• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

so... throwback anybody?

waaaaaay back
SG6Kcp5.jpg

IRON BETA
HUmaq9e.jpg

popping that exotic cherry
YCflXxI.jpg

if only we knew....
5oMTmqE.jpg

RIP templar cheese
oHkFIOt.jpg

HAWKMOON (too bad i didn't like it)
QoktlCv.jpg

look at that scrubby guardian
QaCwpxl.jpg

hot tub time's vengeance
T7jPEWm.jpg

And of course...
9fEQosJ.jpg

x2EsQiL.jpg

You had to be there...
Was I really the only level 27 going into the Vault for the first time?

*fades back into BBOT*

LTWood12

Thanks Reign, that's very helpful. I'm still inexperienced in HM swordbearing so there's still a tiny bit of panic every time I see the sword icon appear which causes me to rush and take unnecessary risks. I'm going to start always running NM from the center so the process becomes more second nature.

I'd love to practice w/ you sometime. I'm trying to get better at it too.

Zoba did you get around compiling the stats in post types? Kinda curious what our matchmaking post ratio is.

too lazy

actually i decided to do 1-19 (so roughly 380k posts...) so i can compare the stats in each topic. but i'll wait till this OT is done to post them.

Nice trip down memory lane. I still miss the social aspect of the loot cave. Sometimes I would go to eat and stand there while people shot things inside the cave lol.

it was fun to see 7 guardians shooting into a black hole, and then the fallen vs hive war would happen and everyone would go to town.

I love this post. It's crazy how nostalgic I can be about a game I'm STILL playing, that came out 7 months ago.

nostalgia has no time limit.

well maybe it does because my first crota's end isn't as "nostalgic" as my first vault. my fondest memories are mostly during the alpha and release of the actual game.

So when House launches lol?

that gives me more time lol

i'll post one of them when i'm done counting, but i can probably do something special with the megapost.

Black Hammer is among one of the best raid weapons out there - definitely my favorite sniper in the game. Very happy it's not an exotic.

And Bungie are sometimes delusional about how their game is being played.

Yes, change it from 80% proc rate to 100%. No reason it should be 80%. Also, increase the blast radius.

If they want nechrocasm to be low impact just let the perk proc without having to kill an enemy as well as 100% when killing an an enemy. So say 10% chance that you get an explosion from shooting and 100% chance when the target dies. At least you won't have to unload a full clip into a dreg to kill it and would make it an awesome arc burn weapon.

E92 M3

Any raids happening anytime in the next hour or so? Real long shot i know.

I'm raiding the kitchen at work soon ;P

If they want nechrocasm to be low impact just let the perk proc without having to kill an enemy as well as 100% when killing an an enemy. So say 10% chance that you get an explosion from shooting and 100% chance when the target dies. At least you won't have to unload a full clip into a dreg to kill it and would make it an awesome arc burn weapon.

Anything more than what they have now!

RetroMG

I'll try and sort out a conflux CP on my warlock.

#forevernofatebringer club.

1. Feorax
2. Ruthless
3. RetroMG
4. RidliiMM

Use everyone elses stuff.

I'll go. I've never really tried for Fatebringer.

EDIT: My friend and fellow Gaffer Ridlii wants to come as well.

stb

Thanks, guys.

I can help, add me on psn: ruthlesbarbarian

DJ: I think you and I are on opposite schedules, but I appreciate the offer.

We've gotten pretty good at handling most variables since we almost always have 2 new randoms each week, sometimes between each run. We got it on the first try twice this week after getting it first try twice last week.

If you want me to sherpa for a kill or even just party chat at some point, maybe I can pass enough information along to help get your group over the hump.

Much appreciated; I'll see if I can rally the troops Friday or this weekend. I think we'd prefer the sherpa option; we all understand the strategy and necessary roles/duties, but we're just missing the HM experience to make it click.

We played all the way through HM yesterday because we didn't have the CP (I saw you and someone else offer the CP, but we were already at DS), so we were pretty burnt out by the time we got to Crota. That was probably a decent part of it.

It'd be great to have someone confident leading the charge; our group is really loose and fun, so it sucks when we get frustrated by such a finicky encounter.

Contemplating deleting a character to go through the (awful) story and get the stranger's rifle for pvp.

Someone tell me 1) that I'm crazy or 2) that it's worth it.

Contemplating deleting a character and to go through the (awful) story and get the stranger's rifle for pvp.

Did you dismantle all 3?

I didn't get it on my new warlock cause I skipped the final cutscene.

I recently played black garden and sat through the cutscene, and got the rifle :)

stb

The team was doing really well. The swordbearer was going down quickly, Crota was kneeling in a predictable manner, and Boomers were never a factor.

The ultimate problem, and the greatest issue with the encounter, is that it ultimately comes down to the guy running sword. The reason we didn't take Crota down is simply because our sword guy (me!) is kind of crap.

Not to make excuses, but running HM sword as a non-Hunter is a pain in the ass. My biggest problem last night was that I was either dying or taking too much damage on the way up to the rocks after grabbing the sword. Anyone have any tips for not getting hit during this phase?

I feel like I'm pretty close to getting decent at the job. Unfortunately, practice is hard to come by. No one, including myself, enjoys wiping on that encounter and I hate feeling like I've wasted everyone's time.

That said, I'm totally down to try again, but preferably, we'll get a bad ass sword runner!

Don't sweat it. The group could have done a better job with grenades, rockets, and sniping to cover your run to the sword and rocks. And I wasn't aware of the bubble placement aggroing Crota. I'll work on that placement. Between those things, the warlock melee/flame shield, and just experience in general, that SHOULD help what seems to be our failure point.

Also, stupid deaths wearing the group's will down. I died twice in the crystal room, essentially wiping the run because I was the only titan. That's something else we can improve, making sure we have at least 2 titans so one dying doesn't waste a run.

That said, for this week, I agree that I'd like to have a sherpa/sword ringer brought in. =)

Thanks Reign, that's very helpful. I'm still inexperienced in HM swordbearing so there's still a tiny bit of panic every time I see the sword icon appear which causes me to rush and take unnecessary risks. I'm going to start always running NM from the center so the process becomes more second nature.

That's a great idea. We can start doing center strategy with the group in NM with next week's raids.

Thanks RoS and DJ for all the tips.

mamoui

Contemplating deleting a character to go through the (awful) story and get the stranger's rifle for pvp.

You're crazy! But after having my ass kicked by it yersterday i kidda get it.

If you go with it tell me, ill help you through it.

Homeboyd

A) You're crazy
B) It's crazy to do it just for a stranger's rifle alone, but
C) You're going to do all that to play MORE destiny PvP????
D) Yeah, you're fkn crazy
E) It's not worth it
F) You're crazy
G) They'll nerf it eventually

A) You're crazy
B) It's crazy to do it just for a stranger's rifle alone, but
C) You're going to do all that to play MORE destiny PvP????
D) Yeah, you're fkn crazy
E) It's not worth it
F) You're crazy
G) They'll nerf it eventually

You make a strong case. It'll probably get nerfed along with a FW buff anyway.

I'd love to practice w/ you sometime. I'm trying to get better at it too.

That'd be great. Maybe we can convince Hawkian to run a HM Sword class?

BTW, if you're still working on the Pocket Infinity bounty, I found the Temple of Crota is a pretty good area to get kills. 2-3 runs through should do it.

I think I'm going to try HM crota 3 times this week, and if I don't get the crux I'm done with this game till HoW....20+ clears and no crux....

patchday

Black Hammer is a wonderful and exciting weapon, that should totally have been an exotic.
I'm happy as fuck I can use it alongside the horn or another fun exotic, mind you, but it's crazy they kept such a cool perk / concept out of the exotics pool.

Thank God its not an exotic!! I hate wasting time leveling up exotic guns. Only 1 maxed exotic for me ever- ballerhorn.

If I ever max a 2nd exotic it would be Icebreaker for the occasional snipefest in those dull NFs where its too dangerous to fight mobs upclose

Steroyd

March 26th 2015.

Steroyd awakems the hive for the sake of xp, he felt like a person going back to the scene of the place that caused his PTSD.

My god, why is Steroyd talking in the third person, yup still broked.

Bradach

I was on bungies forum reading up on what loot falls where in crotas end and I came across this phrase;

•Exotic Weapon (Randomly selected out of the weekly pool)

A weekly pool? So does that mean than there are some exotic weapons that are just not in the pool in a particular week? Like, some weeks no one gets a gjallerhorn in CE because its not part of the CE pool?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84739454/0/0/1

I was on bungies forum reading up on what loot falls where in crotas end and I came across this phrase;

A weekly pool? So does that mean than there are some exotic weapons that are just not in the pool in a particular week? Like, some weeks no one gets a gjallerhorn in CE because its not part of the CE pool?
O.O i have never heard that before. if it's true, i frankly don't know how i feel about that....

Ghazi

Lmao wtf . If there is a limited selection, that would make more sense than the randomness.

Since NLB is weighed so high, it would be there pretty often

Homeboyd

Would also explain why me and another guy both got hard lights as our exotic drops from crota this week (in the same run). That gun seems to be super rare normally.

Ghazi

Bungie never explains anything, so I could see them not mentioning this. Someone probably thought it was public knowledge and three that in there. Shows how little people read those help pages, too.

Steroyd

That would explain why a total of 3 Gjallahorns dropped this week in our group on Tuesday doing Deathsinger plus Crota x3... 2 of which went to one person. *cough*

Impala26

There is a disclaimer at the bottom:

Important things to take note of
•The Helmet can drop on Normal mode, but at a much lower rate than Hard Mode
•Chests can only be looted once each week regardless of difficulty
•Deathsinger can only be looted once each week regardless of difficulty (Treated as a chest)
•Gauntlets only drop on the Pit Encounter
•Chestpiece and Boots only drop on the Bridge Encounter
•Special/Heavy weapons do not drop on Hard Mode
•Must have completed Hard Mode at least once for Crux of Crota to drop
•Weekly pool refers to a theory about certain Exotics dropping higher during certain weeks

So I guess in a given week certain exotics are thus MORE LIKELY to drop rather than the others removed from the pool completely.

Huh... yeah some transparency here could help everyone.

LTWood12

That'd be great. Maybe we can convince Hawkian to run a HM Sword class?

BTW, if you're still working on the Pocket Infinity bounty, I found the Temple of Crota is a pretty good area to get kills. 2-3 runs through should do it.

Yeah man! I forgot to respond, but that's what I totally did to get it. Thanks. It was the last thing I did on that character before deleting it. Finally made a Warlock. I'm level 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom