• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

There's a fuckton of Exotics I'm still missing. Obviously Ballerhorn is #1 on my list, but I've basically given up hope at this point.
Ok, yeah, it looked a lot like it was the Horn. I had that same desesperation before getting mine.
Not going to tell you that giving up hope is the key to loot one, as it's all just random in the end. "Keep trying" is the best advice, really. ^^

RemiLP

So what are the challanges of killing crota? is it pretty much only the guy with the sword that does anything hard?

Iv killed crota a few times on normal and 1 time on hard. First time i did hard, we did it on first attempt. Tryed 3-4 times with different groups since then, and have not been able to kill him since.

Is it all because of good/bad sword guys? can the rest of the team screw up? I mean, all we do is jump to the middle, kill the sword bearer, set up a bubble and fire rockets. Seem to me that killing crota is on one guys shoulders alone.

Ok, yeah, it looked a lot like it was the Horn. I had that same desesperation before getting mine.
Not going to tell you that giving up hope is the key to loot one, as it's all just random in the end. "Keep trying" is the best advice, really. ^^

Truth. I've just hit a bit of an RNG dry spell the last few weeks. Only exotic drops are stuff I already have or fucking No Land Beyond. Other than that, I'll get shards or bullshit I don't need. It's disheartening.

Coupled with rampant connection errors, I'm starting to feel the burnout. Good thing I've got a busy week ahead of me, cutting down Destiny time will do me good.

So what are the challanges of killing crota? is it pretty much only the guy with the sword that does anything hard?

Iv killed crota a few times on normal and 1 time on hard. First time i did hard, we did it on first attempt. Tryed 3-4 times with different groups since then, and have not been able to kill him since.

Is it all because of good/bad sword guys? can the rest of the team screw up? I mean, all we do is jump to the middle, kill the sword bearer, set up a bubble and fire rockets. Seem to me that killing crota is on one guys shoulders alone.

Like pretty much everything in this game, it's down to luck. Crota can glitch out, stand up and swipe the swordbearer before he has a chance to react.

bitsurugi

OMG THUNDERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!!!! Finally, after non stop playing for 6 months the game gave me my last exotic!

I can't believe it's a coincidence, just as when i decided to call it a break for BloodBorne release!

Bungie knows and it's all a scheme to suck me back in! I know it!

943183655d1251016823-happy-birthday-stormtraxx-very-nice-how-much-borat_great_success

Hey DestinyGAF, why do you always do everything (W, NF, VoG, Crota) on the day of the reset?
Then I'm left ForeverAlone.jpg on weekends. ;_;

:D

OMG THUNDERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!!!! Finally, after non stop playing for 6 months the game gave me my last exotic!

I can't believe it's a coincidence, just as when i decided to call it a break for BloodBorne release!

Nice, congrats. Thunderlord is beast on arc nightfalls.

noomi

Just realized I now have every Exotic armor and every weapon except Thunderlord.

sorry man, but it will come one day... who knows when, I have my fingers crossed for you!

BITSURUGI!!!!!! Awesome man! I'm really honestly happy for you :) I just wish I could have been there for it.

Congrats!

Shito

Truth. I've just hit a bit of an RNG dry spell the last few weeks. Only exotic drops are stuff I already have or fucking No Land Beyond. Other than that, I'll get shards or bullshit I don't need. It's disheartening.

Coupled with rampant connection errors, I'm starting to feel the burnout. Good thing I've got a busy week ahead of me, cutting down Destiny time will do me good.
Yep, best thing to do in that case is to stop trying so hard and put the game on the backburner. That way, bad loots will hurt less, and spending some days not playing it between resets will make you happy coming back to it.
And yeah, luck does seem to have its periods: after a long while only getting dupes, I got my first Horn and my first Black Hammer in a bit more than a week. I now expect to either get Thunderlord this week, or nothing at all for the next two months. :D

GhaleonEB

Did the daily with my Hunter stealth build: Don't Touch Me gantlets, blink strike, camo on crouch. With Universal Remote as the primary.

That was pretty awesome. So many beefy yellow bar dudes fell to one or two shots. I went invisible so often they were going nuts. Hit me? I'm gone. I hit you? I'm gone. I step around a corner? See ya later!

Deku Tree

Did the daily with my Hunter stealth build: Don't Touch Me gantlets, blink strike, camo on crouch. With Universal Remote as the primary.

That was pretty awesome. So many beefy yellow bar dudes fell to one or two shots. I went invisible so often they were going nuts. Hit me? I'm gone. I hit you? I'm gone. I step around a corner? See ya later!

That is my regular Hunter build. Love it.

ich00

Universal remote went from my first and least favorite exotic to one I am using a lot for PVE content. That hunter set-up sounds like it would be fun to run around with. I use it for soloing the Abyss, now might have to give it a go on the dailys.

GhaleonEB

Universal remote went from my first and least favorite exotic to one I am using a lot for PVE content. That hunter set-up sounds like it would be fun to run around with. I use it for soloing the Abyss, now might have to give it a go on the dailys.

Yeah, using shotguns wasn't viable before the last update, but they're a lot of fun now. This mission is a good mix of close quarters combat, lower enemy count (Cabal), and no Lightswitch active. Perfect for a shotty stealth build.

One spot open for NF.

I'll hop back on and join you. Just demolished the weekly with a couple randoms, went really well.

Dave_6

943183655d1251016823-happy-birthday-stormtraxx-very-nice-how-much-borat_great_success

Huge congrats man! You got the last exotic I want that hasn't dropped for me, and I want it BADLY. The exact reason, even with me getting BB today, that I will be looking to raid and/or run NFs tonight. I WANT IT.

Rehsa

Forgive me if this is old, but I just read that Maggie on the Walking Dead is the voice of the Stranger.

This game has a pretty deep voice cast. I like it a lot ;)

And the creator of the TWD plays Destiny with his son, unless they moved to BB as well

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/18/8242349/why-the-walking-deads-creator-loves-playing-destiny-and-steers-clear

And look at all this action going on, wish I was off of work. It will be nothing but LFG left by the time I get home :/

Homeboyd

Took me so long to get my Thunderlord too. Such a good feeling getting that drop! Enjoy it man. Thing is a beast and it dropped on a good week for you too.

Max that thing out right now!

NF gave me 12 ass energies. How? See this is why once Bloodborne is delivered today I won't be on as much. .

Still need to do 2 more NF, and 3 HM Crotas

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the help guys.

As usual NF is crap. This game loves giving me the Vanquisher and Secret Handshake. Between them two I had at least five drops of each.

Fang, P&T and my Arc Vale made quick work of Phogoth.

Thanks for the help guys.

As usual NF is crap. This game loves giving me the Vanquisher and Secret Handshake. Between them two I had at least five drops of each.

Fang, P&T and my Arc Vale made quick work of Phogoth.

likewise, i got 10 SC, and 2 legendary weapons...

My bad I saw 6 in the party so i joined another group.

Ah, I think some folks were hanging out that weren't actually gonna keep playing. No worries, we had 1 wipe across the 3 kills so it wasn't a big deal. 4-6 people for that fight makes very little difference if they're all experienced.

. Thinking about going with a 2 TB hybrid drive.

I just bought one. Going to try and install it now, seems easy enough. Sad that I couldn't record the video of killing the first BB boss...

. Seem to me that killing crota is on one guys shoulders alone.

Pretty much, yeah. Make sure sword guy is a Hunter that knows how to use invis properly so that the shield breaks don't have to be timed very precisely. The only other "challenge" is getting lucky enough that bullshit glitches and lag don't wipe the runs (sword disappears, Scrota kills sword guy when he shouldn't etc).

OMG THUNDERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!!!!

Nice! Congrats buddy, glad you got the excitement of the drop before if/when Xur sells it. Another week of no-go for me but BB will dry my tears

LifEndz

Really kicking myself for not buying suros back when xur still sold it and destroying that husk of the Pitt. I have two bleeping Cruxs and those are the only two I'm missing!

phen0m24

Ah, I think some folks were hanging out that weren't actually gonna keep playing. No worries, we had 1 wipe across the 3 kills so it wasn't a big deal. 4-6 people for that fight makes very little difference if they're all experienced.

I just bought one. Going to try and install it now, seems easy enough. Sad that I couldn't record the video of killing the first BB boss...

Drizzy! Samsung M9T? I was thinking about ordering one but it's not hybrid, right? The speed is nice on the Seagate 1TB SSHD I have now.

stb

Unless BB has claimed too many of us, is the usual crew down for a repeat of last week's agenda?

9 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest (which CPs do we have? NM? HM? Both) 3x (or 6x if we have or can get both CP)
- 2x full NM CE
- 1x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)

Dave_6

Unless BB has claimed too many of us, is the usual crew down for a repeat of last week's agenda?

9 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest (which CPs do we have? NM? HM? Both) 3x (or 6x if we have or can get both CP)
- 2x full NM CE

3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)

I have BB arriving via Amazon but I'm gladly still in. Need that Thunderlord! (and the CE Titan helm)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I did 3x DS + Crota normal + 3x Hard + 3x NFs + 3x Normal and Hard gorgons and just have a Suros Regime and Knucklehead Radar to show for it.

Another week with no Horn. *Sigh*

Frostburn

9 PM Eastern:
- 2x full NM CE

3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)

I'm still down if you need a replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom