• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in such a dry spell in terms of exotic drops at all that it's getting real depressing. Seems that no matter what I can't get shit to drop. For the past like Month and a half or so I havent got shit from NF with 3characters. and the most recent stuff I've gotten more than half of it is from Xur. Only notables Ive gotten recently is red death from gorgon chest a few days before Xur sold it and a thunderlord on crota about a month back. Give me a breaaaaaaaak. Shit is demoralizing. I really hope they find a different way to get guns that you really want along with RNG. Shit is mad frustrating.

patchday

I'm in such a dry spell in terms of exotic drops at all that it's getting real depressing. Seems that no matter what I can't get shit to drop. For the past like Month and a half or so I havent got shit from NF with 3characters. and the most recent stuff I've gotten more than half of it is from Xur. Only notables Ive gotten recently is red death from gorgon chest a few days before Xur sold it and a thunderlord on crota about a month back. Give me a breaaaaaaaak. Shit is demoralizing. I really hope they find a different way to get guns that you really want along with RNG. Shit is mad frustrating.

How long you've been playing?

I think a lot of us that's been playing the game since launch off/on take it for granted our vaults are overflowing with epics. I think only epic gun I'm literally missing might be Thunderlord? Beyond that- I am missing Ruin Wings epic armor gloves cause I purchased the DLC late. but meh, I really dont care that much one way or another. Of course, havent played the game either in bout 2 weeks

Too me- epic guns are sort of a trap. Since I dont play the game that much it seems like they take forever+ to level up. So anytime I get a new one I dont ever care. I dont mind leveling up legendaries. But epics? I only maxed out ballerhorn. Only epic worth maxing out too me. Everything else I just unlock perks

Feorax

Matt/Feorax went offline, not sure if he's coming back.

If we get a team going in an hour or so thats's fine.

Sat in a coffee shop waiting for the front suspension on my car to be replaced. Nice of them to let me drive the thing for 18 months before letting me know the parts are defective.

Good luck guys. May RNGesus bless you.

stb

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
6) StereoType

Thanks to the usual suspects for the "We don't need no stinkin' Bloodborne" edition of our amateur-ass raiding.

Our only casualty was schwagger15, who couldn't resist the sirens' song of Bloodborne; we can only hope he was dashed against the rocks for his betrayal. =) Thanks to StereoType for filling in again!

1) 3x Gorgon's chest
- captscience got his CP from "a new dealer" this week, and it proved more fruitful. I pulled Truth (which allowed me to shard a 300 ATK one for 2 exotic shards), and GRIP snagged a Thunderlord. By my calculations, that's 2 more exotics that we'd gotten out of this chest in a month.

2) 2x full NM CE + 1x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- Dave_6 finally got his Titan helmet
- captscience got the chest, albeit just one day after grinding IB for it in true Destiny fashion
- Verde got some piece of armor he needed; but I can't recall what it was
- I got a better chest for my warlock (pure intellect)
- various other exotics dropped (Monte Carlo and Suros for me, Suros for someone else, No Land Beyond for Dave_6, but nothing anyone was excited about

I'm not sure if everyone was drunk, or what, but the Crota fights were a comedy of errors:
- at least 2 people killed themselves by firing rockets into the back of GRIP's head
- all sorts of other random, clumsy deaths -- I'm not sure how we're getting WORSE at this week after week =)
- the worst lag any of us have seen in the Crota fight. Some highlights:
- - shield down for some, up for others
- - shield down for all, Crota kneeling, but not taking any damage from sword
- - the classic "stand up way too fast"
- - Crota moonwalking halfway back to the right side, then stopping halfway like that's where he was supposed to be
- - the crystal in the spawn room taking about 15 seconds to load in

Despite (because of?) all this, a good time was had by all (as usual), and some progress was made for about half the group.

It's a good thing this group is loose and has fun, because I think the grind is getting to me. There are so few ways to make any progress at this point, that even yellow text is assumed to be a shard. I have everything out of the NM CE except the warlock helmet and ship, and have essentially resigned to not bothering with HM until HoW gives us a level or two.

My online friends list was the largest it's been in weeks, but most weren't playing Destiny. They need to figure out how to pace content to draw people into the game, and pace rewards/progress to keep them there. Really hoping for a significant patch (vault space) and HoW info in the next week or so.

Considering I've played way more than even many serious players, if I'm not spending time in Destiny... probably not a lot of action in the long term player base. Seems like a lot of newer players posting more (which is awesome!) or just regulars posting about how they aren't playing (like me!).

Time away will help everyone recharge and be excited for HoW. It'll have Terminus so it's already better than TDB. I'll do truncated reset raids, Fun Run etc. as long as people are around just because it's always great to hang with those fine folks. But BBorne is ridiculously brilliant and I'm going to be spending a loooot of time there. Just finished a level that was among the best gaming content I've ever experienced... Speaking of which...

ocean

Banned
Considering I've played way more than even many serious players, if I'm not spending time in Destiny... probably not a lot of action in the long term player base. Seems like a lot of newer players posting more (which is awesome!) or just regulars posting about how they aren't playing (like me!).

Time away will help everyone recharge and be excited for HoW. It'll have Terminus so it's already better than TDB. I'll do truncated reset raids, Fun Run etc. as long as people are around just because it's always great to hang with those fine folks. But BBorne is ridiculously brilliant and I'm going to be spending a loooot of time there. Just finished a level that was among the best gaming content I've ever experienced... Speaking of which...
That's two of us. I've never played a Souls game but I'm liking how BB makes me tense. I ran Normal Crota 3x yesterday (still no BHD) and 3x Weeklies today to recover my accidentally sharded Coin stash. Until some new content drops I think I'll just do Normal Crota and Weekly x3 on Tuesdays.

DGAF will always be best GAF though.

Feorax

It's a good thing this group is loose and has fun, because I think the grind is getting to me. There are so few ways to make any progress at this point, that even yellow text is assumed to be a shard. I have everything out of the NM CE except the warlock helmet and ship, and have essentially resigned to not bothering with HM until HoW gives us a level or two.

My online friends list was the largest it's been in weeks, but most weren't playing Destiny. They need to figure out how to pace content to draw people into the game, and pace rewards/progress to
keep them there. Really hoping for a significant patch (vault space) and HoW info in the next week or so.

I feel you. Having hit 32 with my third character, I'm only really wanting a Black Hammer and a Gjallarhorn, and it's diminishing returns at this point in terms of the effort that goes into getting a group together and hammering through the raids just to get the same shit again and again.

Unless I stumble upon a group when I'm free, it's likely my activities in destiny will be limited to NF/Weekly and checking on Xur until HOW drops. The only reason I'm still trying to get the Necrochasm is because I've got all the bits for it and I'm too far along levelling it at this point to justify stopping.

EDIT: On the plus side, a diminishing player base is probably the one thing likely to result in Gjally's on a friday.

RdN

Just did 2 Crota NM.

Yet another week without the Black Hammer.

Got a No Land Beyond and a Suros Regime, though. At least some Exotic Shards.

GRIP

Thanks to the usual suspects for the "We don't need no stinkin' Bloodborne" edition of our amateur-ass raiding.

Guess you guys didn't notice that I was talking throughout our last two Crota runs ;p

I wasn't even sure if anyone could hear me until me, verde, and dave ran nightfall.

phen0m24

You didn't respond to my HDD question yesterday. Way to give a guy a complex, Drizzy. :p

RetroMG

Yes RedFury03. Anyone for crota normal need a sword user just join in on me.

I've got myself and a friend who will be ready in about five minutes. So I think we just need three more.

Normal Crota - PS4

1. Redfury03
2. RetroMG
3. RidliiMM

Despite (because of?) all this, a good time was had by all (as usual), and some progress was made for about half the group.

It's a good thing this group is loose and has fun, because I think the grind is getting to me. There are so few ways to make any progress at this point, that even yellow text is assumed to be a shard.

My online friends list was the largest it's been in weeks, but most weren't playing Destiny. Really hoping for a significant patch (vault space) and HoW info in the next week or so.

Thank you as always for the write up and getting the group together. My apologies for some seriously scrubby play on Crota! At least it resulted in some exciting kills (one with the oversoul active, another under Enrage) in what is normally a pretty mundane affair.

Though I plan on fully delving into Bloodborne this week, as long as this group gets together, Tuesday will be Destiny night. Or, as my girlfriend refers to it, my "playdate" night.

boofa

Neo Member
I haven't used Suros a ton since TDB, so I never bothered to upgrade mine to 331. I still have a fully maxed 300, but I got a new 331 from Crota last night. My quandary here is that I hate to scrap my maxed 300 and then HoW drop with an upgrade system that doesn't require completely re-leveling gear. Does anyone think there's a chance that they'll offer an upgrade path for 300 max weapons to get to 365 w/o starting from scratch?

LTWood12

It sounds really incredible. I've had it on my hard drive since midnight monday, but haven't touched it. I'm still having so much fun w/ Destiny though. Finally going to start a third character (Warlock).

DGAF is best Gaf.

Ryck

I haven't used Suros a ton since TDB, so I never bothered to upgrade mine to 331. I still have a fully maxed 300, but I got a new 331 from Crota last night. My quandary here is that I hate to scrap my maxed 300 and then HoW drop with an upgrade system that doesn't require completely re-leveling gear. Does anyone think there's a chance that they'll offer an upgrade path for 300 max weapons to get to 365 w/o starting from scratch?
I was in the same predicament wih my Invectis. I ended up trading it to Xur this past Friday and by the end of the day I had unlocked all the important perks. (Although the gun was at 307 attack).

Point is it shouldn't take long to get back the important perks along the first few parts of the upgrade tree and since the attack is already higher you can take your time finishing off the last few nodes that only add attack damage.

I will still be around DGAF, going to be doing Weekly Heroics and a Normal CE until I get Titan boots, but yeah, BB will be taking up serious time. Giving me way more grief than I expected as a Souls vet, can only imagine the frustration of new players. Won't give up though, can't let myself do that.

stb

Guess you guys didn't notice that I was talking throughout our last two Crota runs ;p

I wasn't even sure if anyone could hear me until me, verde, and dave ran nightfall.

Hah, no, I didn't, Verde told me after I left the party chat that he could hear you.

Did you get a new headset?

Thank you as always for the write up and getting the group together. My apologies for some seriously scrubby play on Crota! At least it resulted in some exciting kills (one with the oversoul active, another under Enrage) in what is normally a pretty mundane affair.

Happy to facilitate, and no worries about how you were playing. It was really funny; almost everyone was doing stupid shit. It did result in some drama we don't usually get, and the oversoul kill was really funny. "Forget the oversoul, TAKE HIM DOWN!"

Though I plan on fully delving into Bloodborne this week, as long as this group gets together, Tuesday will be Destiny night. Or, as my girlfriend refers to it, my "playdate" night.

My wife calls it "nerd date". Affectionately. I think.

Shirow

Banned
Wow I hope there is someone left to do crota with this afternoon when I get home! I didn't think destiny gaf would slow up like this when BB would drop. lol I still have some titles on the backlog to work with thou. I don't know if I should also get in the bloodbourne craze early because I don't know how the multiplayer works there much!
I'm just 3 shards away from 32 on my main (Warlock), just getting that I'm happy.

E92 M3

Wow I hope there is someone left to do crota with this afternoon when I get home! I didn't think destiny gaf would slow up like this when BB would drop. lol I still have some titles on the backlog to work with thou. I don't know if I should also get in the bloodbourne craze early because I don't know how the multiplayer works there much!
I'm just 3 shards away from 32 on my main (Warlock), just getting that I'm happy.

Bloodborne isn't focused on multiplayer - you will always have someone for jolly cooperation even if you start later.

GRIP

Hah, no, I didn't, Verde told me after I left the party chat that he could hear you.

Did you get a new headset?

No, I just hooked up the bluetooth that came with the ps4. I wasn't sure how good or bad it sounded so I wasn't saying much.

Isaccard

It sounds really incredible. I've had it on my hard drive since midnight monday, but haven't touched it. I'm still having so much fun w/ Destiny though. Finally going to start a third character (Warlock).

DGAF is best Gaf.

Is there a clan or group I can join to raid and do content with? I got the game awhile ago after a friend practically held me at gunpoint to get it, and he never plays. Much to my surprise, I've enjoyed most aspects of the game, sans the terrible writing and lack of story.

Thanks again for literally carrying me through CE last night, I watch plenty of streams of it but I don't actually know what's going on or what I'm doing (or should be doing).

Is there a clan or group I can join to raid and do content with? I got the game awhile ago after a friend practically held me at gunpoint to get it, and he never plays. Much to my surprise, I've enjoyed most aspects of the game, sans the terrible writing and lack of story.

Thanks again for literally carrying me through CE last night, I watch plenty of streams of it but I don't actually know what's going on or what I'm doing (or should be doing).
Most people will post something :)

Yeah playing bloodborne as well, but any password coop doesn't seem to work for me :/ would love to help some people out. Been soloing everything so far :p making good progress haha

Anyways just waiting for HoW info. If anyone needs help with crota HM send me a pm or a psn msg. I will help out if I am available :)

Shirow

Banned
Bloodborne isn't focused on multiplayer - you will always have someone for jolly cooperation even if you start later.

That's good, that's what I thought then. I'm never in a rush to play single player games so I'm cool. I still have to burn through Tomb raider DE and Shadow of Mordor (Ignoring PS+ games for now).
Destiny swallowing all game time but it's all good. I'd love to get my Destiny Plat and play HoW before moving on thou. Looks like I'ma have to squeeze these games into it all somehow.
Edit: Top of the page!

Impala26

Any XB1ers wanna run a quick normal VoG either this evening or tomorrow evening? Gonna be out of town for an extended weekend and I'm still in need of some ass mats (and maybe a lucky drop or two :p)

Let me know. GT: Impala26

GhaleonEB

Horrible reset week!

You know it's bad when the best thing you get is a Shotgun.

NF1 - 8 Energy
NF2 - MIda Tool - (Shard)
NF3 - Special Legendary Engram (Two to the Morgue - Void - Grenadier / Field Scout, High Calibur Rounds / Shot Package)

NCE - Song (Shard)
HCE1 - Fang
HCE2 - Fang
HCE3 - Word of Crota (Keeper, now have 3)

Might do Atheon later this week, if not think I'm done till next reset.
This would be about 10x better than any week I've ever had with Destiny drops.

Shirow

Banned
This would be about 10x better than any week I've ever had with Destiny drops.

I've had horrible nightfall drops last 3 weeks, nothing but coins, shards I think and legendaries. A Exotic dropped and it was red death which I already got from xur. =/
Still no hawkmoon or Horn.
One day...

1669907_10203821418643064_7812826297196232550_o.jpg

I think this was the last straw, I've been playing since launch and still left waiting. Off to Bloodborne till the expansion comes out.

I was so in awe that I didn't even think to capture it but my friend did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom