• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

pachuco

I keep in searching for crucible games, but nobody is connecting. What's going on? I would assume bloodborne, but I play destiny in Xbone.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This game gave me like six secret handshakes in about week.

Got substance 321. Looks nice on a warlock. All characters will now be gold I guess. Matching colors is everything to me.

A_Gorilla

Banned
AT LAST:

Destiny_20150325213753.jpg

My Titan is Level 32! Just need to work on my Hunter next.

Here's my Main (Warlock) for comparison:

stb

Crota hard is down, moving on to Atheon hm 3x. Have a spot if anyone is interested.

Our Atheon runs were really smooth; we almost got him in one portal.

Crota was rough; we couldn't kill him. We didn't even have bad lag or bugs. I think we just don't have enough HM Crota experience.

Anyone that has HM Crota down to a science willing to help a group out later this week or this weekend? I want the Fang, damnit!

Impala26

Never seen this thread so dead.

Would like 3x Hard Atheon from gorgons or three weeklies but that doesn't look like it's happening.

It's actually sad lol.

It's nice, I can keep up with it now because it's moving at a pace closer to that of the Halo OT. Actually, Halo was moving a bit faster today with that whole Halo Online in Russia dealie.

Nice to see the Xboners stand out a bit too!

*cue "we're dead Jim" gif*

Crota was rough; we couldn't kill him. We didn't even have bad lag or bugs. I think we just don't have enough HM Crota experience.

Anyone that has HM Crota down to a science willing to help a group out later this week or this weekend? I want the Fang, damnit!

I can help, add me on psn: ruthlesbarbarian

Crota broke him. RIP.

But but we break crota multiple times every week now...

HoW better be good. Dlc is meant to bring in more players, not drive away existing ones :/

Our Atheon runs were really smooth; we almost got him in one portal.

We've gotten pretty good at handling most variables since we almost always have 2 new randoms each week, sometimes between each run. We got it on the first try twice this week after getting it first try twice last week.

If you want me to sherpa for a kill or even just party chat at some point, maybe I can pass enough information along to help get your group over the hump.

GhaleonEB

1) HiredN00bs has the patience of a saint.
2) I got my second exotic drop from a raid ever - Hard Light, which I totally didn't buy last week because everyone told me it sucked. :lol
3) I also got Song of Ir Yut which is neat.
4) I ran sword and took down Crota for the first time. Sword School: Graduated.
5) HiredN00bs has the patience of a saint.

Thanks everyone for enduring that run. It felt more like a crawl at the end but we did it. :D

chewydogg

2) I got my second exotic drop from a raid ever - Hard Light, which I totally didn't buy last week because everyone told me it sucked. :lol

Thanks everyone for enduring that run. It felt more like a crawl at the end but we did it. :D

Hear, hear!

Lima

I can help, add me on psn: ruthlesbarbarian

But but we break crota multiple times every week now...

HoW better be good. Dlc is meant to bring in more players, not drive away existing ones :/

It also better be coming out in April cause fuck lol if it comes out May 19th. Like nuh uh no Destiny the same day Witcher 3 comes out.

Omni

GOT THE WORD OF CROTA

~30 hard raids later! I now have everything but the sparrow. But that's hardly something to grind for. I'm essentially done with this game until the expansion now. Only time I will be playing is if friends are. But I've seen a massive drop off in players on my friends list recently too

Arghhh, why do people still try to kill Phogoth from outside in the shrieker room. It takes way longer :/

I think that weekly might be worse than omnigul honestly

it's 3 people all jostling to shoot through one doorway .. getting pushed and shot by each other.. Ugh

at least it's quick enough to get to phogoth

Silav101

I think that weekly might be worse than omnigul honestly

it's 3 people all jostling to shoot through one doorway .. getting pushed and shot by each other.. Ugh

at least it's quick enough to get to phogoth

Agreed. This strike with arc burn is worse than omnibitch. Barely, but still. The 5 hive ultra wizards that spawn at the end in the triptych room makes me shit bricks.

And fuck boomers with arc burn, holy shit.

Shito

Agreed. This strike with arc burn is worse than omnibitch. Barely, but still. The 5 hive ultra wizards that spawn at the end in the triptych room makes me shit bricks.

And fuck boomers with arc burn, holy shit.
I prefer it to Omnigul. Greatly.
At least with arc Phogoth the "difficult" and tedious part is right at the beginning. Once you've cleared that room, it's an easy sprint straight to the boss, and you can easily cheese him while taking no risk at all.

Phogoth, even with arc burn, lightswitch and angry is a hundred times better than omnigul.

At least the nightfall only takes 10-12 minutes.

the phogoth section is still tedious .. Hiding from the stupid shrieker.. The swarms of wizards and Knights blocking view from phogoth

I find the omnigul portion with the cheese room better.. I sat and revived people with arc MGs and she was down in no time

Omni is just a boring and tedious strike. Just like everything else in the dark below, lazy development.

it's no better or worse than anything else in the game

it just happens to be dlc

if phogoth was dlc I doubt people would be changing their tune about TDB lol

Shito

Tell.me about it. The only good thing about TDB is eris' voice actin, and the bridge section of the raid, if you do it legit.
I like NM Crota. With people close enough to you so you don't get too much lag, it's a really fun fight I find.
Well, that might also be because I'm run the sword in my raid group...

Omni is just a boring and tedious strike. Just like everything else in the dark below, lazy development.

Eh, it's the price they're paying for the game design. If they put any mechanics in dungeons that require thought, than raids become glorified dungeons. So they have to keep 'em dumb and just throw waves of enemies at you. They introduce simplified raid mechanics in story missions(Sword/stepping on plate for VoG, Not being able to jump for TDB), but really it means that dungeons suffer because of it. That's why you have boss with adds every damn time.

Silav101

The issue with the omnigul strike is fighting the boss in such an enclosed space with constant bullshit spawns. Every other strike lets you fight the boss in a large arena with multiple points of cove, so multiple strategies have chances of success.

The issue with the omnigul strike is fighting the boss in such an enclosed space with constant bullshit spawns. Every other strike lets you fight the boss in a large arena with multiple points of cove, so multiple strategies have chances of success.

yeah you can spread out on phogoth.. except when its the nightfall

which is the reason i compared it to omnigul in the first place

the nightfalls both involve hiding in a small room to shoot at the boss.. but at least omnigul isn't a single doorway

Nope. Nobody quits Phogoth strike, not even randoms.

Everyone quits omnigul.

Phogoth, with or without cheese, is a decent strike. Omni is just garbage.

Silav101

Eh, it's the price they're paying for the game design. If they put any mechanics in dungeons that require thought, than raids become glorified dungeons. So they have to keep 'em dumb and just throw waves of enemies at you. They introduce simplified raid mechanics in story missions(Sword/stepping on plate for VoG, Not being able to jump for TDB), but really it means that dungeons suffer because of it. That's why you have boss with adds every damn time.

It is admittedly difficult to do standard raid mechanics due to the fact that there are no set roles.for players, no aggro mechanics,.and the sheer ability of players to traverse the environment.

I felt that VoG had fantastic raid mechanics design, and they should really expand on those.

we aren't talking about ROC strikes the original discussion was nightfalls

Nightfall is even a better case for Phogoth. If you die at the boss it only takes a couple of minutes to get back to him.

If you die at omni, it's long and painful to get back to her.

As far as nightfalls are concerned, omni is simply the worst, whatever the burn.

Omni is so bad it makes Vaalus look good.

Remember omni with angry, lightswitch and no burns? Fuck that.

Haha, they tried making me run sword on my Warlock yesterday. I didn't die, but didn't get the timing right so we had to wipe anyway.

Think I'll feel more confident once I can do it on my Hunter. Sword school is next.

Silav101

Haha, they tried making me run sword on my Warlock yesterday. I didn't die, but didn't get the timing right so we had to wipe anyway.

Think I'll feel more confident once I can do it on my Hunter. Sword school is next.
Cannot wait to get my hunter to lvl 32, then i can try the sword.

Nightfall is even a better case for Phogoth. If you die at the boss it only takes a couple of minutes to get back to him.

If you die at omni, it's long and painful to get back to her.

As far as nightfalls are concerned, omni is simply the worst, whatever the burn.

Omni is so bad it makes Vaalus look good.

Remember omni with angry, lightswitch and no burns? Fuck that.

any nightfalls with no burns sucks

vaalus was torture until bungie made xur sell icebreaker every other week

i remember the first time i did valus with no burns and no horn or icebreaker.. i felt so useless waiting for my special ammo synth to cool down

hiding under this ramp where only one person can get a decent look at him at a time

Shito

Heh, only did CE twice (we don't raid much, but I solo parts of it *a lot* ^^), both time running the sword. My first time was on my warlock, and second time on the hunter. It gets a little while getting used to it, but you'll see, hunter is WAY easier and fun to kill Crota with. Invisibility makes all the difference.

Silav101

Heh, only did CE twice (we don't raid much, but I solo parts of it *a lot* ^^), both time running the sword. My first time was on my warlock, and second time on the hunter. It gets a little while getting used to it, but you'll see, hunter is WAY easier and fun to kill Crota with. Invisibility makes all the difference.
this is a good start at making classes be nicely differentiated. VoG had no real use for a bladedancer, for example. please.expand on this, bungie. It might pigeonhole some.characters, but at least you get to use subclasses nicely.

Manp

man this week sucked...

3xNFs
- Deviant Gravity A with a shitty roll
- The Calming with a shitty roll
- The Chance with a shitty roll (no filed scout)

sharded everything but the machine gun.

also got shit from 3x Gorgon Chests

hope Xur will bring something good tomorrow. too bad he will never sell the only gun i'm missing (Monte Carlo) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom