• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIP

Unless BB has claimed too many of us, is the usual crew down for a repeat of last week's agenda?

9 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest (which CPs do we have? NM? HM? Both) 3x (or 6x if we have or can get both CP)
- 2x full NM CE
- 1x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)

Yeah I'm in. BB is gonna be waiting for me when I get home from work but I can spare a few hours for the group! Hoping this will finally be the week I get HoC. It's the only thing left that I haven't gotten from the raid.

RemiLP

Question for you guys. My 2 most wanted weapons are Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn. Probably not much different than what most people want.

So I have 2 legendary ones that I use for now. Against all Odds arc damage, with field scout and Hunger of Crota. I understand that the wolfpack rounds are significantly better than the cluster bombs. So I kinda know what I'm missing there.

But how much better is Thunderlord compared to my Against all Odds with field scout (50 rounds)? Is the damage output comparable?

Might just be me, but i think thunderlord is overrated and not Worth the exotic spot. I have a harms way with field scout, and prefer it over thunderlord.

LTWood12

Question for you guys. My 2 most wanted weapons are Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn. Probably not much different than what most people want.

So I have 2 legendary ones that I use for now. Against all Odds arc damage, with field scout and Hunger of Crota. I understand that the wolfpack rounds are significantly better than the cluster bombs. So I kinda know what I'm missing there.

But how much better is Thunderlord compared to my Against all Odds with field scout (50 rounds)? Is the damage output comparable?

It makes things explode. Has great reload spead. Gets more accurate as you hold down the trigger. High Impact takes down bosses quickly.

It's the best Machine Gun in the game, but Against All Odds is fantastic and doesn't take up your exotic slot. Honestly, I pretty much only use it for arc burn and the abyss.

waters10

Neo Member
I prefer Against All Odds (void) vs the Thunderlord except during Arc burn. I believe the impact is the same.

Might just be me, but i think thunderlord is overrated and not Worth the exotic spot. I have a harms way with field scout, and prefer it over thunderlord.

It makes things explode. Has great reload spead. Gets more accurate as you hold down the trigger. High Impact takes down bosses quickly.

It's the best Machine Gun in the game, but Against All Odds is fantastic and doesn't take up your exotic slot. Honestly, I pretty much only use it for arc burn and the abyss.
Thanks guys. I have 3 machine guns, each with different damage type: Against all Odds arc, Harm's Way void and Jolder's Hammer solar. All with field scout, as I can't stand low magazine machine guns.

I think what I should be looking for is a primary with elemental damage, as I think this makes things much tougher during arc nightfall.

Shito

Thanks guys. I have 3 machine guns, each with different damage type: Against all Odds arc, Harm's Way void and Jolder's Hammer solar. All with field scout, as I can't stand low magazine machine guns.

I think what I should be looking for is a primary with elemental damage, as I think this makes things much tougher during arc nightfall.
You can easily solo HM Abyss to try and get yourself an Oversoul Edict.
It's obviously not the best arc primary in the game, but it does its job during burns.
You can also quite easily solo HM Bridge for a shoot at the solar auto rifle...

stb

I have BB arriving via Amazon but I'm gladly still in. Need that Thunderlord! (and the CE Titan helm)

I'm in! I have the HM Gorgon's CP again for all our ascendant material needs. If things go quick, I picked up the Atheon HM CP as well.

Yeah I'm in. BB is gonna be waiting for me when I get home from work but I can spare a few hours for the group! Hoping this will finally be the week I get HoC. It's the only thing left that I haven't gotten from the raid.

Yay! Verde confirmed via text, so that just leaves schwagger15.

I'm still down if you need a replacement!

Me and T-44 will be rocking some Nightfalls and CE this evening (even w/ Bloodborne sitting on my hard drive waiting).Glad to play w/ any of ya'll if the friends list is sparse this evening.

Thanks, guys.

When did this change to 9?! Have fun guys. Great group.

Last week, due to St. Patrick's Day shenanigans. I stuck with it this week because it lets people get home, settled, eat dinner, and maybe NF/Weekly before raiding, and it seemed to work really well last week.

Kal_El

Yeah. This is slowly starting to get out of hand...

UtaNgUc.jpg

This makes me cry inside. I have over 20 days of play time and no Ballerhorn. I shall continue to not get upset but whomever RNG smiles upon. Congrats.

Kal_El

Although i'm playing BB i'm always available for full NM crota or HM. Also Atheon full. Please send invite because while i'm playing I rarely check here.

IHaveIce

Banned
I get the weirdest issues with Destiny lately onXB1

Today it always said I'm not in a fireteam and it wouldn't let me out of orbit. Now the game crashed and so far I can't reconnect my Xbox to the wlan.

Man, The Last Word is so terrible now. Takes so many shots to kill even basic foes, it's ridiculous.

it's basically hit or miss. i think headshots register fine, but body shots are unpredictable, which is weird.

you can still 2 shot kill people with headshots and 4 shot kill if you pace, but it's not consistent.

this is with aggressive ballistics. if you use soft ballistics, you'll never win toe to toe against another last word unless they're using that one too.

LTWood12

Listening to IGN Fireteam Chat. Their discussion about weapons you can't live without is pretty funny. Jose insists on Patience in Time over Icebreaker/Black Hammer. For PVE. He also scoffs at Fatebringer because it's a VoG weapon and is only 300 damage. I like Jose, but geez if you're going to host a podcast about a game you should be a bit more knowledgable.

LTWood12

I still love TLW. Used it a bunch for iron banner over the weekend. Basically TLW for tight quarter maps, and Hawkmoon on the more open ones.

edit: 2 posts in a row... :(

ethomaz

Banned
Listening to IGN Fireteam Chat. Their discussion about weapons you can't live without is pretty funny. Jose insists on Patience in Time over Icebreaker/Black Hammer. For PVE. He also scoffs at Fatebringer because it's a VoG weapon and is only 300 damage. I like Jose, but geez if you're going to host a podcast about a game you should be a bit more knowledgable.
I prefer P&T in PVP too over these others two... Icebreaker have so much recoil and Black Hammer (that I never used) seems to be the best critical PVE sniper.

Fatebringer over any other HC in PVE... unless there is some void burn.

Silav101

PS4 DGaf, any takers for the following events tonite, starting around 19.30 (7:30pm) CET. Lvl30+ welcome, just bring your best weapons and rocket launchers. Veterans and beginners to the Crota's end raid are all welcome. :)

3x normal crota full run
3x vault of glass (preferably from gorgon's checkpoint if someone has it)
1x hard crota's end (only my warlock is 32)

Just copy/paste this and fill in your PSN id. :)

1. Silav101

LTWood12

I prefer P&T in PVP too over these others two... Icebreaker have so much recoil and Black Hammer (that I never used) seems to be the best critical PVE sniper.

Fatebringer over any other HC in PVE... unless there is some void burn.

Right it's great for PVP. But you're going to tell me in PVE if you could only pick one you'd pick P&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom