• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I assume I missed multiple pages of complaints already but this looks pretty good. I like the general lessening of both special and heavy ammo availability in the crucible. nice to see both heavy ammo bugs fixed; I will have to experience it before I believe it's true. fewer repeats in strikes and crucible sounds good too... and the new control maps added to iron banner for next time around.. finally. Wonder what "gear with the proper power level" means in Crucible rewards.

can't wait to try red death now and finish leveling it up. I also keep thinking of more and more situations where they'd actually be appropriate and am starting to wonder if the doubled damage may end up making shotguns shockingly viable in PvE.

real shame that you cannot opt out of the weekly heroic matchmaking. Saw it coming six miles off with all the calls to add it in, and while I don't think the team-start inconvenience will be too bad for me I quite enjoyed soloing them. maybe we'll figure out some glitchy way to start them solo somehow.

If you get two friends to start it with you and then have them quit, I bet it will still eventually send in two replacements for your friends.

I assume I missed multiple pages of complaints already but this looks pretty good. I like the general lessening of both special and heavy ammo availability in the crucible. nice to see both heavy ammo bugs fixed; I will have to experience it before I believe it's true. fewer repeats in strikes and crucible sounds good too... and the new control maps added to iron banner for next time around.. finally. Wonder what "gear with the proper power level" means in Crucible rewards.

can't wait to try red death now and finish leveling it up. I also keep thinking of more and more situations where they'd actually be appropriate and am starting to wonder if the doubled damage may end up making shotguns shockingly viable in PvE.

real shame that you cannot opt out of the weekly heroic matchmaking. Saw it coming six miles off with all the calls to add it in, and while I don't think the team-start inconvenience will be too bad for me I quite enjoyed soloing them. maybe we'll figure out some glitchy way to start them solo somehow.

Yea I'm liking this new patch a lot. And I'm stuck at work crying!

Not one change to things like:

1. Swords dissapearing
2. Crota attacking when shield is down
3. Awful Swordbearer pathfinding
4. Knights coming through force fields
5. A MILLION OTHER RAID BUGS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN FIXED IN CE OR VOG

I believe Bungie will never fix raid bugs...ever.

They will fix raid bugs if it benefits players, otherwise forget about it.

As long as TLW and Hawkmoon are still great, then this patch only helped things. I think I love the heavy ammo no-drop in PvP. Getting blasted with a rocket 4+ times in a row is absolutely annoying so this will be sweet.

Excited to give Pulse Rifles a
burst
shot. Glad I didn't do any weeklies or crotas yet.

Nah, it's the 4-shot machine gun burst that annoys the bejesus out of me.

The Last Word >>>>

uploaded the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIUYimXBFN8

TLW is the most beautiful and satisfying weapon I've ever used in a shooter. Everytime I'm playing PVP with friends I'm constantly saying "omg tlw is so good". But then there are times when nothing seems to hit. Not sure if it's me or lag

Edit** why did they have to fuck with it :-/

Pulse rifles are worth using now? Wow glad they delivered.

I guess I won't shout at ck for using them now :p

Hehe apology accepted

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, if I'm reading this right, fusion rifles will be slightly less annoying at medium to long range, but significantly more annoying close range because shotguns are going to be a lot less useful?
I doubt shotguns are going to be "a lot less useful," but the concept of their viability being decreased equaling fusion rifles getting more annoying somehow is also lost on me :p
If you get two friends to start it with you and then have them quit, I bet it will still eventually send in two replacements for your friends.
Yeah that wouldn't be particularly adequate anyway, sucks
Yea I'm liking this new patch a lot. And I'm stuck at work crying!
ha, same, have to go do IT support for my parents after work too.
Crucible legendary engrams decrpyted into old, 300 atk/27light gear.
oh, word.

WOW

They introduced a bug to the Vex and just went ahead and partially broke a weapon because they couldn't fix it in time?

The epitome of Bungie here folk.

Embarrassing.

I also keep thinking of more and more situations where they'd actually be appropriate and am starting to wonder if the doubled damage may end up making shotguns shockingly viable in PvE.

I just don't see it in high level end game play outside of a few situations (maybe). Shotguns will never be as viable as a sniper or fusion rifle at that level in PvE until they disincentivize long range enemy encounters or give them some additional class wide perks (like extreme stagger).

Shito

Is the Oversoul Edict really good?
Have one nearly maxed out (my only CE primary -- I don't raid much) that I can't wait to try out now. <3
Also, anybody tested the Valus cheese? Or has any information of that change to the armor piercing weapons?

http://www.twitch.tv/triplewrecktv

Dude is wrecking with the pulse rifles.
Triplewreck is good, but if you want a look at the weapon balance in PVP, this guy is in a whole other league: http://www.twitch.tv/wishyouluckk
He's rocking the Thorn at the moment.

WOW

They introduced a bug to the Vex and just went ahead and partially broke a weapon because they couldn't fix it in time?

Embarrassing.
I think it's more a case of them discovering this bug after the submissions were made.
Releasing a patch on a console is a way more complicated process than on PC, you have to deal with approvals and stuff. Basically you always have one or two versions of difference between your work version and the one the players are currently playing.
I deal with this kind of shit every day. ^^

E92 M3

WOW

Embarrassing.

A bug we anticipated weeks ago, too.

I just don't see it in high level end game play outside of a few situations (maybe). Shotguns will never be as viable as a sniper or fusion rifle at that level in PvE until they disincentivize long range enemy encounters or give them some additional class wide perks (like extreme stagger).

Until they separate PVP and PVE we will get nothing substantial except boring weapons that have to work in both cases.

Homeboyd

WOW

Embarrassing.
From the same dudes that brought you this gem:

"When you stand in front of the Gunsmith, you’re faced with choices. Each of the weapons on that wall is valuable in a special way. When you pull a piece of iron from the rack and commit it to your arsenal, you embrace strengths and weaknesses that complement the way you fight."

bugsjpg.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure, and even with stagger they're nullified against Angry and typically Lightswitch too.

But there are a number of situations ("maybe" :p) where they really are well-suited in endgame settings, killing Oracles, holding plates/confluxes against minotaurs (Void), non-Lightswitch rooms with multiple Captains (arc). I'm hoping I can get a group to try all switching to shotguns to rush down the Deathsinger, I really think it might work well. I actually have some interesting ideas about using one for the Bridge encounter too. There's no way shotguns will ever become the best choice for every situation in PvE but just having them be viable in some could inject some life into certain content for me.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I think it's more a case of them discovering this bug after the submissions were made.
Releasing a patch on a console is a way more complicated process than on PC, you have to deal with approvals and stuff. Basically you always have one or two versions of difference between your work version and the one the players are currently playing.
I deal with this kind of shit every day. ^^

I don't know, seems to be a very logical bug that many gaffers anticipated. And to test it they just needed to choose Vex when testing PVP, common, Vex is like the most used weapon....

The bungie problem is that they don't separete the weapons in a proper way. They have the same balance for PVP and PVE, they have primare weapons that are the same "class" as special weapons and are affected by the same changes.

Sure, and even with stagger they're nullified against Angry and typically Lightswitch too.

But there are a number of situations ("maybe" :p) where they really are well-suited in endgame settings, killing Oracles, holding plates/confluxes against minotaurs (Void), non-Lightswitch rooms with multiple Captains (arc). I'm hoping I can get a group to try all switching to shotguns to rush down the Deathsinger, I really think it might work well. I actually have some interesting ideas about using one for the Bridge encounter too. There's no way shotguns will ever become the best choice for every situation in PvE but just having them be viable in some could inject some life into certain content for me.

1 shotting oracles ftw! And yea for mobs of Thrall, maybe 1-2 shots to get shields away of captains. Maybe 1 shot shank with a solar shotty. There seems a lot more room for use now.

Underwhelming patch. It wouldn't be so disappointing if Bungie patched their game every few weeks like most other online games worth their salt.

A game like this needs constant attention and a regular drip of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Destiny has far too few updates.

Iceman829

"When you stand in front of the Gunsmith, you’re faced with choices. Each of the weapons on that wall is valuable in a special way. When you pull a piece of iron from the rack and commit it to your arsenal, you embrace strengths and weaknesses that complement the way you fight."

bugsjpg.png

Either my 10th Super Good Advice or 10 blue fusion rifles. I just can't decide which gun will be more worthless to have.

Until they separate PVP and PVE we will get nothing substantial except boring weapons that have to work in both cases.

Yeah, I mean every little bit counts in making them better in PvE so it's not like it's unwelcome, but I don't see the point. The vast majority of the game's enemy encounters just aren't built around the shotgun game once you don't have a huge level advantage (and even then, still not so much) and the things it needs in PvE to be viable (like better range) would make them ridiculously OP in PvP. Either separate the two balances, or focus on balancing it for PvP.

Deej-speak for "vendor trash"

my eyes are rolling so hard it hurts

Hoodbury

I had some decent PVP styled pulse rifles awhile ago. Can't remember if I sharded them or vaulted them. Hoping I vaulted them, heh.

I'm curious to see if anything comes from it and I'm sure I could be missing some situations that would be useful (all I could think of was the Oracles). The way the game discourages switching special and heavy weapons mid-game means they need to have a lot of uses though.

E92 M3

Yeah, I mean every little bit counts in making them better in PvE so it's not like it's unwelcome, but I don't see the point. The vast majority of the game's enemy encounters just aren't built around the shotgun game once you don't have a huge level advantage (and even then, still not so much) and the things it needs in PvE to be viable (like better range) would make them ridiculously OP in PvP. Either separate the two balances, or focus on balancing it for PvP.

Indeed and that's why they need some kind of alternate powers such as:

- Inflicting heave damage on an enemy gives you a temporary overshield
- Extremeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (konamiconference.jpeg) stagger capability
- Range for PVE increased

Stuff like that.

E92 M3

We should get a patch like this every 2 weeks or so. Destiny is an ever evolving game and other developers are much quicker to react.

Deku Tree

Nah got 2 ballarhorns drops yesterday and I was like "damnit I don't want to level these up."

I think about "wow I hate going back and forth to the tower" so much that I just don't even do it anymore. I think if you add up the time it takes you to go back and forth to the tower versus the time it takes you to level up three ballerhorns, it is much less time to max out all three. Yeah that's what I am going with.

EDIT: Top of Page! Celebrate with GIF.

april13top.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom