• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Does anyone want to do a quick Crota normal full run? Figured I'd ask before going the LFG route.

Edit: Nevermind, went to LFG since this place is a ghost town. :(

Ghazi

Really? Thats pretty lame if its just a reskin. Come on bungie, its annoying enough that alotta auto rifles are just reskins. Now theres a new exotic helm in HoW thats reskinned?

of a reskin lol

nx6d8uh.jpg

Ganhyun

lol at all the reskins being "new" content. Goes to show you, Bungie made a deal with the Devil and we've been seeing the effects pretty much since this game came out.

patchday

Not sure if I am going to swing for HoW when it releases. I want to see some improvements

For instance, Diablo 3 added transmorgification somewhere down the line which allows players to change their appearance.

It just frustrating watching these devs stumble along down this RPG path. I keep feeling like they either lack the man power and/or wisdom to fully pull it off. I get upset just thinking bout it because this game has such a fun foundation

But now that there's a lot more choices for RPGs on the PS4 front (Bloodborne & Dark souls II), I don't think this game will be my priority anymore. Maybe the rumored 'Comet' expansion will bring the detailed RPG stuff I crave. Let me wear what I want instead of forcing me to look like everyone else, more game types in Crucible, higher glimmer caps, etc.

Heck, at least get on par with Halo Reach in regards to pvp (edit: map voting! spawning on a friend!). I'm looking at my friend's list and people dropping off from Destiny now that we all have more choices to play

GhaleonEB

Would still like to do a normal crota run but haven't heard from Agent or anyone else yet.

OK. I'm going to play a different game for a bit, shoot me an invite if you start to get a team together.

Hah. There's not a single other person playing Destiny on my friends list. Nearly all those online are playing Bloodborne.

of a reskin lol

nx6d8uh.jpg

"alright man the game comes out in 6 months and we need to design a new helmet for warlocks"
"what if....we took this helmet, and colored it black?"
"whoa i never thought of that man. but what if we also inverted the colors?"
"wow this is insane! now we have 3 helmets! it's like nuclear fission or some shit."

phen0m24

Bloodborne - cheese or be cheesed

I beat the first 2 bosses and am almost to the BSB.

BOOYAH

And we beat Crota on normal last night and Atheon on hard.

keeping it real in the OT baby

PS: If Anubis80 ever shows up in this thread, he got the platinum too

"alright man the game comes out in 6 months and we need to design a new helmet for warlocks"
"what if....we took this helmet, and colored it black?"
"whoa i never thought of that man. but what if we also inverted the colors?"
"wow this is insane! now we have 3 helmets! it's like nuclear fission or some shit."

Sadly this is probably a pretty accurate portrayal of their brainstorming sessions. They're either really lazy or really in over their heads and I'm not sure what's worse.

noomi

Does anyone even use the last word anymore? It seems it's all Hawkmoon, thorn, red death in crucible now, I don't even see the vex anymore....

I thought the vex only had ammo accidentally nerfed?

Yeah. Wave 1 Legendary. Before TDB dropped it was purchasable by Vanguard, I believe.

yeah, i got into destiny like right before TDB

TDB actually had more legs for me than it seemed cuz i was still catching up on OG content

im worried house of wolves is just not gonna last now that i'm caught up with everything

coy

Does anyone even use the last word anymore? It seems it's all Hawkmoon, thorn, red death in crucible now, I don't even see the vex anymore....

I switch it up between all the ones you mentioned including TLW depending on the map. I also take note of what killed me and TLW still has a following. Personally, I come across Thorn and Red Death most often; Vex and Suros are MIA. This is mainly Clash.

Agent

Would still like to do a normal crota run but haven't heard from Agent or anyone else yet.

Sorry, I jumped into a LFG group for the first time in months since this place is dead. It was actually painless and quick, surprisingly. I don't have any more characters to run it on, but I'd help out if there are enough of us.

Ghazi

Personally, I feel like the nerf to fusion rifle shot spread affected the Vex as well. Thing isn't very good past close quarters anymore.

Those homing soul arrows had the target acquisition of Truth and you had multiple shooting half a mile away. It was nuts.

Nerfed to oblivion cuz it was "too hard"

demon of song downed, thing was cray cray looking.

Dude, that boss was neutral x(

of a reskin lol

nx6d8uh.jpg

Yeah, the first time I saw that helmet was such a letdown, I was expecting a vortex animation in the helmet or an original design but nah, at least is not like the raid helmets that have nothing in the visor like not really a visor but nothing.

E92 M3

Nerfed to oblivion cuz it was "too hard"

Dude, that boss was neutral x(

Yeah, the first time I saw that helmet was such a letdown, I was expecting a vortex animation in the helmet or an original design but nah, at least is not like the raid helmets that have nothing in the visor like not really a visor but nothing.

Yeah it sucked they had to nerf the Shrine - I got past it with a little effort, but nothing too hard.

Kalamari

Please, Bungie, give us an N7-ish looking shader color combination. Oh, and give it to the shader vendor, whatever her name is.

sikkinixx

Yay my brother-in-law and I finally beat the fucking Nightfall! He got an exotic and a legendary, while I got 13 strange coins. Cheesed the fuck outta the boss, but goddamn that arc burn is sweet. Makes the guns feel appropriately powered.

E92 M3

Glad to say I beat it pre nerf.

Bungie must have really moved on to Comet or Destiny2 if they can't even be arsed to make a new Helmet model in 5 months

I always say there are only like 3 people working on Destiny upkeep with everyone else on future projects.

damn shame

its too cool looking and sounding to be so crappy now

still remember when i coveted it beyond anything else

It's unfortunate that the only coveted weapon is the Gjallarhorn and that was made by accident. At this point nerfing it would cause a world war so Bungie is stuck. I wish they just made cool and desirable weapons. None of this boring balanced crap.

ocean

Banned

TLW is hard to use. It's a skill weapon, and the changes to HC range and accuracy made it even more so. It's still the quickest killing primary in the game, in the right hands. But that requires being able to aim really quickly, hip firing decently and having the footwork required to kill before getting Felwinter'd.

I stick to Hawkmoon so I can kill from a distance. The Vex and SUROS have fallen so far from their original glory they're not even recognizable anymore. Red Death, Thorn and Hawkmoon probably account for at least half my deaths from primaries. But that's meaningless in this post Felwinter world we live in :(

Ridli

Man, I really like the idea of salvage. But the matchmaking system murders the game type. So many games are stomps putting together very uneven teams in terms of skill and co-ordination. I'm glad that achievement is over.

ocean

Banned
Man, I really like the idea of salvage. But the matchmaking system murders the game type. So many games are stomps putting together very uneven teams in terms of skill and co-ordination. I'm glad that achievement is over.
It's nice when you have a good Fireteam. With randoms, who never use mics, it's just frustrating.

Ghazi

Destiny 2 cannot afford to be managed as poorly as Destiny 1 has, I hope that's the biggest takeaway for them. Dropping last gen consoles should help significantly, but they need to be able to respond to feedback and update the game as quick as possible.

sikkinixx

Any tips for the Thorn exotic bounty? I suck ass at crucible and need the 500 points (5 for a kill, -2 for a death o my using void weapons).

Ghazi

Any tips for the Thorn exotic bounty? I suck ass at crucible and need the 500 points (5 for a kill, -2 for a death o my using void weapons).

Get an Atheon's Epilogue or Word of Crota (Handcannon is much better) and use that, you'll get a lot more kills with a primary.

Slermy

Salvage is my favorite gametype, but I agree, the matchmaking hurts it. Just last night I tried playing and was put into a match where it was me vs. three and they were teabagging & dancing over my corpse every time I died.

I thought I was terrible at crucible and avoided this bounty for ages. When I finally did do it, it not only went smoother than expected but it also made me a much better crucible player. It forces you to play not to die and that's the key.

Play control. Camp the key control points. Preferably arm yourself with a Word of Crota, a void shotgun, and either Corrective Measure or Truth.

Lima

Man Bloodborne platinum was kinda easy compared to Dark Souls and Demon's. Eh I'll take it. Still so many weapons to try out and things to see. Guess I'm good enough on the game though to play some Destiny this week.

Ridli

I'm not a PVP god, but one of the most important lessons I learned when doing that bounty is sometimes you have to retreat. Use you radar and play slower, don't take engagements unless you know you will have an advantage. A lot of times if feels like everything is a one hit kill, but there are a lot of situations where you can survive just by trying to disengage. Circle around and re-engage when you have full health, or try and catch them as they chase you around a corner. Map knowledge makes a big difference of course.

Unless you are a blinking/shotgun god or have lucky raid drops most of your void kills are going to come from snipers/fusion rifles, which means mid range and longer engagements. A higher rate of fire sniper was better for me, as it was easier to get two quick body shots instead of trying for a headshot. Keep an eye out for good rare quality void snipers from engrams as well as at the gunsmith. A Hieracron with a quality scope will do work.

I don't know why, I just can't imagine having done the thorn bounty outside of rumble or a GAF group
Wait what does that mean :eek:

I suck at PvP and grinded out Thorn, twice. I am sure you would do it in no time on your own. I even did it as a Hunter with no Void abilities.

todd360

Man Bloodborne platinum was kinda easy compared to Dark Souls and Demon's. Eh I'll take it. Still so many weapons to try out and things to see. Guess I'm good enough on the game though to play some Destiny this week.

I'd love to see someone who quit at first boss react to this. It does seem easy to plat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom