• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone explain to me how the Glimmer Farms work?

AFAIK, the raids didn't yield any XP or glimmer from enemy kills, even when a glimmer boost item was active. Am I missing something?

The Vex majors at the Gatekeepers section drop consumables and glimmer. Activate blue polyphage and farm away. Takes about 30 minutes to cap out 25k.

ethomaz

Banned
I didn't know that you could have players sit outside at the entrance of the hellmouth while one player solo's the Abyss...that's hilarious.

Also, who got chased by a bear in New York?
That is how we worked on Flawless because we have always a death in the jump part... so it is better just the solo guy jump :p

:( at least there is Bloodborne to fit the lack of things to do in Destiny.

GutZ31

AFAIK, the raids didn't yield any XP or glimmer from enemy kills, even when a glimmer boost item was active. Am I missing something?

Only at the Gatekeeper checkpoint, right before Atheon can you gain exp and glimmer from the yellow health bar(majors/ultras) enemies in the raid.
Similarly, after defeating the Death singer in Crotas End, the yellow healthbar knights will give glimmer, but its pretty bad waste of time to get glimmer.

noomi

Well I'm back from a travel over the weekend.

What happened since Friday on Destiny world?

Didn't really miss much of anything, bunch of IB trains and.... I got's me my flawless raider trophy :D haha!

I didn't know that you could have players sit outside at the entrance of the hellmouth while one player solo's the Abyss...that's hilarious.

Also, who got chased by a bear in New York?

LMFAO! That was me actually, and it was when I lived in Poland like 25 years ago. My family had traveled to Slovakia for the weekend, and my dad took us out for a stroll late at night... bear was there! haha

Nevermind that story though, the best was Macello singing California Love.

If I start a Warlock today, about how long until she'll be ready for serious loot opportunities (first being VoG NM I Guess)? I have no legendary Lock gear.

Also, if there's anyone who hasn't done Deathsinger on HM for an exotic chance, I would like to try.

Deathsinger only drops loot once. That's why no one does DS on hard. It's pointless.

You need to be 23 to enter normal VoG.
27 to enter hard VoG.
27 for normal Crota.
30 for hard Crota.
27 for nightfall.
21 for lvl 24 weekly. 25 for lvl28 weekly. 27 for lvl30 weekly.

You can get to 25 with just blue gear from ROC strikes. ROC gear is better because max light on blues is 21 as opposed to most engrams that will convert to only 15 light.

Get to 20. Equip whatever blues you have, should take you to 23 or 24. Grind RoC strikes and do normal VoG till you get to 27. Level up vanguard to rank 2 so you can buy at least one piece of 31 armor.

At 27, do nightfall, weekly, and normal CE. Buy whatever exotic Xur sells on friday.

LMFAO! That was me actually, and it was when I lived in Poland like 25 years ago. My family had traveled to Slovakia for the weekend, and my dad took us out for a stroll late at night... bear was there! haha

Haha glad nothing happened...

How dare you use Word of Crota instead of Fatebringer!

Rehsa

Didn't really miss much of anything, bunch of IB trains and.... I got's me my flawless raider trophy :D haha!

Congrats on the flawless! I still need that one

v Lol that is awesome

ICON-VII

Neo Member
Thanks for the help last night man, we have ascended! Was actually pretty damn fun! Hah, I can't stand hearing my voice on recordings I swear I sound like a teenager... I'm almost 30 :p

For sure! It was incredibly stressful for me and I didn't want to be the one to let anyone down. Personal highlights for me:

• Macello being the first to die
  • Getting my hopes legitimately up when Rubenov died and someone said hold up I can save this (and then seeing tea bagging instead)
  • Pre-Raid danceoff
Good Times.

Thanks, guys. Good to know about Legendary Armor engrams. Didn't think of that.

And thanks for info on getting into raids, etc. Guess I can start a little sooner than I thought.

Feel a little late to be making new characters after seeing people post 3 32s. Oh well. Better late than never.

So for CE, basically you have 1 chance at DS and 2 at Crota for exotics. I could get armor for doing the other 3 parts on HM but no more exotic chances. Right?

Feeling less and less like a newb everyday . . .

noomi

Congrats.... you and the team ;)

Congrats on the flawless! I still need that one

v Lol that is awesome

Thanks guys :D

Haha glad nothing happened...

How dare you use Word of Crota instead of Fatebringer!

Yeah me too lol! Fatebringer as much as I love.... the word of crota
I like just a wee bit more, dat RoF

For sure! It was incredibly stressful for me and I didn't want to be the one to let anyone down. Personal highlights for me:

• Getting my hopes legitimately up when Rubenov died and someone said hold up I can save this (and then seeing tea bagging instead)
  • Pre-Raid danceoff
Good Times.

hahahaha! I'm so glad it's all on video!

Aaaaaand here it is in gif form and all of its glory! muahahaha!

*Rubenov Dies*
Macello: "Wait, Wait! I CAN SAVE HIM!"
*teabags*
*everyone runs over*
*multiple teabags*

C1JjPDy.gif

Yeah me too lol! Fatebringer as much as I love.... the word of crota
I like just a wee bit more, dat RoF

That is why the Gatekeeper was aggro on you, and you nearly died 3 times. You insulted him by using WoC. :p

Also, your video is glitched around the 28 minute mark for 6 minutes.

noomi

That is why the Gatekeeper was aggro on you, and you nearly died 3 times. You insulted him by using WoC. :p

Also, your video is glitched around the 28 minute mark for 6 minutes.

Yeah I noticed that as well, there are a few other glitches in the video later on as well, around the 1hr 30min mark. Not sure what causes that, happens to me almost every time when videos get archived on twitch... shame :/

Thanks, guys. Good to know about Legendary Armor engrams. Didn't think of that.

And thanks for info on getting into raids, etc. Guess I can start a little sooner than I thought.

Feel a little late to be making new characters after seeing people post 3 32s. Oh well. Better late than never.

So for CE, basically you have 1 chance at DS and 2 at Crota for exotics. I could get armor for doing the other 3 parts on HM but no more exotic chances. Right?

Feeling less and less like a newb everyday . . .

Honestly, once you get your raids and nightfalls in on your character, starting alts is one of the best uses of your time. With things slowing down now while we wait for HoW, now's a good time to catch up. Leveling up is so much faster now than it was before CE, where you could be stuck at 29 for months.

Yeah I noticed that as well, there are a few other glitches in the video later on as well, around the 1hr 30min mark. Not sure what causes that, happens to me almost every time when videos get archived on twitch... shame :/

Yes, again @ 58 minutes for 6 minutes. Not enough memory to buffer video I guess.

Impala26

The Vex majors at the Gatekeepers section drop consumables and glimmer. Activate blue polyphage and farm away. Takes about 30 minutes to cap out 25k.

Only at the Gatekeeper checkpoint, right before Atheon can you gain exp and glimmer from the yellow health bar(majors/ultras) enemies in the raid.
Similarly, after defeating the Death singer in Crotas End, the yellow healthbar knights will give glimmer, but its pretty bad waste of time to get glimmer.

Ah okay, just did my first raid on Saturday, so I was trying to get a feel for things.

Are these enemies in the main Vault room continuously respawning before you kill the Gatekeeper? or after? Or are these found in either "time variants" of the main room without killing the respective gatekeeper inside?

Ah okay, just did my first raid on Saturday, so I was trying to get a feel for things.

Are these enemies in the main Vault room continuously respawning before you kill the Gatekeeper? or after? Or are these found in either "time variants" of the main room without killing the respective gatekeeper inside?

It's before you kill the gate keeper outside to start it. You rotate around the map killing the yellow enemies, then wipe and start over.

You don't kill the gatekeeper. You just farm the majors. I think there are 15 of them.

Activate glimmer boost. Kill all majors. Wipe. Repeat.

Look up a video on youtube to get the idea. Get a super chain going and you'll be a farming pro in no time.

Rubenov

• Pre-Raid danceoff
Good Times.

I had a moment of hope as well... then I saw my orb getting tea-bagged and my heart sunk :(

• Pre-Raid danceoff
Good Times.
I was invisible, the knight was swinging at you, fool!

phen0m24

The thing that wasn't mentioned below is that you need to bring friends. Here's why.

Kill a yellow bar with a super? 4 orbs.
Kill 2? 8 orbs.

So if the group stays together and collects orbs and uses supers on the majors, you'll collect the glimmer and orbs fast. A void walker, gun slinger and a Striker Titan together are loads of fun. 692 (I think) of glimmer about every 30 seconds. You kill the majors, jump off the ledge and start over.

hahahaha! I'm so glad it's all on video!

Aaaaaand here it is in gif form and all of its glory! muahahaha!

*Rubenov Dies*
Macello: "Wait, Wait! I CAN SAVE HIM!"
*teabags*
*everyone runs over*
*multiple teabags*

Haha amazing.

Also, thumbs up for Classic Rock! All day every day!

3 hunters and 3 titans. No room for cheeselocks on flawless :p

Rehsa

I'd probably pick up a couple chest pieces and a Jolders or two. Probably gonna skip it though. Feeling burnt out on Destiny pretty hard and crucible was always pretty so-so for me.
I'm debating trying for rank 4 after work from scratch (lol) for the Warlock chest piece, looks pretty good

I'd probably pick up a couple chest pieces and a Jolders or two. Probably gonna skip it though. Feeling burnt out on Destiny pretty hard and crucible was always pretty so-so for me.

Ah that gotcha. Jolders Hammer is arguably the best Legendary MG in the game but I don't blame you for not wanting to grind it out.

SkylineRKR

wow, just won like 10 games in a row with randoms. Which is a first to me. Yesterday it was like 1 win out of 4 games.

I'm Rank 5 without really grinding, started friday nite. Yesterday I played the most, about 4 hours. All I played for after I got Jolder is Felwinter and Gheleon though, saw them drop in like 6 games in a row... not for me though. Only a fucking ship.

I'm thinking about the Hunter chest piece. I like IB design (except for the gloves which he doesn't offer now).

Ghazi

Dont know whether to try and grind IB for Warlock boots or hope that Crota finally gives me them
You can get to rank three pretty quickly today, but CE will take less time to do. You can probably do both, no rng about the boots in IB, though.

ethomaz

Banned
Dont know whether to try and grind IB for Warlock boots or hope that Crota finally gives me them
I don't even remember when I started to hope Crota give me Black Hammer... well I still hope.

I think I'm just gonna roll with some light crucible today, thorn/hawkmoon are just too good not to.
Hankmoon is a blast... I kill even snipers before he hits me... two headshots and death... the people get crazy how fast they die... the only think better than Hankmoon on Crucible is a good MG.

Ryck

Seven people on my FL playing Destiny. Easily the least amount of people I've seen playing the game in a very long time.

Gonna do the weekly heroic if anyone needs it join on me. (Currently in the tower)

Ryck007

HigXx

I think we've finally hit the point where theres nothing really keeping anyone playing. HoW should have been released about now. Loss of players is only going to get worse with games like Bloodborne coming out

noomi

So close to reset, normal mode deathsinger + crota tomorrow morning with the reset gang....

Everything I guess can wait cause you know....Bloodborne and all :p

*edit*

Obligatory Top Page Post:

C1JjPDy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom