• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Yes, Hard light is mine...Now to grind out its perks
nt5j5sS.png

The only other major difference from NM to HM is that the sword bearer needs to be aggressive, but not TOO aggressive.
You need to get his health down to the R in "Crota, Son of Oryx" before making your last sword carry to finish him off.

When I'm not totally failing my team, I use 4xR2, Drop sword, Blink Strike, Pick up sword, 4xR2, get the hell out to oger room to go invisible.

Second sword, us 3xR2 instead of 4 for both combos, then everyone to right oger room to destroy shrek. Immediately rocket/snipe fiona on the left.

if possible, have bubble for people to use to run through to get past thrall and boomer pop shots back up top in crystal room. shoot at crota thru the glass to coux swordbearer into position under the crystal room.

Let Crota move from center to right, then back again to start the last assault.
Then have everyone fire double rockets to be extra safe, because thrall will spawn and likely kill one of the rocketeers, even if in a relatively safe spot.
Sword bearer needs to lead for best results by being vocal, asking about rocket ammo, and marking when to fire.

We basically did exactly this, though I went 4xR2/3xR2 for the first sword. We had an attempt right before the kill where I went 4x/4x then 3x/3x but hit enrage at that point. Obviously I either miscounted somewhere or hit with an errant swing at some point but I decided to play it safe and give myself some leeway after that.

E92 M3 said:
Congrats - first kill is a great feeling. What you get?

Shader, ship, sparrow and WoC! Nice haul.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My thing with people hating on Destiny saying it's a waste of time, grinding, etc, etc. What do you think playing video games as a whole is? LOL. Doesn't matter the genre, game, etc. Bottom line is every game is a waste of time. But it's a hobby and hobbies are for your entertainment.

Ambitious

My thing with people hating on Destiny saying it's a waste of time, grinding, etc, etc. What do you think playing video games as a whole is? LOL. Doesn't matter the genre, game, etc. Bottom line is every game is a waste of time. But it's a hobby and hobbies are for your entertainment.

How is something that entertains you a waste of time?

you guys be careful about thread sniping or yall gonna get shotgunned in the back

some people dont think griding 40 strikes for hawkmoon is entertaining, which is fine. the only time it becomes a waste is when its no longer fun

Ambitious

Looking for 1 more for the NF, probably will knock out some weeklies as well.

Join in on me or add Tearsofblood on PSN

Perfect, I haven't done the NF with my Titan yet. Give me a few minutes to boot up the game and get my weapons.
I'm ps_flocki on PSN. Pretty sure you're in my friend list.

edit: Oh, you're full.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How is something that entertains you a waste of time?

Because it's not productive. And what you find entertaining for yourself isn't necessarily the same for everyone and by that it's a time waster ultimately. I find enjoyment in Destiny but it's a time waster for me.

I see Bit is playing Bloodbourne.

If you live in NY there are mom and pop stores that usually sells games a week or days early. Most of my NY friends always gets games early and rubs it in.

Frenden

Banned
I have the glimmer and the rank, but I'm not sure if I should buy the IB AR. I've never liked a low impact, high RoF AR even before the patch.

Is there something about the two balance options and glass half full combo that makes this thing greater than the sum of its parts?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
briiightcoooove tseldoraaa
I have the glimmer and the rank, but I'm not sure if I should buy the IB AR. I've never liked a low impact, high RoF AR even before the patch.

Is there something about the two balance options and glass half full combo that makes this thing greater than the sum of its parts?
nope. it just is and has always been bad.

Ambitious

Because it's not productive. And what you find entertaining for yourself isn't necessarily the same for everyone and by that it's a time waster ultimately. I find enjoyment in Destiny but it's a time waster for me.

I see Bit is playing Bloodbourne.

If you live in NY there are mom and pop stores that usually sells games a week or days early. Most of my NY friends always gets games early and rubs it in.

By that definition, a lot of things are a waste of time. Spending time with friends, for instance.
I'd say it's a purely subjective thing. Nothing is a waste of time, but it may be perceived as such by someone.

ocean

Banned
Can someone explain to me the bizarre groupthink that hard mode CE is not more difficult than normal CE when that is objectively false? If you have to qualify that much to equate two things, they are not equal.
I think this refers to CE design not really being difficult. Heroic VoG is still challenging because the difficulty there doesn't lie in a level disadvantage (we're all above 30) but in interesting mechanics. Templar, Gatekeepers, Atheon - these are varied and fun encounters. Breaking the level gap doesn't render them easy.

Heroic Crota's End is only "hard" because it's buggy as shit and all the enemies are higher level than you are. The only real difference between Normal and Heroic is that a few red bars turn into yellow bars. Once we hit level 33+ there will be zero difference between Normal and Heroic Crota's End and they'll both be trivial.

Heroic VoG, I suspect, will remain challenging even when we're level 33-34. many groups still cheese (Ice Break from top) Oracles/Templar at level 32 and with 331 weapons. That's good design and tells you it's honestly challenging for most people (not all of us obviously). Crota's End is just trivially easy if you aren't at level disadvantage.

I hope HoW brings a VoG-tier Raid.

Won a Felwinter's Lie with Return to Sender, Hammer Forged and Shot package. Missed it last IB. Came with a great roll already, no need to waste motes trying to get the latter two perks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
By that definition, a lot of things are a waste of time. Spending time with friends, for instance.
Yes, precisely. Unless you're working on a logistical project, earning money, helping others, improving conditions, etc. you are in fact "wasting time." You can use another phrase if you prefer, but what Kadey is talking about is right on the money.

This is essentially the concept of leisure in a nutshell. You elect to do something completely unproductive, purely for enjoyment. It's the best.

That's why, in general, criticizing a game that someone enjoys as a "time waster" is meaningless. Nonsense from a pragmatic perspective. And so the two of you are kind of making the same point.

If what someone means to say when they describe something as wasting time is that they didn't enjoy their time with it personally, they should stick to framing the criticism in that way and explaining why. People spend more hours than I have gaming on putting little wooden ships into glass bottles, but while I could explain why such an endeavor isn't enjoyable for me, I have no basis upon which to claim it's more or less of a waste of time than even my all-time favorite game.

that current Destiny thread is a horrible read.

i'm finding the difference between people who still play destiny and those who have moved on is that the former are more concerned with what bungie can do from now on, whereas the latter are still caught up with what bungie should have done.

in other words, it's pointless to hold those discussions because the two groups are literally arguing in different tenses, and therefore holding bungie to different expectations.

Ambitious

Yes, precisely. Unless you're working on a logistical project, earning money, helping others, improving conditions, etc. you are in fact "wasting time." You can use another phrase if you prefer, but what Kadey is talking about is right on the money.

This is essentially the concept of leisure in a nutshell. You elect to do something completely unproductive, purely for enjoyment. It's the best.

That's why, in general, criticizing a game that someone enjoys as a "time waster" is meaningless. Nonsense from a pragmatic perspective. And so the two of you are kind of making the same point.

If what someone means to say when they describe something as wasting time is that they didn't enjoy their time with it personally, they should stick to framing the criticism in that way and explaining why. People spend more hours than I have gaming on putting little wooden ships into glass bottles, but while I could explain why such an endeavor isn't enjoyable for me, I have no basis upon which to claim it's more or less of a waste of time than even my all-time favorite game.

My happiness and well-being, both increased by doing things I enjoy, directly affect my work performance. I wouldn't call that unproductive or wasting time.

bosseye

Hi DGAF. I really want to run HM Crota, tried a number of times but never succeeded in downing him. Also never got any weapons from a HM run, just shards and dupe armour so I'm chasing loot.

Confession time though I've never run the abyss on hard, I always die after about 30 seconds and rely on the others to carry me through....and I'm pretty terrible at the deathsinger.

Anyone wants to join me though for fun n frolics and to make my dream a reality I'll be in orbit in a few minutes.

PSN BarryFishFinger. lvl 32 Warlock

Hi DGAF. I really want to run HM Crota, tried a number of times but never succeeded in downing him. Also never got any weapons from a HM run, just shards and dupe armour so I'm chasing loot.

Confession time though I've never run the abyss on hard, I always die after about 30 seconds and rely on the others to carry me through....and I'm pretty terrible at the deathsinger.

Anyone wants to join me though for fun n frolics and to make my dream a reality I'll be in orbit in a few minutes.

PSN BarryFishFinger. lvl 32 Warlock
I can do the sword for you. Anyone else interested?

Crota's End HM starting up very soon..
1) swordbear getting dat clackclackclackclack action going!
2) bosseye
3) LTWood12
4) cilonen
5) brianjones
6) ?

LTWood12

sounds good! Will be on in > 5 mins
Crota's End HM starting up very soon..hopefully it won't be a glitch fest D:
1) swordbear getting dat clackclackclackclack action going!
2) bosseye
3) LTWood12
4) cilonen
5) brianjones
6) zombiejesus

Sounds good. May have to bail if my son wakes up. So if I leave suddenly that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom