop that gif of the guy beating the dead horse and replace the horse with the mythoclast.

That poor weapon wont be able to kill a shank by the time HoW comes out.

Also: Grimoire just shot up to 2880 so max is probably over 3000 now.

realcZk

Patch 1.1.1: The one that didn't fix the game

• Crota's End Fixes:
KXar7Tw.gif

noomi

hmm anyone else have to accept a new license agreement, I don't ever remember seeing that before with patches...

Here we go!

Curious to see how Hcs, Shotties and PRs were affected in both PvP and PvE, as well as FRs in PvP. ARs, never use them except IB bounty but no longer needed!!

Next curious is the armor penetration perk. How much less damage to swordface behind rock?

IB map rotation goes from 4 maps to?? Rofl that's a joke.

PvP heavy ammo not dropping is fine with me. I hated when people had 10 rockets for days.

Curious if any stealth patches.

boofa

Neo Member
Thx for the run Narmer and Dhruv, just my luck to be the only 1 that doesn't get an exotic...even if the ones you all got were garbage, lol

Yes Weekly is matching making, I need 2 more of those this week. I only try to knock out NF during reset and everything else is a bonus.

Still hoping to do 2 HM Crota maybe later tonight, going to be getting back late from class and I have to still head to the gym.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Holy shit. This is kind of a big change. Wonder what prompted that change

I don't know, but I use Thunderlord and once Heavy ammo arrived, I could use it for the rest of the match without using any other gun thanks to heavy ammo dropping from players. It felt awesome but too broken/OP.

Iceman829

Once again Bungie shows it incompetence. Maybe if someone play tested their own game at that play they wouldn't have to edit their own patch notes to say "By the way we fucked up again and accidentally nerfed the vex". Nerfs across the board and boosts to pulse rifles. I still don't see how shotguns can be viable since they reduced range and fall off damage. Maybe if the guns weren't linked to PvP the shotguns could have some actual distance to them.

I also hate weeklies have mandatory matchmaking. Most of the people I play with will usually start the mission when they are ready and everyone else joins in progress as they finish swapping gear or guns. It would be nice if they added a party system that allowed members to any planet and join one another in progress. You could allow all 6 slots to fill up and each fireteam on the planet max out at 3. It's quite annoying that you need to juggle game chat and party chat when your team is full. People should be able to join parties and be social with their friends and move in and out of activities freely. Just because 1 guy needs to visit the tower why make them leave the party. Just let them fly their ship out and return when they are ready. It would prevent other people from jumping into a full lobby that has a spot open because they left to go pick up heavy ammo in the tower or something

Zoba, let us know if TLW is still great! I'm guessing slight decrease to range won't effect it badly. Just can't snipe with it from super long range now, I hope...

1. More Vault Space
2. Accessing vault space from my ship
3. More content (to explore and do missions and patrol in--drop last gen Bungie, and armor customization)

-

Edit: Also even though the heavy ammo bug is fixed I will still be doing the NLB/Ice breaker trick to get ammo, especially in HM Crota. Synth will only be used in emergencies.

My Grimoire is still 2445 on bungie.net so I'm guessing I have to download the patch and login first to update it. Not that that really means anything.

Namikaze1

Go on.

Also, it really bothers me that the Necrochasm has a pulse rifle symbol in the UI - maybe it got a buff, too! lol
It's just owning enemies left and right.

Now to see how bad Necro is after the patch.

Edit: top of the page.... FEED MY GJALLARHORN!!

LTWood12

Once again Bungie shows it incompetence. Maybe if someone play tested their own game at that play they wouldn't have to edit their own patch notes to say "By the way we fucked up again and accidentally nerfed the vex". Nerfs across the board and boosts to pulse rifles. I still don't see how shotguns can be viable since they reduced range and fall off damage. Maybe if the guns weren't linked to PvP the shotguns could have some actual distance to them.

I also hate weeklies have mandatory matchmaking. Most of the people I play with will usually start the mission when they are ready and everyone else joins in progress as they finish swapping gear or guns. It would be nice if they added a party system that allowed members to any planet and join one another in progress. You could allow all 6 slots to fill up and each fireteam on the planet max out at 3. It's quite annoying that you need to juggle game chat and party chat when your team is full. People should be able to join parties and be social with their friends and move in and out of activities freely. Just because 1 guy needs to visit the tower why make them leave the party. Just let them fly their ship out and return when they are ready. It would prevent other people from jumping into a full lobby that has a spot open because they left to go pick up heavy ammo in the tower or something

I'm with you on the forced matchmaking. Always nice to go ahead and start it up and vice versa while my friends and I get geared up. Now we have to wait around for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom