• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirow

Banned
I've been working on upping that bounty to four for almost a month now. I, like you, jumped in late. Three characters at 31,30, and 27.

At 3.5 so maybe another ten days.
Geez... Who even thought of doing this? Can only get rewards once a week and can only up the faction this way..

iRAWR2asaurus in the house :)

Sup dude?!

rawr2 = R2 come on come on you got it :p

Wait wait wait. Very Hard Mode™ yowza

I'm done with my play so no more rehearsal, etc. :)

Oh good... I wouldn't want you spending too much time with the kids when you could be attempting VeryHardMode with someone you met over the Internet.

Priorities.

On a similar level of seriousness, you should hit up some of the reset activities tomorrow night. I will be on doing the usual stuff. Oh, the possibilities. The endless
(one)
possbilit
(y)
ies.

Axoman

Anyone? Whatever time works for you works for me (after 4:30 central).

Depending on the time you are wanting to do it, I may be able to. It would be after about 10pm central time for me.

I got my first hard mode crota kill running the sword this weekend, so I can run it if needed, although I wouldn't consider myself a great sword runner as I can't get him in 2 swords in hard mode.

Unstable

Is it worth getting this at $30?
Do you like shooting stuff? With a possibility of loot of some description? Perhaps with other people? Then yes. If you answered no to any of these questions, or are interested in the story. Probably not.

It's also worth mentioning that the DLC is quite expensive and pretty much required.

Personally, I'd buy it for $30.

I think so. But keep in mind if you like it you might end up wanting to buy the DLC too.

Do you like shooting stuff? With a possibility of loot of some description? Perhaps with other people? Then yes. If you answered no to any of these questions, or are interested in the story. Probably not.

It's also worth mentioning that the DLC is quite expensive and pretty much required.

Personally, I'd buy it for $30.

Alright, thanks!

patchday

Is it worth getting this at $30?

Be aware- you MUST buy the DLC. Otherwise you will not be able to do the weekly activites (like Nightfall) once or twice a month. Since you are a new player you have no idea what I mean. So I'll attempt to rephrase-

The game price is deceptive. You WILL want the DLC. Otherwise you'll be locked out of some of the biggest content this game has

Lima

It's more like $64,99. You want to buy the expansion pass right away if you enjoy the game. Also it would be an extra 20 cause Activision.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*shrug* I actually do think $30 is a pretty fair price for what you get for $30, even if you decide it isn't worth continuing for further investment.
Pre-Bloodborne: ~30 friends playing Destiny at any given time

Post-Bloodborne: 4-5 people playing Destiny during prime hours.
the great bloodborne exodus :D

Geez... Who even thought of doing this? Can only get rewards once a week and can only up the faction this way..

Fun fact...outside of using the bounties for leveling exotics only one of my toons got to level 4 eris. And I have no intention of grinding the other two to that level. My main will just buy the shaders and class items for my two alts. I find it to be much less painful that way.

MickeyPhree

Fun fact...outside of using the bounties for leveling exotics only one of my toons got to level 4 eris. And I have no intention of grinding the other two to that level. My main will just buy the shaders and class items for my two alts. I find it to be much less painful that way.

That's exactly my plan. I want nothing to do with eris once I hit rank 4.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I will play Evil Within and whatever is worth playing while I wait for House. Will do minor things here and there with Destiny.

Nuszka

HoW was delayed because of BB IMO.

Good one. But i think BB is the reason my group which i raided every week non stop for the past 4 months has decided to take a break from tomorrows reset. Feels weird but we will probably be back the week after. Shrugs gesture.

lol

is there even any evidence that HoW was delayed at all?

i heard march 10th was the rumored release date, but i never saw anything concrete. that would have been bad anyhow because comet probably wont come along until septemberish, so we would have been waiting a long time between them.

if they're delaying it to make sure the quality is good, then they should take as long as they need.

patchday

So earlier this week I logged on to grind some strange coins for Xur. Man this Destiny Companion app is the business. Never seen this in any online rpg. Was so trivial to swap gear around between my avatars.

It is a shame it was added post launch because it really does deserve a lot of press coverage. The only thing better than this is all characters having access to all inventory like in Dragonball Xenoverse. But I am very happy with what we have :)

But yeah I logged out right after getting my Ruin Wings to go play BB. Wish we got this awesome feature earlier

Deku Tree

lol

is there even any evidence that HoW was delayed at all?

i heard march 10th was the rumored release date, but i never saw anything concrete. that would have been bad anyhow because comet probably wont come along until septemberish, so we would have been waiting a long time between them.

if they're delaying it to make sure the quality is good, then they should take as long as they need.

Yes exactly all the rumors said March 10 (I think there may have even been data mining about it maybe by megamanexe). Then there was that picture of a presentation slide that I think said something like approx March 10. Then after one of the patches megamanexe said the date in Destiny datamine for the HoW unlock is May 19. And Bungie said Q2 in a weekly update.

But yeah my post was intended as a joke. lol.

Good one. But i think BB is the reason my group which i raided every week non stop for the past 4 months has decided to take a break from tomorrows reset. Feels weird but we will probably be back the week after. Shrugs gesture.

Still on destiny reset break due to school.

Arrrammis

It's starting to feel like HoW is just a myth, since we're about 2 weeks past the original (assumed) release date, with Bungie not commenting on the DLC at all. It feels like the community is doing way more work with the possible content than Bungie is.

Just like the story.

todd360

Congratulations to our newest guardian lord!

v3JlhTJ.gif

jc5JH7s.jpg

Deku Tree

It's starting to feel like HoW is just a myth, since we're about 2 weeks past the original (assumed) release date, with Bungie not commenting on the DLC at all. It feels like the community is doing way more work with the possible content than Bungie is.

Just like the story.

Well I already paid for it so I hope it is more than a myth.

noomi

Yeah man, oh well. We're still all around, so if any runs happen we will know :)

Bradach

Myself and 2 buddies have the Crota checkpoint (normal).
Any one care to help us finish him?
We'd need a sword bearer and maybe some more muscle.

PSN: Bradach333

Lnkn52

Spotify app is great, too bad at the moment it sounds like mashup of classical music (Destiny) with Britney Spears vocals (Spotify playlist).

keep telling yourself that. :p

Us Guardian Lords will be partying over at the exclusive Lords Tower.

i would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling titans

actually, i stopped caring after math fell down on the jumping puzzle during our flawless attempt lol. i think that's when afro stopped playing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom