• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather do a normal, team oriented run, no offense. Sitting back while someone else does it doesn't sound really fun. :\

Fresh normal CE run:

1) Ghaleon_EB
2) kreepmode
3) Rehsa
4) Sullichin
5 ?
6 ?

I'm in if you're willing to take a 29 (will probably hit 30 during raid). I recently started this character on PS4 but have maxed out 32s on X1 so have run CE plenty of times to know what I'm doing. PSN: ThingontheFloor

GhaleonEB

I'm in if you're willing to take a 29 (will probably hit 30 during raid). I recently started this character on PS4 but have maxed out 32s on X1 so have run CE plenty of times to know what I'm doing. PSN: ThingontheFloor

Sure, works for me, we have six -

1) Ghaleon_EB
2) kreepmode
3) Rehsa
4) Sullichin
5 Rottshreck
6) ThingontheFloor

We can start up when folks are on. Sorry Lace, we filled up faster than I thought we would.

sikkinixx

So I did the missions for the expansion pack. And now I have a bunch of bounties to do for the creepy chick.

They suck and are annoying as hell. And not fun at all and the reward I get will be instantly scrapped as my stuff I have is already better than the gauntlets I'll get.

Do I need to do them for any reason? Do I need to finish them to do the expansion strike?

shem935

Banned
Right trigger on one of my DS4s is sticking. Gets stuck in the "fire" position. Anyone know how to fix, or have experience getting Sony to cough up a new one? I'm really careful with my stufd. Never have hardware problems.

WD-40 squirted into the back of the trigger while the controller is off works wonders

Kyne

So I did the missions for the expansion pack. And now I have a bunch of bounties to do for the creepy chick.

They suck and are annoying as hell. And not fun at all and the reward I get will be instantly scrapped as my stuff I have is already better than the gauntlets I'll get.

Do I need to do them for any reason? Do I need to finish them to do the expansion strike?

no.

Feels like I've been away for days. Got a great nights sleep, woke up to find internet outage, no Destiny for the weekend.

Narmer got banned? Did he get a horn and post something nsfw?

. Maybe its just me and weirdos aka drizzay, but I just hate giving up to the glitches..

Lol Rawr is like a version of me but with better impulse control to avoid expletive outbursts. It makes me f'ing furious to leave that lousy mug alive, I'll keep running it with a group as long as there are people who want to keep going. Don't care how many laggy-glitchy-scrubby wipes there are, haha.

Lol Rawr is like a version of me but with better impulse control to avoid expletive outbursts. It makes me f'ing furious to leave that lousy mug alive, I'll keep running it with a group as long as there are people who want to keep going. Don't care how many laggy-glitchy-scrubby wipes there are, haha.

I've never had a laggy raid with you, but I watched you stream HM Crota on release day for a bit and learned some new French. :D

haha I just tend to keep it on the inside. Yep pretty sure we both will keep running it if the group wants to continue. Think we found out when hard mode was release :p

Haha too funny. Glad we can laugh about it now.

HM CE release might have been a video game rage-out personal record for me. That was a bad day.

Same its the only time I personal rage out along with mortal kombat 9.

Lace

Me and a friend are down to do crota normal. Level 29 characters trying to get raid armor for the alts.

Psn: reaperchad

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think I just came up with a strat to solo Crota with a Titan on hard. :)

Probably way too tense and doing this and that for my liking though.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/7944038/mythocast-episode-5-space-dragons

Still no House of Wolves info, but we're back anyways. This is a more laid back episode since there isn't much new to talk about. I hope you like space dragons and Fig pining for new cloaks.

Should be up on iTunes as well.

Good discussion. Thanks for doing this again. It's fun to hear people's opinions on all the various issues going on. I haven't heard many of the podcasts recently, but the sound was better than before.

On the topic of PS4 SSD's etc. I'm not sure the benefit is there to really justify getting one. On a PC sure, but the PS4 is using a lower bandwidth connection for some reason. There is some benefit, but it is not as effective as a PC. However, if you still want to get the performance bonus, the Hybrid SSD/HDD work as well as a pure SSD in most scenarios. Get a Terabyte Hybrid drive for less than what you would pay for a 500GB SSD for about the same price and still get about as good of a performance increase.

One final note, would have been better if Nami wasn't distracted so much soling CE. Barely spoke at all. :p

I think I just came up with a strat to solo Crota with a Titan on hard. :)

Probably way too tense and doing this and that for my liking though.

Its basically same as Warlock strat. Wear Armamentarium, two magnetic grenades + two Horns = shield break. It's been done before. I messed around a little before worlds first got it, it's kinda fun but mostly really boring. Activating the crystal, clearing the adds, zzzz....

The real problem with HM Scrota solo stuff is that everyone just does heavy ammo glitch and spams Horn at everything. Still hard, but not interesting.

Edit: you want horns and grenades that apply DoT so that so can start your sword approach before the actual shield break. The biggest advantage of Horn for Crota isn't total damage: it's sustained damage because the WP rounds keep generating hit markers way longer than any other RL.

Only Horn downside is sometimes WP rounds don't proc for no good reason. Imagine that, a glitched exotic.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yes. That's why I don't think these solos are that legit because you are exploiting a bug. In my solo video I was relying on actual drops.

Rehsa

Sure, works for me, we have six -

1) Ghaleon_EB
2) kreepmode
3) Rehsa
4) Sullichin
5 Rottshreck
6) ThingontheFloor

We can start up when folks are on. Sorry Lace, we filled up faster than I thought we would.

Thanks for the run guys, my unluckiest character continues his shitty streak. No chest or boots and still no Hunger. Night everyone

Edit: The NLB was mine LOL ;_;

Thanks for the run guys, my unluckiest character continues his shitty streak. No chest or boots and still no Hunger. Night everyone

Edit: The NLB was mine LOL ;_;

No chest or boots? Get on an IB train, this is your lucky week. You can get everything you need until Crota decides to drop what you need. I'm done with Crota, I bought my boots from Saladin and Xur today. Crota can get bent.

Rehsa

No chest or boots? Get on an IB train, this is your lucky week. You can get everything you need until Crota decides to drop what you need. I'm done with Crota, I bought my boots from Saladin and Xur today. Crota can get bent.

I actually have the IB set lol, got in Tuesday to buy the chest after getting the other two pieces last time. Just crazy that both my other characters had armor rain but this guy cant catch a break. I agree with the get bent part, still chasing a Hunger however :/

I actually have the IB set lol, got in Tuesday to buy the chest after getting the other two pieces last time. Just crazy that both my other characters had armor rain but this guy cant catch a break. I agree with the get bent part, still chasing a Hunger however :/

Gotcha. Yeah, I still want the Raid boot for the Heavy Ammo capacity increase. Iron Regalia Greaves are perfectly servicable, but those 2 extra Horn rounds make a difference. I'm fortunate to have a couple Hungers, and they are good enough to not have to swap Horn regularly, but Black Hammer is what eludes me. I will begrudgingly run Normal Crota until that drops. Then my Ideal load out of Gheleon's Demise/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn will be complete.

Gotcha. Yeah, I still want the Raid boot for the Heavy Ammo capacity increase. Iron Regalia Greaves are perfectly servicable, but those 2 extra Horn rounds make a difference. I'm fortunate to have a couple Hungers, and they are good enough to not have to swap Horn regularly, but Black Hammer is what eludes me. I will begrudgingly run Normal Crota until that drops. Then my Ideal load out of Gheleon's Demise/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn will be complete.

I pretty much use all IB weapons along with Fatebringer and gjallarhorn on my hunter.

I pretty much use all IB weapons along with Fatebringer and gjallarhorn on my hunter.

Saw your Gauntlets last time I got Gorgons from you. They look fantastic. This is the first IB I have seriously participated in. Isn't as bad as I thought to rank up, will probably do it again for other characters now. Tempering for these last couple days will be ridiculous.

Want to get Efrideets Spear now.

IRawr, join me and help me get this kill for these guys.
Sure getting on now.

Saw your Gauntlets last time I got Gorgons from you. They look fantastic. This is the first IB I have seriously participated in. Isn't as bad as I thought to rank up, will probably do it again for other characters now. Tempering for these last couple days will be ridiculous.

Want to get Efrideets Spear now.

Its alot easier to rank up later due to the buff. You really dont have to grind that bad :p I might try to hit rank 4 to finish the lvl32 IB set and kinda want a newer version of the hammer as well.

Feels like I've been away for days. Got a great nights sleep, woke up to find internet outage, no Destiny for the weekend.

Narmer got banned? Did he get a horn and post something nsfw?

You're gonna be out of commission all weekend? Damn, that sucks, thought we might be able to get you that 100 Crucible mark trophy on some IB trains.... afaik you still need it?

Not sure why Narmer wants the Horn anymore, he's already won the game.

CAmQmpMUIAA__xM.jpg:large

He got banned for making dietary suggestions to rodiard.
post 5100

You're gonna be out of commission all weekend? Damn, that sucks, thought we might be able to get you that 100 Crucible mark trophy on some IB trains.... afaik you still need it?

post 5100

Looks like they kissed and made up. RNG treating them as equals.

BTW, that looks like a record amount of time with no posts on this thread. An hour and 20 minutes? Game is dead.

Thanks IRawr. None of those guys had horns so things weren't so in sync.
Anytime. haha I kept waiting for you to call out rockets but forgot that you dont use a mic :p no biggie at all and we got it done.

post 5100
Hmmm I just notice LollipoPReapeR is also ban?

BTW, that looks like a record amount of time with no posts on this thread. An hour and 20 minutes? Game is dead.
The dream is dead, delete all your characters D:

haha that pic is a little older so maybe they still hate each other :p

Damn, didn't even notice how long the post gap was. Around 3 to 5 am EST is always the deadest thread. Even PST Americans have gone to bed and the Brits aren't awake yet....

post 5100

Today for sure, let's hope internet is back by tomorrow. Still need/want the crucible marks trophy thingy.

I'll try my 4G connection and see how well that works, hopefully can sustain gameplay + party chat for a few hours.

Ah yea I saw that post earlier, stupid but it wasn't meant to be offensive imo. Well at least he has 2 weeks to enjoy that crux :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom