• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

Does anyone have any good places for farming Black Wax Idols that aren't the three hive majors down the steps from the spawn point on Earth?

It's OK there but I can only get a few minutes in before someone else wanders in and fucks up the timing.

My favorite LMG for PVE and PVP.

cquidVW.png

Ah, no wonder you don't have stability issues like I did. That has way more than the base 8. Didn't know they could roll like that. Looks beastly.

phen0m24

Gaf, man, I suck at this game. I think I've hit the point where limited natural talent has be replaced by knowledge and experience.

If you mean in PvP, then welcome to the sub-1 k/D club. If you mean in general, just play. Play with good people (you're already in the right place) and you'll get better.

:)

cquidVW.png

Dang skippy! Crowd control NICE. Yours has a nice consistency to it - mine leans toward impact. which isn't bad but yowza I know who to avoid if I get into XBone land.. :p

Kal_El

Has anyone else noticed how fantastic the Bad Juju is in IB? The stabilty and full auto makes it better than Red Death to me. The instant reload is also a lifesaver. Give it a chance. It's amazing.

Got a Prudence II with Surplus, Field Scout/Perfect Balance and Outlaw. Really enjoying it in PVP. Wasn't much for sniping in Crucible but the Prudence is ideal.

E92 M3

Ah, no wonder you don't have stability issues like I did. That has way more than the base 8. Didn't know they could roll like that. Looks beastly.

I thought were are all generally the same, plus or minus barrels? Even with that, there couldn't be such a huge differential. I don't know how much Aggressive Ballistics affects stability, though. You may have that on. Wish you could post the pick - curious to see.

Dang skippy! Crowd control NICE. Yours has a nice consistency to it - mine leans toward impact. which isn't bad but yowza I know who to avoid if I get into XBone land.. :p

Lol I seldom play PVP! I use this bad boy for Void Burn and it's glorious.

Generally weak man in my Party. I am not playing as smart as I should in Nightfalls nor the Crucible.

Well that's just your lack of concentration, not necessarily skill.

It's ok, needs Unflinching and Shortgaze at a minimum to get TG riled up.

Is there a guide to the scopes in Destiny? I noticed a huge difference when switching my Black Hammer to the Ambush scope last night. The Swordbearer was moving faster than I could move my aim with the Hawkeye scope. Now I feel pro landing 6 crits in a row.

So how does Shortgaze compare to Ambush?

ocean

Banned
Is there a guide to the scopes in Destiny? I noticed a huge difference when switching my Black Hammer to the Ambush scope last night. The Swordbearer was moving faster than I could move my aim with the Hawkeye scope. Now I feel pro landing 6 crits in a row.

So how does Shortgaze compare to Ambush?
i3WYgBt.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LAqd83koNeU

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eforging_efrideets_spear_know_you_optics_and/

These are great resources on the subject.

Check the Reddit post i edited in. Ambush and short gaze have the same zoom level but different handling numbers.

That reddit post nicely complements the picture..thanks!

Looks like Ambush is better in every way except for range. I wonder how far out the base drop off is for snipers... Does range even matter on a sniper if you are anywhere beside a patrol area?

noomi

GAF!

I got it haha, woo! Store came through! The new addiction begins!
See some of you there! Bloodborne!!!

cquidVW.png
This is my PVP destroyer:

Y3vk78v.jpg

For those who can't see it, it's too perks are:

- Rangefinder: (aiming this weapon increases its effective range)
- Crowd Control: (kills with this weapon grant bonus damage for a short time)

I can literally take out snipers with this machine gun. I love it so much.

ocean

Banned
That reddit post nicely complements the picture..thanks!

Looks like Ambush is better in every way except for range. I wonder how far out the base drop off is for snipers... Does range even matter on a sniper if you are anywhere beside a patrol area?
I've never seen damage drop off on a sniper. I don't know what the range stat on snipers does to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom