• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that was a double post? DGaf is dying. :'(.

DGaf is hibernating aka beast hunting in BB. Just waiting for their glorious resurrection when How releases. Rising like a Phoenix
from Arizona
!

LMine's only 31, don't see any of my characters getting to 32 anytime toon really.

Being 32 for the sword makes all the difference in the world. Still very possible to do normal mode as a 31, lord knows I did it many times when CE first launched but being a 32 gives a huge margin for error.

VoG has no use for any subclass for that matter. Defender titans maybe, but they're handy in most situations.

That's also why VoG is so good. Any class or subclass can do it, normal or hard.

Feorax

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see what a big game release like Bloodborne does to the community long term.

On the one hand, there's the likelyhood that a break from the game will do people good so that they aren't burnt out when HoW releases. However, there's also a chance that a large chunk of the playerbase will remember that they can have a good time without being at the mercy of RNGesus, and just not bother returning.

You have to wonder if Bungie is thinking about that right now.

Even in the room Phogoth has become and quick and easy strike.

Me and a couple of friends ran through it three times last night probably in half an hour total.

I remember that strike being a nightmare, cowering in the little room chipping away at phogoth for ages.

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see what a big game release like Bloodborne does to the community long term.

On the one hand, there's the likelyhood that a break from the game will do people good so that they aren't burnt out when HoW releases. However, there's also a chance that a large chunk of the playerbase will remember that they can have a good time without being at the mercy of RNGesus, and just not bother returning.

I can't see bloodborne replacing destiny long term

it's just a reprieve

bloodborne is at the mercy of another God than rngesus .. The you died and load screen

Silav101

I can't see bloodborne replacing destiny long term

it's just a reprieve

bloodborne is at the mercy of another God than rngesus .. The you died and load screen
I died 33 times last night, and am now at the second boss, haha.

The load times.better get patched asap xD

Shito

I died 33 times last night, and am now at the second boss, haha.

The load times.better get patched asap xD
Are you new to the serie?
I'm still just at the beginning of the game, but I'm trying to get a feel of how it compares, difficulty-wise, to its predecessors. DS2 was clearly easier than Demon's and DS, and it seems to me they went back to that difficulty "setting" with Bloodborne. DS2 had way too many bonfires, and it lost that joy of discovering a shortcut after a long and demanding section.

Short term, a dent. I have all but stopped caring about Destiny. However, by mid-May, my Bloodborne binge will have subsided, and HoW will pull me firmly back in. At least, that is what I expect to happen.

Silav101

Are you new to the serie?
I'm still just at the beginning of the game, but I'm trying to get a feel of how it compares, difficulty-wise, to its predecessors. DS2 was clearly easier than Demon's and DS, and it seems to me they went back to that difficulty "setting" with Bloodborne. DS2 had way too many bonfires, and it lost that joy of discovering a shortcut after a long and demanding section.
Nah, i finished off demon's and dark souls. Just getting used.to the game agai, and exploring meant me dying a lot. Also chose waste of skin origin, which is pretty hard mode for the beginning bit bit, heh.

Bb aside, hoping i can get a couple of wonderful sherpas this weekend for HM crota, my two 31s need gear from the first two checkpoints.

Short term, a dent. I have all but stopped caring about Destiny. However, by mid-May, my Bloodborne binge will have subsided, and HoW will pull me firmly back in. At least, that is what I expect to happen.

I can't imagine spending over a month and half playing BB

people in the ot have already beat the game

granted I really suck at it but that seems more reason to give up early 🙈

Silav101

Tomorrow is Xur day, there will be more players so probably your best bet to find a team for hm Crota. Weekend will be dead I reckon.
I hope xur sells radiant dance machines this weekend, so i can complete my bladedancer/mida multi-tool/quickboots build and troll around in pvp.

Shito

Yeah, this week-end will probably be dead for Destiny.
I don't even know if or when I'm going to fit the 2 nightfalls and 3 weeklies I still have to do...

Nah, i finished off demon's and dark souls. Just getting used.to the game agai, and exploring meant me dying a lot. Also chose waste of skin origin, which is pretty hard mode for the beginning bit bit, heh.
Ah yeah ok, waste of skin explains why you had so much deaths! :D
I'm not brave enough to attempt this on my first run. Will probably end up using it at one point if I do challenge runs like I did on DS2, though...

Silav101

Yeah, this week-end will probably be dead for Destiny.
I don't even know if or when I'm going to fit the 2 nightfalls and 3 weeklies I still have to do...

Ah yeah ok, waste of skin explains why you had so much deaths! :D
I'm not brave enough to attempt this on my first run. Will probably end up using it at one point if I do challenge runs like I did on DS2, though...
Hit me up for the nightfalls and weeklies, i dont mind helping and i have some armor poeces to level up this weekend. :) i wont be playing tonite, however haha. This waste of skin WILL beat the second boss before the clock ticks 12am.

Shito

Hit me up for the nightfalls and weeklies, i dont mind helping and i have some armor poeces to level up this weekend. :) i wont be playing tonite, however haha. This waste of skin WILL beat the second boss before the clock ticks 12am.
Will do if you're around when I find a time I don't want to play Bloodborne instead. :D
Tonight I have a party at my work, so I probably won't be able to play anything; that's just cruel doing that a day after Bloodborne releases... ^^

noomi

Morning destiny gaf :)

How is everyone doing this fine day? Hope everyone got some nice loot these past few days!

phen0m24

How is everyone doing this fine day? Hope everyone got some nice loot these past few days!

I got 1400 echoes. Does that count? :p

It's a ghost town kinda. Glad there are some new guys (fresh blood if you will) to keep the thread moving.

Jinjo

So after a long and delayed flight I get back home yesterday. Today anxious to fire up some Destiny to play with some GAFfers again. It's a ghost town. :(

Anyway if anyone feels like doing some Nightfalls/weeklies hit me up. I'll be playing DOA till Bloodborne finishes downloading (6-7 hours still).

Crota was rough; we couldn't kill him. We didn't even have bad lag or bugs. I think we just don't have enough HM Crota experience.

Anyone that has HM Crota down to a science willing to help a group out later this week or this weekend? I want the Fang, damnit!

The team was doing really well. The swordbearer was going down quickly, Crota was kneeling in a predictable manner, and Boomers were never a factor.

The ultimate problem, and the greatest issue with the encounter, is that it ultimately comes down to the guy running sword. The reason we didn't take Crota down is simply because our sword guy (me!) is kind of crap.

Not to make excuses, but running HM sword as a non-Hunter is a pain in the ass. My biggest problem last night was that I was either dying or taking too much damage on the way up to the rocks after grabbing the sword. Anyone have any tips for not getting hit during this phase?

I feel like I'm pretty close to getting decent at the job. Unfortunately, practice is hard to come by. No one, including myself, enjoys wiping on that encounter and I hate feeling like I've wasted everyone's time.

That said, I'm totally down to try again, but preferably, we'll get a bad ass sword runner!

Silav101

The team was doing really well. The swordbearer was going down quickly, Crota was kneeling in a predictable manner, and Boomers were never a factor.

The ultimate problem, and the greatest issue with the encounter, is that it ultimately comes down to the guy running sword. The reason we didn't take Crota down is simply because our sword guy (me!) is kind of crap.

Not to make excuses, but running HM sword as a non-Hunter is a pain in the ass. My biggest problem last night was that I was either dying or taking too much damage on the way up to the rocks after grabbing the sword. Anyone have any tips for not getting hit during this phase?

I feel like I'm pretty close to getting decent at the job. Unfortunately, practice is hard to come by. No one, including myself, enjoys wiping on that encounter and I hate feeling like I've wasted everyone's time.

That said, I'm totally down to try again, but preferably, we'll get a bad ass sword runner!

When i do hm crota and the swordrunner is not a hunter, they just do one less hit and okay it ultra-safe. Also, titan and warlock jumps are floaty and slow as fuccckkkkk. :/

What was killing you?

Yesterday we had a team of 6 hunters at hm Crota. I switched to titan for bubble and we got a first timer hunter to do the sword. After one glitch, he got the job done on his second try.

If you're a titan sword bearer, you should pop a bubble on the rock before you jump up to Crota. That helps a lot. You'll jump up with blessing of light and you'll also run back with the blessing.

Also, mash R1 to get close to Crota quickly and also while running away.

When i do hm crota and the swordrunner is not a hunter, they just do one less hit and okay it ultra-safe. Also, titan and warlock jumps are floaty and slow as fuccckkkkk. :/

What was killing you?

The damage I was doing was actually fine. I was playing safe and consistently getting three hits and getting four in once if the timing was perfect. I think I only died once to a Crota sword swing if he went down.

My problem was taking too much damage or dying getting to the rocks after grabbing the sword. Thralls would slap me, crota would shoot me, or my health was such that a boomer would get me on the way back in. Any tips? Up my agility? Perhaps I'm jumping down too early to take down the swordbearer? More grenades from the team?

My problem was taking too much damage or dying getting to the rocks after grabbing the sword. Thralls would slap me, crota would shoot me, or my health was such that a boomer would get me on the way back in. Any tips? Up my agility? Perhaps I'm jumping down too early to take down the swordbearer? More grenades from the team?

Titan? Bubble.

Warlock? Don't go from the same side you attack from. If you attack from right, jump down and go left, cross the sword bearer door and go up the opposite stairs.

Stupid technology-scrub question: I thought the PSN update was supposed to let you use external hard drives to transfer saved videos/pictures off the PS4 hard drive? I plugged in a drive via USB 3.0 cord but it said the USB storage device couldn't be used because the file system is not supported...

VoG has no use for any subclass for that matter. Defender titans maybe, but they're handy in most situations.

That's also why VoG is so good. Any class or subclass can do it, normal or hard.

Golden gun is awesome for oralces and supplicants. Defender is awesome for raiding, period, like you said. Sunsinger was fantastic for #Forever29 self-res'ing but not so valuable these days.

Titan? Bubble.

Warlock? Don't go from the same side you attack from. If you attack from right, jump down and go left, cross the sword bearer door and go up the opposite stairs.

I'll have to try as a Titan. Thanks.

I was running Warlock. Running away to the other side was fine. The problem was getting to the rocks unscathed before even swinging at Crota!

Silav101

Golden gun is awesome for oralces and supplicants. Defender is awesome for raiding, period, like you said. Sunsinger was fantastic for #Forever29 self-res'ing but not so valuable these days.
Cheesing the bridge. Otherwise, entirely correct. Striker titan with flashbang grenades are grear utility, as well.

Stupid technology-scrub question: I thought the PSN update was supposed to let you use external hard drives to transfer saved videos/pictures off the PS4 hard drive? I plugged in a drive via USB 3.0 cord but it said the USB storage device couldn't be used because the file system is not supported...

Ps4 won't read external drives because they have NTFS formatting. Either format it to FAT32 or use a flash drive.

What I meant was there is no class or subclass that is OP in VoG. Unlike CE where bladedancers are

noomi

Ps4 won't read external drives because they have NTFS formatting. Either format it to FAT32 or use a flash drive.

What I meant was there is no class or subclass that is OP in VoG. Unlike CE where bladedancers are

Yep! You can use a free tool to format an external to fat32, just google it. Did it this morning, and it took a few seconds to format.

Upgrading to a 2TB after work today, hope that backing up wont take 8 hours. I am using an older usb 3.0 device so they speed might be a bit slow still....

*edit*

this is the tool I used this morning: http://www.verbatim.com/index/search.php?words=fat32+tool

noomi

Think Deej will date the patch today in the weekly update?

Honestly.... no, I don't think so. Maybe a "soon", or "later in April", but not a solid date. I believe we will get some nice details about the vault space patch today, and a small nod to house of wolves.

Thread will probably pick up today/tomorrow morning with weekly update and xur on the way.

Mornin'

I'm happy because Bloodborne should finally be here today :D (damn amazon and their stupid delay!)

I will probably hop on the vita and knock out a few dailies, but after that it should be a BB weekend.

Stratn

Hey guys, since blood borne has come out my friends list is eerily quite (Destiny wise), so I thought I would start posting now to get a raid going for Friday night 9:30PM EST VOG or CE NM .... PSN = stratn99 Look forward to seeing the hawkmoon err **I mean shards*

noomi

Only issue with fat32 is that you can't copy a singular file that is larger than 4GB.

If you have big videos, you'll need to trim or split them.

Yeah that does kind of suck, but from what I understand when you do a system backup the PS4 puts the files on the external HD in blocks of 4GB's.

Hey guys, since blood borne has come out my friends list is eerily quite (Destiny wise), so I thought I would start posting now to get a raid going for Friday night 9:30PM EST VOG or CE NM .... PSN = stratn99 Look forward to seeing the hawkmoon err **I mean shards*

Same here, I log into destiny in the morning, and none of my friends are in there, I see everyone is playing Bloodborne :D Good luck with the hawkmoon hunt guardian!

Mornin'

I'm happy because Bloodborne should finally be here today :D (damn amazon and their stupid delay!)

I will probably hop on the vita and knock out a few dailies, but after that it should be a BB weekend.

Just don't forget about us dgaffers now :p

Awwesommee, thanks for the techno tips guys. Gotta move Destiny stuff to make room for BB nightmare fuel... out with the old, in with the new!

And yeah, BDancer running sword is easily the most OP subclass for any given raid activity. Great for solo'ing abyss also of course, which is excellent for flawless runs.

The damage I was doing was actually fine. I was playing safe and consistently getting three hits and getting four in once if the timing was perfect. I think I only died once to a Crota sword swing if he went down.

If your team is taking the swordbearer down quickly, there is no need to rush to the sword and put yourself in harm's way for any longer than necessary. That said, I usually rocket the swordbearer from the middle, so you should be able to manage without getting hit if you focus on strafing more than dps on the swordbearer. One small thing I've noticed is that approaching from around the pillars (nearest Crota) seems to help me avoid Crota's shots. It adds a couple seconds to getting the sword, but that shouldn't matter.

All that said, there is one great way to reduce the danger that requires nothing else on your part. If your team employs a bubble distract strategy, have the titan leave to put the bubble up when the swordbearer is at half health or so. As soon as the bubble is up, that will draw Crota's fire. Assuming the team has no problem taking down the swordbearer, you'll lose nothing and get the benefit of not getting hit by Crota on approach.

As for the thrall, I never, ever shoot. Even if there are a ton of them, I just grab the sword and use the fact that it has a large pickup radius to my advantage. The team can help by either throwing grenades or just sniping any cursed thrall. If you roll with the same people, you can designate those roles to make it easier.

And finally, if you do get hit, you should be able to manage assuming the boomers are taken care of. I have been at extremely low health when getting to Crota (typically when the swordbearer doesn't comply and I run down to rocket him) during successful clears. I don't know where you go to escape after a rotation, but I found that leaving the titan in the bubble for a few extra seconds while escaping helps. I tell the titan to leave when I am just running up the steps. The titan will get in just after me, and if the boomers touch anyone, it will be the titan who has a blessing of light active, not me. I also drop the sword as soon as I am off the platform as the delay when dropping it can cause me to get hit or lose my sprint. That helps me get to safety even when one hit would do me in.

Hope something in there helps.

Rehsa

1) HiredN00bs has the patience of a saint.
2) I got my second exotic drop from a raid ever - Hard Light, which I totally didn't buy last week because everyone told me it sucked. :lol
3) I also got Song of Ir Yut which is neat.
4) I ran sword and took down Crota for the first time. Sword School: Graduated.
5) HiredN00bs has the patience of a saint.

Thanks everyone for enduring that run. It felt more like a crawl at the end but we did it. :D
Nice congrats! Feels good to get that first kill huh. Some nice gaffers let me try it a few days ago, nerve wracking and a rush at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom