• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehsa

I don't know why, I just can't imagine having done the thorn bounty outside of rumble or a GAF group
Wait what does that mean :eek:
It was pretty rough when I did it, but once I got an Epilogue and a Swordbreaker it wasn't so bad, kinda quick after that actually

v I did it all with randoms in control :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I suck at PvP and grinded out Thorn, twice. I am sure you would do it in no time on your own. I even did it as a Hunter with no Void abilities.
It was pretty rough when I did it, but once I got an Epilogue and a Swordbreaker it wasn't so bad, kinda quick after that actually
oh haha, I've done it twice, on my hunter. I'm saying I did it all either on Rumble or with a GAF group, both times. For whatever reason I just do way below my best in a random group for Control, even when I'm not limiting myself to certain weapons. I just seem to get blindsided. I knocked it out super quickly in Rumble with 77 Wizard.

Only Flawless Raider trophy left for the Platinum. My group plans on getting it done within the next week or so. We've ran each section of Crota perfectly (Legit) so far, just not in one go. We got this.

We'd try VOG but the glitches...

sikkinixx

Thanks for the tips guys. I only have a legendary void shotgun (one from New Monarchy I got randomly I think) and a void legendary Machine Gun so those will have to do. I'm still stuck using an old hand cannon which is why I wanna do this Thorn one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ah dark souls 2 servers are down I guess, think i'll play a little :>
Thanks for the tips guys. I only have a legendary void shotgun (one from New Monarchy I got randomly I think) and a void legendary Machine Gun so those will have to do. I'm still stuck using an old hand cannon which is why I wanna do this Thorn one.
What class are you?

GAF, has anyone of you experience with playing Destiny through the Playstation TV? If so, any good? My gf is moving in later this year, we'll have two TVs but only one PS4; if the experience is solid enoug I might consider getting it (I already have a Vita so yeah, I can test that).

i do this quite a bit. wouldn't run a raid that way but it's fine for bounties etc.

make sure to get a second PS4 controller though! DS3 doesn't have the touchpad.

Guys, I've just been playing story and some online pvp up until now and I happened to cross the level 20 mal and things seem to be a lot different now with many options.

I just got on the game and it says Nightfall Strike has been unlocked. Could you tell me where I can play that our access it?

Edit: also my first post in the OT. I'm playing on the PS4 by the way.

Edit 2: Nevermind. Found it. It is a level 30 strike and says I need better great. I'm only level 24 at the moment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys, I've just been playing story and some online pvp up until now and I happened to cross the level 20 mal and things seem to be a lot different now with many options.

I just got on the game and it says Nightfall Strike has been unlocked. Could you tell me where I can play that our access it?

Edit 2: Nevermind. Found it. It is a level 30 strike and says I need better great. I'm only level 24 at the moment.
The Nightfall is a very difficult strike with valuable rewards including a buff to all your XP and rep gain for the rest of the week, a bunch of XP and rep for your current faction, and a chance at exotic and legendary gear. You need to form a team for it and yeah, level 30 is largely recommended- if your team wipes once, you get booted all the way back to orbit.

edit: By "rest of the week," i'm referring to the weekly reset that occurs on Tuesdays.

Check out the guides and tips and tricks in the OT. And welcome :)

GhaleonEB

Welcome! At this level, you should definitely start running the daily heroic and weekly heroic missions, which offer good rewards. At level 26 you can do the first raid, Vault of Glass. Level 30, as Hawkian said, is strongly suggested for Nightfall, though a team of 30+ can carry a 29 through.

If you like PvP, pick a faction (or not) and work on their rep, to purchase legendary gear. Do Vanguard bounties, strikes and patrols to get to rank 2/3 to buy Vanguard legendary gear. The rare stuff you get through those activities will get you much higher level than you are now.

The guides in the OP are awesome.

RetroMG

Wow not sure if I will get this salvage trophy, fuck me. TLW and Felwinters everywhere

I said this earlier in the thread, but all you have to do is get the initial capture. You do not have to hold the relic for the entire time. Hope that helps you feel better.

Welcome! At this point what you really want to be doing is getting Vanguard marks and rep so that you can buy Vanguard armor, and get a lot of Ascendant shards so that you can level them up. Strike playlist, Daily and Weekly Heroics, and Public Events are probably your best bets for right now. Feel free to ask on the thread if you need help with something.

RetroMG

Doesn't the other team get a boost for stopping the complete capture though?

Yes, but I'm talking specifically about the trophy. All you need to do is get the initial capture 20 times. This advice doesn't help him win the game, but it might help him be less frustrated if the captures get shut down, because he's still making progress toward that trophy.

The Nightfall is a very difficult strike with valuable rewards including a buff to all your XP and rep gain for the rest of the week, a bunch of XP and rep for your current faction, and a chance at exotic and legendary gear. You need to form a team for it and yeah, level 30 is largely recommended- if your team wipes once, you get booted all the way back to orbit.

edit: By "rest of the week," i'm referring to the weekly reset that occurs on Tuesdays.

Check out the guides and tips and tricks in the OT. And welcome :)

Welcome! At this level, you should definitely start running the daily heroic and weekly heroic missions, which offer good rewards. At level 26 you can do the first raid, Vault of Glass. Level 30, as Hawkian said, is strongly suggested for Nightfall, though a team of 30+ can carry a 29 through.

If you like PvP, pick a faction (or not) and work on their rep, to purchase legendary gear. Do Vanguard bounties, strikes and patrols to get to rank 2/3 to buy Vanguard legendary gear. The rare stuff you get through those activities will get you much higher level than you are now.

The guides in the OP are awesome.

I said this earlier in the thread, but all you have to do is get the initial capture. You do not have to hold the relic for the entire time. Hope that helps you feel better.

Welcome! At this point what you really want to be doing is getting Vanguard marks and rep so that you can buy Vanguard armor, and get a lot of Ascendant shards so that you can level them up. Strike playlist, Daily and Weekly Heroics, and Public Events are probably your best bets for right now. Feel free to ask on the thread if you need help with something.

Thanks for the tips guys. However I still haven't completed the story starting with Venus, is it worth doing at all or just a waste of time? I'm not very much interested in the story so fast not have I been following it much. I've only been doing it so fast to keep up with the bounties.

As for the challenges, would repeating the daily/weekly heroic challenges lose its worth after you beat them once before the rest?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any tips for the Thorn exotic bounty? I suck ass at crucible and need the 500 points (5 for a kill, -2 for a death o my using void weapons).
I find the best weapon to use is the Corrective Measure. Word of Crota helps as well, but it's about basically camping in Control and making sure you don't do anything too stupid. I've done the Thorn bounty five times and Corrective Measure was really a god send.

Thanks for the tips guys. However I still haven't completed the story starting with Venus, is it worth doing at all or just a waste of time? I'm not very much interested in the story so fast not have I been following it much. I've only been doing it so fast to keep up with the bounties.

As for the challenges, would repeating the daily/weekly heroic challenges lose its worth after you beat them once before the rest?
You get the Stranger's Rifle if you beat the game. It's a nice gun you can use for any alts that you might run through, but there's no real reason to go through the story. Of course, the point of the campaign is that it's an easy source of XP.

You also don't get repeat rewards, so there's no reason to do them again other than to do them for fun (or for a particular bounty that requires a Weekly/Nightfall completion).

There are some rewards doing the Venus part like tons of Exp, a unique pulse rifle and motes of light in the last missions

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
well the dark souls 2 servers were down all night so I got this done:
CBVHlICUUAAlADj.jpg:large

? i'm not starting it at all until I beat ds2! and thanks :) I am really happy with the pace I got to this point with all my three characters.

Oooh I had seen you in the BB thread, got confused~!

I'm working on my Warlock right now, 29 but probably won't get him to 32. Titans at..31? I think? I'm mainly waiting for HoW to drop.

o_o I wonder who it is you think is me

Getting to 31 is at least really reasonable to do without much investment

Yeah, the loot gods have been kind to me since I rejoined...My warlocks gonna have trouble though, running out of ascendant shards. Actually I'm all out. I'm kinda happy exotics don't require them now.

And maybe I"m thinking of Deku Tree...

Silav101

If you can get to 28, dgaf will happily help you through the nightfalls. I know i have no issues with sherpa mode. :)

Getting to 31 is at least really reasonable to do without much investment

Yeah, all my characters are level 31 and they're not even wearing Raid gear. Well, my Warlock is now, but only because I don't have enough class materials to upgrade her other legendary gear. :'(

Skele7on

Banned
So been getting on well with Bloodbourne, came back to do weeklies forgot to buy ruin wings at the weekend and didn't get a single drop from crota HM this weekend.

Overall bad times with Destiny.

Just want some gauntlets and boots so he can be 32 is that too much to ask?

I really REALLY want some more content to drop as this is killing me at the moment.

At least we have other games to keep us entertained right?

Matush

So is Crota recommended for Flawless rider? I had one attempt so far in VoG but one of our guys fell down. What is reccomended strategy, this is pretty much the only trophy that I need for Platinum.

noomi

Morning Dgaf :)

Didn't finish hard crota or hard atheon this week....I don't think I've ever let them slip before... I feel so dirty. I don't deserve you Destiny.

I don't even think my reset crew is planning on doing any raiding this week either. C'mon Bungie, give us something about house of wolves this week. I need something.

So is Crota recommended for Flawless rider? I had one attempt so far in VoG but one of our guys fell down. What is reccomended strategy, this is pretty much the only trophy that I need for Platinum.
Practice, titans for bubble and ease of jumping up the tower (assuming you're cheesing the bridge), a confident sword guy, taking your time at Crota, Gjallahorns.

Lastly infinite patience, it can and will go wrong due to the odd slip or game bug.

Matush

Practice, titans for bubble and ease of jumping up the tower (assuming you're cheesing the bridge), a confident sword guy, taking your time at Crota, Gjallahorns.

Lastly infinite patience, it can and will go wrong due to the odd slip or game bug.
Do you need to jump up the tower, or just across the bridge? I want to try it asap so it wouldn't get patched later on.

noomi

We got our flawless a few weeks back, easiest is normal Crota to get it done.

here's what we did.

- When you load in, only one person goes down into the abyss while the rest wait up top. Said person solo's the abyss, and when he gets to the 2nd encounter (the bridge), everyone will be teleported to him.

- Proceed to do the bridge normally, no cheese here. Cross over one by one with the sword, easy enough in normal mode

- Shrieker room is pretty easy, pick them off while everyone stands back. Proceed.

- Deathsinger you do normally, everyone needs to be super careful. This is probably the hardest part to do flawless

- Crota, 2 swords, get him down before ogres is possible

- Enjoy your new trophy :D

Took us 3 tries to get it. Here's the video, you can start watching around 54min mark :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnhXYp6t48Y

ocean

Banned
We got our flawless a few weeks back, easiest is normal Crota to get it done.

here's what we did.

- When you load in, only one person goes down into the abyss while the rest wait up top. Said person solo's the abyss, and when he gets to the 2nd encounter (the bridge), everyone will be teleported to him.

- Proceed to do the bridge normally, no cheese here. Cross over one by one with the sword, easy enough in normal mode

- Shrieker room is pretty easy, pick them off while everyone stands back. Proceed.

- Deathsinger you do normally, everyone needs to be super careful. This is probably the hardest part to do flawless

- Crota, 2 swords, get him down before ogres is possible

- Enjoy your new trophy :D

Took us 3 tries to get it. Here's the video, you can start watching around 54min mark :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnhXYp6t48Y
Great tips. I'd add a few recommendations:

Shrieker hallway: pop a bubble. It's a good way to stay safe when the shriekers start spewing their deadly purple goo. Since you're not getting second chest just take it real slow there, no rush.

Deathsinger: Ir Yut goes down quick so there's no need to rush to her. After both shriekers are down, try killing some of the Knights before going in. It's a mess inside if you don't do any cleanup. When she begins her liturgy you have 30 seconds to kill her. That's plenty of time, considering she stands perfectly still during this time and will just eat your rockets. Be very careful standing close to the walls since there are doors that Knights will spawn out of, it's messy. As soon as she dies run the hell out and pick enemies out from a distance.

bridge: no need to cheese. Just run legit, as 32s on Normal it should be ok. If there's someone who has a hard time killing Gatekeeper, don't have him go first so somebody who's already been across can blind it for him (Flashbang or Saint-14). Shouldn't be necessary but it's a great fail-safe. Once 3 are across have those 3 build bridge from other side and the 3 on initial side go up the stairs near spawn point to camp and wait for Swordbearer. You'll be safe up there. Whoever caps middle on far side will have to deal with Gatekeepers. If you can't blind it, jumping around him works.

I'd love to see someone who quit at first boss react to this. It does seem easy to plat though.
It can be done in 1 playthough. I just need to find X and Y, and do the chalice dungeon. Maybe it should be easy for any Souls player?
I find the best weapon to use is the Corrective Measure. Word of Crota helps as well, but it's about basically camping in Control and making sure you don't do anything too stupid. I've done the Thorn bounty five times and Corrective Measure was really a god send.

You get the Stranger's Rifle if you beat the game. It's a nice gun you can use for any alts that you might run through, but there's no real reason to go through the story. Of course, the point of the campaign is that it's an easy source of XP.

You also don't get repeat rewards, so there's no reason to do them again other than to do them for fun (or for a particular bounty that requires a Weekly/Nightfall completion).

Firehawk12 the last remaining guardian. Stay strong!

patchday

well the dark souls 2 servers were down all night so I got this done:

Grats! Good to see so folks with all 3 classes these days (rather than 3 copies of the same class, etc).

I still have 2 titans & 1 hunter. Wanted to make a Warlock. Got a bunch of exotic armor for him and all legendaries. Only stinky thing is some are using the old Light scale. Was kind of hoping the game would grace me more items with powerful light.

Also, not really super looking forward to going through dat leveling process again. And super not looking forward to Crota. kind of had my fill for the time being.

Skele7on

Banned
Morning Dgaf :)

Didn't finish hard crota or hard atheon this week....I don't think I've ever let them slip before... I feel so dirty. I don't deserve you Destiny.

I don't even think my reset crew is planning on doing any raiding this week either. C'mon Bungie, give us something about house of wolves this week. I need something.

Bastard, I was banned when you did that, I wanted in :(

I need to do this at some point soon.....

Haven't logged into Destiny for 2 days.

I feel nothing.

This game has no power over me.

Withdrawals will come friend, they will come and bite hard!

noomi

Bastard, I was banned when you did that, I wanted in :(

I need to do this at some point soon.....

Dang, I didn't even know you got banned. No worries I'd be up to help some if time allows, I'm still here :D

Haven't logged into Destiny for 2 days.

I feel nothing.

This game has no power over me.

Monster

Nah. I'll be on for reset tomorrow and finish the weekly stuff in a day or two. Easter long weekend is all for Bloodborne.

With MK out next month, The Witcher in May and no signs of HoW hitting till June/July, Destiny got nothing for me to make me login more than a day or two each week.

Skele7on

Banned
Nah. I'll be on for reset tomorrow and finish the weekly stuff in a day or two. Easter long weekend is all for Bloodborne.

With MK out next month, The Witcher in May and no signs of HoW hitting till June/July, Destiny got nothing for me.

I hope it's May, I mean there is nothing to say it's not going to be right?

June/July is ultra risky, sure we' will return but the danger is that they may lose some fans if the wait for new content is too long....

:|

LTWood12

Other than the helmet, I'm trying to remember a time that I ran normal CE, didn't get armor, then ran hard and DID get armor. Anyone here have experience on this? When I leveled my hunter this past month, I always got my gear on normal, or by doing Hard BEFORE normal. Never from hard AFTER normal (again, other than the helmet).

I hope that sentence makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom