• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

In terms of amount of unique enemy types, environment variety, boss variety, and amount of optional content BB makes Destiny look really really bad.

shaw515

Neo Member
I'm still searching for that HM gorgon checkpoint if there is a kind guardian out there that would be willing to share on Xbox One.

Lima

In terms of amount of unique enemy types, environment variety, boss variety, and amount of optional content BB makes Destiny look really really bad.

To be fair if we are talking content pretty much every other game makes Destiny look bad. It is absolute garbage in that regard.

Deku Tree

Now that Zelda U and UC4 are delayed... Comet is the only game I want to play this fall... Bungie please bring it and have it be good.

Otherwise it'll be a lonely backlog gaming time...

Lima

No love for Metal Gear Solid? :(

Yeah Baby. Destiny can suck dick in both May and September. Witcher and MGS all over my face.

It's sad to think about this but my love affair with this game might be done. They really lost me by not putting the next DLC out in March or April.

Seriously, who do so many of the rare weapons in this game look awesome, and all the legendaries look so lame and same-y? It's just such a shame. I've taken to inspecting the rare weapons and armor I receive from strikes and sometimes it hurts to see how pretty they are. :lol

True, I equip rare armors while doing bounties to level them up for dismantling, and some of them really look great.

This game desperately needs Transmog. 1 ass shard for armor transmog, 1 ass energy for weapon transmog (not applicable to exotics).

Two birds with one stone: Ass mats have a purpose again, and everyone's guardian won't look the bloody same.

Rehsa

True, I equip rare armors while doing bounties to level them up for dismantling, and some of them really look great.

This game desperately needs Transmog. 1 ass shard for armor transmog, 1 ass energy for weapon transmog (not applicable to exotics).

Two birds with one stone: Ass mats have a purpose again, and everyone's guardian won't look the bloody same.
We can hope for comet or Destiny 2. They could also go the appearance slot route like SWTOR or EQ2 and whatever other MMO does it. Have a second set of armor slots that just override appearance so no need for transmog or anything, just "equip" and go about your day
Edit: not actually sure SW does it, been a while since I played, but know for a fact EQ2 has had it for a long while

Unfortunately, they would probably reset all your progress for each Transmog, just like when you re-roll your Iron Banner weapons. Leveling up gear is just getting more and more painful each time I have to do it, and if I have to do a whole heap of it for HoW, across all three of my characters and all the exotics I have now? Don't even want to think about it.

Their top priority should be making stuff that doesn't look like ass, or making the stuff that doesn't look like ass be more viable in the endgame.

Ambitious

First NF: LDR 5001 (Solar) with Unflinching, High Caliber Rounds and Firefly. Nice.

Guess I'm gonna keep it for Solar Nightfalls. I hate using Black Hammer for anything other than bosses.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
we could use another for Crota, HM.
mind running sword for us?
hehe sorry I was barely conscious.

I will probably end up playing a bit today, I wouldn't mind helping out sword if anyone needs it. I miss it. Probably play some Crucible as well.

But I have to spend most of the day carving through the rest of DS2 so I can tear into Bloodborne. hot molasses at them reviews!
Its so slow in here hawkian. Its so slow. The slowbro is strong in here.
i like slowbro
A few Guardians remain.

I ran sword. :D
nice, congrats! :D

If I dismantle a fully upgraded Crota armor piece would I get back all the radiant shards I put into it?

You wish. Leveled up or not, CE armor and weapons always dismantle into 2 radiant mats.

Unlike VoG and other legendary items that, when leveled up - with or without materials, always give more ass mats. Just ridiculous decisions by Bungie to lengthen the grind.

Shirow

Banned
i had thorn bounty completed before Dark Below and i just didn't pick up the gun so it stayed in my bounty inventory, i picked it up after dark below and got the new version. I've got all of the exotic bounties completed and waiting for house of wolves to grab the guns in case the upgrade process is worse than redoing them.

ugh, I finished the bad juju bounty a few days ago and got the item. I have a few good legendary guns I could use to hold me over till how thou... As long as they dont do the same (grind it all over again) method it should be fine I think.

I wonder when the info dump on HoW is going to drop

The only thing I'm worried about is having to relevel exotics. I may have to quit again for a while if that happens, I just upgraded my Armanterium/Last Word.

ocean

Banned

The only thing I'm worried about is having to relevel exotics. I may have to quit again for a while if that happens, I just upgraded my Armanterium/Last Word.
If they learned anything they'll let us upgrade without losing unlocked Exotic perks. I don't mind waiting for Xur to carry an upgrade. I don't mind paying for his kid's college education with the crazy glimmer fees he charges. I don't mind having to put time and mats into filling bubbles again.

I do mind losing my Exotic perks. Don't take Wolfpack from my Horn. Don't take lucky bullets from my Hawk or DoT from my Thorn.

I basically want the last bubbles to be wiped clean, starting with 331 and using those extra bubbles to hit the new cap without losing the perks. Make the bubbles extra XP hungry if you want, I don't care. It's just losing the perks was a slap in the face at those who took the time to level up Exotics the first time around.

If they learned anything they'll let us upgrade without losing unlocked Exotic perks. I don't mind waiting for Xur to carry an upgrade. I don't mind paying for his kid's college education with the crazy glimmer fees he charges. I don't mind having to put time and mats into filling bubbles again.

I do mind losing my Exotic perks. Don't take Wolfpack from my Horn. Don't take lucky bullets from my Hawk or DoT from my Thorn.

I basically want the last bubbles to be wiped clean, starting with 331 and using those extra bubbles to hit the new cap without losing the perks. Make the bubbles extra XP hungry if you want, I don't care. It's just losing the perks was a slap in the face at those who took the time to level up Exotics the first time around.

Yeah. Like, I don't care what programming trickery they have to use, but leave the special perk bubbles filled. I don't mind relevelling the weapon overall, but goddamit if I don't wanna be stuck unlocking the special perks again

They can't possibly go the same route they did with dark Below dlc. Especially from all the negative feedback they got, bungie can't be that incompetent, can they?

I have been a fan of Bungie aince the reveal of Halo: CE back in 1999 and played through all their halo games and now destiny. I know they can be a great developer when they know wtf they are doing.

I think destiny and TDB was their first attempt at a MMO type of universe but so many design choices they made shows their inexperience in this field. Hopefully with all the feedback they have been getting and the delay, HOW changes peoples negative opinion of Bungie.. If they decide to go same route, they will lose fans and sales.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it is already confirmed that they won't use the exact same system for exotic upgrades, by way of a dev's posts in this very forum. we just don't really have any more detail than that yet.

Hoping The Comet is really good. I want to love you again Destiny or rather I love the community way more, so you have to be good to bring the community back D: but you're lacking and boring now with all these games coming out.

it is already confirmed that they won't use the exact same system for exotic upgrades, by way of a dev's posts in this very forum. we just don't really have any more detail than that yet.

Yeah but at this point it's like....I feel in their mind, they can't make it too easy, they're going to make you want to work for it. You know, to lengthen playtime or something.

Deku Tree

I'm happy that people like Luke Smith and Urk etc post here sometimes. But it it very strange to me that the only info we get about the future upgrade elements of the next expansion comes from a late night developer post on GAF.

Hoping The Comet is really good. I want to love you again Destiny or rather I love the community way more, so you have to be good to bring the community back D: but you're lacking and boring now with all these games coming out.

I am hoping the same thing. I'm still gonna run NF and weekly probably but otherwise there is really nothing left to do, and all of these weapon and armor upgrade resets simply for the sake of gear progression is tiring and not fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah but at this point it's like....I feel in their mind, they can't make it too easy, they're going to make you want to work for it. You know, to lengthen playtime or something.
Ultimately, the playerbase will be okay with any system that doesn't undo the two unique (single row-per-column) perks on a fully upgraded exotic weapon.
I'm happy that people like Luke Smith and Urk etc post here sometimes. But it it very strange to me that the only info we get about the future upgrade elements of the next expansion comes from a late night developer post on GAF.
From a development-as-business standpoint it's not that peculiar to me; what can be announced in a concrete capacity before it's literally ready to ship is quite limited under ideal circumstances... just look at the weekly updates. While reassuring, you can barely even describe Luke's post as containing any information... rather it was a nice hit of insight on what they wouldn't be doing.

Matush

After playing for almost 8 months since day one, Horn just dropped for the first time, damn. Time to finally put Destiny on the shelf until HoW.

ocean

Banned
After playing for almost 8 months since day one, Horn just dropped for the first time, damn. Time to finally put Destiny on the shelf until HoW.
Unlock those Wolfpack rounds though. Next week is Void burn but the week after that will be Solar and you'll want to take the upgraded Horn out for a spin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom