• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Man I've been feeling the Destiny burn out lately. The patch is actually bringing some hype back. Now I can't wait to get home to max out the "new" toys.

squadr0n

Has the 1.1.1 Patch released yet for PS4? JW if I can que up for Weeklies now without having to find a group in advance everytime.

NVM, guy above me answered it for me lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1 shotting oracles ftw! And yea for mobs of Thrall, maybe 1-2 shots to get shields away of captains. Maybe 1 shot shank with a solar shotty. There seems a lot more room for use now.
in all the cases in which I used to think "maybe it's shotgun time," I basically shied away in favor of a fusion or hand cannon for the job because the risk wasn't worth a little extra damage versus spending more time.. but a 100% damage increase is pretty huge. I hope gaffers will experiment and share scenarios where they can work post-patch.

Again, it's impossible for shotguns to ever become the best choice in ubiquity, even with massive stagger or knockback properties or what have you. But the big change with this patch is that I truly believe there are some scenarios where the will now be the legitimate best choice.
Swordbreaker two shotting Praetorian

Praetorian getting rekt
one shot takes away its face, i like. how about some shotgun vs. Major melee knight action from somebody

EL CUCO

What are you planing to max out?
OE, Swordbreaker, and I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for that Red Death upgrade. TripleWRECK was killing it with it.

Plus my Bad Juju looks to be great now. I always liked Pulse Rifles, especially coming from Halo but man they were so useless in Destiny.

People on Reddit are still testing, but it sounds like the Armor Piercing nerf means you can't shoot through as many layers as before, and either through certain thicknesses and/or surfaces (like through the floor of the Ir Yut chamber to pull the wizards). No damage reduction though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm curious to see Swordbreaker vs everything during Deathsinger on Normal and Hard.
I'm planning to try this tonight (maybe swordbreaker, maybe not- there's nothing void obviously. but some shotgun). Hopefully I can convince my entire team to do so :p
People on Reddit are still testing, but it sounds like the Armor Piercing nerf means you can't shoot through as many layers as before, and either through certain thicknesses and/or surfaces (like through the floor of the Ir Yut chamber to pull the wizards). No damage reduction though.
All I care about is the swordbearer rocks from the ledge. any reports on that? :p

I'm planning to try this tonight (maybe swordbreaker, maybe not- there's nothing void obviously. but some shotgun). Hopefully I can convince my entire team to do so :p

All I care about is the swordbearer rocks from the ledge. any reports on that? :p

Not yet. I'll be pissed if that doesn't work anymore >:[

Swordbreaker two shotting Praetorian

Praetorian getting rekt

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg.gif

Just witnessed Found Verdict 3 shot a Praetorian. Shotguns PvE viable now???

OE, Swordbreaker, and I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for that Red Death upgrade. TripleWRECK was killing it with it.

Plus my Bad Juju looks to be great now. I always liked Pulse Rifles, especially coming from Halo but man they were so useless in Destiny.

Red Death is a lot of fun to use. I'm excited to check it out after this damage increase. Should completely wreck now.

Man I can't wait to get home and play Destiny today. I wasn't planning on really playing for the rest of the week, but this patch really excites me.

Shotguns 2 shoting praetorians.

Pulse rifles worth a damn.

no more heavy avalanches in PvP.

lots to be excited about.

Any word on hitting the Swordbearer through his favorite rock?

rNilla

Or maybe just run Universal Remote + Secret Handshake as a Titan... So many possibilities!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any pulse rifle impressions since the patch?

Really hoping bad juju becomes awesome.
seems like all of them are good now, lol

bad juju was already awesome though, just not in PvP.

I still have very little interest in them as a gun class, but I'm pretty respectably hyped to continue my love affair with red death.
Or maybe just run Universal Remote + Secret Handshake as a Titan... So many possibilities!
lol! unstoppable

I actually ought to keep universal remote on my titan now, just for funsies.

What glitch is this?

Sometimes when using weapons that had a full auto perk (Last Word, Vision of Confluence, etc.) you'd be holding down the trigger and it would randomly stop firing til you released the trigger and started firing again.

As you can imagine it's pretty frustrating in PvP.

Deku Tree

Lol same here. We were talking about this last night. It has to be the rarest drop in VoG.

Yeah I remember. If they ever do allow VoG weapon reforging they should also include a VoG extreme mode that has CE raid weapon drop rates and drops the current top attack value VoG weapons.

praetorian foil, but second rarest yeah.

Did anyone do some statistical study to determine how rare the different drops were?

phen0m24

Lol same here. We were talking about this last night. It has to be the rarest drop in VoG.

Foil I think, actually. EDIT BEATEN LIKE ANOTHER DEAD HORSE

Just got a Timepiece and have Oversoul Edict waiting in the wings.. Along with La Mort Rouge.
red death
need that upgrade!

GhaleonEB

lol

they did, yeah. funny that you haven't heard about the glitch though. equip ice breaker, use up all your primary and heavy ammo and get kills with ice breaker and they'll all be heavy.

I saw this in action on a recent raid, and didn't really understand the appeal of using it. I was like, congratulations, you now have heavy ammo. You are now out of primary and secondary ammo...

Looking forward to putting the 4th Horseman to work now that it's been buffed. Should make short work of Fallen Captains with the arc damage; the opening room in Omnigul's strike just got a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom