• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviant1

RNGesus was pretty good to me yesterday. Did 3x daily heroics and managed to get 5 legendary engrams that decrypted to some decent gear for once. The best was a B-Line Trauma scout rifle with outlaw, send it, and firefly. It's pretty beast in PvE.

My Hunter and Titan are already 31 and my Warlock should hit 31 this week. I need to find some people to raid with, I still haven't done a single VoG or CE raid of any kind :(

image.php

I hope it's May, I mean there is nothing to say it's not going to be right?

June/July is ultra risky, sure we' will return but the danger is that they may lose some fans if the wait for new content is too long....

:|

I hope it's June, mainly because I don't think there is anything major coming out during June-August, so that's the best time for Bungie to release HoW, and maybe even push Comet to the holiday season.

E92 M3

One of the reasons my play on Destny has slowed is not because I have nothing to chase (don't actually like chasing loot), but because Bungie insisted on making the majority of weapons boring, balanced and unexciting. Recently, they boosted shotguns but that wasn't nearly enough. I want crazy shit like the original Mythoclast. If they must, just add the whole "against minions of the darkness" modifiers to weapons and make them badass for PVE.

Other than the helmet, I'm trying to remember a time that I ran normal CE, didn't get armor, then ran hard and DID get armor. Anyone here have experience on this? When I leveled my hunter this past month, I always got my gear on normal, or by doing Hard BEFORE normal. Never from hard AFTER normal (again, other than the helmet).

I hope that sentence makes sense.

Never heard of anyone getting armor (except helmet from Crota) on hard.

Armor is not even in the hard loot table afaik.

I did NM DS + Crota twice, 1 Weekly and zero Nightfalls this week. Feels weird.

I didn't do much more than that. Still no Horn. Not caring as much anymore that I don't have it.

Borderlands collection has actually been the game to pull me away. I didn't like it when I played on the PS3. Now that I'm playing co-op, it's a completely different experience.

Do you need to jump up the tower, or just across the bridge? I want to try it asap so it wouldn't get patched later on.

It's for despawning the enemies and getting the ogres out.

If you have a confident team it's no issue to do it properly, but when i did it, we three manned it and it was easier for us just to get up high.

I must report that after a brief anecdote about how my luck in destiny had run so fucking thin....and that I wasn't getting shit for weeks on end...(the post before this very post) I have finally acquired it.

I GOT GJALLAHORN !!!!!! I was so hype I scared the shit out of my baby laying in my lap. (Literally) So after I cleaned up my kid and calmed him down I began the process of leveling that baby up. God this gun is so cheap. Thanks for all those people that said to hang in there. You were right. To those who haven't gotten it yet, just keep playing it'll come. I know that''s hard to hear but its so true.

FYI: I got mine from gorgon chest on my alt warlock. I was so hype I didn't even do Crota HM\Atheon this week lol. Goodluck Guardians

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the tips guys. However I still haven't completed the story starting with Venus, is it worth doing at all or just a waste of time? I'm not very much interested in the story so fast not have I been following it much. I've only been doing it so fast to keep up with the bounties.

As for the challenges, would repeating the daily/weekly heroic challenges lose its worth after you beat them once before the rest?

The story is terrible / nonexistent. However, there are some good missions and you'll get a lot of XP / loot for clearing them. IMO, many of the missions are pretty fun on their own merits. Just don't expect a "story".

E92 M3

I must report that after a brief anecdote about how my luck in destiny had run so fucking thin....and that I wasn't getting shit for weeks on end...(the post before this very post) I have finally acquired it.

I GOT GJALLAHORN !!!!!! I was so hype I scared the shit out of my baby laying in my lap. (Literally) So after I cleaned up my kid and calmed him down I began the process of leveling that baby up. God this gun is so cheap. Thanks for all those people that said to hang in there. You were right. To those who haven't gotten it yet, just keep playing it'll come. I know that''s hard to hear but its so true.

FYI: I got mine from gorgon chest on my alt warlock. I was so hype I didn't even do Crota HM\Atheon this week lol. Goodluck Guardians

Lol congrats!

One of the reasons my play on Destny has slowed is not because I have nothing to chase (don't actually like chasing loot), but because Bungie insisted on making the majority of weapons boring, balanced and unexciting. Recently, they boosted shotguns but that wasn't nearly enough. I want crazy shit like the original Mythoclast. If they must, just add the whole "against minions of the darkness" modifiers to weapons and make them badass for PVE.

Shotguns made ROC strikes and general pve stuff fun, but what's the point?

Running ROC is pointless because you get crappy loot and it's 6-7 strikes repeating over and over again, with no modifiers to mix things up.

Bounties and faction leveling up is pointless because, again, you get useless crap like commendations and chances of getting a shader/ship or even a decent weapon are next to none.

Every time I'm online I jump on and do some bounties, hoping I'll get a shader to drop.

The loot struggle is ridiculous.

Kyne

I haven't touched the game since last week. I feel like I played destiny so long simply because I had nothing else to do. Now that I have options, I can see the game for what it really is..

..a grind fest with a reward system that punishes the player.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Skele7on

Banned
The story is terrible / nonexistent. However, there are some good missions and you'll get a lot of XP / loot for clearing them. IMO, many of the missions are pretty fun on their own merits. Just don't expect a "story".

How can something non existent be terrible :p

I have grown to love the "story" missions I can just watch netflix whilst just running through and shooting stuff.

They need to add more sword missions as the urn one was utterly amazing and a travesty it was locked in that quest chain.

LTWood12

I haven't touched the game since last week. I feel like I played destiny so long simply because I had nothing else to do. Now that I have options, I can see the game for what it really is..

I don't really have any loot left to get other than some exotic armors from xur and raid gear on my Warlock. I'm still playing because of the community, and because the core mechanics are fantastic. I'm still having fun.

noomi

Awesome! Congrats, you have finally ascended guardian, get to unlocking them wolf rounds!

So much this, after acquiring every exotic weapon, the only thing I have left is painfully leveling the few exotics I have remaining or playing crucible.... which without a party is really not as enjoyable. I need my carrot on the stick again :(

Maybe I should shard my hawkmoons and start looking again.... omg what am I saying?!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

*hug* You NEED to believe!

Skele7on

Banned
So much this, after acquiring every exotic weapon, the only thing I have left is painfully leveling the few exotics I have remaining or playing crucible.... which without a party is really not as enjoyable. I need my carrot on the stick again :(

Literally the boat I'm in, I have stuff to level both guns and armor I just have absolutely zero patience to do it at the moment, maybe once I have some new content I'll feel slightly differently, but the though of grinding ROC strikes and bounties makes me feel sick.

coy

I didn't do much more than that. Still no Horn. Not caring as much anymore that I don't have it.

Borderlands collection has actually been the game to pull me away. I didn't like it when I played on the PS3. Now that I'm playing co-op, it's a completely different experience.
If it wasn't for BB, I'd be all over this. I got through 1 (GOTY edition) & 2 (no DLC) on 360 and knew I would pick up the Handsome Collection when it was announced. Co-op is the way to go with this.

I've got holiday tomorrow and will be looking to complete most of the weekly activities at reset.

Hyun Sai

That is certainly true. The last straw for me was 3 weeks ago when 3 nightfalls gave me 9 strange coins and 2 IDENTICAL legendary fusion rifles.

I only logged last saturday to buy the only telemetries I needed for Hand cannon, but unless we got some PVE Exotic weapons that are worth it outside Gjallahorn to bring some diversity in end game, I'm pretty much done.

Kyne

Let me add in the disclaimer that the gameplay is still superb. It's honestly the only thing that keeps me from logging on at all. My girlfriend and I will always be down to mess around in crucible.

E92 M3

I have grown to love the "story" missions I can just watch netflix whilst just running through and shooting stuff.

They need to add more sword missions as the urn one was utterly amazing and a travesty it was locked in that quest chain.

I am still shocked that the best story mission cannot be replayed again. I think they can unlock it, but simply overlooked it since no one is talking about it.

I simply ignore the weapons I don't use since leveling up is such a chore. I don't know how people do it lol.

dB Viper

F OFF BUNGIE.

So I'm going for flawless raider - solo crota NM. I just cleared the entire add section on Deathsinger, all I need is Crota, and I get contacting Destiny servers and it kicks me out. You have got to be kidding me.

Skele7on

Banned
F OFF BUNGIE.

So I'm going for flawless raider - solo crota NM. I just cleared the entire add section on Deathsinger, all I need is Crota, and I get contacting Destiny servers and it kicks me out. You have got to be kidding me.

shouldn't count as death?

I am still shocked that the best story mission cannot be replayed again. I think they can unlock it, but simply overlooked it since no one is talking about it.

Yeah super super weird, we should fight for it.

Ambitious

What are you saying? Don't you know there's rich cinematic storytelling set in a universe on a par with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars?

MickeyPhree

RNGesus was pretty good to me yesterday. Did 3x daily heroics and managed to get 5 legendary engrams that decrypted to some decent gear for once. The best was a B-Line Trauma scout rifle with outlaw, send it, and firefly. It's pretty beast in PvE.

My Hunter and Titan are already 31 and my Warlock should hit 31 this week. I need to find some people to raid with, I still haven't done a single VoG or CE raid of any kind :(

I still have never done vog despite doing crota nm and hm many times.

Other than the helmet, I'm trying to remember a time that I ran normal CE, didn't get armor, then ran hard and DID get armor. Anyone here have experience on this? When I leveled my hunter this past month, I always got my gear on normal, or by doing Hard BEFORE normal. Never from hard AFTER normal (again, other than the helmet).

I hope that sentence makes sense.

Yes, I think if you run Normal CE first, no matter what you won't get any armor drops on HM CE if you run Hard CE after. So you just had bad luck on Normal CE and didn't get any armor drops, then ran Hard after, you wouldn't get anything.

*hug* You NEED to believe!

The tooth fairy is just one of your parents creepily slipping cash under your pillow.

You on at reset tomorrow? I'll carry over the gorgon chest, so you can try your luck.

... sigh... yeah, I'll be on after work tomorrow.

Thanks for helping out. The good part about this is that if you're there when I get the horn, you'll get to hear me squeal like a little girl. Actually, I haven't figured out the response yet. But that is the most likely response.

LTWood12

Yes, I think if you run Normal CE first, no matter what you won't get any armor drops on HM CE if you run Hard CE after. So you just had bad luck on Normal CE and didn't get any armor drops, then ran Hard after, you wouldn't get anything.

I actually did get helmets for my hunter on both normal and hard this week, but that seems to work differently than the others.

If it wasn't for BB, I'd be all over this. I got through 1 (GOTY edition) & 2 (no DLC) on 360 and knew I would pick up the Handsome Collection when it was announced. Co-op is the way to go with this.

I've got holiday tomorrow and will be looking to complete most of the weekly activities at reset.

Yeah, Bloodborne isn't for me so it was perfect timing. I'm playing with guys from DGAF which is cool because it still feels like the Destiny community but with a different game.

They have a TLW-esque weapon in the game. Way more viable PvE weapon in BL2 than it is in Destiny.

stb

It makes me a little sad that I can catch up on all the posts made in this thread between 8pm on Friday and 10am on Monday in around 30 minutes. =|

RetroMG

So I know this isn't going to be super likely on Monday Morning, but if anyone wants to run HM Crota, I still need to clear it a couple of times before reset.

Let me know. PSN: RetroMG

LordofPwn

did raids on thursday with the clan, just to help them with it couple people still want a crux. I got a 2nd crux and 2 no lands, i think 2 others got cruxes, both have gotten more than 2. people that wanted them didnt get them. was also hoping for update on when to expect HoW. probably help with raids on tuesday otherwise back to Borderlands 2. Nearly have it beat and then onto The pre-sequel. I also picked up Shadow of mordor and driveclub season pass with the 10% off code. Driveclub is now my grind, well that and Diablo 3. 2 trophies till platinum on Diablo, 4 for driveclub each requiring only time.

GhaleonEB

I mean, it alternates between terrible and non existent. :lol

On the one hand entire missions go by without anything of note happening. On the other, well, I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

Skele7on

Banned
I mean, it alternates between terrible and non existent. :lol

On the one hand entire missions go by without anything of note happening. On the other, well, I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

I would have actually much preferred instead of "I don't have time ect ect"

the stranger said "it's all fucked up, you got to fix this, if you don't we're all dead"

My own theory is actually the ghost is an evil guy and you proceed in going to planets just to start wars with other races just for his enjoyment.

How can something with the power to bring you back from the dead struggle so much opening doors?

No wonder guardians can't run for extended periods of time.

F OFF BUNGIE.

shouldn't count as death?

S
O
L
O

That sucks Viper. Good thing is, you can be back at Deathsinger in less than half an hour. It's not like VoG flawless where you get to the jumping puzzle after 50 minutes and the last one across dies.

I still have never done vog despite doing crota nm and hm many times.

In that case, you haven't played the actual Raid in Destiny. Suggest you find a team and give it a shot. There will be plenty (i hope) players tomorrow for the weekly reset.

The tooth fairy is just one of your parents creepily slipping cash under your pillow.

... sigh... yeah, I'll be on after work tomorrow.

Thanks for helping out. The good part about this is that if you're there when I get the horn, you'll get to hear me squeal like a little girl. Actually, I haven't figured out the response yet. But that is the most likely response.

That is exactly why I want to be there.

Let's try it. Need 4 for PS4 HM Crota. If anyone has the Crota Checkpoint or can run sword, that would also be great.

1. RetroMG
2. Unstable

I can do both but with the glitch and lag fest that has been Crota this week, I really don't want to...

I'll login to give you guys the checkpoint, if you can't find a 6th or sword wielder, I'll hop on.

Arrrammis

After playing Bloodborne, Destiny seems so light-hearted. even the dark sections with the hive seem light after a few hours in Bloodborne, because there isn't an enemy behind every wall and pillar waiting to kill you in a single hit.

Deku Tree

After playing Bloodborne, Destiny seems so light-hearted. even the dark sections with the hive seem light after a few hours in Bloodborne, because there isn't an enemy behind every wall and pillar waiting to kill you in a single hit.

Destiny is rated T=teen

Bloodborne is rated M=mature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom