• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to do a nightfall? I've been out of town since reset, and would just like to get one done before I start Iron Banner.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Impala26

Does anyone on here play on Xbone? I had it on PS4 but swapped it for Xbone to play with my brother-in-law so now I'm stuck with the smaller community and less strikes (*sigh*). I'm 29 so I'd kinda like this week to try the Vault of Glass for the first time and hopefully start getting some more legendary/exotic weapons.

I do and in fact a few of us just banded together yesterday to complete the Vault of Glass for the first time. Many of the XB1 players here also post in HaloGAF, so you'll see some spillage between the two community threads.

My GT is same: Impala26
See you starside!

How good is Jolders Hammer with Vendor perks? Should I just reroll it? Alternativelt, should I buy a 2nd to reroll just in case.

Vendor version is bad w/o field scout. I always rcommend buying two to roll and keep the first decent one you roll, just in case. 11k glimmer is 10-15 min on farm.

Got my first 5-kill streak in the Crucible with Against All Odds. It was so weird to see when it said someone had just shut down WheelHoss1.

Ghazi

Eh, doesn't really matter so much. You just want Firefly and a perk that helps reload speed.
I was fortunate to get a Gheleon's drops couple days ago with firefly/ outlaw. Middle column had those choices. Can't decide between those two perks, on which to use

Lothars

I've barely played any iron banner this week and I am not even rank 3 but I just had a gjallhorn drop and I was having a fairly poor game. I am blown away.

Ridli

How do people like rodeo for Jolder's Hammer? I got a pick w/ Rodeo/Field Scout/Surplus that I'm considering keeping.

Edit: Oh wow I also have the choice between aggressive ballistics and Smart Drift control, yeah I think I'm keeping it.

So what's everyone's opinion on Three Little Words? I bought it today after missing out on Red Death last week, since it's one of the few Pulse Rifles that DOESNT have a low impact. And how would you compare it to Bad Juju?

Sullichin

Which do you think is better for Jolder's Hammer:
Rangefinder, Field Scout, Surplus
Spray and Play, Field Scout, Crowd Control

They are both solar. Want to reroll one of them for a different element.

Which do you think is better for Jolder's Hammer:
Rangefinder, Field Scout, Surplus
Spray and Play, Field Scout, Crowd Control

They are both solar. Want to reroll one of them for a different element.
Depends on what your looking for the first one is a better pve weapon well the second one is a better pvp weapon

I miss DGAF. I've been on vacation since Tuesday night and will be home tomorrow night. Been on the road for a few hours already. Hoping I can do my last nightfall and maybe ds->Crota 1-3x before reset.

Friggin hell, this game is rage inducing at times. Finished an IB match on a 9 kill streak. So starting the next match needing just 1 for the Iron Wrath bounty. Well fuk me, if the game doesn't drop me into a match in progress, on a team losing by 10k pts, and I land right as a blinking hunter lands his jump at the perfect time to put a shotgun blast into the side of my head.

Thanks for the glimmer farming. In 40-minutes I was able to farm 25,000 Glimmer, spend it, and farm another 25,000! It is nice to have everything upgraded and have glimmer in the bank.

Cheers

And I am a Member!

Hope everyone won't be skipping out for BB. I'm gonna be playing both and praying I get an exotic hand cannon to drop or show up in a bounty or appear in Xur's inventory (still the one thing that still pains me not to have).

Rest of my 31 Bladedancer is pretty much done (Chatterwhite with Strength of the Wolf or Thunderdevil with Shroud of the Flies/Dead Zone Revolution):
• Mask of 3rd Man, Raid Chest/Boots (just need arms)
• P: Red Death, Word of Crota, Crypt Dweller SR1 (this week when I get the marks to 150)
• Sp: Patience & Time (or Longbow Synthesis), LIght of the Abyss, Found Verdict (or Swordbreaker)
• Hunger of Crota (or Truth), Against All Odds

What's missing: Hawkmoon!!!
What's next: Warlock . . .

Hope everyone won't be skipping out for BB. I'm gonna be playing both and praying I get an exotic hand cannon to drop or show up in a bounty or appear in Xur's inventory (still the one thing that still pains me not to have).

Rest of my 31 Bladedancer is pretty much done (Chatterwhite with Strength of the Wolf or Thunderdevil with Shroud of the Flies/Dead Zone Revolution):
• Mask of 3rd Man, Raid Chest/Boots (just need arms)
• P: Red Death, Word of Crota, Crypt Dweller SR1 (this week when I get the marks to 150)
• Sp: Patience & Time (or Longbow Synthesis), LIght of the Abyss, Found Verdict (or Swordbreaker)
• Hunger of Crota (or Truth), Against All Odds

What's missing: Hawkmoon!!!
What's next: Warlock . . .

All 3 exotic Hand Cannons are great in their own way. Gotta say, cutting someone down with the Last Word just feels awesome. I love it.

I'm curious about the IB shotgun that drops. Should I keep it as is or should I roll? And what's the best roll for pvp? Thanks in advance.

pachuco

I do and in fact a few of us just banded together yesterday to complete the Vault of Glass for the first time. Many of the XB1 players here also post in HaloGAF, so you'll see some spillage between the two community threads.

My GT is same: Impala26
See you starside!

Are you talking about the Halo OT thread in the Community boards?

I have been playing a lot of Destiny lately trying to get my Hunter past 30 for HoW. I'd like to find some people to play some Destiny with.

Another issue is that I work nights and I would usually be playing around 8:00 AM CTZ, so any Europeans, Asians, or other night owls send me an invite on XBone.

Gamertag: sopachuco13

Just rolled about 20 motes on Jolders Hammer.and got it with Counterbalance and Field Scout. Seems like a good combo. Who's Next doesn't seem particularly useful though. Gonna go for broke on a 2nd and see if I can get a great roll.

Edit: Got Rodeo, Field Scout and Grenadier. Seems good enough, I will keep it. Too bad it is Solar, Void would have been perfect.

Is anyone online that can start up the Nightfall really quick (and I can join in on)? I'm a 32 Warlock, but I haven't unlocked Omnigul with this character and I want to complete the NF bounty.

Maybe this sounds kind of absurd right now, but...best primary weapon for oracles in atheon hard? i´ve been playing with a group recently, we tried to down atheon on hard with no success several times because most of my teammates where choking really hard inside the portals to kill oracles...most of them are level 32 with fully upgraded weapons, maybe not VOG weapons, but Crota´s End ones with 331 damage, those should be more than enough, right? or maybe oracle disruptor is actually needed...dunno

Lmao, two unbroken medals tonight on my hunter in IB, both at 26 kills.

Straight destruction. Also got an extra Felwinter to play around with.

cilonen

Maybe this sounds kind of absurd right now, but...best primary weapon for oracles in atheon hard? i´ve been playing with a group recently, we tried to down atheon on hard with no success several times because most of my teammates where choking really hard inside the portals to kill oracles...most of them are level 32 with fully upgraded weapons, maybe not VOG weapons, but Crota´s End ones with 331 damage, those should be more than enough, right? or maybe oracle disruptor is actually needed...dunno

I've had success with both the vendor Up For Anything AR a few of the vendor scouts - fang of Ir Yut is good too. Hand Cannons tend to be a bit worse for oracles in my experience.

It's not a primary but Super Good Advice is god-tier for taking out oracles (with the perks unlocked).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom