• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch 1.1.1: The one that didn't fix the game

• Crota's End Fixes:
KXar7Tw.gif

#Epic #Dead

noomi

Holy shit...

Just tried the edict and... it's so damn good now. I think it's up there with black hammer and hunger of crota... maybe.... dare I say.... better? Really noticeable buff, love it.

My new weapon lineup:

1. Oversoul Edict
2. Black Hammer
3. Yolohorn

I really need to upgrade my red death and bad juju now, no joke.

Homeboyd

Well looks like it's time to pull out my Stranger's Rifle, OE and Bad Juju.
Nah, at the end of the day, they're still destiny pulse rifles. Just like with destiny shotguns, they're still useless. Of course, I'm not talking about pvp, because, really, who plays pvp? (sorry zoba)

rNilla

One thing I'd like to see is more PVE content with modifiers. Why not a Daily Mission style playlist, like the strike playlists, that cycles through random story missions with random modifiers? It would be great to include some drops or reward possibilities as well but at least having a way to do something new on demand would be enough for me.

Given that part of the inspiration for Destiny was Bungie recognizing that Halo players loved to replay story missions over and over again with different Skulls (modifiers), it's surprising to me there isn't a similar option in Destiny outside of the Daily Mission, Weekly Heroic, and Nightfall.

So, if I'm reading this right, fusion rifles will be slightly less annoying at medium to long range, but significantly more annoying close range because shotguns are going to be a lot less useful?

For those on Xbox One a full power cycle should initiate the patching process next time Destiny is booted. I was getting servers not available until I did a hard reset.

1) Update content and add mechanics or other dynamics to Strikes to make each playthrough variable
2) Add Crucible rewards, such as quests to earn more marks. Like "Get 10 kills and 10 assists in one match, +3 marks".
3) More Vault, Inventory Space and glimmer cap, obvious.

If I could add more, it'd be
-faster methods of swapping guns such as in the ship (I know this doesn't make sense since each character has their own ship, but still, something!).
-Smart Vote/Kick in matchmade stuff.
-Reroll vendor weapons and maybe even legendary drops in general.
-Other ways to get motes. Like Strange Coins -> Motes. Go straight to Tower from login or from wherever (patrol, etc).
-Make Nightfall wipe start you from very beginning, not Orbit.
-New bounties
-Glimmer from bounty turn in

Deku Tree

Now that I got Ballerhorn #2 I no longer really care about getting HoC #3. Although I would take it.

I would like to get two more oversoul edict, one more Abyss Defiant, and one more Fang.

Then I can have all raid primaries on all toons at all times. And all raid secondaries too.
Just need one more HoC to have all raid heavies on all toons too.

This patch is very meh.

I didn't want anything they introduced.

Still waiting on a decent patch that brings about good changes.

I can care less about Pulse Rifles still, Oversoul Edict eats up ammo way too fast.

Also Guardians don't drop heavy in PvP anymore. Fuck off.

Now that I got Ballerhorn #2 I no longer really care about getting HoC #3. Although I would take it.

I would like to get two more oversoul edict, one more Abyss Defiant, and one more Fang.

Then I can have all raid primaries on all toons at all times. And all raid secondaries too.
That's hardcore. I maxed a black hammer for each character and two fangs. I don't think I want to do the same for OE. Time to start saving energies for HoW.

Not one change to things like:

1. Swords dissapearing
2. Crota attacking when shield is down
3. Awful Swordbearer pathfinding
4. Knights coming through force fields
5. A MILLION OTHER RAID BUGS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN FIXED IN CE OR VOG

I believe Bungie will never fix raid bugs...ever.

after a few games

-oversoul edict is like the mythoclast of pulse rifles
-bad juju makes supers show up twice as often
-red death is 2sk again if all bullets hit. owns mid-ranged encounters
-TLW with aggressive ballistics is wildly inaccurate if you spam it. have to fire slower (than i already was with AB on) but it's still deadly. i guess the change will separate the boys from the men

i hope oversoul edict doesn't end up overused like VOC was after the scout rifle buff.

First impressions:

I have yet to notice a difference in using my fusion rifle in PvP. That said, I was getting eaten up my Mythoclasts left and right. No idea how that makes any sense, unless they got some sort of stealth damage buff and it accidentally applied to PvP.

Shotguns are still monsters in PvP, didn't really notice any change.

Hand Cannons are still monsters in PvP, didn't really notice any change.

The Heavy ammo change in PvP (with not dropping from corpses is nice) it's easier to manage who has what and who needs taken down. It's nice being able to call out that X has heavy ammo kill him, and not have to worry about two or 3 heavy ammo exchanges from death, and thus surprise rockets later on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I assume I missed multiple pages of complaints already but this looks pretty good. I like the general lessening of both special and heavy ammo availability in the crucible. nice to see both heavy ammo bugs fixed; I will have to experience it before I believe it's true. fewer repeats in strikes and crucible sounds good too... and the new control maps added to iron banner for next time around.. finally. Wonder what "gear with the proper power level" means in Crucible rewards.

can't wait to try red death now and finish leveling it up. I also keep thinking of more and more situations where they'd actually be appropriate and am starting to wonder if the doubled damage may end up making shotguns shockingly viable in PvE.

real shame that you cannot opt out of the weekly heroic matchmaking. Saw it coming six miles off with all the calls to add it in, and while I don't think the team-start inconvenience will be too bad for me I quite enjoyed soloing them. maybe we'll figure out some glitchy way to start them solo somehow.

Mindlog

Decreased over-penetration value for weapons with armor piercing perks
This better not ruin my fun.
Shoot to Loot: Two-second cooldown added to perk to prevent extra ammunition gains while ammunition bricks despawn
Not bad. Now I can delete that wepaon and get some precious vault space back.
Full Auto: Fixed issues in which the weapon perk stopped working while the trigger was being held down
This pleases me.
"Focused Aggression" Bounty can now be completed with headshots from Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles, and Hand Cannons
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Ammunition consumables will now work if used when player inventory is full
Well it looks like I'll be buying 90 more Heavy Packs this weekend.

Well that was fun. What's next?

cilonen

From the patch notes, this gets me the most and is a pretty good illustration of everything that posses me off about Destiny/Bungie (deliberately called the entity that as this is not an issue about the game per se).

"Fixed an issue in which Xur did not carry exotic engrams in inventory on certain dates."

This is not a fucking "issue". This was your game design with the exotic shard update. You advertised him as not having engrams every week. It was design. It was only an "issue" in the sense that you "issued" it to us in a patch, Bungie.

Always with the condescending crap.

Edit: and there's a EULA now too. Lovely.

I know more vault space is happening so I'll just say 3 other wishes.

1. Take ascendant materials and strange coins out of the nightfall loot table. I only played Omnigul once last week cos it gave me coins after finishing it on my warlock.
2. Legendary engrams should never ever decrypt into materials again. It's just taking choice away from the player. Imagine playing last week nightfall and getting an engram that decrypted into shards.
3. Re roll perks on legendary weapons. How this is not part of the game already still blows my mind.

after a few games

-oversoul edict is like the mythoclast of pulse rifles
-bad juju makes supers show up twice as often
-red death is 2sk again if all bullets hit. owns mid-ranged encounters
-TLW with aggressive ballistics is wildly inaccurate if you spam it. have to fire slower (than i already was with AB on) but it's still deadly. i guess the change will separate the boys from the men

i hope oversoul edict doesn't end up overused like VOC was after the scout rifle buff.

See I don't play PvP. So I feel they focus these patches on fixing PvP balance while ruining PvE balance.

I don't like my PvE game being sacrificed for the poor job they did balancing PvP.

Destiny 2 needs them to be separate.

As long as TLW and Hawkmoon are still great, then this patch only helped things. I think I love the heavy ammo no-drop in PvP. Getting blasted with a rocket 4+ times in a row is absolutely annoying so this will be sweet.

Excited to give Pulse Rifles a
burst
shot. Glad I didn't do any weeklies or crotas yet.

Was itching to play Destiny this past weekend and went to turn on my PS4. Turns out that powering off my PS4 somehow completely broke it. Stupid thing turns itself off after 2 seconds now ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom