• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I joked about it, but I have no doubt if IB was this week and they added a level 6 reputation where you could buy the helmet AND this was the only week where you could use motes of light to reroll armor, the hardcore people would probably grudgingly have stayed with Destiny. lol

GhaleonEB

Dead game

Dead thread

Dead Orbit.

But seriously. Update was pitiful.

Population is on a mass exodus.

What's to keep anyone around now.

We're all just waiting for new content. For now, that came in the form of Bloodborne. I'm expecting a much lower population through to the House of Wolves release. That will pop things back up quite a bit.

I suspect Comet will make it feel like launch all over again.

Silav101

Hopefully the weekend will pick up. Especially since i still need a kind sherpa for 3x HM crota, 6x gorgon chest (nm and hm), and 3x atheon (nm and hm) because i fucking want a hawkmoon, jesus christ.

Damn ... 4 armor slots, 16 weapon slots, 4 general slots. This is not what I hoped for because this makes the tiniest of tiny differences to me. I'll still be playing vault tetris every single time. How about just saying screw parity and updating the vault sizes on the next gen consoles to something with several pages of 36 slots. While I understand that this might have implications for patching in the future I'd almost consider it worth it. It's incredibly frustrating having a guardian with a full inventory, and a full vault, just sitting there transferring weapons, to another character with a rapidly filling inventory. Everyone in the parties I join always rags on me for taking forever to get to orbit and join the fireteam because I'm busy trying to figure out what I can move where to get the weapons I want for a particular challenge into the inventory on my current character. It's even worse because a lot of them are primaries and all of my characters have one slot free for primaries at best so it's currently a multistep approach where I take out some sort of secondary/heavy to place a primary in the vault, which I can only retrieve on another character after vaulting another primary. I'm too much of a packrat to start dismantling stuff because some of it took a lot of effort to get despite the limited uses some of those weapons now have. Furthermore I feel like it's only going to get worse with every subsequent DLC launch and at this point they might as well future proof it for next gen systems considering the fact that people will be asking for more vault space the second new DLC exotics and weapons roll in. In an ideal world those 36 item pages would have some sort of sorting users could apply to them too, because this order of entry system is kind of annoying once you get a surplus of items, if I could label pages and place weapons on specific pages that'd be a godsend. If I could sort by upgraded/xp unlocked etc it'd be even better. I can't hide my dissapointment at this bandaid of a patch.

Elros

Did my first Nightfall with a friend and a random yesterday evening, got Ice Breaker as a reward ! With this rifle begins my exotic weapons collection !

ocean

Banned
Did my first Nightfall with a friend and a random yesterday evening, got Ice Breaker as a reward ! With this rifle begins my exotic weapons collection !
Congratulations, IB is a fantastic Exotic. Devil Walker and "he's in a tank!" just beg to be ice broken ;)

For those of us who can't black hammer them :(

I just read the update, up late because one of my kids is sick. Haven't played all week.

So weapons we get 16 more spots and the others go up by FOUR!?!

FUCKING FOUR!?!AHAHA ANAONANANAN

What the fuck!?

I need more space for armour and consumables too!

They really fucked up here

Oh you're doing full raid? I thought you needed help with hm crota...

Sorry I don't have time for a full raid right now..

No worries.

Another week, another disappointment with no Titan Boots, but hey, I got a great consolation prize. BLACK HAMMER!

Now I have all CE weapons.

Silav101

Yay! Is still best general pve sniper rifle, imho. Black Hammer is great for edge cases, however.

Rainmaker

Banned
Something needs to happen. I really want to be interested in this game again but I slowly fell off over the past month as did most of my friends list. The wait for HoW is a little long winded. I'm sure I'll come back for that though. I just hope others do too.

I have 12 Strange Coins left, need one more to buy either Ruin Wings or Symbiote helm. Think I'll go for the latter, my Hunter needs some more Exotics.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Literally have all of that already.

Hesitating buying the glove engrams since I have most of the ones that are good and on the off chance he has a chest engram next week.

Oh well, looks like my 27 coins are going to Heavy Ammo again.

noomi

Nice Xur, I bought some hand cannon telemetry.

If you don't have the mida buy it, one of the most satisfying weapons in destiny.

Feorax

Ruin Wings, awesome.

Just missing Armamentarium, Lucky Raspberry and Starfire protocol now for armour.

Might grind out some glimmer tonight to upgrade TLW and Pocket Infinity.

Something needs to happen. I really want to be interested in this game again but I slowly fell off over the past month as did most of my friends list. The wait for HoW is a little long winded. I'm sure I'll come back for that though. I just hope others do too.
I have no doubt people will come back

the only question is how long will they stay

4X4SR7o.jpg

Ji66a-Man

Knocked Obsidian Mind off the missing list, so now I'm missing Suros Regime, 4th Horseman, and Armementarium to complete my exotic collection.

Carn82

regarding Vault space; so it seems that last-gen is the actual bottleneck:

"Our challenge was to provide an increase in storage that fit within the memory constraints that limit how many items can be displayed on one screen."

Kinda sucks, but I think it's a good enough argument why they prioritised weapon storage. And they`ll keep working on another update:

"We know there are a bunch of players in the world who don’t have enough space for Armor and General items. We’ll have a solution for you in the future."

It's not what most of us wanted but I think it's a big step in the right direction.

Xur has been really good to me for the last month. Had 1 or 2 things to buy every week. Ruin Wings off the wishlist.

Down to only needing Helm of Innermost Light, The Armamentarium, Crest of Alphs Lupi (Hunter) and Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom