• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I guess the limitations of the last gen consoles really is the reason why the vault is so bad. There has to be a better way than simply eeking out a tiny number of extra spaces, because every expansion is going to presumably add more and more weapons and armor.

hydruxo

Really hope that Bungie ditches last gen for Comet. If they want to correct Destiny's issues it's only going to make things harder if they're limited by what can run on 360/PS3. I'm worried that Activision might make them keep last gen versions though.

A fully current gen Destiny game has so much potential.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only 10 people on list playing this compared to the usual 40-50 daily.

Want to kill Atheon x3 but that ain't happening.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Anyone willing to help me do a HM Crota Raid at least up until the bridge? I already did Crota himself and I did all of the Raid on NM so I just need to do the first section and the bridge (if we have warlocks with Icebreaker of course we'll cheese it) on HM.

PSN: El_Bombastico

Really hope that Bungie ditches last gen for Comet. If they want to correct Destiny's issues it's only going to make things harder if they're limited by what can run on 360/PS3. I'm worried that Activision might make them keep last gen versions though.

A fully current gen Destiny game has so much potential.

"want more destiny? get a 2nd job and buy a new console"

would be pretty ballsy.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I dont know how, but me and Ghaleon_EB managed to complete the Abyss section on Crota HM. We now just need to do the birdge. All we need is two more people, at least one of which must be a warlock with Icebreaker so we can cheese.

PLEASE help!

PSN: El_Bombastico or Ghaleon_EB

GhaleonEB

I dont know how, but me and Ghaleon_EB managed to complete the Abyss section on Crota HM. We now just need to do the birdge. All we need is two more people, at least one of which must be a warlock with Icebreaker so we can cheese.

PLEASE help!

I bagged the Oversoul Edict for it, as well. My Warlock will be grateful for our sneaky Hunter ways.

border

PLEASE help!

I will be back on in a couple minutes-- I can bring my warlock if you want to cheese it.

RetroMG

PLEASE help!

I have to write a conclusion for a term paper, but when I am done I will try to check in and help where I can.

PLEASE help!

I can help! I got a warlock with regen but I am still a level 30 but need sharss to upgrade. I will join you guys, if you have room.

lol at that pic

vault_bigger.jpg

str8 trollin
did bungie post that for the weekly update? Was it the old gen holding the vault space back?

is it just me, or is the weekly update late? perhaps they're trying to jazz it up a little bit more than they had initially intended?

BloodBorne Effect is in full bloom
Game is an addiction for me, worst than destiny. i just spend all my time wondering around blindless looking for secrets stuff :p

LTWood12

Got my Warlock from level 2 to 11 tonight in about 2 1/2 hours. Not too bad. Hard to get used to glide coming from Titan and Hunter

Yeah that's a slap to the face to gjallarhorn-less players. Personally I think it's disrespectful from whomever decided to post that. They know its the most desired weapon and are refusing to sell it.

That's deej's vault. Every time xur would randomly decide to sell the horn, deej would steal it and replace it with some other exotic from his vault.

Hrm, reading the update-
disabling the item comparison feature within the Vault on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Item comparison will continue to function within the Vault on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in all other contexts on all platforms.

So what they're trying to say, is you won't be able to compare things in the vault for the last gen versions? The fuck? I wonder why, too much CPU or RAM being taken up?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
did bungie post that for the weekly update? Was it the old gen holding the vault space back?
Seems to be. After the patch, the last gen versions will not be able to compare items from the vault to items equipped.

Hrm, reading the update-
So what they're trying to say, is you won't be able to compare things in the vault for the last gen versions? The fuck? I wonder why, too much CPU or RAM being taken up?
They say it's a memory issue in the update.

Homeboyd

Pages would seem to solve the memory issue, no? Too many items on the screen? Load page 2. Am I missing something?

I'm sure it isn't that easy... just seems like the way to go here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Weird. I really hope they drop the last gen versions for the sequel.
It makes me wonder what they could be possibly doing to be running out of memory on a glorified inventory screen.

I was right! I mention that in the past muhaha
poi gao Nyanpasu
!
Yeah, I didn't believe it if only because so many games have probably bigger inventories. I mean, I assume Diablo 3 on last gen isn't gimped in anyway.
Kancolle has 500 inventory slots. Poi poi.

Pages would seem to solve the memory issue, no? Too many items on the screen? Load page 2. Am I missing something?

I'm sure it isn't that easy... just seems like the way to go here.
I hope it's more than just a display issue, because that would be a ridiculous reason for why they are running into technical issues.

It makes me wonder what they could be possibly doing to be running out of memory on a glorified inventory screen.

Yeah, I didn't believe it if only because so many games have probably bigger inventories. I mean, I assume Diablo 3 on last gen isn't gimped in anyway.
Kancolle has 500 inventory slots. Poi poi.

I hope it's more than just a display issue, because that would be a ridiculous reason for why they are running into technical issues.

My guess would be that they're constantly rendering the models of the weapons in the background while you're in the vault, in case you examine it closer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My guess would be that they're constantly rendering the models of the weapons in the background while you're in the vault, in case you examine it closer.
It will sometimes take a few seconds to pop in though - which you see when you travel to another location - so I don't know. If that's really the case, they should just turn it off while in the vault or something.

It will sometimes take a few seconds to pop in though - which you see when you travel to another location - so I don't know. If that's really the case, they should just turn it off while in the vault or something.

Yeah, it pops in other contexts(Which Bungie mentions you can still compare in other contexts) so I'm guessing it's special coding for the Vault. It'd look bad on them if the gear and weapons had to pop in while you were in the vault on the tower, so they choose to disable comparisons which...well it's just a text boss. Maybe it's the actual comparison programming that adds the green/red bars?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it pops in other contexts(Which Bungie mentions you can still compare in other contexts) so I'm guessing it's special coding for the Vault. It'd look bad on them if the gear and weapons had to pop in while you were in the vault on the tower, so they choose to disable comparisons which...well it's just a text boss. Maybe it's the actual comparison programming that adds the green/red bars?
I'd be willing to trade off all those gimmicks for a simple text-based vault with space for hundreds of items. lol

this has definitely been a dry week for my friend's list on destiny. no more than a handful of people on at any given time.

i hope bungie's been thinking very carefully about how their going to expand their social features/matchmaking for the game. unless that's also being held back by last gen or something.

Jinjo

Vault size is disappointing. The misc. part will fill up for me in an instant and when HoW comes along with new currency and weapons so will the rest of the vault. Really disappointing this after making us wait for months.

Defyler

Dead game

Dead thread

Dead Orbit.

But seriously. Update was pitiful.

Population is on a mass exodus.

What's to keep anyone around now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom