• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a packrat.

Of course people's vaults aren't full. Don't they understand why that is? We have to keep deleting shit to keep moving our gear around. My vault is never full because of this yet I desperately need more space. I'm deleting good gear constantly.

Exactly. I have enough space to move my good stuff between characters. There's no point in it being full all the time or I can never swap anything without deleting stuff.

GhaleonEB

Would also explain why me and another guy both got hard lights as our exotic drops from crota this week (in the same run). That gun seems to be super rare normally.

Super underwhelming vault plan Bungie has...

Should have looked at WoW and made a separate spot for shaders/emblems etc.

Guessing they ran into memory problems. That they had to disable a feature in the vault for the older gen games just to get this update in makes me think they were already up against limits. What I don't understand is why they didn't change the stack limits on the items. 20 for synth, 200 for mats, etc.

Can't wait for Destiny 2 to be on only two platforms. The old ones clearly held back the design in a lot of ways.

And yeah, there will be more vaults in the Reef.

Lima

The saves are on their servers. And they should be because otherwise we would have rampant cheating like in Diablo 3 on PS4 with its local saves.

They are being cheap with vault space because each vault slot mutilplied by 16 million players or whatever the number is costs them recurring monthly server expenses.

It has nothing to do with PS360 IMO. Pages of vault space on the old consoles would be no problem.

I have no reason not to believe them on this when they clearly say in the update that they are pushing 360/PS3 memory limits and are disabling a feature on the old systems.

NGji04W.jpg

That's just rude, Bungle.

Guessing they ran into memory problems. That they had to disable a feature in the vault for the older gen games just to get this update in makes me think they were already up against limits. What I don't understand is why they didn't change the stack limits on the items. 20 for synth, 200 for mats, etc.

Can't wait for Destiny 2 to be on only two platforms. The old ones clearly held back the design in a lot of ways.

And yeah, there will be more vaults in the Reef.

it'd be interesting if the reef had a separate vault from the tower.

Namikaze1

Look at all dem Gjallarhorns!

One of them has Narmer's name on it!

:D
:)
:|
:(
I am sorry, Narmer.

Vault needed to be doubled in my opinion. But I'll take what I can.

Deku Tree

Any Crota 3x HM happening soon? Also Deku where are you in BB :( I need help with the 3rd/4th boss

I am level 20. I only beat the first boss so far. 4+ hours of play time. :)

I have a Warlock. I was going to replace her with another Hunter. Waste of time anyway I suppose.

All three characters are basically full and there's a lot of Warlock exotics. I guess the second Hunter would have plenty of room to keep that stuff though.

Delete some useless purple armor. I am only missing two exotic armors and I have lots of duplicate raid armors. And the only slot that is anywhere close to full is the helmet slot.

I'm just saying it's possible to save it.

I have no reason not to believe them on this when they clearly say in the update that they are pushing 360/PS3 memory limits and are disabling a feature on the old systems.

I believe them when they say that they had to disable a feature on PS360 because of memory limits. And I believe them when they say they will have more solutions in the future. Maybe as has been said a second reef vault?

I also think they are being careful to limit vault space because of trying to save on their server costs. I find it hard to believe that last gen memory constraints is the ultimate thing that restricted them to only 24 armors and 36 weapons and 24 general items.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Thanks so much for helping me get Thorn!

Alright, gonna once try again to start a HM Crota Raid. We might have a very good lvl 32 Hunter who'll be swordearer, so I might be good with just four more people.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

It would be an admission they are flying by the seat of their pants. They are playing catch up with inadequate resources and systems to support it

i wont excuse the stuff they've done post launch, but i definitely give them the benefit of the doubt as to what "destiny" is when it's so clearly being held back by last gen.

i wont excuse the stuff they've done post launch, but i definitely give them the benefit of the doubt as to what "destiny" is when it's so clearly being held back by last gen.

That is a good point. Last gen will be an Albatross holding it back until at least Destiny 2.

Ghazi

Interesting that the weekly update had no tease about what topic Deej might cover next week.

Yeah, I hope there's more to the next update than that. We need weapon rebalancing soon, at least. On the bright side, they did say this vault change is a stop gap change until a larger update.

Alright, gonna once try again to start a HM Crota Raid. We might have a very good lvl 32 Hunter who'll be swordearer, so I might be good with just four more people.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)
Will you take a 31?

If so: TheLamonster

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)
Gah, actually I have to go eat dinner now. Sorry man! Added to friends anyway.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

I'll be on in a bit, currently grabbing a snack.

Lima

Armor isn't really an issue if you have one of each class really. I never have anything stored in there. I guess it's more of an issue if you have multiple of the same class and need to switch stuff between characters.

Armor isn't really an issue if you have one of each class really. I never have anything stored in there. I guess it's more of an issue if you have multiple of the same class and need to switch stuff between characters.

I had a thing about hoarding cosmetic items.. Even blue ones

but I'm a weirdo

E92 M3

It pisses me off that the old consoles are significantly altering our game experience. They could probably do so much more if it wasn't for the 360 and PS3 holding things back.

It pisses me off that the old consoles are significantly altering our game experience. They could probably do so much more if it wasn't for the 360 and PS3 holding things back.

i dunno how people play this game on those consoles

i remember when lizard squad took ps4 psn down and i red boxed the ps3 version

dark times

Lima

dark times

I played the 360 version once since it unlocks all achievements you have on Xbox One again. Started up Vault of Glass just for shits and giggles. Oh god nope.

Deku Tree

I played destiny on my PS3 when the lizard squad was hacking us. It was horrible. The jaggies. The framerate. Omg. I couldn't take it even just visit the tower to do business with Xur was the worst.

E92 M3

dark times

Makes you appreciate it more ;)

I played the 360 version once since it unlocks all achievements you have on Xbox One again. Started up Vault of Glass just for shits and giggles. Oh god nope.

I did the same thing for the achievements -- too tempting to pass up all of the points lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom