• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, the playerbase will be okay with any system that doesn't undo the two unique (single row-per-column) perks on a fully upgraded exotic weapon.

From a development-as-business standpoint it's not that peculiar to me; what can be announced in a concrete capacity before it's literally ready to ship is quite limited under ideal circumstances... just look at the weekly updates. While reassuring, you can barely even describe Luke's post as containing any information... rather it was a nice hit of insight on what they wouldn't be doing.

Mhm, I hope that Bungie makes it right. I still have an inkling of faith left in them~!

E92 M3

I purchased the Bloodborne bundle on Amazon Saturday and will have everything setup after I finish all of the reset activities on Destiny. I accidentally had a teeny part of a certain boss fight spoiled for me, but so excited about playing the game.

Mhm, I hope that Bungie makes it right. I still have an inkling of faith left in them~!

I have zero doubts that the next exotic upgrade system will be much more fair and balanced like Fox News.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I purchased the Bloodborne bundle on Amazon Saturday and will have everything setup after I finish all of the reset activities on Destiny. I accidentally had a teeny part of a certain boss fight spoiled for me, but so excited about playing the game.
Looking Glass Knight is about to fall, I inch closer to bloodborne time...
I have zero doubts that the next exotic upgrade system will be much more fair and balanced like Fox News.
this comment is a roller coaster of emotion

In terms of amount of unique enemy types, environment variety, boss variety, and amount of optional content BB makes Destiny look really really bad.

Bad comparison but still for a game with a really, really high budget is really mindblowing to have this low content.

FROM is really cheap to do everything at all I wished BB would have a good jump in souls series to really say "wow this is a next gent souls" but no, Dark Souls series is have more variety in most aspects than BB

noomi

Dude.... Awesome definitely hit me up on PSN once you get setup. Noomi85 ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You still have a lot though lol.
I don't doubt it, though I've noticed my playstyle has resulted in a lot of areas that are supposed to take a long time as described by others winding up rather quick to me. Blindly running ahead at full speed while dodging when things feel sketchy can really work wonders XD
I wished BB would have a good jump in souls series to really say "wow this is a next gent souls" but no, Dark Souls series is have more variety in most aspects than BB
hmm, that's sort of a shame I guess. I like the setting of Bloodborne far more from what I've seen at least

RetroMG

I am hoping the same thing. I'm still gonna run NF and weekly probably but otherwise there is really nothing left to do, and all of these weapon and armor upgrade resets simply for the sake of gear progression is tiring and not fun.

For so many weeks all of my playtime was dedicated to getting all my characters to 32. Then I did that. Then all my time went to finally getting Guardian Lord. Then I did that. Now I'm pretty much putting all my time into trying to get Exotic Drops so I can try to get a Horn. Once that happens... well, I'll keep playing because I love the social aspect. But now Gjallarhorn is pretty much my White Whale.

E92 M3

Dude.... Awesome definitely hit me up on PSN once you get setup. Noomi85 ;)

Absolutely; will also make an announcement lol.

I don't doubt it, though I've noticed my playstyle has resulted in a lot of areas that are supposed to take a long time as described by others winding up rather quick to me. Blindly running ahead at full speed while dodging when things feel sketchy can really work wonders XD

hmm, that's sort of a shame I guess. I like the setting of Bloodborne far more from what I've seen at least

Well, if you played the game when it released you would not have been able to run through the next area lol.

Impala26

Yeah, upgrading it, have 150k XP waiting for me in Bounties.

Speaking of this, did anyone ever calculate how much XP is required to completely level weapons and gear of various rarities? I'm at least curious as to rare, legendary and exotic weapons.

ethomaz

Banned
I won't play PVP today because I need to use Remote Play and my kills drops a lot using the Vita :p I guess there is some 0.5s of delay so I get slow to shot guys.

Nothing good from Hard mode, but oh well. Pretty good run with Poker, Orchid and Lamonster.
Ugh, the normal run went awful towards the end. Didn't have any heavy synths on any of my characters after the hard run so I had to use that 257 damage Ice Breaker.

Atheon went well though, for not having a full team.

Impala26

I think destinydb has the xp needed for each bubble for the exotics atleast

Oh, yeah that's right. Kind of a design oversight from Bungie not to at least show XP needed with those bubbles. Could at least have made it a "mouse over" kind of display.

Oh well, next Exotic I get I may just tally those numbers from that site as I upgrade it to get an overall total.

The real question is: Have you learned to run the labyrinth correctly on your own yet?
lol

The real question is: Have you learned to run the labyrinth correctly on your own yet?
lol
Only part I have trouble is learning where it starts. Gonna try to do a few solo test runs just to make sure. I can even fall after the jump section and get through, as today proved.

patchday

Bad comparison but still for a game with a really, really high budget is really mindblowing to have this low content.

FROM is really cheap to do everything at all I wished BB would have a good jump in souls series to really say "wow this is a next gent souls" but no, Dark Souls series is have more variety in most aspects than BB

I have no idea what one would expect from a next gen BB game. Myself, at the most, I'd hope for 60 fps. The changes they've made to the formula already seems quite radical (combat- no shield, etc)

Yeah in regards to Destiny, yeah..... What continues to baffle me is how 'punishing' the game feels to players. Only 3 character slots. No control over what maps you got tossed at in Crucible / Strikes. Only 25k glimmer cap. It's stuff like that which pushes me away from the game. Since I don't play the game very much these days I'm constantly running around at the 25k glimmer cap. So stupidly low...

Slermy

Was able to grind out 11 coins yesterday to pick up an Obsidian Mind. It's a pretty cool helmet, but I do wish it looked cooler. Doesn't even respect Armor Shaders. :( I'm not a hard-core player, so I was still rocking a Queen's Guard Hood from The Queen's Bounty. I liked the little decals on the top along with my Armor Shader. It would be nice if they incorporated "cosmetic" slots.

Unrelated, I was hunting down the gold chests on Mars for my last Strange Coin and found most of them except the one that's supposed to be in the bunker right at the start of the patrol mission. Did that chest get moved? Or are these randomly spawning and I just got lucky with the others?

Was able to grind out 11 coins yesterday to pick up an Obsidian Mind. It's a pretty cool helmet, but I do wish it looked cooler. Doesn't even respect Armor Shaders. :( I'm not a hard-core player, so I was still rocking a Queen's Guard Hood from The Queen's Bounty. I liked the little decals on the top along with my Armor Shader. It would be nice if they incorporated "cosmetic" slots.

that would kind of defeat the purpose of "obsidian" mind :p

Ugh, the normal run went awful towards the end. Didn't have any heavy synths on any of my characters after the hard run so I had to use that 257 damage Ice Breaker.

I fucked up so bad during Atheon. That rocket was so stupid. :lol

I was surprised at how much my Hunger of Crota was doing against Crota.

Ghazi

that would kind of defeat the purpose of "obsidian" mind :p

Unrelated, I was hunting down the gold chests on Mars for my last Strange Coin and found most of them except the one that's supposed to be in the bunker right at the start of the patrol mission. Did that chest get moved? Or are these randomly spawning and I just got lucky with the others?

My biggest issue with it is that it's a reskin of a Legendary helmet... and we're getting a white reskin of the same helmet with HoW. Wish Bungie put more effort into these things, it seems like they just don't care.

Andrew Bayer is killing it at Ultra Music Festival and I'm doing random bounties on Destiny. Good Sunday.

Ha! Had a feeling you'd be watching it. Last night's finale was nice, glad they closed out the Twitch stream with some Galantis. Will have to catch up on today's show later.

E92 M3

My biggest issue with it is that it's a reskin of a Legendary helmet... and we're getting a white reskin of the same helmet with HoW. Wish Bungie put more effort into these things, it seems like they just don't care.

Ha! Had a feeling you'd be watching it. Last night's finale was nice, glad they closed out the Twitch stream with some Galantis. Will have to catch up on today's show later.

Indeed! I am actually listening to di.fm for the higher sound quality and stream for the video lol. Can't wait to hear what set Armin does.

Yeah, I know...

... exactly. If it's going to be the same mesh, might as well let me re-color it.

Really? Thats pretty lame if its just a reskin. Come on bungie, its annoying enough that alotta auto rifles are just reskins. Now theres a new exotic helm in HoW thats reskinned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom