• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is not good at the Crucible and doesn't play it at all, I can't comprehend how you guys play it often. The prevalence of Blink and the bullshit Blink shotgun is infuriating. Seriously how is this in a multiplayer game. After about two games, I was done.

Blink is so damn stupid.

Heart is racing! Finally finished the PVP portion of the Thorn bounty. Been sitting on the bounty for months; never been much of a PVPer so was dreading entering the Crucible.

It took 810 kills to get the job done, with Atheon's Epilogue, Secret Handshake, and my beloved MG18A. Today I got 22 kills in a single match, which is an insane improvement over my first few matches.

Now I just need to kill Xyor and Thorn will be mine.

After all that - I have to say that I love Control. Playing these matches revitalized my love of Destiny. Of course, in 23 minutes, I'm leaving it for Bloodborne :)

Ruthless just told me that the best way to farm the Gorgon chest is to do it once on Normal and once on Hard for 2 exotic chances. On the other hand, he said Deathsinger gives only chance, so there's no point repeating it.

What other things should I be doing to maximize my chances at the best drops for the 2 raids?

What's the deal with Atheon and Crota exactly (in terms of drops)?

Normal Gorgon
Hard Gorgon
Normal Atheon
Hard Atheon
Normal Deathsinger
Normal Crota
Hard Crota
Nightfall

These are your exotic chances each week, multiply by the number of eligible characters you have.

This excludes Xur and any legendary engrams you find that may decrypt into exotics.

This is old news. Still funny though.

Frostburn

i'm about to do the GK on hard for glimmer farming. if we can find some more people, then we can maybe complete GK/Atheon on hard...

Just a heads up trying to farm glimmer on HM gatekeepers just puts you at a disadvantage because it's tougher. Same amount of glimmer per run is possible but the hobs can kill you even faster on HM.

Just a heads up trying to farm glimmer on HM gatekeepers just puts you at a disadvantage because it's tougher. Same amount of glimmer per run is possible but the hobs can kill you even faster on HM.
oh, good point... hmm... i guess i'll have to forgo. i want to keep the normal Gorgon's overnight.

Rehsa

It really sucks when you have the most kills on your team and you are winning the majority of the match just to lose at the end by a couple hundred points, fucking randoms

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
At this point I am keeping all my dropped legendary gear too because I'm not compelled to get rid of them with already have close to 700 shards. This is why vault space is a must. This isn't a vault, this is more like a gym locker.

LTWood12

Rolled an arc jolder's hammer w/ aggressive ballistics, rodeo, hammer forged, and reactive reload.

Rolled solar Felwinters lie w/ aggressive, final round, hammer forged, and shot package.

Not a bad haul for putting in 6 hours. Plus I had a good time. Hope those are good rolls, because I'm out of motes.

Saw the little pop up while playing that I can now play Bloodborne. But I guess I'll go to bed.

Lima

Was getting all ready to play BB and then saw that it only releases tomorrow here in EU. Why is this still a thing? I have it pre ordered digitally. Just ducking give it to me. Well I guess that means I could play some Destiny today.

Rolled an arc jolder's hammer w/ aggressive ballistics, rodeo, hammer forged, and reactive reload.

Rolled solar Felwinters lie w/ aggressive, final round, hammer forged, and shot package.

Not a bad haul for putting in 6 hours. Plus I had a good time. Hope those are good rolls, because I'm out of motes.

Saw the little pop up while playing that I can now play Bloodborne. But I guess I'll go to bed.

Your Felwinters is basically perfect. I've wasted 40 Motes trying to get that roll with only ~10 left to keep trying... The Jolders would definitely be better with Field Scout but it's still pretty good otherwise.

I would already be playing BB but my pre-load couldn't download because the hard drive was full of Destiny videos... smh ;_:

Any last minute Crota/Atheon runs?

Seems unlikely given the blistering OT pace right now... but if anyone wants to do some reset raid stuff we should have at least 1, maybe 2 spots open. Probably just do some quick NM DS+Crota 3x and maybe HM Crota and/or NFalls 3x. Might grab the Gorgons and go to Atheon 3x if people are up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom