• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenozephyr

Neo Member
Would anyone be interested in doing a Fresh HM CE run? Not sure how many people are up currently, but so far:

1. Xenozephyre
2. Masaomina

4 spots open, if anyone is interested/online.

Today for sure, let's hope internet is back by tomorrow. Still need/want the crucible marks trophy thingy.

I'll try my 4G connection and see how well that works, hopefully can sustain gameplay + party chat for a few hours.

Ah yea I saw that post earlier, stupid but it wasn't meant to be offensive imo. Well at least he has 2 weeks to enjoy that crux :/

I've beaten Crota on a wobbly 3g connection(didn't tell anyone till I beat him) . You'll be fine :p

But you're the original gangster at killing Scrota D:

Sure I can join for a few matches.

I have waited so long to do this

743574564_875790.gif

I've beaten Crota on a wobbly 3g connection(didn't tell anyone till I beat him) . You'll be fine :p

Heh, I've done VoG and CE on mobile internet too, but lag in PvP may be worse, especially in IB.

I'll give it a shot. Won't need any excuse for my scrubbiness, will just blame the internet :p

Haven't played pvp in over 4 months.

Defuser

After much annoyance from IB quitters who are scum and constant idiots who doesn't even capture the important points in maps I finally hit Rank 4. Now I can buy that sweet jolder's hammer and I got lucky with a Felwinter's Lie drop in IB. Now I can put this stupid IB grinding away.

DocSeuss

So um.

The SWARM just dropped for me.

Y'know, the Vanguard heavy machine gun that's no longer available in the game? That's what dropped. Cryptarch package. No special circumstances, as far as I know (I'd gotten a Prestige 4 earlier).

It's still at the old DMG cap of 300. Really good roll.

But this should not happen anymore, yeah?

So um.

Y'know, the Vanguard heavy machine gun that's no longer available in the game? That's what dropped. Cryptarch package. No special circumstances, as far as I know (I'd gotten a Prestige 4 earlier).

I've had something similar happen occasionally, with old Vanguard gear (both weapons and armor) dropping when decrypting an engram. No idea why it does it, but I guess shards are shards.

I somehow managed to get three Swarms before I stopped playing in November, with Solar, Arc and Void.

ocean

Banned
So um.

Even at 300, The Swarm is one if the better machine guns. Excellent impact/RoF/stability distribution, specially with Field Scout.

Anyone for a new IB train ? Current one is full for now.

trainwreck_zpssapvo0zm.gif

I hopped off now, not sure if others kept going. If I play IB again I need to make sure and find people who want to be more talkative, give/respond to call outs, etc. I really hate to be grumpy during matches but it's also tough when there's so little teamwork or communication since that's the only reason I've ever enjoyed playing.

I can only say "fall back on C" during so many Shores or BWatch matches, followed by me repeatedly dying by myself as the only one there, before it starts to really bum me out. Not because we lose, but because it feels weirdly lonely to be in a party chat talking to yourself. It seems like the game's appeal for me is fundamentally different from how a lot of people approach it, I really can't put my finger on it.

Of course it's also only natural for interest and activity to wane during the current content lull. But it was never about loot drops, "collecting them all," grinding IB just for gear, or even caring about where you rank on the leader board at the end of a match. It was only ever about having fun and feeling engaged with a community of people from literally all around the world. Playing a game and laughing with friends on the internet in the same way I played games and laughed with friends on a couch as a kid. Bah, no idea where I'm going with this so I'll just add I <3 DGAF, and then stop typing.... here.

It's my mission to help everyone get what they need now. iRawrs thunderlords!

Don't worry noomi, I got him covered:

CAmPtidUgAAm03W.jpg:large

Rawr reached Pok-exotic status awhile back. Me and Bitsurugi are missing TLord, a few other regulars afaik.

edit: seriously though there's an ahamkara in the air on venus?

Two types of bird/dragon like things. In the Eye of the Gatelord boss area:

KdJk4Q.gif

also... butterflies in the Atheon right side/future portal. No I won't call it the "Venus" portal...

CAmMluwUUAAM4JG.jpg:large

noomi

Don't worry noomi, I got him covered:

CAmPtidUgAAm03W.jpg:large

Rawr reached Pok-exotic status awhile back. Me and Bitsurugi are missing TLord, a few other regulars afaik.

Oh snap! Was this recent, I thought he was still looking for it lol. Also... I wonder what other evidence pictures you are keeping of us :eek:

phen0m24

DD you must have a huge HDD in your console. You never cease to amaze with what you can produce out of seemingly nowhere!

We took a new guy through CE last night and had a great time. Stayed up too late.

Did you play Tennis in the Face? I found myself chuckling at it a few times. It's like $.90 in the store right now.

I hopped off now, not sure if others kept going. If I play IB again I need to make sure and find people who want to be more talkative, give/respond to call outs, etc. I really hate to be grumpy during matches but it's also tough when there's so little teamwork or communication since that's the only reason I've ever enjoyed playing.

I can only say "fall back on C" during so many Shores or BWatch matches, followed by me repeatedly dying by myself as the only one there, before it starts to really bum me out. Not because we lose, but because it feels weirdly lonely to be in a party chat talking to yourself. It seems like the game's appeal for me is fundamentally different from how a lot of people approach it, I really can't put my finger on it.

Of course it's also only natural for interest and activity to wane during the current content lull. But it was never about loot drops, "collecting them all," grinding IB just for gear, or even caring about where you rank on the leader board at the end of a match. It was only ever about having fun and feeling engaged with a community of people from literally all around the world. Playing a game and laughing with friends on the internet in the same way I played games and laughed with friends on a couch as a kid. Bah, no idea where I'm going with this so I'll just add I <3 DGAF, and then stop typing.... here.

Seems odd that no one would really talk or communicate. I've never seen that with a party before, although I don't do a lot of them with randoms. Maybe people were just shy, but there is usually a lot of banter and trash talk with some strategy in the mix. I don't think it has anything to do with the way you approaching the game differently, you just had bad RNG with a group of folks that don't talk.

noomi

Good morning/afternoon/evening/you get the point, DGAF!

Anyone knows what the Daily is today?

Morning! Ugh.... it's that one on the moon, where you.... 'o right. Chamber mission, chamber of night!

Over 700 hours and I don't know these things still.

Heh, I've done VoG and CE on mobile internet too, but lag in PvP may be worse, especially in IB.

I'll give it a shot. Won't need any excuse for my scrubbiness, will just blame the internet :p

Haven't played pvp in over 4 months.

MS and I tried pvp after a long time. Got rekt :-\
The only time we won is when a random carried us

SkylineRKR

So yeah, I boot up destiny for some IB. I think 'lets roll Radegast a bit first'. One roll, Horseshoes, third eye, field scout and Arc.

The build I was looking for over a month ago, wasted 30 motes on shit.

You're gonna be out of commission all weekend? Damn, that sucks, thought we might be able to get you that 100 Crucible mark trophy on some IB trains.... afaik you still need it?

Not sure why Narmer wants the Horn anymore, he's already won the game.

CAmQmpMUIAA__xM.jpg:large

He got banned for making dietary suggestions to rodiard.
post 5100

Man, he got banned for that. I genuinely laughed out loud. Something about that phrase, and that it was spoilered had me rolling. I guess just because we know it's a joke, and just trash talk, that doesn't excuse it. I hope someone records it if he gets his Horn while he's on this break.

One thing the game could have used to be a little more interesting is more fauna. Imagine roaming herds of some creature that is neutral, but could be set off and aggro. Public events could even include battles with giant creatures. Would add some variety to a stale "open world".

They can just add public events in the new DLC that include fauna:

1. Defeat sand worm on Mars.
2. Bring down dragon/bird thingy on Venus.
3. A Hive Knight's undead horse is loose on the Moon, bring it down Guardian.
4. Fallen are trying to capture a unicorn on Earth, get to it before they do.

Sold. Those are just cool.

I do wish that PE's weren't dependant on set pieces and could happen anywhere.

I know it's crazy, and just not this game...but I'm a bit spoiled on procedurally generated geometry. I would love to explore a minecraft like ravine outside the walls of the cosmodrome with my guardian.

Shirow

Banned
UBTbygT.jpg

Got this weapon about a week ago and upon trying it out last night I was loving it.

I've never worked on getting stuff from the factions but this is nice. I don't know what's good out there when it comes to these weapons thou. RNG Drop

Defeat a sand worm?

More like ride it. Shai Hulud bitches.

amar212

Jolder's Hammer is the best non-exotic MG, period.

What a beast.

I never owned one, I bought one yesterday and I am into grinding Mars to buy two more and to roll them into different perks for other chars.

I am scrapping all my other non-exotic MG beauties, because no other can hold a candle to Hammer.

Corrective Measures will only survive aforementioned wipe and one Song of Yr Jut. All other MG's are history from yesterday.

phen0m24

Jolder's Hammer is the best non-exotic MG, period.

What a beast.

I never owned one, I bought one yesterday and I am into grinding Mars to buy two more and to roll them into different perks for other chars.

I am scrapping all my other non-exotic MG beauties, because no other can hold a candle to Hammer.

Corrective Measures will only survive aforementioned wipe and one Song of Yr Jut. All other MG's are history from yesterday.

You would have to PRY this one from my cold, dead hands.

RvUHmjn.gif

Ambitious

Is there a way to leave group conversations on bungie.net without leaving the group? I'm annoyed by the permanent unread messages badge on the icon of the companion app.

1. rasengan1337
2. reaperchad
3. reaper's friend
4. zac
5. xion
6. hawkian

Hawk, are you around to run the sword?
edit: looks like Hawkian signed out. anybody able to run sword?
thanks for joining guys! sorry about the NLB drops.
oh, and thanks for signing back in for us, Hawkian!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom