• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Reposting for new page. (I hate getting bottom of page post.)

Starting a group up first for Glimmer farming in VoG, then moving into an Iron Banner train. If you want to join up, my PSN is RetroMG

1. RetroMG
2. RidliMM

rNilla

Ah, thought it was just me.

Edit: #huntermasterrace

I wasn't perpared.

You've failed us fig. Always be prepared.

m29wXq.gif

Shirow

Banned
I've thought that a bounty system would work. You could "opt-in" to either be the hunter, or hunted. Say you go to one of the factions and there is an option to "stay low guardian...you have made waves," and if you pick it up, you are now a target. At the same time, someone else could pick up from the Vanguard the "be on the look out for a rogue guardian, guardian," bounty. They they would would see VIP marker over guardians that had picked up the faction bounty while on patrol. The reward would be greater for those picking up the vendor bounties since they would have the marker, and wouldn't be pulled into the event until after you had been spotted by the Hunter.

I know it's even father removed from an MMO than Destiny is, but this is what Dark Souls 1v1 PVP feels like. Except instead of being invited, you might be invaded. I think it's brilliant how the PVE space becomes a PVP arena, and the invader can use the mobs in the level against you and you're both hurt by most environmental hazards.

I don't want to get invaded in a Nightfall and 1 shot with Felwinter's Lie, but I do want Bungie to ape this aspect of DS PVP in some way; faction wars in public spaces or something, or public events that had a PVP component.

Man those are some great ideas... this is something bungie should really look into.

Sorry team, had to take a break before I got too grumpy. Don't mind losing but I do get discouraged when it seems like I'm talking to myself, repeating the same call outs. I just like really lively mics in PvP and get kinda bummed when it feels disengaged. Bah, I'm just a curmudgeon sometimes, haha.

Lots of fun though and GG everyone that hopped aboard. I'll practice some deep breathing relaxation exercises and be ready for more madness tonight if there's a group.

PSN obviously hates me today, so I'm getting off for now. Good run, guys! :D

PSN hates people in general most days. Tons of party chat/connection problems today.

Those were definitely some fun matches. Many laughs were had, much cursing was done and some horrible English and Jamaican accents were used briefly. Whole lotta blinking and Fel-Winning going down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How did it work there? My copy of bordelands is burried deep in the backlog.
You smack the person in the face to challenge, if they smack you back to initiate the duel it puts a big dome around the immediate area you're in and then it's killing time! Sadly Borderlands' engine isn't remotely designed for PvP so it's a forgettable novelty

Shirow

Banned
Or lets say right in the tower. If there was a large space there with no vendors and you could just "go inside" and everything there would become attack-able then that would be cool.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
This game really needs a Nightfall Strike playlist. There's too much loot and not enough combat scenarios to really test out builds or even just have intense firefights. The arc burn on Omnigul illustrated this to me. It was actually fun and intense due to the ability to die so quickly. Destiny needs more difficult content to use our gear.

Shirow

Banned
You smack the person in the face to challenge, if they smack you back to initiate the duel it puts a big dome around the immediate area you're in and then it's killing time! Sadly Borderlands' engine isn't remotely designed for PvP so it's a forgettable novelty

Cool I didn't know that.

Destiny could have like a coliseum type area, some could watch and if you go in you have to fight. You could be like:
51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

Bradach

why is the weekly heroic strike the same as the nightfall strike? I can't see any reason for this. For people with 3 high level characters they run the same strike 6 times if they want coins as well as the NF loot. It just gets boring.

rNilla

This game really needs a Nightfall Strike playlist. There's too much loot and not enough combat scenarios to really test out builds or even just have intense firefights. The arc burn on Omnigul illustrated this to me. It was actually fun and intense due to the ability to die so quickly. Destiny needs more difficult content to use our gear.

I'd like to see a Story Mission playlist that randomly selects a story mission and modifiers. Something like this for Strikes, as you mentioned, would be interesting as well. Having the modifiers limited to two Weekly, and one Daily, rotating mission(s) is pretty limited. Modifier playlists seem like a relatively easy way to add more replayability without having to create a significant amount of new content.

Impala26

Thank fucking god. I still have 8+ Exotics to upgrade via Xur. :-(

Still bumming I wasted that Exotic Shard on the final upgrade of my chest before I realized it didn't have TDB stats and needed to be re-Xur-bished.

If you get a piece of exotic gear now, if it was a pre-TDB piece does it always have to be re-Xur-bished then?

phen0m24

Still bumming I wasted that Exotic Shard on the final upgrade of my chest before I realized it didn't have TDB stats and needed to be re-Xur-bished.

If you get a piece of exotic gear now, if it was a pre-TDB piece does it always have to be re-Xur-bished then?

No the stats should be updated

I think Bitsurugi was experiencing booze-induced lag, lol. At least for me the last couple matches were reasonable. I had clear views of every shotgun blast given and received. Also: shout out to DGAFer GhostFaceDon, ran into him on our scrub-tastic BWatch match, gg.

Next IB should have a "Complete 5 matches with 0 shotgun kills" bounty. Seems like I could count the number of non-Vex fusion users on one hand so far.

RetroMG

Three more spots for a group up first for Glimmer farming in VoG, then moving into an Iron Banner train. If you want to join up, my PSN is RetroMG

1. RetroMG
2. RidliMM
3. Ethomaz

phen0m24

Hmm... maybe I'm just an idiot and I technically got my Alpha Lupi JUST BEFORE TDB dropped. I guess I had to have then.

most likely. Of course, there were those of us who got exotics (weapons, mind you) from the Gorgon chest which were still capped at 300 even after TDB..

Separately, if you guys watch Slickdeals

Metro Redux for PS4 is $15 at Toys R Us
The Order is $39.99 at Best Buy - $31 with Gamer's Club Unlocked

Just FYI
for backlog addition purposes

Ganhyun

What do you guys think of this? My friend and I were talking about Destiny's PVP and thought this would be cool.

On a future weekly reset, a new crucible game type shows up. Its not Iron Banner though. You and a few buddies go in. You are all different classes. The game starts up, you notice something in the match beginning screen. Your team is all the same class. Your buddies see it too. The game starts, and its 6 warlocks vs 6 titans vs 6 hunters. first team to score 10K points wins.

Bungie tracks which class wins. At the end of the week, Bungie tabulates the results. They release a Bungie.net post telling eveyone about it. Whichever class won the most matches gets a custom shader, emblem, class item, or something with a bonus to experience, rep gains, or something like that, that stacks with any other type of boost.

Maybe the class that wins gets early access to some weapon or armor from HoW and can go above 32 or something instead.

but make it more limited. You can't simply play all three classes once and get the item. Either the first class you play as is the class you can win with, or once you go to play a second match you have to choose a class to win with or something.

CLBridges

I think Bitsurugi was experiencing booze-induced lag, lol. At least for me the last couple matches were reasonable. I had clear views of every shotgun blast given and received. Also: shout out to DGAFer GhostFaceDon, ran into him on our scrub-tastic BWatch match, gg.

Next IB should have a "Complete 5 matches with 0 shotgun kills" bounty. Seems like I could count the number of non-Vex fusion users on one hand so far.

Haha, I knew the names looked familiar and then Iooked and my FL and was like "uh oh, GAF PVP train". Honestly, their was a lot of lag happening that match. Next match I got 4th Horseman, first time since this year I've received an exotic from Crucible/Iron B

Haha, I knew the names looked familiar and then Iooked and my FL and was like "uh oh, GAF PVP train". Honestly, their was a lot of lag happening that match. Next match I got 4th Horseman, first time since this year I've received an exotic from Crucible/Iron B

Yeah lag is so weird how it can really seem to vary a lot between players. Sometimes it feels like everyone is seeing different things on their screens... Sadly our train rolled right off a cliff on that match, lol.

Nice, congrats on the 4th Horseman! Sometimes I forget that it's the only other exotic I'm missing besides TLord. From what I've heard it's suppoed to be good since the PvE shifty buff once they fix the accidental nerfs from the last patch.

noomi

You just need a dozen of one, noomi. :p

Hah, but but I have one of each now!

I wonder if they're 3D printed or replicas? Dang the Hawkmoon or Thorn would turn some heads at the range...

The website that I found was selling thorn and last word. Looks like some serious replicas.

Called impact props, the site has a bunch of into and even videos.

They sell for.... $420 :eek:

http://www.impactcustoms.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Is it just me or does that TLW look very lacklustre compared to the other two?

I think it's the yellow on it that looks a bit... odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom