• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

QP3

Is it possible to redo one of the weeklies?

I got the bad juju bounty, so I need to do a weekly event (I've already done both this week.) but I seem to be locked out of them...???

ocean

Banned
Is it possible to redo one of the weeklies?

I got the bad juju bounty, so I need to do a weekly event (I've already done both this week.) but I seem to be locked out of them...???
This week's Heroic / Nightfall is a DLC Strike. Before you can access that strike you need to complete a series of bounties for Eris (weird girl at the Tower). Just do a couple of story missions for her and you'll unlock access to The Will of Crota (aka 7 Minutes in Heaven featuring Omnigul).

Lol, doing HM Crota, the glass breaks, I pop my bubble and suddenly two Knights rush in to swipe me out of existence. :lol They just didn't give a fuck.

EDIT: And weasel error, greaaaaat.

QP3

This week's Heroic / Nightfall is a DLC Strike. Before you can access that strike you need to complete a series of bounties for Eris (weird girl at the Tower). Just do a couple of story missions for her and you'll unlock access to The Will of Crota (aka 7 Minutes in Heaven featuring Omnigul).
Hmm, thought I finished those. Thanks!

GhaleonEB

Um. I just lost all my glimmer. Last night I had over 10,000. I just ran the daily and did a Roc strike, killed several ultras, turned in things to get 400 glimmer at the cryptarch, then went to upgrade a weapon and I have...50, total, without having purchased anything or upgrading any weapons. It's just gone.

Um. I just lost all my glimmer. Last night I had over 10,000. I just ran the daily and did a Roc strike, killed several ultras, turned in things to get 400 glimmer at the cryptarch, then went to upgrade a weapon and I have...50, total, without having purchased anything or upgrading any weapons. It's just gone.

That is strange. Best thing to do and I know this wont really help is report it as an issue. At least then they can track down what happened and try to prevent things like this from reoccurring.

Good lord! That's one hell of a glitch!

Deku Tree

You sure your kid didn't load up one of your characters and buy stuff? I've never heard of that bug before... Sorry about it.

Maybe it's just a momentary glitch?

GhaleonEB

You sure your kid didn't load up one of your characters and buy stuff? I've never heard of that bug before... Sorry about it.
I played until nearly 1:00 am last night, and was up before she was this morning to run the daily.

When I went back to the tower, my order was the following:

1) Collect daily gold public event reward (250 glimmer, 1 coin)
2) Return stuff at cryptarch - collected 400 glimmer
3) Returned Vanguard and Eris bounties
4) Purchased Exotic Shard from Xur for the final upgrade on Universal Remote

Running the daily I killed 6 ultras, so that should be another 150. Now I have 50 glimmer with no purchases made. It was five digits last night. The last major purchase I made took me from ~20,000 to 15,000, a week ago.

I don't actually buy much, I'm just annoyed that I don't have 250 to upgrade my shotgun. :\

My regular group got its first HM Crota kill last night, with me running the sword. I know it's not a big deal and people have been doing it for months but it feels like such an accomplishment. We got it done in about 5 hours from none of us ever having tried HM before to that first kill. The tension was insane for that last sword!

Everything people say about HM is right in that it's not actually difficult, you're just fighting the swordbearer AI and Crota bugs the whole time. Other than counting out your hits, running the sword is really no different at all from normal to hard.

If anyone else is struggling like we were for a few hours, the key for us was Blessing of Light bubbles. That temp shield saves so much damage its not funny.

Mask of Third Man is on sale!?

*dies*

Loving that I can finally play this game at 1080p, and also picked up a Sony Gold headset with the Destiny sound profile uploaded. I've been missing out.

Deku Tree

I played until nearly 1:00 am last night, and was up before she was this morning to run the daily.

When I went back to the tower, my order was the following:

1) Collect daily gold public event reward (250 glimmer, 1 coin)
2) Return stuff at cryptarch - collected 400 glimmer
3) Returned Vanguard and Eris bounties
4) Purchased Exotic Shard from Xur for the final upgrade on Universal Remote

Running the daily I killed 6 ultras, so that should be another 150. Now I have 50 glimmer with no purchases made. It was five digits last night. The last major purchase I made took me from ~20,000 to 15,000, a week ago.

I don't actually buy much, I'm just annoyed that I don't have 250 to upgrade my shotgun. :
Did you accidentally reXurbish an exotic? That would lose you about 8K glimmer. Otherwise I have no idea.

GutZ31

My regular group got its first HM Crota kill last night, with me running the sword. I know it's not a big deal and people have been doing it for months but it feels like such an accomplishment. We got it done in about 5 hours from none of us ever having tried HM before to that first kill. The tension was insane for that last sword!

Everything people say about HM is right in that it's not actually difficult, you're just fighting the swordbearer AI and Crota bugs the whole time. Other than counting out your hits, running the sword is really no different at all from normal to hard.

If anyone else is struggling like we were for a few hours, the key for us was Blessing of Light bubbles. That temp shield saves so much damage its not funny.

The only other major difference from NM to HM is that the sword bearer needs to be aggressive, but not TOO aggressive.
You need to get his health down to the R in "Crota, Son of Oryx" before making your last sword carry to finish him off.

When I'm not totally failing my team, I use 4xR2, Drop sword, Blink Strike, Pick up sword, 4xR2, get the hell out to oger room to go invisible.

Second sword, us 3xR2 instead of 4 for both combos, then everyone to right oger room to destroy shrek. Immediately rocket/snipe fiona on the left.

if possible, have bubble for people to use to run through to get past thrall and boomer pop shots back up top in crystal room. shoot at crota thru the glass to coux swordbearer into position under the crystal room.

Let Crota move from center to right, then back again to start the last assault.
Then have everyone fire double rockets to be extra safe, because thrall will spawn and likely kill one of the rocketeers, even if in a relatively safe spot.
Sword bearer needs to lead for best results by being vocal, asking about rocket ammo, and marking when to fire.

If you want to be super pro, learn the R1-R1-R2 attack pattern with the sword, but I will warn you, it can make you an over achiever in hard mode, making you likely to hit enrage by accident.

RetroMG

Oh man. I sat down fully dedicated to do homework today, then found a site on Reddit that says I need only three wins to hit Iron Banner Rank 3. I don't have time for a full train, but I think I might be doing the odd match during study breaks. Hopefully I won't get demolished by a GAF train.

Can someone explain to me the bizarre groupthink that hard mode CE is not more difficult than normal CE when that is objectively false? If you have to qualify that much to equate two things, they are not equal.

cilonen

Can someone explain to me the bizarre groupthink that hard mode CE is not more difficult than normal CE when that is objectively false? If you have to qualify that much to equate two things, they are not equal.

The optimum strategy for running both normal and hard is identical.

Once you get used to the strategy, hm Crota is a straightforward encounter. The major difference is that one mistake means a wipe is likely. Everything has to be near perfect in hard mode.

E92 M3

Congrats - first kill is a great feeling. What you get?

normal crota is a joke
normal vault is simple once everyone knows what to do
hard crota isn't too bad, but there's no margin for error
hard vault is challenging, but there's some margin for error

if hard crota didn't put us at a level disadvantage, it'd be just as easy as normal mode (ignoring the glitches).

the main difference with crota and vault is that the vault is less linear, so you don't need to play it one way.

also, templar hard is still the most difficult fight in the game, with hard oracles second. i've only done oracles legit once; everyone's too scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom