• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so bad.
Relax, take a pause once a cutscene hits, it doesn't matter much really. They are not that long, plus you can get to 20 without playing all the missions.

I'm level 18 And I don't wanna finish those last 2 levels because the pain and suffering I'd have to go through

that should tell you alot

noomi

I always said I would delete one of my hunters and create a titan once I got the hawkmoon, but... I just can't do it :/

Maybe after I get some house of wolves gear...

I'm officially on Bloodborne hype mode until tonight, but I just need 900 rep to hit rank 5 in Iron Banner. I hope I can squeeze in an hour to knock this out today. Would be very disappointing to miss it.

I always said I would delete one of my hunters and create a titan once I got the hawkmoon, but... I just can't do it :/

With ~2 months to go, no reason not to make the Titan, you will be able to get it up to speed quickly.

rNilla

I kind of want to delete my Warlock and make a second Hunter. For now I'm waiting to see how the vault space update shakes out so I don't have to delete a bunch of gear. I doubt I'll ever go through with it though.

RetroMG

I wish I was kidding

it's a Warlock, I like warlocks. But having to level him to 20 and then deal with the fact that he's not a fire warlock is painful

It's not your first character, right? Shouldn't you be able to level to 20 as a Fire warlock, then turn around and do void? I did that on my Titan. Did all the leveling as Defender, then switched to Striker after.

Lnkn52

I'm having more fun playing with my Titan than with my Warlocks. But I won't delete my 2nd warlock until I have purple engrams for a hunter.

I kind of want to delete my Warlock and make a second Hunter. For now I'm waiting to see how the vault space update shakes out so I don't have to delete a bunch of gear. I doubt I'll ever go through with it though.

You'll regret it when there is new Warlock Exotic gear in HoW and your inner Pokemon starts to itch.

It's not your first character, right? Shouldn't you be able to level to 20 as a Fire warlock, then turn around and do void? I did that on my Titan. Did all the leveling as Defender, then switched to Striker after.

I like Void more though, but I realize that in order to be 'competitive' in PVE I have to be fire because of the self rez ability. Hindrance to my team otherwise if I go Void.

Silav101

Can't wait to get back home, play iron banner, and get killed by Felwinters again!

Sadly, every single bit of that statement is factually true.

I wish I was kidding

it's a Warlock, I like warlocks. But having to level him to 20 and then deal with the fact that he's not a fire warlock is painful
You don't have to wait to level alt subclasses. You could have switched to Sunsinger immediately.

I can still collect Warlock gear without actually having a Warlock though.
Very true, the only reason I started a Hunter was because I had a full set of Legendary gear and some Exotics that I got through drops.

rNilla

Also, unskippable cutscenes are a cardinal sin of video games, especially one that is intended to be replayed to infinity and beyond. Are there ways around this? Yes. Does that make it any less unacceptable? No.

noomi

With ~2 months to go, no reason not to make the Titan, you will be able to get it up to speed quickly.

I'm having more fun playing with my Titan than with my Warlocks. But I won't delete my 2nd warlock until I have purple engrams for a hunter.

Hmmm..... maybe, just maybe. I'll still have 2 hunters to run through house of wolves for quick gear grabs just incase. I just don't know if I have it in my to level another toon from scratch. If one of you wanted to maybe level side by side, I would probably be more inclined to do it.

nOoblet16

I wish I was kidding

Well except for the first time, I despised 1-20 and I have done it four times now (deleted my dupe for a titan). But there are things you can do to make it better, there are things you can do to also level your subclass together so that you have a lot of stuff unlocked for both class once you hit 20.

Basically you have to level up to 3-4 and then play crucible/patrol to get up til level 10. Then play story missions on hard mode (which will be easy for your character). Use the bounties to level up your second subclass that you aren't using (this is important, both to make sure you have a lot of stuff unlocked by the time you hit 20 so that you can keep switching back and forth at will and to make sure you don't feel terrible which upgrading the second subclass from scratch after upgrading the first subclass completely).

If you have a buddy that has got nothing to do and is playing destiny then ask him/her to just help you level up by carrying you through a few missions. Basically level 18-20 takes no time at all.

There's always crucible to break the tediousness.

Lnkn52

Hmmm..... maybe, just maybe. I'll still have 2 hunters to run through house of wolves for quick gear grabs just incase. I just don't know if I have it in my to level another toon from scratch. If one of you wanted to maybe level side by side, I would probably be more inclined to do it.

That's probably when I'll delete my second warlock after I get one of them to the new light level. Have something to do until new content arrives.

You don't have to wait to level alt subclasses. You could have switched to Sunsinger immediately.

Yeah but I like void..

Well except for the first time, I despised 1-20 and I have done it four times now (deleted my dupe for a titan). But there are things you can do to make it better, there are things you can do to also level your subclass together so that you have a lot of stuff unlocked for both class once you hit 20.

Basically you have to level up to 3-4 and then play crucible/patrol to get up til level 10. Then play story missions on hard mode (which will be easy for your character). Use the bounties to level up your second subclass that you aren't using (this is important, both to make sure you have a lot of stuff unlocked by the time you hit 20 so that you can keep switching back and forth at will and to make sure you don't feel terrible which upgrading the second subclass from scratch after upgrading the first subclass completely).

Yeah, I can do that but then it'll feel like I'm grinding alot and I'll stop playing

it's weird

I hate destiny but I don't hate it

I like Void more though, but I realize that in order to be 'competitive' in PVE I have to be fire because of the self rez ability. Hindrance to my team otherwise if I go Void.

You can just play as a voidwalker. Nobody cares. Other than being able to cheese a few parts, voidwalker is a perfectly fine option for anything.

nOoblet16

Yeah, I can do that but then it'll feel like I'm grinding alot and I'll stop playing
Well what are you doing now then ? It's grinding too just the more inefficient way that takes longer. Also by levelling up both sub class side by side you keep things a bit varied because you can switch play style.

You can just play as a voidwalker. Nobody cares. Other than being able to cheese a few parts, voidwalker is a perfectly fine option for anything.

Well what are you doing now then ? It's grinding too just the more inefficient way that takes longer. Also by levelling up both sub class side by side you keep things a bit varied because you can switch play style.

I guessss I'll do it tonight while watching netflix tonight since there's nothing to do on my Titan anyhow.

Hit the Crucible and never look back. Do just the minimum in story missions (Earth and Moon) to do the super easy bounties. Bounties are by far the most efficient use of your time when grinding to level 20. It goes faster than you think.

rNilla

You could probably talk me into this if Bloodborne wasn't coming out tomorrow. Who knows, there still might be an opportunity somewhere in the long lull before HoW.

Homeboyd

Woah..... that was amazing. How the hell did that guy get up there so high... I don't even know where he is.
You can get way higher than that. In fact, if you look from Crota's stage back towards the crystal room you can actually get up as high as the geometry extends. High enough to actually go back to the bridge phase. It's an awesome view up there. You can see the abyss tunnel (where you run into the light to start the next cp) just floating in mid-air. It's easy enough to jump up and over the rocks/etc to make it back down to the bridge section (bring a titan).

To get there, you have to make a series of jumps starting from crota's platform up the left cliff face. From there you make it up on top of the left boomer tower, etc..

This video shows the basics. I do it a little different, but same result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDceb5TNqnU

It's an incredible view up there and would definitely recommend checking it out in-game.

Shirow

Banned
Hey is anyone planning on doing a flawless raid or HM crota today? Sadly I missed the last flawless. I'm just some radiant shards away from 32 on my warlock and almost got everything needed to hit 32 on my hunter but I need shards for him too.

Rehsa

Finally buckled down and leveled the IB chest piece I got Tuesday, now all toons are 32! Hunter is the only one with a couple options for 32 right now.

First character made and maxed:
wJquAzx.jpg

Second Character:
9FwXnvT.jpg

Third Character:
2TKBHbu.jpg

Finally buckled down and leveled the IB chest piece I got Tuesday, now all toons are 32! Hunter is the only one with a couple options for 32 now.

Third Character:
2TKBHbu.jpg

Congrats, I just got to 32 on all toons too. Feels good.

I was dogging the Titan chest piece yesterday, thought it looked terrible, but it is baller as fuck with that shader. Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom