• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, I just realized you need to be Crucible Rank 3 to buy stuff, too (I've barely reached Rank 1). I'll just hope I get one from a drop some day. :lol

I just solo'd Abyss so I can show how gdlk the Range and Stability is on this beast. I'll make it a YouTube video so all can see.

blazeuk

I am so close to fully upgrading my Hawkmoon, want to start blasting through bounties on my Vita while I'm in work so I can jump straight into IB when I finish but my works internet doesn't seem particularly up for the task, last time I tried I kept getting disconnected.

Shito

man... I just got back from walmart, figured it was about time to start using my vita as something other than a remote destiny player, and get a memory card so I could use the travel time on this trip to try rogue legacy and so forth... it seems they do not stock a single vita memory card of any size whatsoever. I mean damn, I guess I am naive, but was the vita that much of a flop? think I can expect to find them in a best buy at least, or do I have to track down a game store in vegas?
Got the same experience a few weeks ago, when telling myself that I could buy a second memory card to use an American account on my vita. Couldn't find a store that was still selling some cards. :/

Making a full solo CE video. I goofed up so many parts.

I can say for sure the biggest pain in the ass in CE is the swordbearer, some times your success depends entirely on his ass.
Yep. Tried to solo Crota again yesterday; after three tries where the swordbearer would not aggro and be the biggest fucker ever, I decided it was maybe not worth the hassle.
Everything before that is really easy though.

If anyone wants the gorgon checkpoint, let me know. I should be free throughout the day. Unless I feel the need to feed my coffee addiction at a coffee shop :p

Izuna

Banned
I just maxed this out finally.

In my honest opinion, this gun if freaking insane. Although Flared Magwell is redundant because reloads are already nearly maxed. I tested it with and without x3 Chain of Woe. With, Chain of Woe doesn't do anything (obviously) and without it still reloads twice as fast as the Fatebringer.

Aside from Arc damage, this gun has a much higher DPS but the BEST part is that I forgot about the perk that is giving it maxed Range/Accuracy.

I compared the recoil to that of the Halo 4 DMR and the Rapier is the most stable gun ever. Now only that, since Accuracy is maced, it shoots almost perfectly straight. Which means if you can actually see an enemy, you can get precision damage on them. Making switching to a Sniper redundant unless you need the extra damage.

Rapier >> Fatebringer unless you are up against Arc Shields or Arc Burns. I am so happy and surprised that a gun like this was allowed to exist.

If elements could be affixed to weapons this gun would surely be what everyone would look for.

Here is a 2 minute video putting it to the test (283 ATK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAltqi8oHY

Fixed the link lmao

soooooo how exactly do you re-roll weapons through IB?

First you need an IB weapon. After you just need to have it equipped and bring it to the IB guy. There should be an option to reforge it for two motes of light. You can do it as many times as you want until you run out of motes. Also no rank restriction so you can forge immediately.

Also it's important to know that the IB weapons with the old 300 atk will not reroll into the updated atk variants.

Really need to get my shit together and get my Hunter to 32. Lost alot of motivation to play the past few months, all I have been doing is the NF and the Weekly for coins and buying Exotic weapons that I don't already own whenever Xur has them. Also jump into some control every so often but currently zero raiding and upgrading weapons etc.

Problem is I just simply don't enjoy Crota's End, so it already feels like a chore to do, even worse when LFG groups can take a very long time to form and often struggle to get through it even on normal.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There should be an option to upgrade old IB weapons. Just like with exotics have a system where you can do the same. Maybe like 10 ascendent energy, the weapon and glimmer.

oh, I mean, it's awesome. one of the coolest looking weapons in the game and a pretty unique perk concept. Hopefully it'll get buffed one day. should really do arc damage!
i asumed it was ark until i checked..
Madness.

I really need more content bungie, charge what you want i don't care JUST GIVE IT ME!

There should be an option to upgrade old IB weapons. Just like with exotics have a system where you can do the same. Maybe like 10 ascendent energy, the weapon and glimmer.
Or just re roll using the motes of light :( i assumed it would.. i was gutted.

RemiLP

Finaly leveled up my thorn to the poison thing perk. Holy shit, this gun is awesome. It can one shot pretty much any normal enemies with non crit shot. So fun to just hit them once and move on to the next and just watch them die :)

Cant belive its been collecting dust in my vault for ages.

ocean

Banned
Here is a 2 minute video putting it to the test (283 ATK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAltqi8oHY

Fixed the link lmao
Superb. The only thing I don't like much about 331 scout rifles is they take 2 shots to kill some enemies that a HC like Fatebringer can kill in one shot. Once RoF, Range and stability are considered, DPS on larger health enemies is much better on these scouts, but Fatebringer is still my pick for areas with a lot of trash.

BokehKing

Banned
Really need to get my shit together and get my Hunter to 32. Lost alot of motivation to play the past few months, all I have been doing is the NF and the Weekly for coins and buying Exotic weapons that I don't already own whenever Xur has them. Also jump into some control every so often but currently zero raiding and upgrading weapons etc.

Problem is I just simply don't enjoy Crota's End, so it already feels like a chore to do, even worse when LFG groups can take a very long time to form and often struggle to get through it even on normal.
My problem with crotas end is, you get to the end, and no one wants to run the sword (if not running with gaf) and the group immeditfalls apart. Or if you're busy through out the week, everyone already did the raids by the time the weekend rolls around.

So you get stuck on lfg with level 28's and 29's

With the right group of people, it is the quickest raid though, and I need those raid boots to boost my heavy ammo capacity

I'm a little behind the curve, as always, but I finally got all 3 classes to level 32. Crota was a stingy bastard and refused to give my Titan Raid boots for over a month, but Lord Saladin and Xur came through this week to save the day. I kinda like the Optimus Prime look on the Titan with Jester Apogee shader.

UAwzhwA.jpg

Xv09NDN.jpg

uMi6cq1.jpg

My problem with crotas end is, you get to the end, and no one wants to run the sword (if not running with gaf) and the group immeditfalls apart. Or if you're busy through out the week, everyone already did the raids by the time the weekend rolls around.

So you get stuck on lfg with level 28's and 29's

With the right group of people, it is the quickest raid though, and I need those raid boots to boost my heavy ammo capacity
I dont mind being the swordbearer whenever I am available which is slowly becoming weekends and random nights only now :)

Lol all my time in Destiny now is killing Scrota, chilling in the gorgon checkpoint and some pvp on the side :p

BokehKing

Banned
I dont mind being the swordbearer whenever I am available which is slowly becoming weekends and random nights only now :)

Lol all my time in Destiny now is killing Scrota, chilling in the gorgon checkpoint and some pvp on the side :p
Mine as well, I'm enjoying hardline, and much rather be playing that now with my morning cup of coffee, donut and bagel but if I dont run Crota, I'll never get blackhammer and that's all I care about, if i don't hit 32 on all 3 characters it's whatever, I'm sure I'll hit it as soon as the next expansion comes out, I have more than enough vanguard and crucible marks to buy some sort of gear to get me caught up to 32

noomi

Still down for Flawless tonight... I think we've 3 confirmed?

Yep, 7PM EST. You, Nuszka, myself and maybe Messiek? We can find some others just incase....

Flawless Crota Normal tonight @ 7PM EST ya'll if anyone is interested lemme know, we might need a spot or two to be filled.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain never gets old lol

thnx daily mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom