• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a really hard time deciding if I should buy the hunter helm from Xur or not. I started playing recently so I only have 14 coins, and currently my only Exotic is Plan C. This is my profile: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428571139/2305843009289124263

I'm currently farming Iron Banner for the boots and chest, and I'm going to buy the gloves from Vanguard later today when I have the rep.

Any help would be appreciated!

MotTM is one of the best hunter exotics you can get. especally for a blade dancer. the infusion perk is essential for HM crota. if you get the IB peices you can easily bladedance your self thruogh crota normal abyss for the raid gloves or get into any group here and your easily on your way to 32!

4 matchs = 7 melee kills

Think like I'm trying to kill with melee... the last match I did only 1700 points due this requirement lol

More two match I reach the goal :D

let the bounites come naturally. unless theres a weopon requirement like ARs or something. theyll be done by the time you hang up your hat for the day.

Man, I just realized I could probably run bladedancer and those super kills would count as melee kills. I hate myself now.

They don't. I had the regular melee bounty one time and checked. Meanwhile Titan shoulder charge counts, but Hunter throwing knife doesn't. Doesn't make any damn sense lol.

Only reason the Sunsinger one counts is because you're using your normal melee.

Homeboyd

4 matchs = 7 melee kills

Think like I'm trying to kill with melee... the last match I did only 1700 points due this requirement lol

More two match I reach the goal :D
You would think bungie would've learned how these pvp challenges/bounties negatively affect matches after Reach. Nope.

The assist one in Reach was always great. Everyone putting shots on someone but no one wanting to finish the kill.

-__-

ich00

You guys are the raddest. I ask a question and get a ton of offers to help me out. I hate that I'm going out of town this weekend now! haha. I'm tendo101 - I play 2-3 hours every weeknight if anyone wants to join me.

Just catching up and I sent you a FR on PSN, I'm on most nights as well, and much like everyone else am more than happy to help run you through Crota.

I can help anybody in CE Crota to get better gear too ;)

BTW we can do a weekly "Sub-28 get Gears from Crota" event... needs only 3 lvl 32's (for safe) and we can help a lot of new guys.

I'm down for it anytime.

I think this is a great idea, kinda like Hawks newbie raid, just without much of the participation from the sub-28's. Then they could graduate to Hawks classes to really learn the mechanics.

I feel like 80% of the sniper rifles I get through engrams or drops are arc.
Ever since the DLC hit I got one (ONE!) void LDR, out of a nightfall. Didn't even looked at the perks before joyfully celebrating it.

yes! I got mine in last weeks NF as well. void LDR! everyone else got an awesome exotic, including hawkmoon but I jumoed for joy when I got a viod LDR. I now have a master sniper for all burn types.
LDR void
LDR arc
BH solar

E92 M3

You would think bungie would've learned how these pvp challenges/bounties negatively affect matches after Reach. Nope.

The assist one in Reach was always great. Everyone putting shots on someone but no one wanting to finish the kill.

-__-

Lol, that's hilarious

I have like 100 more ass energies than you. I didn't think that was possible.

haha yeah goes to show how many more weapons I've leveled than armor pieces, assuming a reasonably even split between the energy/shard drop rate. I'm sure you've been stacking the ass up along with the planetary mats on all those Dailies. My weekly intake is basically Gorgons, Atheon, maybe NFall and a few random ones here or there.

Melee bounty archived and got another IB Shotgun in reward :p

Now going to Tower to get my points.

What perks have you gotten on your Felwinters drops?

Iceman829

They don't. I had the regular melee bounty one time and checked. Meanwhile Titan shoulder charge counts, but Hunter throwing knife doesn't. Doesn't make any damn sense lol.

Only reason the Sunsinger one counts is because you're using your normal melee.

But super kills count towards the normal daily bounties... Bungie hates Hunters. Thankfully, I'll be switching over to Titan at some point tonight. Fists of Panic and Tiger Knees will be getting handed out like nobodies business.

the sword kills count as melee kills for bounties. makes a whole lot of sense

lol yeah occassionally I'll spawn an orb or two from slicing thrall during HM Scrota kills, because my CE gauntlets have the "Hive melee kills have a chance to spawn an orb." Pretty silly but kinda nice way to get an orb or two down in the Ogre room at the end of the second sword.

But super kills count towards the normal daily bounties... Bungie hates Hunters. Thankfully, I'll be switching over to Titan at some point tonight. Fists of Panic and Tiger Knees will be getting handed out like nobodies business.

Yeah, I'm doing the same once I hit rank 4 which is why I'd REALLY like to do that tonight or else I probably won't have the time to get the Titan chest I want.

I kill a lot of guys with my bladedance and it never counted in IB Bounty... sorry.

oh, sorry, I actually meant to resond to the person that clarified that already. I knwo it doesnt. just saying how incosistant it is. sword kills count as melee, bladedancer counts as melee (pve bounties only) but not for crucible.

I remember a discussion about PvP matchmaking and if or how works. I know when I run solo or with a group of similar skill level I'll avg around 13-15 kills per match and its not uncommon for me to get 20+. But the second I jump in a team with 2 or 3 of the higher level players I get wrecked.

Played a handful of matches today. Guess when I jumped into a team lol:

1st 23kills 10deaths
2nd 32k - 10d
3rd 23k - 9d
4th 10k - 10d
5th 9k - 8d
6th 11k - 15d

Deku Tree

This is a Retrospective post... earlier in the week just before reset:

RNGesus-Senpai,

Please give me Strange Coins and Ascendant Shards from NF this week. That is all I want. And please give me my 25th Word of Crota from Scrota. And Chatterwhite again from Atheon. Looking forward to the loot reset!

Thanks!
Deku

What did I get instead? A post from last night:

First Crux, Gjallarhorn #3, Fang #3 and #4.
Good RNG night. There is officially no loot left for me to care about from Crota's End.
Thanks Team! Thanks Samarui Drizzay!

I feel like I have nothing left to hunt for in Destiny... Just playing to have fun with friends... looking forward to BB next week.

Iceman829

Sunsinger warlocks blow through those melee bounties, especially with the Claws.

Same with Titans and Stand Asides.

Hunters... you're %^#*ed.

The worst thing about hunter is when you try to stab someone and you fling a throwing knife instead. It leaves you wide open for an attack unlike the a warlock melee or titan punch. The throwing knife needs to be a one shot kill to the head and count towards melee kills.

Sunsinger warlocks blow through those melee bounties, especially with the Claws.

Same with Titans and Stand Asides.

Titans especially on these smaller skirmish maps smh. Finished my melee kil bounty in 2 matches. My Hunter finished in 2 days lol.

What did I get instead? A post from last night:

lol yeah those were some pretty crazy drops, glad those kills could fill in all your remaining check-marks!

Definitely the toughest of the 3 but blink jump + blink strike still works pretty darn well. Especially with the "does extra damage from behind perk" which makes it a OHK and can proc even from ~"above" the enemy. Blink jump over them then use the blink strike homing to smack at the back of their head as you fall, for example. BDancer is go-to subclass, same as Striker and Sunsinger.

Btw- were you guys able to bust out the HM kills? Saw your PSN msg but had already told Deku I'd help his group. Just let me know if you still need any runs.

TheOddOne

I'm off till the next reset.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

It kind of stinks that IB is here during the run-up to that Blood Borne game coming out. The last couple of times I've jumped on to play...everyone was doing the Banner. Then, even if next week isn't a ghost town, I have a bunch of RL stuff going on. Next thing you know, it will be nice outside, and I'll have no excuse to be a couch potato.

Could it be true, I get the Horn and then stop playing? Say it ain't so.

It kind of stinks that IB is here during the run-up to that Blood Borne game coming out. The last couple of times I've jumped on to play...everyone was doing the Banner. Then, even if next week isn't a ghost town, I have a bunch of RL stuff going on. Next thing you know, it will be nice outside, and I'll have no excuse to be a couch potato.

You will take a break. But you will be back. We always come back.

GutZ31

I will be recruiting you back, come House of Wolves, so no sweat.

the horn is cursed.....

it makes you wait, and when you finally get it, you dont want to play anymore.
no wonder bungie wont give it away with xur.

darthbob

Finally get to play Destiny tomorrow after a 2 week break. My only DS4 broke (right trigger fell apart) and had to send it in.

The withdrawal is real.

GhaleonEB

I really want an update that allows us to re-roll legendary weapons. Make them cost coins or Vanguard Commendations, I don't care. Maybe even coins for damage type (when applicable), and commendations for stats/talents.

Or, and this may sound REALLY crazy, they could actually start rotating the weapons that the Vanguard Vendor sells so we can maybe kinda have not have to wait for a void sniper to drop from the hateful RNGejus.

These are both great ideas. Have Xur re-roll legendaries for the cost of a few coins.

I ended up ordering this headset. Seems decent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom