• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Thanks rarbusto fot dealing with my scatterbrain friends, fun guys but a little goofy. I try to get them to do the bridge legit but they wont

Haha it's cool, I've done it so many times I don't mind a little cheese now and then. I agree the bridge is probably the most fun part trying to get all 6 people across. We had fun so no worries.

My buddy pulled his second Hawkmoon so he's happy, but didn't get his helm for his warlock. I was doing it for a moon, baller, or hunger and didn't get either, oh well!

dodgeme

Well been rolling Iron Banner on and off all week and managed to hit rank 4 earlier today. Was going to stop as I only wanted to get the Iron Regalia Vestments for my Warlock as they look 10x better then the CE chest armor.

But I kept going and on my 3rd game I got the MIDA Multi-Tool as a drop. Kinda surprised as I was only playing for a shot at the ship or the Gheleon's Demise, couldn't get to Rank 5 last time so I only ended up getting Felwinter's Lie.

Haven't had a chance to use it but after getting both the Plan C and MIDA now through crucible modes I can't complain.

so much for beating dark souls 2 before I leave, my flight's in 4 hours.

Haha yeah that's not gonna be possible. Have a safe and fun trip Hawk!

nShX3WD.jpg

I've managed to get all 3 IB chest pieces .. they look great

i only wish i got all 3 gloves last time around

had a blast playing with everyone today.. even when it turned into the iron medallion train at one point

My non-gaf Raid partner just solo'd Normal Crota without a Ghorn. Used Dragon's Breath and 'nades. Lol. He unfortunately forgot to keep a video.

Well if he did it once, he can do it again ;)
I believe you

He said it took 50 tries (Doesn't have a Ghorn). Will do it again next week. Told him he has to record it that time.

He's pretty good. He was our Swordbearer when we took down HM Crota the first time. It was a 2 sword victory, and he did it as a Warlock. No Titan's were in our group either. I still don't know how we did it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man... I just got back from walmart, figured it was about time to start using my vita as something other than a remote destiny player, and get a memory card so I could use the travel time on this trip to try rogue legacy and so forth... it seems they do not stock a single vita memory card of any size whatsoever. I mean damn, I guess I am naive, but was the vita that much of a flop? think I can expect to find them in a best buy at least, or do I have to track down a game store in vegas?

BB should have some i assume theres lots of pawn shops in Vegas id be willing to bet youd find one there...see what i did there.

Im a 32 warlock or hunter lf normal or hard CE or hunter for hard VoG invite Legendkilla3rd.

I can run sword only on normal havent done hard.

Omni

Oh dammit. I bought the wrong chest piece. I got the "discipline" and "Intellect" values mixed up ;_;

Now I gotta grind Exclusion Zone for glimmer boooo

man... I just got back from walmart, figured it was about time to start using my vita as something other than a remote destiny player, and get a memory card so I could use the travel time on this trip to try rogue legacy and so forth... it seems they do not stock a single vita memory card of any size whatsoever. I mean damn, I guess I am naive, but was the vita that much of a flop? think I can expect to find them in a best buy at least, or do I have to track down a game store in vegas?

Walmart stocking has actually been pretty poor and is a talked about issue in the finance world. It varies from store to store, but all products can go out of stock for weeks at a time. I've seen that on lots of products I have bought there. My local Walmart has been out of Dualshock 4's since Christmas. Seriously. They haven't even bothered putting anything else in its place to fill the void. I've also seen Skylander's/Disney Infinity section more or less cleared out that was only recently restocked.

Haven't checked the Vita or Memory cards, but they probably had a spot for it. Who knows if anything is available.

Edit: A quick google search turned up this story from last year on the Out of Stock problem. Try Best Buy, should find better luck.

BB should have some i assume theres lots of pawn shops in Vegas id be willing to bet youd find one there...see what i did there.

Im a 32 warlock or hunter lf normal or hard CE or hunter for hard VoG invite Legendkilla3rd.

I can run sword only on normal havent done hard.
Its pretty much the same thing running the sword for hard mode, except there is less room for errors due to the glitches and dmg scaling. You just need to get almost the right amount of dmg for each swordphase.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Walmart stocking has actually been pretty poor and is a talked about issue in the finance world. It varies from store to store, but all products can go out of stock for weeks at a time. I've seen that on lots of products I have bought there. My local Walmart has been out of Dualshock 4's since Christmas. Seriously. They haven't even bothered putting anything else in its place to fill the void. I've also seen Skylander's/Disney Infinity section more or less cleared out that was only recently restocked.

Haven't checked the Vita or Memory cards, but they probably had a spot for it. Who knows if anything is available.

Edit: A quick google search turned up this story from last year on the Out of Stock problem. Try Best Buy, should find better luck.
Yeah I should also have mentioned, a grand total of one Vita game for sale: Minecraft. There were DS4s, a healthy stock of Skylanders/Disney Infinity stuff, wonky PS4 doodads and accessories but just nothing at all in the way of Vita stuff. could be wrong of course but it didn't seem as if they were out of stock, looked as if they didn't even have spots for them

Yeah I should also have mentioned, a grand total of one Vita game for sale: Minecraft. There were DS4s, a healthy stock of Skylanders/Disney Infinity stuff, wonky PS4 doodads and accessories but just nothing at all in the way of Vita stuff. could be wrong of course but it didn't seem as if they were out of stock, looked as if they didn't even have spots for them

Ah, in that case, it really could be dead. I will have to pay attention next time I go. I seem to recall there were at least 2 rows in a single case for PS Vita games last time I was there. Haven't seen an actual Vita on sale in ages though. I do remember seeing an empty shelf for Playstation TV though...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, in that case, it really could be dead. I will have to pay attention next time I go. I seem to recall there were at least 2 rows in a single case for PS Vita games last time I was there. Haven't seen an actual Vita on sale in ages though. I do remember seeing an empty shelf for Playstation TV though...
there was a spot for PSTV, totally empty, and a spot for actual Vitas with 3 in stock. I'm wondering if I have a wild goose chase on the strip ahead of me, lol

cilonen

Oh dammit. I bought the wrong chest piece. I got the "discipline" and "Intellect" values mixed up ;_;

Now I gotta grind Exclusion Zone for glimmer boooo

If you have a shotgun and Black Wax there's a slightly quicker farm. Choose Sword of Crota on the heroic difficulty and run through to the Gatehouse checkpoint (the first proper 'room' in the Hellmouth after the three Knights in the entrance chamber). Run past the trash and kill the three major acolytes hanging round by the passage to the stairs down to the sword room. Ignore the major knight as he's bugged and doesn't give any glimmer or XP.

Dive off the side of the ledge to die and you spawn right outside that room. Rinse and repeat. This is actually the best place to farm Black Wax too.

timmy

Just did a VoG run with friends and some lfg people. One was a really young kid who kept dying once we got to atheon. After a few times, he admitted it was his first try, as if he were embarrassed by it. We explained the fight, and beat him on the next try. He got vision of confluence and hawkmoon. Everyone was so stoked for him. It was great.

Just did a VoG run with friends and some lfg people. One was a really young kid who kept dying once we got to atheon. After a few times, he admitted it was his first try, as if he were embarrassed by it. We explained the fight, and beat him on the next try. He got vision of confluence and hawkmoon. Everyone was so stoked for him. It was great.

that's awesome

nOoblet16

Stuff I need to do

1) Glimmer farming (have gatekeeper checkpoint)

2) Normal Abyss+ Bridge x2

3) HM Scrota (I was wondering if someone could carry my level 30 titan through it just for loot, I can make bubbles, or just die)

Lemme know if anyone's interested in any of that.

If you have a shotgun and Black Wax there's a slightly quicker farm. Choose Sword of Crota on the heroic difficulty and run through to the Gatehouse checkpoint (the first proper 'room' in the Hellmouth after the three Knights in the entrance chamber). Run past the trash and kill the three major acolytes hanging round by the passage to the stairs down to the sword room. Ignore the major knight as he's bugged and doesn't give any glimmer or XP.

Dive off the side of the ledge to die and you spawn right outside that room. Rinse and repeat. This is actually the best place to farm Black Wax too.

I will be home in an hour or so. If there are no Gatekeeper farms going, I'm taking my Universal Remote to the Hellmouth. I need some major glimmer. IB is bleeding me dry and I don't want to touch my supply of consumables yet.

Awaken the Hive is decent too. Several Yellow's and a crap ton of thralls. Do you think this Sword of Crota section is more efficient?

Edit: ^nooblet, how long are you on? I will Glimmer farm with you. Won't be home for a bit though.

cilonen

I will be home in an hour or so. If there are no Gatekeeper farms going, I'm taking my Universal Remote to the Hellmouth. I need some major glimmer. IB is bleeding me dry and I don't want to touch my supply of consumables yet.

Awaken the Hive is decent too. Several Yellow's and a crap ton of thralls. Do you think this Sword of Crota section is more efficient?

It might be about the same. With the Sword section you're killing three yellows roughly every 20-30 seconds. There are definitely more enemies to mow down waking the hive, but I found the repetitive simplicity of the Sword run better for me. Some people may really hate that and like the variety that more enemies bring.

Could use some help with the Ritual of the Forsaken quest. I'm right at the urn

Psn? I think my titan has to do this still. Might as well do it with you :)

edit: O you already killed that Hive major on earth? I am at that part. O well will still hop in to help out.

edit2: I cant type right for some reason D:

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Making a full solo CE video. I goofed up so many parts.

I can say for sure the biggest pain in the ass in CE is the swordbearer, some times your success depends entirely on his ass.

Stuff I need to do

1) Glimmer farming (have gatekeeper checkpoint)

2) Normal Abyss+ Bridge x2

3) HM Scrota (I was wondering if someone could carry my level 30 titan through it just for loot, I can make bubbles, or just die)

Lemme know if anyone's interested in any of that.

Robinson and me will run Crota hard if we can find 6.

That being said, add yourself to the list:

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson90
3. Nooblet16

Izuna

Banned
Rapier with Firefly is really nice. I have the vendor version. Flared Magwell would be great to correct for the small magazine size. Congrats.

I just maxed this out finally.

In my honest opinion, this gun if freaking insane. Although Flared Magwell is redundant because reloads are already nearly maxed. I tested it with and without x3 Chain of Woe. With, Chain of Woe doesn't do anything (obviously) and without it still reloads twice as fast as the Fatebringer.

Aside from Arc damage, this gun has a much higher DPS but the BEST part is that I forgot about the perk that is giving it maxed Range/Accuracy.

I compared the recoil to that of the Halo 4 DMR and the Rapier is the most stable gun ever. Now only that, since Accuracy is maced, it shoots almost perfectly straight. Which means if you can actually see an enemy, you can get precision damage on them. Making switching to a Sniper redundant unless you need the extra damage.

Rapier >> Fatebringer unless you are up against Arc Shields or Arc Burns. I am so happy and surprised that a gun like this was allowed to exist.

If elements could be affixed to weapons this gun would surely be what everyone would look for.

Izuna

Banned
FTcJtvw.png

At 283/331 this already outperforms Fatebringer.

But hey, look at this Rodeo perk! (Also has Firefly).

This Rodeo perk, when actually enabled, made this gun feel like it wasn't from this game.

I just maxed this out finally.

In my honest opinion, this gun if freaking insane. Although Flared Magwell is redundant because reloads are already nearly maxed. I tested it with and without x3 Chain of Woe. With, Chain of Woe doesn't do anything (obviously) and without it still reloads twice as fast as the Fatebringer.

Aside from Arc damage, this gun has a much higher DPS but the BEST part is that I forgot about the perk that is giving it maxed Range/Accuracy.

I compared the recoil to that of the Halo 4 DMR and the Rapier is the most stable gun ever. Now only that, since Accuracy is maced, it shoots almost perfectly straight. Which means if you can actually see an enemy, you can get precision damage on them. Making switching to a Sniper redundant unless you need the extra damage.

Rapier >> Fatebringer unless you are up against Arc Shields or Arc Burns. I am so happy and surprised that a gun like this was allowed to exist.

If elements could be affixed to weapons this gun would surely be what everyone would look for.

Guess I'll need to start saving up some more Crucible marks. Good thing I still have that Thorn bounty to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom