• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this sounds kind of absurd right now, but...best primary weapon for oracles in atheon hard? i´ve been playing with a group recently, we tried to down atheon on hard with no success several times because most of my teammates where choking really hard inside the portals to kill oracles...most of them are level 32 with fully upgraded weapons, maybe not VOG weapons, but Crota´s End ones with 331 damage, those should be more than enough, right? or maybe oracle disruptor is actually needed...dunno

If they don't have VoG weapons, just use shotguns or fusion rifles.

Most shotguns will kill oracles with one hit, with fusion rifles it can take 2.

Machine guns are good too. Super Good Advice is amazing on oracles.

A pulse or auto rifle with a high RoF is also decent. To kill oracles quickly, you need to start shooting at them the instant they appear, since they gain health the longer they are alive.

Also, the relic user can take out the final 2 oracles with relic bash and relic super. So, the other 2 players just have to focus on killing the first 5 quickly.

milkham

Maybe this sounds kind of absurd right now, but...best primary weapon for oracles in atheon hard? i´ve been playing with a group recently, we tried to down atheon on hard with no success several times because most of my teammates where choking really hard inside the portals to kill oracles...most of them are level 32 with fully upgraded weapons, maybe not VOG weapons, but Crota´s End ones with 331 damage, those should be more than enough, right? or maybe oracle disruptor is actually needed...dunno

i usually go vision of confluence, blackhammer/icebreaker and corrective measure for atheon. I use corrective measure on the oracles and switch to vision if i run out.
if any of you have super good advice you can use that since hitting an oracle counts as a miss so you keep more ammo. i try to use primaries on oracles only as a last resort

2 spots for IB if anyone wants to join.

Which do you think is better for Jolder's Hammer:
Rangefinder, Field Scout, Surplus
Spray and Play, Field Scout, Crowd Control

They are both solar. Want to reroll one of them for a different element.

If either one also has perfect balance in the middle I'd keep that but otherwise just go with Rangefinder. Even without PB I'd probably keep the first one.

Run VoG normal a few times once people start getting Vision of Confluence or the Epilogue, Hard will become a breeze.

amar212

Just rolled about 20 motes on Jolders Hammer.and got it with Counterbalance and Field Scout. Seems like a good combo. Who's Next doesn't seem particularly useful though. Gonna go for broke on a 2nd and see if I can get a great roll.

Edit: Got Rodeo, Field Scout and Grenadier. Seems good enough, I will keep it. Too bad it is Solar, Void would have been perfect.

I bought 3 Hammers in total.

Rolled all 3 to get all 3 elementals with Field Scout perks.

I was lucky, spent less than 30 Motes for that. Now I have Void, Arc and Solar, with Field Scout and various other perks for each.

Even without any stability perk (my void one), it is still a damn beast that chops heads with 2 bullets in MP.

Best shopping I had in last 3 months.

nOoblet16

Use a machine gun for oracles to kill them as soon as they appear.

Scout rifles and Hand canon are very poor choice for them because of slower ROF (oracles gain health the longer they are there) and have a damage penalty against oracles. Still I use a high impact heavy machine gun like Against all odds (or if you have super good advice which is great for oracles) and then switch to my fatebringer for one or two hits near the end when I have to reload. The reason why I don't bother changing fatebringer is because I only have to take one or two shots after my magazine has finished and fatebringer has a damage bonus against oracles because it is a VOG weapon, so you make the first shot and it will do whatever damage it does usually to oracles and will do an additional 450-500 damage which is enough for the finishing blow so I don't bother changing it.

If you use super good advice then you don't have to worry about any of that.

I've had success with both the vendor Up For Anything AR a few of the vendor scouts - fang of Ir Yut is good too. Hand Cannons tend to be a bit worse for oracles in my experience.

It's not a primary but Super Good Advice is god-tier for taking out oracles (with the perks unlocked).

DeathJr said:
If they don't have VoG weapons, just use shotguns or fusion rifles.

Most shotguns will kill oracles with one hit, with fusion rifles it can take 2.

Machine guns are good too. Super Good Advice is amazing on oracles.

A pulse or auto rifle with a high RoF is also decent. To kill oracles quickly, you need to start shooting at them the instant they appear, since they gain health the longer they are alive.

Also, the relic user can take out the final 2 oracles with relic bash and relic super. So, the other 2 players just have to focus on killing the first 5 quickly.

milkham said:
i usually go vision of confluence, blackhammer/icebreaker and corrective measure for atheon. I use corrective measure on the oracles and switch to vision if i run out.
if any of you have super good advice you can use that since hitting an oracle counts as a miss so you keep more ammo. i try to use primaries on oracles only as a last resort

king picollo said:
Run VoG normal a few times once people start getting Vision of Confluence or the Epilogue, Hard will become a breeze.

nOoblet16 said:
Use a machine gun for oracles to kill them as soon as they appear.

Scout rifles and Hand canon are very poor choice for them because of slower ROF (oracles gain health the longer they are there) and have a damage penalty against oracles. Still I use a high impact heavy machine gun like Against all odds (or if you have super good advice which is great for oracles) and then switch to my fatebringer for one or two hits near the end when I have to reload. The reason why I don't bother changing fatebringer is because I only have to take one or two shots after my magazine has finished and fatebringer has a damage bonus against oracles because it is a VOG weapon, so you make the first shot and it will do whatever damage it does usually to oracles and will do an additional 450-500 damage which is enough for the finishing blow so I don't bother changing it.

If you use super good advice then you don't have to worry about any of that.

Thanks for the replies guys, i guess that we should try with pulse / fusion rifle combo plus machinegun, some of them were using shotguns, but some of those fucking oracles wouldn´t die after 2+ shots, it was absurd.

Time to dust off Super Good Advice.

Thanks for the replies guys, i guess that we should try with pulse / fusion rifle combo plus machinegun, some of them were using shotguns, but some of those fucking oracles wouldn´t die after 2+ shots, it was absurd.

One last thing if any of them are hunters, get them to save their golden gun for the Oracle's, it one shots them easy.

nOoblet16

How many hours do you think it will take to get 100 crucible marks on IB train? Need 34 wins and going by DGAF standards, I'd like to think that isn't impossible :p

You get marks even when you lose, extra if you are the top scorer in your team regardless of your team winning or losing.

I know how marks work.

Didn't know about the "extra" marks for top scorer, since when did they implement that?

Not that I'll ever be a top scorer
with the likes of Drizzay, Reaper and Rubenov in the fireteam
:p

milkham

How many hours do you think it will take to get 100 crucible marks on IB train? Need 34 wins and going by DGAF standards, I'd like to think that isn't impossible :p

last time i played with drizzay we won 25 out of 27 matches, not impossible. him and his friends are beasts

Most important thing about killing oracles in the portal is how quickly you start shooting them. If you shoot them as they spawn you will kill them super quick. Killing them as they appear is the most important thing. The weapons your group has should be fine

To clarify, the oracles gain more and more health with time so it's very important to kill them right when they spawn

nOoblet16

I know how marks work.

Didn't know about the "extra" marks for top scorer, since when did they implement that?

Not that I'll ever be a top scorer
with the likes of Drizzay, Reaper and Rubenov in the fireteam
:p

It's 1 extra mark for the top three scorers in both teams.

mocoworm

ADVICE NEEDED

Realistically, If I just got level 2 in Iron Banner (33pts in), can I make level 4 if I put in 3-4hrs tonight? Any advice if so?

ADVICE NEEDED

Realistically, If I just got level 2 in Iron Banner (33pts in), can I make level 4 if I put in 3-4hrs tonight? Any advice if so?
Depends entirely on how good you are (how many bounties you finish) and how lucky you get (how much ass your team sucks).

With at least two IB items (emblem, class item, or shader), and doing at least 4 of the bounties will for sure get you to rank 3 even if you lose every match. The other 2 bounties and a few wins should get you halfway through 3 so I'd say you'll probsbly only be grinding about half a rank.

It's doable. I'm actually in the same boat but I haven't even hit rank two on my Titan yet.

nOoblet16

ADVICE NEEDED

Just the bounties alone would put you near level 3 today. The buff is 150% today and shader, class item and emblem counts for 10% each on top of that. You need 4800 rep to hit level 4. And you get 50 rep for each win.
So today with just the buff you'll be earning 125 rep for each win, put on an emblem for an extra 10% bringing it up to 130 per win. Once you hit level 3, you can buy the shader as well.
Basically go win about 20-25 matches and do as many bounties as possible and you should be close or finished with rank 4 within 4 hours or so.

Black Garden. Ugh. I won't even bother logging on.

Bloodborne unlocks in 18 hours (US store), right?

Tomorrow's weekly reset will be interesting. How many will still be here at reset?

Shito

Incredible. I'm going to try that fancy jump from lamp 2 later tonight
You didn't know about the lamp jump? It's a really easy way to get through the abyss solo. Just know that it takes a little practice getting it to work, and sometimes it just won't work for no good reason whatsoever. ^^
Also, after that, there's an easier and more secure path to take if you want, like demonstrated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-5tZwdly2o
The guy in the speedrun video is following the lamps because he wants to make it fast, but if you just want to get it done safely, use this method instead. :)

Silav101

Black Garden. Ugh. I won't even bother logging on.

Bloodborne unlocks in 18 hours (US store), right?

Tomorrow's weekly reset will be interesting. How many will still be here at reset?

EU dgaf should be around. Bloodborne unlocks at midnight the 25th in the EU.

I am definitely going for broke with 3x nightfall, 3x nm and hopefully 3x hm crota at reset.

When i get home from work, anyways.

Incredible. I'm going to try that fancy jump from lamp 2 later tonight

I had no idea that jump was a thing. Jesus christ, that makes it look so easy.

Also, that Ballerhorn, Fatebringer, Black Hammer and copious amounts of heavy synth make me feel so bad.

EDIT: Jesus christ, that rocket he fires at his feet right after the deathsinger made me cringe. Almost neutered his run right then and there. :lol

Shito

Knew there had to be a catch. Still worth a shot, though.
After a while, you start to get the feel for it.
It's a great way to get easy mats, or the gloves if you're missing them, or the oversoul edict. You need to adapt your strategy to the class you're using for the ogre at the end when doing it on hard, though.

It's a great way to get easy mats, or the gloves if you're missing them, or the oversoul edict. You need to adapt your strategy to the class you're using for the ogre at the end when doing it on hard, though.

Seeing that guy's video mainly made me realize I need to get some HM Templar going for a chance to drop that Fatebringer. So purdy.

Either that, or a good 331 Hand Cannon like Word of Crota. The only one I have now is The Devil You Don't, and leveling it up to unlock Field Scout is incredibly tedious, especially when my fully levelled TDYK packs a better punch.

Oh, but it seems it releases here in Europe on Wednesday!?
Was it changed? I swear I've seen it was on Friday, which is the usual release day for games for us here...

It's 25th for me too (AU) but I mostly buy from US store since my main account is US and AU store is always overpriced.

Bloodborne EU/AU has always been 25th afaik.

Shito

It's 25th for me too (AU) but I mostly buy from US store since my main account is US and AU store is always overpriced.

Bloodborne EU/AU has always been 25th afaik.
I always use gamefaqs for release dates (because they are presented in a pretty pretty way ^^), and it states the 27th.
Wikipedia says 25th for Europe, and 27th for UK, which might explain things. Good thing I'm not living in the UK, then! <3

I don't even bother killing the ogre when I'm solo'ing on hard.

I run all the way with mida.
Invisibility for hunter, Bubble for titan and Self-res for warlock while bridge is forming.

Shito

I don't even bother killing the ogre when I'm solo'ing on hard.

I run all the way with mida.
Invisibility for hunter, Bubble for titan and Self-res for warlock while bridge is forming.
Do you have enough time with the warlock to just self-res?
When I was doing it to get my Oversoul Edict, I had to use Patience and Time first to buy me enough time afterwards for the self-res to work.

Make sure the special perk is unlocked, one that returns missed bullets. SGA is a true oracle/oversoul buster even though the game doesn't tell you that.

nOoblet16

Something I've been wondering, has anyone ever noticed that mulligan perk working ?
I almost always use a Blackhammer in raids and I've never seen it work.

Shito

Something I've been wondering, has anyone ever noticed that mulligan perk working ?
I almost always use a Blackhammer in raids and I've never seen it work.
I've seen it work on other weapons.
Just got Black Hammer yesterday, though, so can't comment on this specific one, but since it already has a broken perk, I wouldn't be surprised to learn mulligan is also botched...

Morning dgaf!

Flawless Raid Video from twitch from last night for those that asked. Playback starts during the actual success run. Many shenanigans and laughs, and very questionable close calls on my part during the deathsinger :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HnhXYp6t48Y#t=4076

BTW, Macello I saw those videos you shared this morning.... that Knight was complete BS lol.....
So jealous :( none of mh team can be arsed and always cheese the bridge which requires death, then the wipe agterwards to make sure the run for chest is ok..
then death singer they wip to get rid of the mobs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom