• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all just waiting for new content. For now, that came in the form of Bloodborne. I'm expecting a much lower population through to the House of Wolves release. That will pop things back up quite a bit.

I suspect Comet will make it feel like launch all over again.

I hope so, I havn't touched the game in a long time. I've done the content, I've got the loot I really wanted. I'll pick it back up for HoW and I'll buy the comet because I've had more than enough fun for the price I paid for the ghost edition.

That said I'd like some long term goals for later releases.

Obsidian and ruin wings for me. Gets me two steps closer to completing the exotic collection.

Just thunderlord, sunbreakers, glass house, crest of alpha lupi (warlock) to go.

Shito

Nothing for me this week at Xur's, but this is probably one of his best showings ever. Every item he's selling today is either good or awesome.

Ruin Wings get!

So between the crux I finally snagged yesterday and the exotic engram rolling into a 331 sun breakers, I now own all the (Xbox) exotics!

Time to finish the last few levelling, and edge my last few factions in prep for HoW.

Xur has been kind to me this week.

Bradach

Oh, a nice scout rifle. Thank you Xur, that was one weapon class that I have never gotten better than a blue drop for, so I'll be definitely buying that.

Also if i pickup that warlock helm i'll have a full set of 36 light gear. Not a bad Xur week at all.

Lima

Nearing the end of my first Bloodborne playthrough. Don't really want it to end right now so hey time for a break and some Destiny.

Silav101

Nearing the end of my first Bloodborne playthrough. Don't really want it to end right now so hey time for a break and some Destiny.

Lol finally beat the second boss he was slapping me around like crota does a thought-he-was-invisible bladedancer.

Hope enough of dgaf is back this weekend, i need some kind sherpas for the first two drops of CE hard.

Deku Tree

Gonna buy Ruin Wings. Then I am only one exotic away from owning all exotics. Need
Armamentarium
and I don't care if I get it.

Have everything xur is selling, I'll only buy if it has a significantly better roll.

Having said that, I have every exotic that he could sell.

Only missing 4th horseman and Monte Carlo.

ocean

Banned
Gonna buy Ruin Wings. Then I am only one exotic away from owning all exotics. Need
Armamentarium
and I don't care if I get it.
It's ugly as hell but honestly not bad at all. Double grenades are very useful in a variety of PVE scenarios (blind everything), not to mention PvP (double magnetics OP).

I grew attached to Armamentarium since VoG never dropped chest for my main. I used Armamentarium to reach 30 back in the day :)

KxoZz

Lol finally beat the second boss he was slapping me around like crota does a thought-he-was-invisible bladedancer.

Hope enough of dgaf is back this weekend, i need some kind sherpas for the first two drops of CE hard.

I beat the second boss yesterday after eventually realising that this wasn't Destiny and just trying to do max DPS wasn't gonna cut it lol.

gotta finish some crotas and atheons before reset now though, then back to bloodborne :)

ocean

Banned
Sheer curiosity.

Do you think Bungie devs figured out the current Crota strategy being so easy? I mean going to the middle balcony makes The DPS team invulnerable. Boomers, melee Knights, Thralls, Etc were all a concern when we camped left stairs. Now the only player who risks dying is the sword bearer. Jumping through distract bubble towards ogre closet makes that part easy too.

I mean it's amazing that the community came up with a basically perfect strategy for that fight. But one has to wonder if the level designers saw that one coming :p

So happy that Obsidian Mind is available to everyone now. It makes Voidwalker supreme, as if there were ever any doubt before. Be sure you have Soul Rip and Bloom enabled for maximum awesomeness.

I'm getting that Hunter helmet today for my baby Hunter, maybe the glove engram to see if I can get the Don't Touch Me's.

It's a very interesting question.

It's hard to tell the line between ornamentation, and level design. E.g. the random dangly hooks that sometimes get in the way of double jumps....is that deliberate or not?

Not sure if the window ledge was even though about as an area to stand on...or the distance of that to Crota versus Crota's firing/detection range.

By putting in a LOT of very OP insta-kill you enemies they made the community find methods to bypass those enemies entirely.

Doing the raid "properly" on normal is actually fun because you feel like you're shooting your way through and achieveing something...rather than following a set route to avoid all danger zones in a map.

amar212

Sheer curiosity.

Do you think Bungie devs figured out the current Crota strategy being so easy? I mean going to the middle balcony makes The DPS team invulnerable. Boomers, melee Knights, Thralls, Etc were all a concern when we camped left stairs. Now the only player who risks dying is the sword bearer. Jumping through distract bubble towards ogre closet makes that part easy too.

I mean it's amazing that the community came up with a basically perfect strategy for that fight. But one has to wonder if the level designers saw that one coming :p

I discussed that with my team in the week when Hard launched.

We were 100% certain that Bungie will update the game and remove the ledge. However, it haven't happened yet. And there is so many small, but important details in that particular "strategy" that leaves wonder about the process:

- When you are actually on the ledge and hiding with the group behind the column when Crota is on the right, all players can "go inside" a bit, despite the glass is there.

- On that same position, and despite the glass is there, the thralls can scratch you from the inside, but you can also melee-kill them if outside (guns don't work). Despite the glass.

- You can pick up inside Orbs when outside and vice-versa, despite the glass.

It really seems deliberate. Because, let's be honest, without the ledge, HM Crota encounter is truly crazy. We tried it few times, it is manageable, but th level of trial-and-error is too high simply because it is almost impossible to avoid single member getting killed.

I am looking forward to HoW and level rise, so we can table HM Crota with higher defense numbers. But with current damage level that all ads are providing to players, it would really be extremely frustrating, simply because it is impossible to stay alive because of relation of dealt damage and ability to sustain it in situations that are commonly occurring in encounter.

With the current relation of ads (level 33) and players (level 32), only viable tactic for encounter is to actually avoid encounter. There is almost no logic to encounter anything - even the group of thralls - simply because their DPS is too high for the level 32 gear.

Manp

good guy Xur

Manp said:
missing exotics:

Titan:
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides (LOL)

Hunter:
- Achlyophage Symbiote (had the 30 light one but dismantled it when i didn't have an hunter)
- Lucky Raspberry (actually want this one)
- Mask of the Third Man (actually want this one)
- Radiant Dance Machines (LOL)

Warlock:
- Apotheosis Veil
- Claws of Ahamkara

Weapons:
- Hard Light
- Monte Carlo
- Red Death (actually want this one)
- Universal Remote

not so far off...

:)

TheOddOne

have the removed the advisor section on bungie.net?

I cant find it today. i'd be disappointed if they removed it
It's there for me.

imAUCqFmnPuf2.png

Kyne

Really good Xur this week.

It's a shame my girlfriend and I are getting bored of the game. Wouldn't have even touched it this week if she didn't need the chest piece from Iron Banner.

I think Bungie should have stuck to their earlier release date of HoW (if that was even a thing)

ocean

Banned
I don't think the current start is cheesy or that it exploits level design in the manner of, say, sniping Oracles/Templar from above.

It just seems like the encounter was designed with very deliberate obstacles to deal with and we found a way to *avoid* them entirely :p

When was the last time you saw a Wizard next to Crota? Week 1 right? Because we don't kill boomers anymore. Because they can't touch us.

Last time you blinded Gatekeeper down in middle tunnel? Week 1 probably because we don't even see that poor soul anymore. We're right over his head the whole time :p

Last time you had to wonder whether Ogres were out or go out looking for them? Nevah because we camp over his fat head and spawnrape him.

Middle balcony gives you a clear shot at Swordbearer without "drawing him in" like we used to.

I mean it's a true achievement of the community to have perfected a strategy so damn good. I see nothing wrong with using it as it's a creative solution to the crazy shit they throw at us in that encounter. But I can definitely imagine Bungie devs going "oh shit" when they saw those videos.

I forgot that trading in for higher exotics required glimmer.

Then I remembered how stupid that was. Xur has everything I need but it'd cost 21k glimmer. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

The Ocho

Neo Member
Xur brought a bountiful spread this week it seems. Alas my poor guardian is short on coins. Looking for one kind soul to help out with some weeklies and one nightfall.

Also If anyone has the gatekeeper checkpoint so I can farm up some glimmer that would be great as well.

Homeboyd

I forgot that trading in for higher exotics required glimmer.

Then I remembered how stupid that was. Xur has everything I need but it'd cost 21k glimmer. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
The cost to upgrade is TOO DAMN HIGH.

- The original exotic (including all the xp, glimmer, mats, exotic shard and time dumped into it)
- 7000+ more glimmer
- an exotic shard for some reason

And then you get to start over when you get the upgraded version and dump more glimmer, xp, mats, an exotic shard and time all over again. Makes 0 sense.

ONE OF THE BEST XURS EVER!

Ruin wings and Mida (the only exotic drop I still didn't have).

I'll hop on and get these and then hop on Bloodborne again. Still looking for 3x HM Crota btw :(

Shirow

Banned
I don't even know how I am going to get all the strange coins needed to get all of xur's exotics. I'm low on coins but I haven't done any weeklies thou. Is the weapon worth it?

You can get that in about 30mins with the Gatekeeper checkpoint

eh, I'll run strikes. Theres plenty that spam Majors on you.

- The original exotic (including all the xp, glimmer, mats, exotic shard and time dumped into it)
- 7000+ more glimmer

And then you get to start over when you get the upgraded version and dump more glimmer, xp, mats, an exotic shard and time all over again. Makes 0 sense.

Yarp. I don't think you have to have the weapon maxed out though, right? That's the only good thing.

- 7000+ more glimmer

Yeah, if you maxed an Exotic pre-patch, it really sucked to upgrade it. I remember I had a maxed Bad Juju, Invective, Thorn, Monte Carlo, Gjallarhorn, but I mean this was all months ago; anyone completing an exotic quest or getting an exotic drop now gets an upgraded version.

If you have an older Exotic, it essentially costs a Weekly Heroic Strike and 20 minutes of EZ glimmer farm.

dB Viper

Cross Ruin Wings off the list! All I need for all armor pieces is Armamentarium and Lucky Raspberry.

All I need for XB1 exotics is the Crux, but this damned thing will not drop.

shermas

The MIDA is pretty fun... I got two of them during the same Crota run earlier this week. Leveling it up right now.

I guess I'll buy that Warlock piece for my son's character. He's only level 8, though.

ethomaz

Banned
I wakeup today decided to load Destiny to see Xur inventory.

Loaded the app only.

Back to sleep.

I will load only Bloodborne tonight... Destiny only on Sunday for some PVP ;)

bosseye

Nothing I want from Xur this week, already have MIDA and Obsidian Mind. And knowing how engrams decode for me, I don't need another pair of Claws.

Also ran the Nightfall, got Payback SOS Auto rifle. And then decoded my vanguard commendation package and got Payback SOS Auto rifle again. Lol.

Nevermind. Got the Vex the other day, so not complaining about RNG for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom