• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Rerolled my Felwinter for about 11 times (it gave me the exact same roll three times!!) Had full auto shoe up a few times and range finder/ shot package a few times but never together.

What I have right now is Who's next, Crowd control, field scout/hammerforged in one tree (accurized balastic is there too for slightly more range boost on top of hammerforged).

I have only 3 motes left, contemplating if I should upgrade this or just let it rust in the vault until next IB shows up and I have enough notes for rerolls.

ocean

Banned
This game it's flawed and grindy and annoying. It's not the best game I've played.

But it's the one I've had most fun with. The DGAF bromance is by far the best gaming community and experience I've ever had and I've been gaming for 20 years.

Kalamari

A friend of mine would like to join as well, none of us have done it before. I'm level 30 hunter and he's 31 titan.

I am pretty new to Crota's End as well, so we might need someone experienced to explain everything to you guys.

Full Normal CE run.

1. EvilKalamari
2. Anilusion
3. Anilusion's friend
4. GhaleonEB

edit: just noticed Ghaleon's post, 2 more spots!

RetroMG

This game it's flawed and grindy and annoying. It's not the best game I've played.

But it's the one I've had most fun with. The DGAF bromance is by far the best gaming community and experience I've ever had and I've been gaming for 20 years.

This is completely random, but my Kindle Fire broke recently, so I switched back to using an old android tablet I found while cleaning up. I turned it on for the first time this morning, and opened up the web browser. It opened to the last page, which was Destiny OT2 on launch day. Most people were talking about how they were waiting for UPS to deliver their copy of the game.

Funnily enough, Ocean's name was the only one on that particular page that I recognized.

LOLWUT?

And certainly, my buddy and I (SAPsnake) just got the expansion.

It was the orbs I tell ya... we had orbs for days lol
Heh yeah, it didn't help that they were taking it way too seriously and the slightest mistake would send them into a rage. This was definitely a better experience overall.

-----------------------------------

THIS FREAKING SCOUT RIFLE IS INSANE

As it has Firefly and 331, it basically directly compares to the Fatebringer per clip, but when it is levelled it will have MAX reload speed and Rodeo makes its stability basically like using a DMR from Halo. Apart from the fact that it doesn't have an element, I dare say this is by far the beSt.

Rapier with Firefly is really nice. I have the vendor version. Flared Magwell would be great to correct for the small magazine size. Congrats.

Agreed. I'm just running out of things to do and items to chase.

Probably good to reign things in for a bit and then get back in for HoW.

Finally rank 5 with Iron Banner. I wanted that shader the most oddly enough. Looks so good with helm of inmost light. I've received 2 of the IB scout rifles but I still need to get a shotgun. I really hope I get one soon, I'm so burnt out on crucible this week.

SkylineRKR

Firefly + outlaw = GOAT combo.

So yeah started IB last evening, now closing in on Rank 3, tomorrow will be a bigger buff right? Have some losses piled up. I want Jolder and Gheleon. Already have the shit AR so luckily no Rank 5 needed.

Rolled Radegast Fury in Arc with Verniers, Horseshoes, third eye and field scout. Took me only 2 motes. Was thinking of rerolling my Spear for Field scout but no, I kind of stopped playing PvE anyway and Ambush scope, Spray and play, snapshot/perfect balance, final round is too good.

kemrv5s.jpg

this is like #10. thanks bungie
8f70c6ea.gif

Rapier with Firefly is really nice. I have the vendor version. Flared Magwell would be great to correct for the small magazine size. Congrats.
I recently got, in a drop, Another NITC with Rodeo, [Single Point Sling/Explosive Rounds/Armor Piercing Rounds], and Firefly. If it had Arc damage, it would be a scout rifle clone of Fate Bringer. <3 that gun....

I really feel that Bungie should implement a system in which one can re-roll ones legendary weapons outside of IB. Either let us re-roll them with motes, or let us "craft" by trying to "combine" two weapons of the same type, using motes/commendations/etc., and that way, we can use some of these currencies that are just sitting around. RNG would determine which perks would roll in their respective positions.
Imagine rolling VoC with Rapier, getting lucky with the roll and getting a solar Rapier...
or combining Fang with VoC and getting a Fang with automatic fire... O.O

phen0m24

I really feel that Bungie should implement a system in which one can re-roll ones legendary weapons outside of IB. Either let us re-roll them with motes, or let us "craft" by trying to "combine" two weapons of the same type, using motes/commendations/etc., and that way, we can use some of these currencies that are just sitting around. RNG would determine which perks would roll in their respective positions.
Imagine rolling VoC with Rapier, getting lucky with the roll and getting a solar Rapier...
or combining Fang with VoC and getting a Fang with automatic fire... O.O

Give the Gunsmith a job rather than just standing around... :)

Rerolled my Felwinter for about 11 times (it gave me the exact same roll three times!!) Had full auto shoe up a few times and range finder/ shot package a few times but never together.

What I have right now is Who's next, Crowd control, field scout/hammerforged in one tree (accurized balastic is there too for slightly more range boost on top of hammerforged).

I have only 3 motes left, contemplating if I should upgrade this or just let it rust in the vault until next IB shows up and I have enough notes for rerolls.
Can you roll weapons won in previous Iron Banners? That'd save me the grief of trying to earn as many Motes as possible over the next two days.

I recently got, in a drop, Another NITC with Rodeo, [Single Point Sling/Explosive Rounds/Armor Piercing Rounds], and Firefly. If it had Arc damage, it would be a scout rifle clone of Fate Bringer. <3 that gun....

Sounds great, although, are you aware of the bug that makes Explosive Rounds and Firefly not play well together? Essentially you can proc 1 or the other, but never both on the same shot. Still doing good damage, but the algorithm that does the proc order makes them not work toegether.

ocean

Banned
This is completely random, but my Kindle Fire broke recently, so I switched back to using an old android tablet I found while cleaning up. I turned it on for the first time this morning, and opened up the web browser. It opened to the last page, which was Destiny OT2 on launch day. Most people were talking about how they were waiting for UPS to deliver their copy of the game.

Funnily enough, Ocean's name was the only one on that particular page that I recognized.
I didn't post a lot in the early OTs but I've been present from the very beginning. The community was extremely cliquey at first with inside jokes and groups that had been formed from hype threads months prior to launch. Really nice anecdote though, weird to think my name would be recognizable on a thread :p

Agreed. I'm just running out of things to do and items to chase.

Probably good to reign things in for a bit and then get back in for HoW.
That's two of us. I've done everything in this game so many times. Every story, every Crucible map, every strike, every bounty. Every NF modifier combo. Got every trophy. Upgraded all the weapons I like. I still don't have Thunderlord or Black Hammer but I need new content.

I really would sign up for 3 expansions a year at US$20 each even if they were as content thin as TDB. 3 new raids a year would definitely be enough to keep me going.

This lull between TDB and HoW is tooong though. 3 months between launch and Crota was ideal, they should have stuck to that time frame. If HoW->Comet is an even longer wait, the community will fizzle out before it drops :/

oni-link

Something weird happened to me today, I'm playing on PS3 PVP and after my team wins a close game where I was the top scoring player, I get a message though from someone on the other team

"reported for cheating"

Now, I don't know how to cheat, and if I did, I wouldn't do it because that would completely undermine the point of playing a game

Has anyone had something like this happen before? Do people even cheat in Destiny? I must have played 50-100 hours of PVP and I don't think i've ever suspected anyone of cheating

I'm assuming Sony will follow up the complaint and see that I've not been cheating and nothing else will come of this, or he's just trolling me

I googled his PSN name and found him on a PSN forum complaining in text speak about hackers in The Last of Us while alluding to Sony conspiracies, so I'm assuming he's just a nutter

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can you roll weapons won in previous Iron Banners? That'd save me the grief of trying to earn as many Motes as possible over the next two days.

I rerolled my Demise from early in the year in the last IB.

Gunsmith should sell legendary weapons with random rolls once a day. And to make them not so easily obtained, they should go for a commendation, 22000 glimmer and 20 marks depending on whether it's crucible or vanguard.

Sounds great, although, are you aware of the bug that makes Explosive Rounds and Firefly not play well together? Essentially you can proc 1 or the other, but never both on the same shot. Still doing good damage, but the algorithm that does the proc order makes them not work toegether.
no, actually, i didn't! so that affects FB as well... eesh. I have a Badger CCL and a different Another NITC with ER/FF too... man. i hope they fix that.
thanks for the info! :)

Dave_6

I know most folks seem to looking for CE runs, but is anyone interested in doing HM Atheon x3? I have the Gorgon CP on each of my toons.

ocean

Banned
Something weird happened to me today, I'm playing on PS3 PVP and after my team wins a close game where I was the top scoring player, I get a message though from someone on the other team

"reported for cheating"

Now, I don't know how to cheat, and if I did, I wouldn't do it because that would completely undermine the point of playing a game

Has anyone had something like this happen before? Do people even cheat in Destiny? I must have played 50-100 hours of PVP and I don't think i've ever suspected anyone of cheating

I'm assuming Sony will follow up the complaint and see that I've not been cheating and nothing else will come of this, or he's just trolling me

I googled his PSN name and found him on a PSN forum complaining in text speak about hackers in The Last of Us while alluding to Sony conspiracies, so I'm assuming he's just a nutter
There used to be some PvP exploits but I think they're all patched now. A horrible one worked by setting your PS4 time/date to the past. If you had ever used a consumable with a cool down timer like heavy ammo synthesis it'd be constantly activated.

People rolled their clocks back and began each Crucible match with full heavy ammo. They'd also respawn with full heavy ammo always. I did see YouTube videos where they were banned from Crucible after doing that for 2+ matches. No penalty for doing it in PvE while the exploit lasted though.

I rerolled my Demise from early in the year in the last IB.

Gunsmith should sell legendary weapons with random rolls once a day. And to make them not so easily obtained, they should go for a commendation, 22000 glimmer and 20 marks depending on whether it's crucible or vanguard.

I always thought there should be a crafting system to allow you to lock in certain perks, but also be prohibitively expensive to do too much. Although, your suggestion is a little more in line with the spirit of the game design.

How about have a daily RNG Legendary Weapon for 150 marks, 1 Commendation and 7K Glimmer.

oni-link

There used to be some PvP exploits but I think they're all patched now. A horrible one worked by setting your PS4 time/date to the past. If you had ever used a consumable with a cool down timer like heavy ammo synthesis it'd be constantly activated.

People rolled their clocks back and began each Crucible match with full heavy ammo. They'd also respawn with full heavy ammo always. I did see YouTube videos where they were banned from Crucible after doing that for 2+ matches. No penalty for doing it in PvE while the exploit lasted though.

That was either PS4 only or I never encountered that on PS3

Either way the match was just a normal match, I didn't even play that well, it was a Clash match and I had maybe 3000 points and about 25 kills, I have no idea why he thought I was cheating

He was probably just trolling I suppose

no, actually, i didn't! so that affects FB as well... eesh. I have a Badger CCL and a different Another NITC with ER/FF too... man. i hope they fix that.
thanks for the info! :)

Essentially, if the precision shot kills the unit, Firefly procs, if it doesn't kill them Explosive Round procs, if that kills it, no Firefly even though it was originally a precision shot.

It does however always proc ER on non-precision shots. It isn't a terrible "glitch", and will still wreck everything, just not as effective as it could be. Explosions all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom