• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Data numbers are correct but how bungie analysis them is wrong ;)
Edit is how I review it. But you are prob looking at the numbers that bungie got from analyzing is wrong, which I view as thier method is incorrect. Raw data is true but how they view it is incorrect.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

I don't know. I'd consider 21% of 30+ players as a decent size of the player base. Especially now that vendor and Iron Banner gear can get you in that statistic. You can add some to that percentage too since they admit a "small but measurable fraction" of under 20s have full vaults as well and they didn't even bother to include the statistic for 20-29s.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah, the app sharing feature and the additional vault space are both VERY welcome features/changes. And yes, I would agree, the vault space is likely only a big issue for a small # of players considering the entire player base.. but you can't tell that from the data they presented saying most of players out there don't even have full vaults. That's all I'm saying.

Agreed. I would have double amount of the guns I currently do if I hadn't smushed so many due to lack of space. I wish I had some of those 300 pwr weapons back.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Best Destiny purchase I made in weeks.

Right, with some luck I'll get another strange coin soon, gives me enough to buy either Ruin Wings or the Symbiote helmet. Which should I buy? Have both a 31 Titan and a 31 Hunter. My Titan has plenty of exotics for each subclass, my Hunter only has a helmet for Bladedancer so I kinda feel like the Symbiote is a better purchase.

Right, with some luck I'll get another strange coin soon, gives me enough to buy either Ruin Wings or the Symbiote helmet. Which should I buy? Have both a 31 Titan and a 31 Hunter. My Titan has plenty of exotics for each subclass, my Hunter only has a helmet for Bladedancer so I kinda feel like the Symbiote is a better purchase.

The extra bullet for Golden gun is really good, esp for VoG and PvP.

Ruin Wings seem to not always work as intended.

Hunter helmet is a rarer drop afaik.

RetroMG

Is there a way on PS4 to find out how many Salvage captures I have toward the trophy? I think I have 3 or 4 so far. The Grimoire card is not helpful.

Also: Looking for group for Salvage Crucible

1. RetroMG

GutZ31

Is there a way on PS4 to find out how many Salvage captures I have toward the trophy? I think I have 3 or 4 so far. The Grimoire card is not helpful.

I was having issues getting that trophy because it appears that if the game doesn't fully finish, or you leave, get kicked, error out, none of the captures count for those games.

I had at least 30 captures before actually getting the trophy...

Shito

I'd take the Symbiote in your situation, yeah.
Ruin Wings is cool and all, but it can wait a bit. Symbiote really is a "oh so now I guess I can play Gunslinger!" life-changer. ^^

GhaleonEB

You will love it for running the Abyss. :)

I think I'll end up preferring my current Abyss set up: Don't Touch Me, blink strike, and crouch to go camo. I can run the entire Abyss that way (I've fallen behind the pack and gotten through just going invisible with weight of darkness 10 several times), but the firefily perk on my current scout also means with just a couple shots I can blow up entire packs of thralls. Once clear, I can go camo again and run all the way to the next lamp invisible.

That said, I'm totally pairing Mida with Radiant Dance Machines to see how fast I can get through it. :D

I can see myself switching to Mida for the bridge, hallway and Deathsinger sections of CE.

Shito

I think I'll end up preferring my current Abyss set up: Don't Touch Me, blink strike, and crouch to go camo. I can run the entire Abyss that way (I've fallen behind the pack and gotten through just going invisible with weight of darkness 10 several times), but the firefily perk on my current scout also means with just a couple shots I can blow up entire packs of thralls. Once clear, I can go camo again and run all the way to the next lamp invisible.

That said, I'm totally pairing Mida with Radiant Dance Machines to see how fast I can get through it. :D

I can see myself switching to Mida for the bridge, hallway and Deathsinger sections of CE.
Oh you play a hunter?
You will REALLY love this, then: Don't Touch Me + MIDA = you don't even need to shoot at thralls anymore when doing the Abyss. Just run / walk straight up to the bridge, hop on a rock, and snipe the ogre. There you are!
It's also quite useful for the hallway; I prefer switching to the Horn for deathsinger, though...

Whoa, the only three exotics I still needed before today:

Ruin Wings
Radiant Dance Machines
MIDA Multi Tool

Just need one more now!

Is there any way to get exotic armor aside from the Nightfall? Do Roc strikes drop them sometimes?

When you run with Mida you don't need to kill a single thrall.

Mida also staggers enemies, so it's great for knocking back enemies if they get too close.

Ruin Wings
Radiant Dance Machines
MIDA Multi Tool

Just need one more now!

Is there any way to get exotic armor aside from the Nightfall? Do Roc strikes drop them sometimes?
Yes, but it's pretty rare. Raids are good too, but I see more exotic weapons drop than armor.

LTWood12

Ruin Wings
Radiant Dance Machines
MIDA Multi Tool

Just need one more now!

I've only ever gotten exotic armor from Nightfalls and legendary engrams (and exotic engrams obviously). Raids DO NOT drop exotic armor.

waters10

Neo Member
Got Solar Against All Odds from a blue engram...key rolls:

CounterBalance

Perfect Balance
Hammer Forged

Feeding Frenzy

Keeper?
I love Against all Odds! But to me, field scout is a must on them. I'd keep it if you don't have any other good solar machine gun.

RetroMG

Working on Relic Hunter in the crucible, this is going to take forev-
jCZJAk9.jpg
]
...Huh. That went faster than I thought.

But that means...

GUARDIAN LORD!

Thanks to the many friends and fellow gaffers who helped me get here! Couldn't have done it without you!

but that stat roll... -_-

waters10

Neo Member
Either without Field Scout, any Against All Odds is a keeper in my opinion. ^^
Such an awesome weapon.
True. It's great, keep it until you find one with field scout!

My solar machine gun is the Jolder's Hammer with field scout. But I haven't had the chance to actually use it in a solar burn nightfall yet. I'd love to compare that with my against all odds!

CLBridges

Working on Relic Hunter in the crucible, this is going to take forev-

...Huh. That went faster than I thought.

But that means...

GUARDIAN LORD!

Thanks to the many friends and fellow gaffers who helped me get here! Couldn't have done it without you!

Grats! One day I'll buckle down and be like you and the other Lords lol.

Karl2177

This is Bungie we're talking about..

I remember someone at Bungie saying that the reason that they play Destiny is because it's an action game. After the loot cave, I knew they were slightly out of touch, because a large group of the population play it because it's a loot game. Nowadays, you see less people playing because they are completing their Exotic collection and don't have any new content to play.

I also think they greatly underestimated the pace that people go through their content. I'm going to use Ghaleon as an example; he goes through games methodically. He's already doing end-game content and the next DLC doesn't even have an announce date.I'm gonna bet that he's going to start slowing down his amount of play in the next month.

Axoman

I'd like to know what bungie's definition of a full vault is.

Is it one that all slots are full all of the time?

If it's full for 10 seconds while people transfer stuff is considered full?

Do they consider a full vault if one area is full?

Prior to the app transfer, my vault was always full. Once they allowed the transfer via app, I always try to leave at least 1 slot open so I can transfer stuff.

I'm also low on weapon parts because my characters are all full on weapons and I can never pick up any green engrams. I'm a packrat, but I also don't like getting rid of weapons I still use occasionally.

hydruxo

Bladedancer (spec'd for max agility & invis skills) + Don't Touch Me + MIDA/Black Hammer/Hunger of Crota is what I always use for the abyss and it works great. Most of the time when I ran with my raid group I'd be the last one still up because you either outrun the thralls/knights, or the plethora of invisibility options let you get away and onto the rock at the end while waiting for the bridge to form. I also use the same setup for the thrallway gauntlet run.

Axoman

I remember someone at Bungie saying that the reason that they play Destiny is because it's an action game. After the loot cave, I knew they were slightly out of touch, because a large group of the population play it because it's a loot game. Nowadays, you see less people playing because they are completing their Exotic collection and don't have any new content to play.

Sadly, the loot cave was the most social aspect this shared world shooter ever had.

Game is dead. PvP is a mess. Only inexperienced sub 30s with Grimoires below 2000 or full teams. Uninstalled. Wake me up when HoW hits.

EDIT: Better yet wake me when Comet hits.

tumblr_nigkirPm6k1u7dctvo2_500.png

Feorax

I've just run the abyss and am hanging out at the end, haven't collected the drops yet. Feel free to join me for free goodies if you like.

StrykerIsland

Thanks, but I'm good with the early raid drops, its just DS and Crota I really need (though im happy to run it if others want to).

Ill shoot you a fr anyway, in case a group forms.

Destiny isnt solely or even primarily about the loot. If the action wasnt good, i dont think anybody would want to grind strikes over and over for shards. The loot treadmill isn't that addictive because all your weekly gains are done in a day. Anyone at the end game has already bought what they want from vendors, so it's not about commendations either. The base gameplay is why people keep coming back and waiting for more shit to shoot with their friends. Im not hopping in Crucible for instance praying for a weapon drop.

Not that this excuses the loot system (which is better than it was at launch at least) but i can see that angle, as it makes sense with how short-sighted the loot system has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom