• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silav101

I wakeup today decided to load Destiny to see Xur inventory.

Loaded the app only.

Back to sleep.

I will load only Bloodborne tonight... Destiny only on Sunday for some PVP ;)
Oooj pvp. I would join that train, wanna troll around with bladedander with Mida multi-tool

Homeboyd

Eh? Is there something special about maxing out a weapon and then trading it in?
No you just lose all the glimmer, xp, mats, etc you put into leveling a weapon when you trade it in. You get nothing in return for it. Same result as if you just traded in a completely unleveled version.

hiryu64

Anyone on XB1 running HM raids? Still need them for the week. Also the Templar quick kill chest. Message hiryu64 if you're down. I'll be doing some Crucible in the meantime.

Carn82

GAF, has anyone of you experience with playing Destiny through the Playstation TV? If so, any good? My gf is moving in later this year, we'll have two TVs but only one PS4; if the experience is solid enoug I might consider getting it (I already have a Vita so yeah, I can test that).

Kwakye94

Neo Member
After months of perfecting the strategy and 63 attempts, I finally got that solo flawless raider! Which brings me to guardian lord!
Please form an orderly queue I will be taking pictures -_-

RemiLP

No you just lose all the glimmer, xp, mats, etc you put into leveling a weapon when you trade it in. You get nothing in return for it. Same result as if you just traded in a completely unleveled version.

You level it up, but dont actually upgrade it. You will then get more ass, and a chanse at a telemetry

Edit: nvm, im talking about something else here.

E92 M3

Anyone on XB1 running HM raids? Still need them for the week. Also the Templar quick kill chest. Message hiryu64 if you're down. I'll be doing some Crucible in the meantime.

I'll add you for future play sessions. We're always doing shit during the mid-week lol.

Homeboyd

You level it up, but dont actually upgrade it. You will then get more ass, and a chanse at a telemetry
No, what I'm saying is; if you need to upgrade a weapon to the 331 version because you only have 1 300 version, if it's already maxed, you're getting screwed by trading it in worse than if you just had an unleveled 300 version. My point is upgrading weapons costs too much, but it costs EVEN MORE if you're trading in a maxed (or even somewhat leveled) version of a gun as opposed to a unleveled version.

Edit: saw your edit

OUCH. Reminds me of the time I bought 6 helm engrams and 3 turned into Inmost Light.

He sold Sunbreakers 7 weeks ago and I snatched them up then.

I won't ever use sunbreakers, they're pretty terrible but just wanted the upgraded version for collection :/

I remember when Xur used to sell them every week and pissed off so many warlocks :p

Silav101

I won't ever use sunbreakers, they're pretty terrible but just wanted the upgraded version for collection :/

I remember when Xur used to sell them every week and pissed off so many warlocks :p

Sunbreakers are amazing in pvp, tho. Only outclassed by heart of the praxic fire, or voidfang vestments+gift of the sun

Edit: lolnope,.wrong gloves, this not claws of ahamkara.

Sunbreakers a shit.

Homeboyd

This has been said a billion times before, but if they would just allow general inventory items to stack higher than they do (+20 for ammo packs, +200 for destination mats), most of my vault issues would be solved immediately. I have mats and ammo packs taking up the vast majority of my vault space because of this.

If display memory is the issue (interactive # of items on the screen at one time), then this would make the most sense. Instead of 5 ammo stacks of 20 each having to be displayed on the screen, you'd have 1 with 100. The only thing that changes is the # "20" to the # "100" and you can open 4 slots in your vault (or character inventory). Not only that but I am constantly at 200 marks on each character, and with no weapons left to buy, I have to keep buying mats... this seems to be taking up more space than anything else. I have more of each than I'll use from now til Destiny 7. Most of the time I just stay at the cap and lose out on gaining additional marks because I can't hold anymore mats.

Increase the stack count max for this stuff. This has to be the easiest solution.

E92 M3

This has been said a billion times before, but if they would just allow general inventory items to stack higher than they do (+20 for ammo packs, +200 for destination mats), most of my vault issues would be solved immediately. I have mats and ammo packs taking up the vast majority of my vault space because of this.

If display memory is the issue (interactive # of items on the screen at one time), then this would make the most sense. Instead of 5 ammo stacks of 20 each having to be displayed on the screen, you'd have 1 with 100. The only thing that changes is the # "20" to the # "100" and you can open 4 slots in your vault (or character inventory). Not only that but I am constantly at 200 marks on each character, and with no weapons left to buy, I have to keep buying mats... this seems to be taking up more space than anything else. I have more of each than I'll use from now til Destiny 7. Most of the time I just stay at the cap and lose out on gaining additional marks because I can't hold anymore mats.

Increase the stack count max for this stuff. This has to be the easiest solution.

Yep, but it makes too much such sense so they can't do such things.

Deku Tree

they just need to drop supporting PS3/360... XD

except that Destiny is selling quite good particularly on 360.

At least they should come out with two versions of the game without insisting on 100% parity... let me know when Activision drops the PS360 version of CoD

nikos

So I finally got Apotheosis Veil last week and now Obisidian Mind is on the shop. Should I get it? I only have 14 coins right now, though I haven't done anything this week, and the only other right side Exotic I have is gloves, no chest or boots yet.

So I finally got Apotheosis Veil last week and now Obisidian Mind is on the shop. Should I get it? I only have 14 coins right now, though I haven't done anything this week, and the only other right side Exotic I have is gloves, no chest or boots yet.

If you play Voidwalker, Obsidian Mind is the best exotic for warlocks.

shermas

I'll add you... I'm not going to be able to do them until later, though. I'm always looking for XB1 GAF folks, though.

Homeboyd

They also have problems analyzing statistics properly lol
The fact they brought up how few people have full vaults as an excuse as to why this vault issue really only affects a small number of people is just amazing to me. They literally JUST implemented the vault sharing feature in the app. How they missed that you have to have empty slots in your vault to use this system and used that in the BWU is beyond me. Yes we have empty slots in our vault. We keep deleting shit we would otherwise want to keep because we HAVE to keep open slots in the vault to use this feature.

I just can't.

except that Destiny is selling quite good particularly on 360.

At least they should come out with two versions of the game without insisting on 100% parity... let me know when Activision drops the PS360 version of CoD

This is what scares me the most. I can see Activision insisting on last gen versions of Destiny 2 because of it. Hopefully the landscape will be different enough and other games will have proven that current gen only is viable by the time that decision is made, or if they have to, they just make them separate games. I'm going to be super annoyed if Destiny 2 is held back by current gen consoles.

I wish they'd stepped up the launch date for the new content.

I'm running out of desire to play as there just isn't much for me to obtain anymore.

The fact they brought up how few people have full vaults as an excuse as to why this vault issue really only affects a small number of people is just amazing to me.
Must have missed this one. Isn't there a vault solution coming in the next patch?

Too many people at Bungie play Destiny too much to not understand these common problems.

hydruxo

they just need to drop supporting PS3/360... XD

They really do. At least for Comet I hope they drop last gen. It's just holding everything back.

This is what scares me the most. I can see Activision insisting on last gen versions of Destiny 2 because of it. Hopefully the landscape will be different enough and other games will have proven that current gen only is viable by the time that decision is made, or if they have to, they just make them separate games. I'm going to be super annoyed if Destiny 2 is held back by current gen consoles.

I'd be shocked if Destiny 2 has last gen versions, because that'll have been 4 or 5 years into current gen.

E92 M3

The fact they brought up how few people have full vaults as an excuse as to why this vault issue really only affects a small number of people is just amazing to me. They literally JUST implemented the vault sharing feature in the app. How they missed that you have to have empty slots in your vault to use this system and used that in the BWU is beyond me. Yes we have empty slots in our vault. We keep deleting shit we would otherwise want to keep because we HAVE to keep open slots in the vault to use this feature.

I just can't.

I think Deej is just given raw statistical data and he never bothers interpreting it correctly.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if Destiny 2 is just another HD port of an old gen game. I can see another studio working along Bungie in making the second game or even just having it be current gen.

stb

I just can't.

I shook my head at this, too.

I sometimes wonder if they're actually idiots or being deliberately obtuse to make things seem better than they are to other idiots.

I'm inclined to think they actually ARE idiots, because with the autorifle balance patch, they actually went out of their way to acknowledge the autorifle headshot bounty IN THE SAME UPDATE as nerfing autorifles because they had a disproportionate amount of kills in PVP. Don't misunderstand me; I do think autorifles, especially some specific ones, needed to be toned down a bit. I just hate how they arrived at the conclusion by trumpeting "data!" and misunderstanding it so, so badly.

This said, I'll happily take my "stopgap" slots. Even more (pages/tabs) will be a great boon to "quality of life" for end game players, but what the screenshot from the update represents frees up enough space to greatly facilitate using the app to move stuff around between 2-3 characters for NF/raid/pvp loadouts.

What would be an amazing surprise patch would be updating the app/website to actually do what that chrome app is pretending to do: letting us move items *directly* from one character to another. I have a feeling this is a bigger issue due to the back end of how they control item transferring, though. So maybe with the extra slots, they could adopt the functionality of the chrome app that uses vault slots as the middle man.

Homeboyd

Must have missed this one. Isn't there a vault solution coming in the next patch?

Too many people at Bungie play Destiny too much to not understand these common problems.
Yes there is a vault expansion coming.

However, in the BWU, they made comments about how few people actually have full vaults as if to say it wasn't as big of an issue as people are claiming it to be. Aka "yeah we know you want more vault space, but look at this data; the data says most of you don't even need it!."

-_-

#numbersdolie

Yes there is a vault expansion coming.

However, in the BWU, they made comments about how few people actually have full vaults as if to say it wasn't as big of an issue as people are claiming it to be. Aka "yeah we know you want more vault space, but look at this data; the data says most of you don't even need it!."

-_-

#numbersdolie
numbers don't lie.. Bungie is prob looking at every single account. Aka even people who log in once and stop playing.
The remaining players mosty likely are the few players that have everything.

Homeboyd

numbers don't lie.. Bungie is prob looking at every single account. Aka even people who log in once and stop playing.
The remaining players mosty likely are the few players that have everything.
That isn't my point though. I am one of those players who doesn't currently have a full vault so I fit in the same category as a player who has played 1 day and never again. This does not mean I'm not in desperate need of more storage. Again, I have to keep a few slots empty in the vault at all times to use the new vault sharing feature.

In this case, numbers do lie. It does not give any sort of indication of how many players "need" more vault space. Their data is correct, the analysis of the data is not.

GhaleonEB

Picked up Mida for my Hunter and Obsidian Mind for my Warlock. I have a scout rifle I love (Another NITC with firefly), so Mida will be a special purpose weapon when I want speed; not being able to use any other exotic with it will limit the use. That said, it was a joy to use on the daily. Great gun.

I just can't.

I think they were explaining their prioritization process. The vault space is an issue that affects a relatively small % of the player base. Many of us just happen to be in that portion affected. It's been in the works for months, and I seriously doubt the app addition made much of a dent in how much stuff people are hoarding.

Shito

Picked up Mida for my Hunter and Obsidian Mind for my Warlock. I have a scout rifle I love (Another NITC with firefly), so Mida will be a special purpose weapon when I want speed; not being able to use any other exotic with it will limit the use. That said, it was a joy to use on the daily. Great gun.
You will love it for running the Abyss. :)

Homeboyd

I think they were explaining their prioritization process. The vault space is an issue that affects a relatively small % of the player base. Many of us just happen to be in that portion affected. It's been in the works for months, and I seriously doubt the app addition made much of a dent in how much stuff people are hoarding.
Yeah, the app sharing feature and the additional vault space are both VERY welcome features/changes. And yes, I would agree, the vault space is likely only a big issue for a small # of players considering the entire player base.. but you can't tell that from the data they presented saying most of players out there don't even have full vaults. That's all I'm saying.

That isn't my point though. I am one of those players who doesn't currently have a full vault so I fit in the same category as a player who has played 1 day and never again. This does not mean I'm not in desperate need of more storage. Again, I have to keep a few slots empty in the vault at all times to use the new vault sharing feature.

In this case, numbers do lie. It does not give any sort of indication of how many players "need" more vault space. Their data is correct, the analysis of the data is not.
Data numbers are correct but how bungie analysis them is wrong ;)
Edit is how I review it. But you are prob looking at the numbers that bungie got from analyzing is wrong, which I view as thier method is incorrect. Raw data is true but how they view it is incorrect.

stb

Yeah, I think you're both saying the same thing. Numbers are just numbers. It's up to the person interpreting them to understand why they're the way they are, and what that actually means.

This is what I was driving at in my post, above. Either they're genuinely dreadful at understanding even how to approach interpreting them, or they're willfully spinning the data to make themselves look better. "We analyzed the data, and we didn't REALLY need to increase vault space. But we are benevolent masters, and are granting you space anyway. YOU'RE WELCOME." I honestly don't think they're that clever. I think they suck at analysis.

Deku Tree

How Bungie is analyzing the numbers in a Deej weekly update could be very different from the way they truly look at the numbers internally. Certain things they may choose to say or not say for public image reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom