• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're from HaloGAF you recall the last time Bungie did something called "the arena" and all the terribleness that entailed.
The concept of Reach's Arena would seem to work better in the constantly resetting Destiny world than where it did with Halo.

But I don't PvP, so

kermit-the-frog-memesinuec.png

Hung Wei Lo

I was just thinking about MMO's that I've played in the past and remembered about Duels. Like in EQ and Wow where as you could be just around anywhere going about your way and then you suddenly get invited to a Duel!

Man I wasn't much of a duelist on those games but it was fun watching people do it and get in on it from time to time. I know certainly from a game like this it would be kinda very different since it's an fps but that in itself could of brought some fun challenges that would make it interesting. For example you could be dueling someone and them Vex appear, you then would have to think about your opponent, terrain for cover AND added enemies.

What do you guys think?

It's been a while since I've played it, but didn't Borderlands have something along the lines of dueling?

Captains Log, Day 30:

After 730 hours played. I have yet to find this "Gjallarhorn" it eludes me. I may never get one, or I have a strange feeling I will get it when HOW comes out, and Bungie will render it useless.

Im starting to lose it man. Yesterday was the first day in a long time I spent less than an hours playing. Im upset, I am losing hope, and I am starting to also not care anymore.

I have given them 730 hours of my life, and I do not have a Gjallahorn.

ethomaz

Banned
First IB match

18 kills

K/D 3.6

10 kills in a row bounty archived
10 headshot with machine guns bounty archived
5 "matança" headshots kills archived

Pretty good match... Rank 5 seems too close.

Shito

Captains Log, Day 30:

After 730 hours played. I have yet to find this "Gjallarhorn" it eludes me. I may never get one, or I have a strange feeling I will get it when HOW comes out, and Bungie will render it useless.

Im starting to lose it man. Yesterday was the first day in a long time I spent less than an hours playing. Im upset, I am losing hope, and I am starting to also not care anymore.

It's ok to start playing the game less.
Did that myself a few weeks ago, and it made me come back to it afterwards with a calm and appeased mind.

GhaleonEB

The best exotic I have is Truth, and I got two of them in rapid succession a few weeks ago. The only primary exotic is Monte Caro, which got boring to use shortly after I leveled it up; it rests in the vault. Otherwise I have Universal Remote and The 4th Horseman, and I purchased the former of those from Xur. Oh, and a Dragon's Breath, also from Xur.

I have given up any hope of ever getting another exotic from a drop at this point, certainly not a useful primary. All I really want right now is a legendary void sniper rifle for my Hunter. I got a legendary special weapon engram from the daily today. It turned into a sniper rifle. With arc burn, which both my characters have since that's what is sold at the Vanguard.

Freaking Rahool. I put it in the vault for my Titan to pick up after HoW hits.

Only took 2 Motes to get a 331 Jolder's with Void + Field Choke + Counterbalance + Field Scout/Perfect Balance. Right-side perk is wasted on Who's Next but that is definitely a keeper. Swap from FS to PB for 76 super stable rounds. A few minutes on the farm will let me buy another JHam to roll: Ideally Arc + Aggressive Ballistics + Rodeo or Rangefinder + FS/PB + Crowd Control or Grenadier.

Only other IB gun I'm tempted to roll is a 2nd Felwinter's Scumbag that dropped yesterday to add to my vendor version. Is Shot Package really worth rolling for relative to Rangefinder? Hard to imagine this gun being even cheaper than it is now but I've heard good things. Aggressive Ball + Final Round or LitC + Hammer Forged + Shot Package.

Shito

The best exotic I have is Truth, and I got two of them in rapid succession a few weeks ago. The only primary exotic is Monte Caro, which got boring to use shortly after I leveled it up; it rests in the vault. Otherwise I have Universal Remote and The 4th Horseman, and I purchased the former of those from Xur. Oh, and a Dragon's Breath, also from Xur.

I have given up any hope of ever getting another exotic at this point. All I really want right now is a legendary void sniper rifle for my Hunter. I got a legendary special weapon engram from the daily today. It turned into a sniper rifle. With arc burn, which both my characters have since that's what is sold at the Vanguard.

I feel like 80% of the sniper rifles I get through engrams or drops are arc.
Ever since the DLC hit I got one (ONE!) void LDR, out of a nightfall. Didn't even looked at the perks before joyfully celebrating it.

I need to hop on and buy the scout rifle and pulse rifle telemetries.

I have been watching the BB stream all morning, god damn it is amazing. I need to go to the gym soon though and do some homework.

Homeboyd

I have given up any hope of ever getting another exotic from a drop at this point, certainly not a useful primary. All I really want right now is a legendary void sniper rifle for my Hunter. I got a legendary special weapon engram from the daily today. It turned into a sniper rifle. With arc burn, which both my characters have since that's what is sold at the Vanguard.

Play VOG for a Praedyths Revenge. Excellent sniper. Capped at 300 atk but doesn't really matter except for CE HM which you wouldn't use a void weapon in anyways. May be rendered less effective when HoW drops depending on how they handle new atk values and whether you can ever upgrade VOG weapons though.

Seriously PR is so good. I know you love stable snipers too and this one is up there with the best. 6 shots too. Big reserves.

Namikaze1

*finishes reading the last 10-15 pages*

Dear DGAF,

Don't be like me and spend hours hunting the husk. It is not worth it. You'll lose a part of yourself in the process.

Not until Bungie buffs the hell out of Necrochasm that is.

Deku Tree

I feel like 80% of the sniper rifles I get through engrams or drops are arc.
Ever since the DLC hit I got one (ONE!) void LDR, out of a nightfall. Didn't even looked at the perks before joyfully celebrating it.

I am now leveling up a Void LDR with field scout and firefly. And I just today dismantled an almost identical duplicate and a different Void low impact sniper with armor piercing. It's just RNG.

Shito

I am now leveling up a Void LDR with field scout and firefly. And I just today dismantled an almost identical duplicate and a different Void low impact sniper with armor piercing. It's just RNG.
Oh, yeah, most certainly.
But if only they could add a way for us to reforge our weapons, that would mitigate such reactions. Get a dupe weapon with the same element? You're still very happy, because you know you can reforge it, even if it means grinding a little bit for it...

Play VOG for a Praedyths Revenge. Excellent sniper. Capped at 300 atk but doesn't really matter except for CE HM which you wouldn't use a void weapon in anyways. May be rendered less effective when HoW drops depending on how they handle new atk values and whether you can ever upgrade VOG weapons though.

Seriously PR is so good. I know you love stable snipers too and this one is up there with the best. 6 shots too. Big reserves.

Agreed. Spend some quality time with VoG. Praedyths Revenge, Fatebringer, Vison of Confluence and the potential exotic drops from the Gorgon chest and Atheon.

E92 M3

Captains Log, Day 30:

ethomaz

Banned
What is the worst IB bounty?

10 Melee kills.

Two matches and I only had 4.

It is too hard to get near and melee the others guys... I just Hankmoon headshot all of them.

GutZ31

You need to do a bunch of normal and hard VoG templar runs

347.jpg

Namikaze1

EDIT: sry for the double post...

Necrochasm is never ever getting buffed IMO.

Hey what is going on with the Necrochasm only normal VoG run?
I don't think it is gonna happen. The recent hospital visit forced me to change my schedule. Had a lot of things planned for this week that I wanted to do since I have no class and now I can't.

I may do it but it all depends on whether or not if family comes over tomorrow.

CLBridges

Freaking Felwinter's Lie, it always amazes me to be one-shotted from what seems like 15+ feet away lol. Maybe I can get lucky and get me one of those shotty's and get the right roll on it.

I really want an update that allows us to re-roll legendary weapons. Make them cost coins or Vanguard Commendations, I don't care. Maybe even coins for damage type (when applicable), and commendations for stats/talents.

Or, and this may sound REALLY crazy, they could actually start rotating the weapons that the Vanguard Vendor sells so we can maybe kinda have not have to wait for a void sniper to drop from the hateful RNGejus.

Ambitious

I just noticed that the Vault sidebar on bungie.net displays small badges for the damage type of the weapons. That's new, isn't it?

gear0au3x.png

noomi

I just noticed that the Vault sidebar on bungie.net displays small badges for the damage type of the weapons. That's new, isn't it?

gear0au3x.png

I was mentioning this yesterday in our raid group, wasn't sure. I guess your post confirms it, yeah it's new :p

I really want an update that allows us to re-roll legendary weapons.

I feel like this would be a perfect sink for all the depreciated ascendant materials of long-time players. I mean are they seriously going to leave them in the NFall loot table for this long without ever adding a new use? Especially considering you'd have to assume they'll introduce a new brand of upgrade material for HoW raid gear in order to gate progress to the new level cap. Obviously I'm on the more extreme end of the player base but I've got 602 ass energies and 1124 shards. ;_;

Praedyth's Revenge, which drops in the Vault of Glass, is a pretty badass void sniper. I have two of those, they're great.

Deku Tree

I feel like this would be a perfect sink for all the depreciated ascendant materials of long-time players. I mean are they seriously going to leave them in the NFall loot table for this long without ever adding a new use? Especially considering you'd have to assume they'll introduce a new brand of upgrade material for HoW raid gear in order to gate progress to the new level cap. Obviously I'm on the more extreme end of the player base but I've got 602 ass energies and 1124 shards. ;_;

I have like 100 more ass energies than you. I didn't think that was possible.

What is the worst IB bounty?

10 Melee kills.

Two matches and I only had 4.

It is too hard to get near and melee the others guys... I just Hankmoon headshot all of them.

That one always takes a while. It's not too bad for a Sunsinger Warlock though. melee during Radiance is a one hit kill.

LTWood12

I'm having a really hard time deciding if I should buy the hunter helm from Xur or not. I started playing recently so I only have 14 coins, and currently my only Exotic is Plan C. This is my profile: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428571139/2305843009289124263

I'm currently farming Iron Banner for the boots and chest, and I'm going to buy the gloves from Vanguard later today when I have the rep.

Any help would be appreciated!

No question, you need to buy it. You should also be grinding rep and marks to buy some vanguard or crucible gear.

ethomaz

Banned
That one always takes a while. It's not too bad for a Sunsinger Warlock though. melee during Radiance is a one hit kill.
4 matchs = 7 melee kills

Think like I'm trying to kill with melee... the last match I did only 1700 points due this requirement lol

More two match I reach the goal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom