• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed out on all the fun last night Guitar. I hope American Idol was well worth it.

Highlights of the evening:

Random level 29 that took your place kept trying to capture A on Blind Watch
Dark Orchid amassed a space fleet
misterthirsty gave us a solid 4.0 k/d averaging 4 kills a game
We shut down the other gaf squad in our final match for the night. Sorry fellas!
Not Really :p

Thanks to everyone who joined up last night.

lolol. It sucks my girlfriend tends to get home right when the train gets rolling. Really hoping to get on tonight and/or this weekend.

randoms + omni+ arc burn= :(

Maybe I got lucky but I managed to do three of them this morning with randoms without much problem. There was certainly some scrubiness going on but a Thunderlord with a few synths makes the whole thing pretty painless.

Cheesing Omnigul from the closet helped too ;)

randoms + omni+ arc burn= :(

Lol...I did that yesterday. If I'm playing with someone who is playing conservatively, I go all out and play super aggressive. So when there was a Hunter in the party standing above the popper door, I said screw it and jumped up on her bridge with a titan bubble. Once I died up there, he didn't go invisible to pick me up, and she was insta aggroed on us...dead.

Okay, maybe he just forgot. So next time I died up there, the third guy was dead too. He goes invisible to revive the other guy...but I notice that he crouched the whole time. Then he waits about 5 minutes to come get me. Yep, didn't go invisible again.

I finally figured out what the problem was...can you?

Lol...I did that yesterday. If I'm playing with someone who is playing conservatively, I go all out and play super aggressive. So when there was a Hunter in the party standing above the popper door, I said screw it and jumped up on her bridge with a titan bubble. Once I died up there, he didn't go invisible to pick me up, and she was insta aggroed on us...dead.

Okay, maybe he just forgot. So next time I died up there, the third guy was dead too. He goes invisible to revive the other guy...but I notice that he crouched the whole time. Then he waits about 5 minutes to come get me. Yep, didn't go invisible again.

I finally figured out what the problem was...can you?

honestly no....

GhaleonEB

I went 2/2 for finding good randoms to run the weekly with this week. Smart revives, good team work.

Is Hard Light worth leveling? My Warlock just maxed her pulse rifle but could mix it up for a while with a good auto.

He thought that he had to stay crouched to be invisible.

Did you tell them they could stand up? It would be life-altering.

I went 2/2 for finding good randoms to run the weekly with this week. Smart revives, good team work.

Is Hard Light worth leveling? My Warlock just maxed her pulse rifle but could mix it up for a while with a good auto.

Did you tell them they could stand up? It would be life-altering.

There was too much crazy going on in the house for me to enter the fireteam chat. I was trying to stay under the radar and act like I was paying attention to my wife and kids.

I just took my foot off the gas and held back from then on. It worked out and we got through pretty painlessly after that. I do hope someone lets him know.

Homeboyd

No not at all. It's one of the weakest exotics in the game. Don't waste the xp, energy (both mats and irl), glimmer or exotic shard.

Not. Worth. It.

I finally levelled my new Hunter to 20 last night and then, because of my Vault stock, he is instantly level 27. What a relief! Doing Eagle Strike missions with crappy weapons and armour is not fun. A couple of good friends I met on DGAF ( Luft46 and X_LORD_OF_WaRR_X ) let me swop in my new Hunter towards the end of a NF run this morning so my new character would get the weekly experience boost. RNG rewarded my Hunter's first NF with seven Ascendant Energy. Sweet! 😃

Off to run the daily bounties with my Hunter.

If anyone is running a CE Normal this afternoon, send me an invite and I will switch to either my Warlock or Titan. Both are level 31. PSN Zyzomys

Cheers

Defuser

Goddamit Bungie, your stupid matchmaking keeps matching me to the losing teams because asshole players keeps quitting. Fuck those quitters.

rNilla

Eva has the Emerald Rook on sale again today.

6b24289f4febd4eb579fed38500a0461.jpg

EL CUCO

Grabbing Mask of the Turd Man but at this point, I wonder if it's even worth upgrading. With the uncertainty of what Bungie will do with exotics for HOW level cap upgrade, I think I'll just let it chill in my inventory.

I won't be playing much till then, anyways.

Deku Tree

Grabbing Mask of the Turd Man but at this point, I wonder if it's even worth upgrading. With the uncertainty of what Bungie will do with exotics for HOW level cap upgrade, I think I'll just let it chill in my inventory.

Put it on when you turn in bounties at least.

GhaleonEB

No not at all. It's one of the weakest exotics in the game. Don't waste the xp, energy (both mats and irl), glimmer or exotic shard.

Not. Worth. It.
Thanks, I'll save the coins for another week. Nothing on offer I'm interested in.

I won't be playing much till then, anyways.
I wouldn't worry about it.

Shirow

Banned
I was just thinking about MMO's that I've played in the past and remembered about Duels. Like in EQ and Wow where as you could be just around anywhere going about your way and then you suddenly get invited to a Duel!

Man I wasn't much of a duelist on those games but it was fun watching people do it and get in on it from time to time. I know certainly from a game like this it would be kinda very different since it's an fps but that in itself could of brought some fun challenges that would make it interesting. For example you could be dueling someone and them Vex appear, you then would have to think about your opponent, terrain for cover AND added enemies.

What do you guys think?

You missed out on all the fun last night Guitar. I hope American Idol was well worth it.

Highlights of the evening:

Random level 29 that took your place kept trying to capture A on Blind Watch
Dark Orchid amassed a space fleet
misterthirsty gave us a solid 4.0 k/d averaging 4 kills a game
We shut down the other gaf squad in our final match for the night. Sorry fellas!
Not Really :p

Thanks to everyone who joined up last night.

Solid contribution from me last night! I do miss my shoulder charge though, dmh had a the titan fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was just thinking about MMO's that I've played in the past and remembered about Duels. Like in EQ and Wow where as you could be just around anywhere going about your way and then you suddenly get invited to a Duel!

Man I wasn't much of a duelist on those games but it was fun watching people do it and get in on it from time to time. I know certainly from a game like this it would be kinda very different since it's an fps but that in itself could of brought some fun challenges that would make it interesting. For example you could be dueling someone and them Vex appear, you then would have to think about your opponent, terrain for cover AND added enemies.

What do you guys think?
should just work borderlands style!

Sullichin

Hard Light was one of the first exotixs that dropped for me. It's a fun gun to shoot, looks cool and sounds amazing. The ricochet bullets are a nice novelty. But yeah, it's not very good. This gun has the potential to be an arc Needler of Destiny but instead it's slightly better than legendary ARs like For the People.

RetroMG

Starting a group up first for Glimmer farming in VoG, then moving into an Iron Banner train. If you want to join up, my PSN is RetroMG

1. RetroMG
2. RidliMM

joecanada

Well shit, lets make one. I need the trophy as well.

speaking of which has anyone changed clans? I left DGAF Canada once to do raider, so I left, then sent request to my buddy, he accepted my request and sent me an invite, nothing... no notification , then we did the whole thing again, nothing... I now am in no clan and have no idea how to get in one.... this is with us talking live while doing it, not just taking his word for it.
(something is wrong the first time it took like 5 minutes).

Aww snap. Just closed the office for the day because it's so beautiful outside... I'll go frolic in the 80 degree sun later...

but for now, I'm going to watch the NCAA tourney and play some mua'afalin' Destiny.

what are people up to right now (in Destiny)?

What do you guys think?

I've thought that a bounty system would work. You could "opt-in" to either be the hunter, or hunted. Say you go to one of the factions and there is an option to "stay low guardian...you have made waves," and if you pick it up, you are now a target. At the same time, someone else could pick up from the Vanguard the "be on the look out for a rogue guardian, guardian," bounty. They they would would see VIP marker over guardians that had picked up the faction bounty while on patrol. The reward would be greater for those picking up the vendor bounties since they would have the marker, and wouldn't be pulled into the event until after you had been spotted by the Hunter.

Sullichin

What do you guys think?
I know it's even father removed from an MMO than Destiny is, but this is what Dark Souls 1v1 PVP feels like. Except instead of being invited, you might be invaded. I think it's brilliant how the PVE space becomes a PVP arena, and the invader can use the mobs in the level against you and you're both hurt by most environmental hazards.

I don't want to get invaded in a Nightfall and 1 shot with Felwinter's Lie, but I do want Bungie to ape this aspect of DS PVP in some way; faction wars in public spaces or something, or public events that had a PVP component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom