• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Really? I may have to give it a shot if we get that, then. It'll be a pain rebuilding all my playlists. Is di.fm free?

Yes, it's free with lower quality and commercials here and there. I pay 5 bucks a month for the better quality since I listen to it a lot in my car.

You get the Stranger's Rifle if you beat the game. It's a nice gun you can use for any alts that you might run through, but there's no real reason to go through the story. Of course, the point of the campaign is that it's an easy source of XP.

You also don't get repeat rewards, so there's no reason to do them again other than to do them for fun (or for a particular bounty that requires a Weekly/Nightfall completion).

Yeah I figured about the story line. Then again I don't need XP any more ance I'm already past 20. However I don't want to miss any of the loot, so I guess I will just finish it off.

There are some rewards doing the Venus part like tons of Exp, a unique pulse rifle and motes of light in the last missions

I guess I will just finish it off, should have done that already I suppose.

If you can get to 28, dgaf will happily help you through the nightfalls. I know i have no issues with sherpa mode. :)

I know it isn't easy to get there, you have to know exactly what you're doing and all but I'm going to try to get top 28 ASAP.

The story is terrible / nonexistent. However, there are some good missions and you'll get a lot of XP / loot for clearing them. IMO, many of the missions are pretty fun on their own merits. Just don't expect a "story".

Yeah like I said don't need the xp but I could use some more loot.

Will keep playing guys, see how it goes and keep you guys updated.

Impala26

...Then again I don't need XP any more ance I'm already past 20. However I don't want to miss any of the loot, so I guess I will just finish it off.

It's not immediately apparent, but despite not leveling up from XP past level 20, you still NEED XP.

XP is needed in order to upgrade your weapons and armor (the progress bars that form around the "bubbles"). Also, every 80k XP you earn nets you a mote of light (according to destinystatus.com, though I still think that's a bit high). Legendaries and Exotics, especially the WEAPONS need a MOUNTAIN of XP to be able to upgrade, so be prepared.

The best most efficient way of getting XP for this is of course the bounties, but wrapping up your story missions, as well as completing the randomly chosen daily story mission are another great way of getting XP.

Just don't forget to equip the proper weapons and gear that needs leveling at the time you're turning your bounties into the bounty tracker.

Kyne

Yeah I figured about the story line. Then again I don't need XP any more ance I'm already past 20. However I don't want to miss any of the loot, so I guess I will just finish it off.

I guess I will just finish it off, should have done that already I suppose.

I know it isn't easy to get there, you have to know exactly what you're doing and all but I'm going to try to get top 28 ASAP.

Will keep playing guys, see how it goes and keep you guys updated.

You poor thing. :(

you're going to need XP forever

RetroMG

cool I may have two other friends on in a bit to help out just depends how log it takes to get close to six.(people)

Just send me an invite when you are ready. If I'm not playing Destiny, I'll have Spotify on, so I'll still hear the invite.

It's not immediately apparent, but despite not leveling up from XP past level 20, you still NEED XP.

XP is needed in order to upgrade your weapons and armor (the progress bars that form around the "bubbles"). Also, every 80k XP you earn nets you a mote of light (according to destinystatus.com, though I still think that's a bit high). Legendaries and Exotics, especially the WEAPONS need a MOUNTAIN of XP to be able to upgrade, so be prepared.

The best most efficient way of getting XP for this is of course the bounties, but wrapping up your story missions, as well as completing the randomly chosen daily story mission are another great way of getting XP.

Just don't forget to equip the proper weapons and gear that needs leveling at the time you're turning your bounties into the bounty tracker.

Now that I wasn't aware off. Damn man, thanks for the tip.

You poor thing. :(

you're going to need XP forever

Lol

I know I need XP, but I meant in a way that leveling up isn't as centered around XP before and after level 20.

I finally played Destiny last night and the guy I did the nightfall with got the 4th Horseman. That'll all I need!

Going to do my last 2 Nightfalls tonight if anyone is interested.

I'm thankful for BB. Such a fantastic game. Glad something finally got me out of the Destiny loop other than nightfalls. But I wouldn't mind doing a ds->Crota normal run or 2. But I do miss DGAF

Narmer's reaction to getting the Narmer Horn is my own personal Narmer Horn. Except it will only drop once and then be gone forever and I'll probably miss it.

Unless it can be recorded. Then you can sit in your room whenever you want and listen.

But please don't do that because, well, that would be sketchy.

E92 M3

I can say the ending of destiny is also interesting as well :p due to the lack of explanations. But nonetheless I shall say no more! Wait what was destiny story again something about light and darkness :p

I know it's very abstract, but now I will play expecting something and might accidentally guess the spoiler. lol

Shirow

Banned
Man this happens to me for jumping late on destiny. Got 3 characters 30+ but just one 32 which made it there a week ago. Had all the crota shards for him, did vanguard like crazy to level the other two but I never bothered to do eris bounties because of course, I wasn't dealing with crota content until I leveled enough to do so.

Now I have 70+ radiant energies that I can't convert to shards because I'm just level 1 faction for eris. And there are only 3-4 freaking bounties per day... Man f%&% this s#it.

Now I'm disappointed, not gonna hit 32 on all my dudes before HOW drops because of this crap most likely.

Hung Wei Lo

Anyone out there need to (or wants to help *bats eyelashes*) with normal Crota? I'd rather not try to solo it as I'd rather have teammates to rely on (blame) for anything that goes wrong.

I'm looking to do a couple of quick runs tonight before the reset tomorrow (#blackhammerless etc) at around 9pm Eastern. Anyone up for it?

Impala26

Now that I wasn't aware off. Damn man, thanks for the tip.

It's a pretty important tip that the game doesn't make evidently obvious.
I was equally blown away when someone suggested it the first time.

I haven't tested it, but evidently if you level up weapons and gear without even actually UPGRADING them, they have greater yields of materials when dismantling (e.g. weapon parts and class-specific armor materials). Though this obviously won't give you planetary materials (e.g. spinmetal) and I'm highly doubting it gives any ascendant materials this way--without actually upgrading--either.

Obviously upgrading dinky weapons and gear just for greater dismantling yields is really only a thing if you've got nothing better to use bounty XP on. :p

My deepest apologizes if I end up ruining anything for you :(

Its not like the game have you to think about connecting the dots like dark souls, the main points are just tied to random pieces of papers like the dead ghosts you find like Destiny but this information is actually in the game

phen0m24

Narmer's reaction to getting the Narmer Horn is my own personal Narmer Horn. Except it will only drop once and then be gone forever and I'll probably miss it.

One of the reasons I still play Destiny, to be sure.
Also, hard mode

I finally played Destiny last night and the guy I did the nightfall with got the 4th Horseman. That'll all I need!

Me too. If that happened I - ok - I wouldn't cry but I would whine a bit.

Unless it can be recorded. Then you can sit in your room whenever you want and listen.

But please don't do that because, well, that would be sketchy.

Oh it'll be on Youtube shortly thereafter for posterity.

After playing Bloodborne, Destiny seems so light-hearted. even the dark sections with the hive seem light after a few hours in Bloodborne, because there isn't an enemy behind every wall and pillar waiting to kill you in a single hit.

A) I don't know those knights in the Crystal room are pretty cheap with their lame-o swords
B) I now equate the Thrall with the sewer rats in BB. If only there was a grenade you could throw to send them (Thrall) scurrying in a different direction...

This thread is moving like a glacier.

Was able to chat with Drizzy and Raybunzy on Saturday morning about all things BB. I'm enjoying it but obviously carrying over my level of
non
-skill into that game.

YOU DIED might as well be my wallpaper

Its not like the game have you to think about connecting the dots like dark souls, the main points are just tied to random pieces of papers like the dead ghosts you find like Destiny but this information is actually in the game
Shhh no more :p but I will be back this week if anything need any crota HM kills. A tad bit rusty tho ;)

One of the reasons I still play Destiny, to be sure.
Also, hard mode

Me too. If that happened I - ok - I wouldn't cry but I would whine a bit.

Oh it'll be on Youtube shortly thereafter for posterity.

Yeah... hard mode... I think I enabled that sometime last week. I think I enabled VeryHardMode (that's trademarked) to be honest. That's where I'm not just a non-asset to the team but actually a straight-up liability.

I may be the only level 32 ever to be told to just die in the crystal room. Probably wouldn't have told me that if I had a horn... just sayin'...

MickeyPhree

Man this happens to me for jumping late on destiny. Got 3 characters 30+ but just one 32 which made it there a week ago. Had all the crota shards for him, did vanguard like crazy to level the other two but I never bothered to do eris bounties because of course, I wasn't dealing with crota content until I leveled enough to do so.

Now I have 70+ radiant energies that I can't convert to shards because I'm just level 1 faction for eris. And there are only 3-4 freaking bounties per day... Man f%&% this s#it.

Now I'm disappointed, not gonna hit 32 on all my dudes before HOW drops because of this crap most likely.

I've been working on upping that bounty to four for almost a month now. I, like you, jumped in late. Three characters at 31,30, and 27.

At 3.5 so maybe another ten days.

phen0m24

Shhh no more :p but I will be back this week if anything need any crota HM kills. A tad bit rusty tho ;)

iRAWR2asaurus in the house :)

Sup dude?!

rawr2 = R2 come on come on you got it :p

Yeah... hard mode... I think I enabled that sometime last week. I think I enabled VeryHardMode (that's trademarked) to be honest. That's where I'm not just a non-asset to the team but actually a straight-up liability.

I may be the only level 32 ever to be told to just die in the crystal room. Probably wouldn't have told me that if I had a horn... just sayin'...

Wait wait wait. Very Hard Mode™ yowza

I'm done with my play so no more rehearsal, etc. :)

Frostburn

Anyone need a nightfall or two? Weekly Heroics? Atheon HM or have Gorgon Check Point? I've basically only done one NM Crota's End Raid and One Nightfall so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom