• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Is there a clan or group I can join to raid and do content with? I got the game awhile ago after a friend practically held me at gunpoint to get it, and he never plays. Much to my surprise, I've enjoyed most aspects of the game, sans the terrible writing and lack of story.

Thanks again for literally carrying me through CE last night, I watch plenty of streams of it but I don't actually know what's going on or what I'm doing (or should be doing).

Most people will post something :)

Yeah playing bloodborne as well, but any password coop doesn't seem to work for me :/ would love to help some people out. Been soloing everything so far :p making good progress haha

Anyways just waiting for HoW info. If anyone needs help with crota HM send me a pm or a psn msg. I will help out if I am available :)

Always enjoy playing w/ new folks Isaac. As Rawr said, your best bet for finding groups is checking this board regularly. I've been playing games for 25 years, and the Destiny Gaf community is the absolute best bar none. Funny, kind, communicative, and patient; you won't find better people anywhere else.

I'm sorry we were already halfway through it by the time you joined up. Don't ever be afraid to speak up and ask questions if there's something you're not sure about. Look forward to playing w/ you again.

GhaleonEB

That kind of sounds good but since weapons are 150 marks you need 2 weeks to grind for a weapon. It'd suck to get excited about the Saterienne Rapier and want it, grind 100 marks and then see that it's a different gun the next week when you're planning on buying.

That is an issue I had not thought of, good analysis. I think it could be addressed in a few ways (other than the obvious - lowering the prices). One would be to have marks be a single pool across characters, as glimmer is, so you can earn over 100 in a week. Another would be to raise the cap so we can stockpile marks as we do other resources.

I'd settle for being allowed to purchase from the factions with Vanguard marks, though. It's so odd that we can earn rep with Vanguard activities, but not buy their gear with the marks. As I don't play Crucible, I only have one vendor in the tower. Long exhausted all I need to buy from them, devaluing marks and leaving holes in my arsenal that are on display with other vendors.

LTWood12

That kind of sounds good but since weapons are 150 marks you need 2 weeks to grind for a weapon. It'd suck to get excited about the Saterienne Rapier and want it, grind 100 marks and then see that it's a different gun the next week when you're planning on buying.

I'm with you. If anything, I just think the vendor weapons should have really good static perks. Situation we have now is being able to buy some guns that CAN be great, but the vendor versions are awful. Either don't cap marks and make it random, or keep them capped and make the vendor guns have better perks. That or implement reforging for all legendaries, which I have to imagine will happen at some point.

Thanks for both CPs! Truth for me! Just need to level up my old one all the way to shard (that's supposed to give you a better chance at multiple shards, right?)!
yw. glad you got something good!
in order to proc more shards, you just need to drop XP into it, and not any of the currencies, i believe.

i can host the gorgon's CP later tonight, but can't atm.
i'll post here when i'm on.

PSN rasengan1337

edit: sorry for the "double" post

Feorax

Anyone interested in doing some Templar kills? I'm just in the process of getting the Hard conflux CP on my three characters.

Figured it might be worth trying to get out of the #forevernofatebringer club.

Impala26

So there we go. Anyone got any thoughts on these?

Poor Banshee-44 sitting forever alone in his corner of the Tower. Would be awesome if he could be tasked with re-forging legendary non-Iron Banner weapons or something. Right now he only gets traffic from post-level 20 players if he's selling a rare fusion rifle for the pocket infinity bounty, lol.

Agreed on most points. Ascendant Materials need to be given new value going forward. As a player just getting back into Destiny for the first time in months, if Bungie releases yet another new currency with HoW, I'm going to be pretty salty. Also, they should ALWAYS be trying to give folks a point to running the old raids too--just tweak the loot tables or find ways to buff old weapons and gear. Surely can't be too hard right?

Most of the gear should be normalized anyway. It would give players tons more options for customizing their guardians--both appearance and functionally.

ocean

Banned
That is an issue I had not thought of, good analysis. I think it could be addressed in a few ways (other than the obvious - lowering the prices). One would be to have marks be a single pool across characters, as glimmer is, so you can earn over 100 in a week. Another would be to raise the cap so we can stockpile marks as we do other resources.

I'd settle for being allowed to purchase from the factions with Vanguard marks, though. It's so odd that we can earn rep with Vanguard activities, but not buy their gear with the marks. As I don't play Crucible, I only have one vendor in the tower. Long exhausted all I need to buy from them, devaluing marks and leaving holes in my arsenal that are on display with other vendors.
Having one vendor accept Vanguard Marks and four vendors accept Crucible Marks seems unbalanced.

I'd favor having the Vanguard and Crucible vendors accept their respective currencies exclusively and then all the vendors accepting either.

With regards to the perks, gunsmith rerolling would be a good trade off. It'd give us a way to spend Motes outside of IB weeks. But I'd like to have vendor weapons keep static perks at the storefront so I can plan my purchases ahead of time.

When TDB dropped I set my eyes on Saterienne Rapier, Against All Odds, LDR 5001 and Secret Handshake. I would've been bummed to find a weapon I wanted had changed by the time I got around to buying it.

stb

I find myself free of my typical Wednesday evening plans.

Anyone planning on doing any HM Crota kills tonight (and confident they can get it done)? HM Atheon kills?

I also need to do 2x NF and Weekly 30.

blazeuk

Last HM Crota of the week and it finally dropped Crux, just Plan C to go now. Had my second Hawkmoon drop too, it may be a shard though since I'm not sure I want to upgrade another.

Feorax

Anyone planning on doing any HM Crota kills tonight (and confident they can get it done)? HM Atheon kills?

I'm up for some HM Atheon if a group forms. I'm free for the next few hours.

Dave_6

I still need to run 2 NFs and would be glad to run Atheon 3x. I'd only run HM Crota if we could find a great sword runner.

It's so painfully apparent Bungie needs to rethink their loot system. Getting shards or coins from a Nightfall is not okay. Surviving a Weekly and getting nothing but shitty blue engrams while the worst players get Legendaries is not okay.

I'm thinking 9-ish PST.
I should still be up by then here in Central Time Zone land. I'll look out for you.

gag-layaway8cu0a.png

GhaleonEB

Having one vendor accept Vanguard Marks and four vendors accept Crucible Marks seems unbalanced.

I'd favor having the Vanguard and Crucible vendors accept their respective currencies exclusively and then all the vendors accepting either.

With regards to the perks, gunsmith rerolling would be a good trade off. It'd give us a way to spend Motes outside of IB weeks. But I'd like to have vendor weapons keep static perks at the storefront so I can plan my purchases ahead of time.

When TDB dropped I set my eyes on Saterienne Rapier, Against All Odds, LDR 5001 and Secret Handshake. I would've been bummed to find a weapon I wanted had changed by the time I got around to buying it.
Gunsmith rerolls is also an excellent suggestion, and would work around the vendor / marks limitation somewhat. Allowing the factions to take either mark makes a lot of sense.

Arg. There are so many ways to make the current vendor / loot setup better.

I'd be down to do either though it looks like a good number of Gaf's sword runners are busy slicing and dicing in another game. I have the HM Atheon CP.

Do the telemetry things only work when you are turning bounties in? Or does it work when in game, andjust using the weapon that has the sped up telemetry attached to it?

stb

It'd be fine if there was a higher mark cap. Make the mark cap 300 (or remove it entirely), and let people manage their marks week to week. We're big boys, we can know to save 150 marks for when the weapon we want comes up with the roll we've been waiting for, just like we save coins for when Xur finally brings an exotic we need.

Ambitious

Is there a clan for DestinyGAF regulars I could join? The unread messages badge on the icon of the companion app is pissing me off, so I'm leaving GAF Raiders, Raid GAF, DestinyGAF and all the other groups.

Homeboyd

Yeah, no matter what they do, they're not going to get me to play crucible consistently. I think I'm probably still rank 1 on one character and 0 on my other 2. The only time I've played crucible is due to exotic bounty requirements... I would've loved to have a chance at gheleons demise, rapier, fellwinters, timur's, etc... but not at the expense of playing destiny pvp.

Need more vanguard vendors for sure.

stb

I'm up for some HM Atheon if a group forms. I'm free for the next few hours.

This won't be until ~7:30 Eastern (3.5 hours from now), sorry.

I still need to run 2 NFs and would be glad to run Atheon 3x. I'd only run HM Crota if we could find a great sword runner.

Let's plan on doing NF at ~6:30-7 Central? I'm sure we can find a third, or just 2-man it.

I'd be down to do either though it looks like a good number of Gaf's sword runners are busy slicing and dicing in another game. I have the HM Atheon CP.

For Atheon, I'm sure we can pull 3 more people if we've already got 3.

For Crota, I completely agree. I'm not going anywhere near that unless we have a great sword and a group that is confident we can get it done. I hate the damn HM encounter, I just want a bunch of crap from it (Fang, Word, exotic roll, Crux, ship, helmets).

Dave_6

Let's plan on doing NF at ~6:30-7 Central? I'm sure we can find a third, or just 2-man it.

For Crota, I completely agree. I'm not going anywhere near that unless we have a great sword and a group that is confident we can get it done. I hate the damn HM encounter, I just want a bunch of crap from it (Fang, Word, exotic roll, Crux, ship, helmets).

I've got some grass to cut and need to check an issue on my daily driver once I get home (which will be ~5:15 or so CST). I should still be able to be on by 7:00 I would think.

The physical gun stock can stay static, but I'd like the damage types and stats to change weekly with the reset. You can always head to the Gunsmith and pay to re-roll what you want, like coins for damage and motes for stats (I think Luke Smith calls them "talents").

Commendations should go in the toilet, dumb idea.

shermas

Yeah, no matter what they do, they're not going to get me to play crucible consistently. I think I'm probably still rank 1 on one character and 0 on my other 2. The only time I've played crucible is due to exotic bounty requirements... I would've loved to have a chance at gheleons demise, rapier, fellwinters, timur's, etc... but not at the expense of playing destiny pvp.

Need more vanguard vendors for sure.

I'm doing the Thorn bounty right now and I've been stuck between 100/120 out of 500 for over a week. I had a match where I went 9 and 10 and I was thrilled. The next match, I was 0 and 7. I'm terrible. And it's not fun.

Because of the bounty, I've basically decided to hide in a corner with the Swordbreaker and hope I can get a couple kills a match... where's the fun in that? I'd rather run around with an AR, but I can't kill anyone like that.

GhaleonEB

The physical gun stock can stay static, but I'd like the damage types and stats to change weekly with the reset. You can always head to the Gunsmith and pay to re-roll what you want, like coins for damage and motes for stats (I think Luke Smith calls them "talents").

Commendations seemed short sighted from the onset, I'm really surprised they didn't think them through. At first they were a temporary barrier, now they are a worthless currency accumulating, right next to my motes and shards. We don't need more currencies, we need better ways to use the ones that shipped. I do hope Bungie understands this and does not add more with HoW.

Do the telemetry things only work when you are turning bounties in? Or does it work when in game, andjust using the weapon that has the sped up telemetry attached to it?
Pretty sure they work when you go out and kill things with the gun. Don't think you'll see much progress though if you level a gun that way, bounties of course benefit more since your getting 5k at a time.

Anastasis

I wonder if it would be important to only allow one perk to be rerolled. That's how Diablo 3 does it now and that loot system is so great that there must be a reason. To keep the grind for loot going and so that people don't simply perfect a weapon or piece of armor through rerolls maybe?

They work on any XP produced but using them in the game world is usually not as beneficial. What I do is I finish up all my bounties and then play the daily story until the end and then pop one before the final part of it. Finish up the story and get the XP from that then go to the tower and turn everything in. Gives a nice bump for exotics.

Of course always have the item equipped that you're using the telemetry for so it gets the xp.

Deku Tree

Commendations seemed short sighted from the onset, I'm really surprised they didn't think them through. At first they were a temporary barrier, now they are a worthless currency accumulating, right next to my motes and shards. We don't need more currencies, we need better ways to use the ones that shipped. I do hope Bungie understands this and does not add more with HoW.

Motes are actually an extremely useful currency IMO.

I am hoarding motes so that when HoW drops with 3.0 Exotics I'm gonna buy as many exotic engrams from Xur as I can so that I can roll for as many upgraded exotic armors as I can get. And also if you get duplicates then it's just like a free exotic shard. A good reason for me to keep doing 3x NF's is to get those free 9 motes per week from the Eris bounty.

I did that also with TDB when it came out and I got loads of exotic shards as a result.

Anastasis

Motes are actually an extremely useful currency IMO.

I am hoarding motes so that when HoW drops with 3.0 Exotics I'm gonna buy as many exotic engrams from Xur as I can so that I can roll for as many upgraded exotic armors as I can get. And also if you get duplicates then it's just like a free exotic shard. A good reason for me to keep doing 3x NF's is to get those free 9 motes per week from the Eris bounty.

I did that also with TDB when it came out and I got loads of exotic shards as a result.

That's really smart! Another Destiny secret I've totally missed out on!

Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't get it either. All they did was keep people from getting better gear right away, which only seems to really matter in Iron Banner where stats are so important. I'm really unfamiliar with these types of loot games, but I never got a good explanation as to why Commendations were a good idea at all.

I wonder if it would be important to only allow one perk to be rerolled. That's how Diablo 3 does it now and that loot system is so great that there must be a reason. To keep the grind for loot going and so that people don't simply perfect a weapon or piece of armor through rerolls maybe?
Now, if Commendations were used as the only way to re-roll, that would be interesting. Since they come so infrequently, it would lead to a lot more cautious choices of what you'd want to re-roll, rather than burning through motes of light like I've seen people do. But then we're back to making another currency useless, so something needs to go. Last one in, first one out. Bye, Commendations. No one liked you anyway.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, I didn't get it either. All they did was keep people from getting better gear right away, which only seems to really matter in Iron Banner where stats are so important. I'm really unfamiliar with these types of loot games, but I never got a good explanation as to why Commendations were a good idea at all.

Now, if Commendations were used as the only way to re-roll, that would be interesting. It would lead to a lot more cautious choices, rather than burning through motes of light like I've seen people do. But then we're back to making another currency useless, so something needs to go. Last one in, first one out. Bye, Commendations. No one liked you anyway.
Well Motes would still be useful for burning with Xur rolling engrams.

anyone wanna do a NF or 2?

taking a break from BB

wow there's 6 ppl on my friend list playing destiny

remember when it would rarely be less than 2 pages :(

I have a group of 3 that will be doing 3 hm atheon and 3 hm crota. Swordbearing is no issue. We will probably be looking to start around 7 or 7 30 eastern, so that might line up nicely.

I hope so too, but I am preparing for Commendation^2 and Brilliant Marerials to upgrade Raid gear.

LordofPwn

Man it's like tumbleweeds and checkpoints in here. Hoping we get some details on the house of wolves tomorrow and a launch date next week for the 1.1.2 update.

Homeboyd

Man it's like tumbleweeds and checkpoints in here. Hoping we get some details on the house of wolves tomorrow and a launch date next week for the 1.1.2 update.

"Welcome back guardians! The latest info on our upcoming patch is below:

- Vault Space: We know you've been waiting for this one! 24 new slots to the vault are being added with the next patch! However, you'll need to bring along those trusty vanguard or crucible commendations as it will cost you 1 commendation for each item you place in or take out of the vault.

Enjoy! Feedback is welcome as always! Please comment below.

DeeJ out

#welisten
#plsplaypvp"

- Comments closed

vctor182

Now, if Commendations were used as the only way to re-roll, that would be interesting. Since they come so infrequently, it would lead to a lot more cautious choices of what you'd want to re-roll, rather than burning through motes of light like I've seen people do. But then we're back to making another currency useless, so something needs to go. Last one in, first one out. Bye, Commendations. No one liked you anyway.

I like this idea, but unlimited re-rolling can be abused and you may have an overpowered weapon so I think it would be better if there was some kind of limit to how many times you can re-roll a weapon's perk. Example, each legendary has 3 reticles and 5 perks so you can have a total of 8 re-rolls and use them in any perk/reticles you like and cost a commendation each.

That patch should've been live like, yesterday. Of course all we'll get this week is more teasing and I'm sure the release date is still several weeks away.

shermas

"Welcome back guardians! The latest info on our upcoming patch is below:

- Vault Space: We know you've been waiting for this one! 24 new slots to the vault are being added with the next patch! However, you'll need to bring along those trusty vanguard or crucible commendations as it will cost you 1 commendation for each item you place in or take out of the vault.

Enjoy! Feedback is welcome as always! Please comment below.

DeeJ out

#welisten
#plsplaypvp"

- Comments closed

Wait... 1 commendation for any item that we put it or take out? How can that be? If we want to switch a weapon to an alt character, it'll cost 2 commendations? It's been 'free' this entire time, right? Or will it only cost 1 if we take advantage of the new space?

cilonen

Wait... 1 commendation for any item that we put it or take out? How can that be? If we want to switch a weapon to an alt character, it'll cost 2 commendations? It's been 'free' this entire time, right? Or will it only cost 1 if we take advantage of the new space?

That's a joke.

It's was satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom