• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did 3x DS + Crota normal + 3x Hard + 3x NFs + 3x Normal and Hard gorgons and just have a Suros Regime and Knucklehead Radar to show for it.

Another week with no Horn. *Sigh*
i may be able to commiserate with you.
did 3 NF and nothing of note dropped.
i did get a Crux to drop in the one HM Crota i joined. i get a sense that g'horn isn't in the cards this week. *shrug*

LTWood12

Unless BB has claimed too many of us, is the usual crew down for a repeat of last week's agenda?

9 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest (which CPs do we have? NM? HM? Both) 3x (or 6x if we have or can get both CP)
- 2x full NM CE
- 1x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)

I have BB arriving via Amazon but I'm gladly still in. Need that Thunderlord! (and the CE Titan helm)

I'm still down if you need a replacement!

Me and T-44 will be rocking some Nightfalls and CE this evening (even w/ Bloodborne sitting on my hard drive waiting).Glad to play w/ any of ya'll if the friends list is sparse this evening.

HiredN00bs got shards. :\
Bungie REALLY needs to update the rewards for Nightfalls. Materials should absolutely not be the only thing you get after completion. At least some Legendary Engrams if that's the roll (which would probably be more shards, lololol), but just getting Ascendant Materials has been an insulting reward for quite some time now.

3 NF turned into all trash rewards. I feel as if Bungie tweaked the loot drop even more. All I need is the Mida and Crux though. Hoping to do 3x HM Crota either tonight or tomorrow

Bungie REALLY needs to update the rewards for Nightfalls. Materials should absolutely not be the only thing you get after completion. At least some Legendary Engrams if that's the roll (which would probably be more shards, lololol), but just getting Ascendant Materials has been an insulting reward for quite some time now.
for seasoned players such as ourselves, yes, it is. but for newbs, it may be a great way for them to upgrade some legendary armor/weapons that they have, and just don't have the ascmats to do it. i keep having to remind myself of the "bigger" picture. :D

dB Viper

Will this be the week I finally get Crux and Swordbreaker?

I had a great RNG week last week. First ever Iron Banner played and I get a perfect Felwinter, Ghaleon's x2, and a ship. Also rolled perfect Jolders.

Didn't have any of the items Xur sold, either, so picked all of them up.

Crux, even though you suck, you'll complete my XB1 exotic weapon collection.

Homeboyd

Maybe they should just do nightfalls like they do weeklies... the only excuse I've seen for mats as a nightfall reward is that lower level players still need them.. yet, lower level players have 0 business running level 30 nightfalls.

So, make it 3 tiers like the weeklies, except the loot tiers are much better as you increase the difficulty:

Level 24 Nightfall: ass mats or legendary engrams or exotics or legendary gear or coins
Level 26 Nightfall: ass mats + legendary engram, exotics, exotics, legendary gear, or coins
Level 30 Nightfall: ass mats + legendary engram + exotics, legendary gear, or coins

So in level 24 you get one selection of the loot drops available at random; level 26 you get guaranteed ass mats + one random selected loot drop from the remaining table, and level 30 you get guaranteed ass mats + a legendary engram + one random selected loot drop from the remaining table. Some nightfalls are harder than the raids depending on what the burn is... some form of guaranteed loot should be available at the hardest difficulty. 2 ass shards for an arc omnigul nightfall reward is ridic.

Also would be nice if super rare emblems, shaders, etc were added in some of the "bonus" slots in the harder difficulties as well... not as your only reward, but in addition to the other drops.

Unless BB has claimed too many of us, is the usual crew down for a repeat of last week's agenda?

9 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest (which CPs do we have? NM? HM? Both) 3x (or 6x if we have or can get both CP)
- 2x full NM CE

3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)

I'm in! I have the HM Gorgon's CP again for all our ascendant material needs. If things go quick, I picked up the Atheon HM CP as well.

Lnkn52

9 PM Eastern:
- 2x full NM CE

3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)

When did this change to 9?! Have fun guys. Great group.

First time I missed the reset raids.. Welp if anyone need a HM swordbearer let me know somehow and I will kill him if I am available :)

rawr, i think some of us are wanting to run a few times.

1. rawr
2. rasengan

edit: d'oh. i think we wanted to run NM, so we can get the special weapons, though.

LordofPwn

Played IB with Randoms saturday night trying to get to rank 4. went 17W - 3L. thats better than what i do in regular crucible and certainly better than i had with playing in a group.

Good times.

bitsurugi

Thank you guys for the kind words, appreciate it! :)

Also: can't remember the last time DGAF has so little posts on a reset day. BB effect coming in strong i guess.

LordofPwn

Thank you guys for the kind words, appreciate it! :)

Also: can't remember the last time DGAF has so little posts on a reset day. BB effect coming in strong i guess.

Dont forget Borderlands Handsome Collection. That's what's grabbed me away, well that and i have all exotics and my grimoire can only go higher by playing rumble or salvage or by killing ogres and hydras... Only doing raids with my clan to help those that still need the crux which will only take about an hour to do.

shermas

what's the best strategy for the NF? we got wrecked in the final room... is there a good 'spot' or anything for the boss fight?

A_Gorilla

Banned
what's the best strategy for the NF? we got wrecked in the final room... is there a good 'spot' or anything for the boss fight?

Don't even go inside. Just stay outside and snipe at the boss. Occasionally a shrieker (big purple floating gun) will spawn you have to go back even further and wait until it disappears.

for seasoned players such as ourselves, yes, it is. but for newbs, it may be a great way for them to upgrade some legendary armor/weapons that they have, and just don't have the ascmats to do it. i keep having to remind myself of the "bigger" picture. :D

Maybe they should just do nightfalls like they do weeklies... the only excuse I've seen for mats as a nightfall reward is that lower level players still need them.. yet, lower level players have 0 business running level 30 nightfalls.

So, make it 3 tiers like the weeklies, except the loot tiers are much better as you increase the difficulty:

Level 24 Nightfall: ass mats or legendary engrams or exotics or legendary gear or coins
Level 26 Nightfall: ass mats + legendary engram, exotics, exotics, legendary gear, or coins
Level 30 Nightfall: ass mats + legendary engram + exotics, legendary gear, or coins

So in level 24 you get one selection of the loot drops available at random; level 26 you get guaranteed ass mats + one random selected loot drop from the remaining table, and level 30 you get guaranteed ass mats + a legendary engram + one random selected loot drop from the remaining table. Some nightfalls are harder than the raids depending on what the burn is... some form of guaranteed loot should be available at the hardest difficulty. 2 ass shards for an arc omnigul nightfall reward is ridic.

Also would be nice if super rare emblems, shaders, etc were added in some of the "bonus" slots in the harder difficulties as well... not as your only reward, but in addition to the other drops.
Yeah, this was along the lines of what I'd propose. I'd stick to the one Nightfall, thought. Rewards are guarantee of a Legendary item (weapon or armor) with the higher than average chance at the secondary slot (materials that match the first reward, shader, ship, emblem, etc.). Exotic roll would be a singular reward at all times.

Leave the coins to the Weekly.

waters10

Neo Member
Question for you guys. My 2 most wanted weapons are Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn. Probably not much different than what most people want.

So I have 2 legendary ones that I use for now. Against all Odds arc damage, with field scout and Hunger of Crota. I understand that the wolfpack rounds are significantly better than the cluster bombs. So I kinda know what I'm missing there.

But how much better is Thunderlord compared to my Against all Odds with field scout (50 rounds)? Is the damage output comparable?

E92 M3

Question for you guys. My 2 most wanted weapons are Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn. Probably not much different than what most people want.

So I have 2 legendary ones that I use for now. Against all Odds arc damage, with field scout and Hunger of Crota. I understand that the wolfpack rounds are significantly better than the cluster bombs. So I kinda know what I'm missing there.

But how much better is Thunderlord compared to my Against all Odds with field scout (50 rounds)? Is the damage output comparable?

I prefer Against All Odds (void) vs the Thunderlord except during Arc burn. I believe the impact is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom