• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Earlier today I clicked on the Bungie logo at the lower right corner of the destination map and discovered it was the credits roll. I was wondering where it was. 0_o

That song was...not good.

ocean

Banned
That was either PS4 only or I never encountered that on PS3

Either way the match was just a normal match, I didn't even play that well, it was a Clash match and I had maybe 3000 points and about 25 kills, I have no idea why he thought I was cheating

He was probably just trolling I suppose
Probably trolling. That exploit is the single exploit I've heard of people getting banned for, so it wasn't that prevalent. I did have a team doing that once. Rushed to B on Blind Watch and got blown the hell up from rockets 30 second into the match. It was a rocket fest until I quit :p

Earlier today I clicked on the Bungie logo at the lower right corner of the destination map and discovered it was the credits roll. I was wondering where it was. 0_o

Lol, isn't that the Paul McCartney song? *shudders*

I never noticed it for ages until one day after getting TDB it was flashing. Curious it didn't play after the final campaign mission. Wonder if that is intentional so as some folks don't think it's over and stop playing, Ha.

E92 M3

It's rather embarrassing how they made that decision to put it in there lol.

sikkinixx

After three tries I finally beat the damn Weekly Strike. Omnigul or whatever is a fucking pain in the ass with Arc Burn dudes shooting you like crazy.

I rerolled my Demise from early in the year in the last IB.

Gunsmith should sell legendary weapons with random rolls once a day. And to make them not so easily obtained, they should go for a commendation, 22000 glimmer and 20 marks depending on whether it's crucible or vanguard.
I like that idea too, but I would love to see them raise the glimmer cap (not that i'm anywhere near it, at the moment... XD)

rNilla

I still have never watched the credits or heard that song.

ocean

Banned
Sounds great, although, are you aware of the bug that makes Explosive Rounds and Firefly not play well together? Essentially you can proc 1 or the other, but never both on the same shot. Still doing good damage, but the algorithm that does the proc order makes them not work toegether.
It's similar to the issues with Hive Disruptor.
If you have Explosive Rounds, crit base damage is reduced (the yellow number) and then compensated exactly by Explosive damage (a white number). The total of these two damages is the same. The thing is, Firefly only procs if the reduced crit damage (the yellow number) was enough to kill the enemy. If what kills the enemy is the additional ER damage (white number), it doesn't count as a precision kill and thus Firefly doesn't proc.

It's like the reason why Black Hammer's White Nail perk wouldn't proc after crits on Hive Majors.

I always use Explosive on Word of Crota because Body shots have a lot more damage even if crits stay the same. No downside. On Fatebringer though, I prefer Field Scout. More reliable Outlaw/Firefly and a lot more reserve ammo.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm pretty sure that playing with randoms all the time is the only reason my K/D isn't 2+ lol

Rehsa

Full Normal CE run.

1. EvilKalamari
2. Anilusion
3. Anilusion's friend
4. GhaleonEB
5. PrivateWHudson

One spot open, who will go to?

Great run guys thanks, you 'noobs' did excellent. Almost had him first try, but Team Second Try git er dun. Thanks NatCat for stepping in for pops congrats on the Hunger
stolen from me :p
. GG Private on the sword. I got the ship :)

V
No problem Ghaleon, you made the right choice lol, sounds like a good dinner. She mentioned Gjallarhorn a few times so they gave her the next best thing eh

GhaleonEB

I still have never watched the credits or heard that song.

The credits gave me an appreciation of just how many people it took to make this game. The song was, fortunately, instantly forgettable.

Thanks for letting me swap out Nat midway through the raid, guys. My wife came up halfway through the bridge and asked for help making dinner (home fried tacos, at my request). I said I was busy. That was the wrong answer.

Nat scored Hunger of Crota, pretty great rocket launcher.

The credits gave me an appreciation of just how many people it took to make this game. The song was, fortunately, instantly forgettable.

Thanks for letting me swap out Nat midway through the raid, guys. My wife came up halfway through the bridge and asked for help making dinner (home fried tacos, at my request). I said I was busy. That was the wrong answer.

Can't your daughter make tacos? Or have her finish the Raid for you :p

Edit: HoC is nice though. You did a good thing and would have deprived her that weapon.

ocean

Banned

Definitely the wrong answer :p

And yeah, HoC is easily the best legendary RL outside of maybe a very lucky Iron Banner roll. Tracking, mini bombs, extra damage on Hive Majors, good velocity and blast radius. It's unusable if you don't have armor with + Heavy Ammo though. Anmo reserve is real low, only downside. Excellent choice to free up Exotic slot for Primary/Special though.

Something weird happened to me today, I'm playing on PS3 PVP and after my team wins a close game where I was the top scoring player, I get a message though from someone on the other team

"reported for cheating"

Now, I don't know how to cheat, and if I did, I wouldn't do it because that would completely undermine the point of playing a game

Has anyone had something like this happen before? Do people even cheat in Destiny? I must have played 50-100 hours of PVP and I don't think i've ever suspected anyone of cheating

I'm assuming Sony will follow up the complaint and see that I've not been cheating and nothing else will come of this, or he's just trolling me

I googled his PSN name and found him on a PSN forum complaining in text speak about hackers in The Last of Us while alluding to Sony conspiracies, so I'm assuming he's just a nutter

I was reported for hacking once lol. How salty do you have to be?

I've never come across anybody that's obviously been cheating, but you never know. Sometimes it does feel like I'm playing against someone with a mouse/keyboard setup, but that's probably just Twilight in disguise.

It's similar to the issues with Hive Disruptor.
If you have Explosive Rounds, crit base damage is reduced (the yellow number) and then compensated exactly by Explosive damage (a white number). The total of these two damages is the same. The thing is, Firefly only procs if the reduced crit damage (the yellow number) was enough to kill the enemy. If what kills the enemy is the additional ER damage (white number), it doesn't count as a precision kill and thus Firefly doesn't proc.

It's like the reason why Black Hammer's White Nail perk wouldn't proc after crits on Hive Majors.

I always use Explosive on Word of Crota because Body shots have a lot more damage even if crits stay the same. No downside. On Fatebringer though, I prefer Field Scout. More reliable Outlaw/Firefly and a lot more reserve ammo.

woah.
keanureeves.gif
I'm going to give that FB configuration a try. I've always had it set for ER/FF....
Thanks, ocean!

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to the peeps on Gaf for the iron banner train today, especially at the end when it turned into a
medallion
train. Good times were had. I finally got a Felwinter's Lie to drop, shot package/hammer forged/grenadier, basically my ideal roll.

Are there any Xbox One GAF raiders? I've been trying to do random raids with people from the 100 and having miserable luck.

If so please message or add me, GT: SeventhGear. I play almost everyday and if you let me know in advance I'm always available for a raid.

Definitely the wrong answer :p

And yeah, HoC is easily the best legendary RL outside of maybe a very lucky Iron Banner roll. Tracking, mini bombs, extra damage on Hive Majors, good velocity and blast radius. It's unusable if you don't have armor with + Heavy Ammo though. Anmo reserve is real low, only downside. Excellent choice to free up Exotic slot for Primary/Special though.
yeah, i'm really glad for HoC, considering i'm still 'hornless. it's my go-to RL for when i don't have Thor equipped.

oni-link

I was reported for hacking once lol. How salty do you have to be?

I've never come across anybody that's obviously been cheating, but you never know. Sometimes it does feel like I'm playing against someone with a mouse/keyboard setup, but that's probably just Twilight in disguise.

I've come up against players that are clearly a lot better than me, and I generally finish 1st or 2nd in the 6v6 events, probably 1st more often than 2nd, and sometimes I will come across a team with someone in it that is just a step above, and there is no way his team won't lose, but I've never thought "they're cheating"

I was kind of annoyed though because you hear horror stories about people who have their accounts banned, and I don't want to have my PSN account compromised, though if they follow up his complaint they wont find anything weird with my account because I wasn't cheating

I've come up against players that are clearly a lot better than me, and I generally finish 1st or 2nd in the 6v6 events, probably 1st more often than 2nd, and sometimes I will come across a team with someone in it that is just a step above, and there is no way his team won't lose, but I've never thought "they're cheating"

I was kind of annoyed though because you hear horror stories about people who have their accounts banned, and I don't want to have my PSN account compromised, though if they follow up his complaint they wont find anything weird with my account because I wasn't cheating

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure they get false claims all the time.
I'm so bored I started to solo HM CE for no particular reason. I think it's time to step away from the PS4...

Should have been a while ago lbr.

Impala26

If you think the song was bad, you should see the music video

Click to cringe

mog.gif

Seriously, how does this shit get made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom