• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

There is a disclaimer at the bottom:

So I guess in a given week certain exotics are thus MORE LIKELY to drop rather than the others removed from the pool completely.

Huh... yeah some transparency here could help everyone.

ops! probably should have finished reading before posting here.

rNilla

•Weekly pool refers to a theory about certain Exotics dropping higher during certain weeks

Oh so it's nonsense.

"Also must have Speaker Emblem equipped."
"Also must fast 24 hours prior to enacting potential exotic drop."
"Also must pat your head and rub your tummy right before the drop."

LTWood12

That's just a post from someone in the community, not someone who works for Bungie. We know the Crux can drop on the first HM clear since Nami's GF got it her first run.

Since we're doing throwbacks. This is the greatest thing I've ever seen RNG do in this game. The match lasted half a second.

By-WL76IEAA1UcV.jpg:large

Shito

Thank God its not an exotic!! I hate wasting time leveling up exotic guns. Only 1 maxed exotic for me ever- ballerhorn.

If I ever max a 2nd exotic it would be Icebreaker for the occasional snipefest in those dull NFs where its too dangerous to fight mobs upclose
That's also another great thing about Black Hammer: its unique perk is the first bubble to unlock.
All exotics should follow this model, really. Make us unlock the perk that makes the weapon fun to begin with, and then we can slowly upgrade the damage it does...

I was on bungies forum reading up on what loot falls where in crotas end and I came across this phrase;

•Exotic Weapon (Randomly selected out of the weekly pool)

A weekly pool? So does that mean than there are some exotic weapons that are just not in the pool in a particular week? Like, some weeks no one gets a gjallerhorn in CE because its not part of the CE pool?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84739454/0/0/1

Why am I not surprised. Bungie will do anything to screw us. Anything!!!!!!!

There handling\decision making of almost everything has been pretty poor.

Impala26

That's also another great thing about Black Hammer: its unique perk is the first bubble to unlock.
All exotics should follow this model, really. Make us unlock the perk that makes the weapon fun to begin with, and then we can slowly upgrade the damage it does...

This is the most irritating thing about leveling up the Pocket Infinity--it's unique trait is the last bubble before the final four upgrade damage bubbles. It's annoying because until I hit that my simple rare Dammerung fusion rifle is arguably better with a faster fire rate and a 9-round mag.

border

Yeah, I got two Plan Cs yesterday on two different characters. There's definitely something that makes certain exotics more likely to drop than others, it's just a question of whether this differs for each individual player, or whether it is population-wide.

It would be disapointing to know there is a hidden week loot table from Bungie.

By far the most common Exotic drops I see drop are the Plan C and Truth and for the DLC is the No Land Beyond.

Deku Tree

I guess it makes sense that Bungie would roughly try to maintain some control over which weapons are in circulation by changing the drop percentages each week in order to "spread around" a certain weapon or to keep other weapons more "rare".

Feorax

Fatebringer get!

Thanks for the runs guys. Sorry I had to bail before crota (I still need to run it for BH), but the other half is home and I need to get shit sorted. I might well be back on a little bit later though.

Edit: also, said other half has decided it's time to play peggle 2

patchday

That would be awesome! Then I'd look forward to exotic drops. The way they have it setup now when I get a new exotic weapon:

"Oh snap got a new exotic! SWEEETT! Oh wait- now I have to spend a lot of my free time unlocking the perks."

I purchased red death from Xur the other week but never bothered using it cause I figure it would suck anyways unless I put in lots of time to unlock final perk. instead I just exited Destiny immediately after buying the weapon.

Now exotic armors I dont mind since those level up quick too me. Its right at that sweet spot for me.

Lima

Question for the PS4 crowd. With resume/suspend now out does it keep connection to the servers or is it like on Xbox where it puts you back to the title screen? I mean it works with Bloodborne and doesn't kick you out.

Question for the PS4 crowd. With resume/suspend now out does it keep connection to the servers or is it like on Xbox where it puts you back to the title screen? I mean it works with Bloodborne and doesn't kick you out.

It should kick you since Destiny requires you to be always online

Deku Tree

People say Destiny kicks you. I haven't tried yet.

Destiny has a persistent online world. BB has invasions and summoning which is much more limited online interactions.

Some people have said that BB kicks you into offline mode when you do suspend/resume but I haven't verified it.

ocean

Banned
That would be awesome! Then I'd look forward to exotic drops. The way they have it setup now when I get a new exotic weapon:

"Oh snap got a new exotic! SWEEETT! Oh wait- now I have to spend a lot of my free time unlocking the perks."

I purchased red death from Xur the other week but never bothered using it cause I figure it would suck anyways unless I put in lots of time to unlock final perk. instead I just exited Destiny immediately after buying the weapon.

Now exotic armors I dont mind since those level up quick too me. Its right at that sweet spot for me.
Armor gaims XP on kills from all your weapons/abilities, a few thousand per Crucible match, Daily Heroic missions and moreover require less XP. Add those up and they level significantly quicker.

TheOddOne

Random: "I've never gotten the Fatebringer from the Templar checkpoint. I've been playing this raid since the beginning."

I was the only one that actually got it during the raid.

And now I have three of them.

ocean

Banned
Random: "I've never gotten the Fatebringer from the Templar checkpoint. I've been playing this raid since the beginning."

I was the only one that actually got it during the raid.

And now I have three of them.
It's been 6 months + since VoG opened and I still don't have the fusion rifle.

TheOddOne

It's been 6 months + since VoG opened and I still don't have the fusion rifle.
That sucks major.

Feels like each of the raids have something that they never give the player. I know for sure that I'm not getting the Black Hammer in the next two months.

Hey DGAF, I've been enjoying BB. I hope I get to play with some of you guys soon.

I'm still looking to do HM Crota 3x this week if anyone is available.

RetroMG

That sucks major.

Feels like each of the raids have something that they never give the player. I know for sure that I'm not getting the Black Hammer in the next two months.

It's really subjective, because it's just RNG. I see a lot of people saying they'll never get Black Hammer, but I got it on my first run through Crota, and I've gotten another since. I've been chasing Gjallerhorn forever, but I see people who have five.

I wonder how much of it is just wanting what we don't have. If I had Gjallerhorn instead of Hawkmoon, would I be chasing Hawkmoon instead?

EDIT: I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic, just thinking out loud.

ocean

Banned
That sucks major.

45 Normal Crota clears. Zero Black Hammer or Machine Gun. It's insane.

The VoG FR or CE MG I don't care about to be honest. But it sucks majorly to not have Black Hammer, it's the only top tier PvE weapon in missing :/

TheOddOne

It's really subjective, because it's just RNG. I see a lot of people saying they'll never get Black Hammer, but I got it on my first run through Crota, and I've gotten another since. I've been chasing Gjallerhorn forever, but I see people who have five.

I wonder how much of it is just wanting what we don't have. If I had Gjallerhorn instead of Hawkmoon, would I be chasing Hawkmoon instead?

EDIT: I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic, just thinking out loud.
I get what you're saying. Still, every Crota weapon, except Black Hammer, has dropped multiple times for me. It's just insane to me that RNG keeps passing on that specific weapon. It’s not even a rare exotic. Why it’s being stingy is just baffling to me.
45 Normal Crota clears. Zero Black Hammer or Machine Gun. It's insane.

The VoG FR or CE MG I don't care about to be honest. But it sucks majorly to not have Black Hammer, it's the only top tier PvE weapon in missing :/
Aww man :(

We in the same boat.

CLBridges

Finally got around to leveling my Felwinter's Lie with HammerForged and ShotPackage. That gun is as ridiculous as I thought it was when I was getting one shotted across the room during Iron Banner. I don't like the Rate of Fire though, so I'll probably go back to using Secret Handshake if I do use a shotty in Crucible.

Frostburn

Anyone doing Nightfalls, Atheon or Crota's End? Looking to hop on in about 15 minutes for some good co-op. If not then I'll probably be back at Bloodborne :)

praedyth's timepiece, corrective measure, swordbreaker, necrochasm and black hammer are the only raid weapons i'm missing from this game. only really care for black hammer but i'm not starving for it.

which means NF/Executor are never going to drop the one weapon i do want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom