• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
If anyone's down for flawless VoG I'd love to try. Won't feel like a real plat until I flawless the Vault, CE is so much easier in comparison. The last 4-5 times I've run VoG I've managed to do it without dying except for 2 slips at the jumping puzzle and an unfortunate missed jump to middle platform last night during Atheon :p I tried Gjallarhorning mid-air while I went middle and ended up overshooting the jump.

Leveling my character after a weeks worth of playing Bloodborne.

Get my first purple engram!

Fuck me and fuck you Cryptarch... I don't want energy I want a purple item.

deafmedal

If anyone's down for flawless VoG I'd love to try. Won't feel like a real plat until I flawless the Vault, CE is so much easier in comparison. The last 4-5 times I've run VoG I've managed to do it without dying except for 2 slips at the jumping puzzle and an unfortunate missed jump to middle platform last night during Atheon :p I tried Gjallarhorning mid-air while I went middle and ended up overshooting the jump.

I would love to try VoG flawless! Haven't bothered trying yet but I watch my deaths on HM VoG, several times I have gotten to Atheon without dying (save team wipes) only to miss that jump or as I am wont to do, blow myself up with G'horn :p

I've already decided that I will NOT bring ole Ghally with me when I do try for flawless.

If you are serious and we can find some others, wanna try this weekend sometime?

mfn_pie

Any late night players? I'm usually on from midnight to around 4am eastern. I'm still a total newb, titan at level 28. Psn is user name. Feel free to add me.

Any late night players? I'm usually on from midnight to around 4am eastern. I'm still a total newb, titan at level 28. Psn is user name. Feel free to add me.

HAHA a victim... I mean friend!

I am just shy of 27 but I should be 28 soon enough. I changed consoles so I have experience... just newb on the PS4.

PSN: CthulhuSars.

Anyone into doing some Atheon kills in about an hour or so? I have the normal and HM checkpoints.

Hard mode will be enabled. If you don't know what I mean by that, then we shouldn't be playing together.

Just kidding. I'll take anyone with me. Let's roll

Edit: checkpoints courtesy of death JR. Feeding my addiction one chest at a time.

Gordon

*sigh* So I finally got my Gjally. It was so characteristically anti-climactic. After getting trash running normal and hard crota on my first titan, clear normal Crota. As the loot drops fly through the ticker I hear the usual shitfit about Gjallarhorn, but I didn't see it come up and I can't make out who they're talking about. Then my wife gets my attention from across the room and is like, "Dude, that was you!"
I said, "Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I never get Gjallarhorn.."
Sure enough, there it was when I hit orbit.

So yeah. Just need Truth, Suros, and the raid exotics. Meh. Moderately hyped to try out wolfpack rounds in the nightfalls after rollover. Really hoping for a solar burn - that would be pretty decent.

Anyone into doing some Atheon kills in about an hour or so? I have the normal and HM checkpoints.

Hard mode will be enabled. If you don't know what I mean by that, then we shouldn't be playing together.

Edit: checkpoints courtesy of death JR. Feeding my addiction one chest at a time.

I will go if 27 is ok for normal mode.

MickeyPhree

31 warlock who has never done anything vog related.

I'd be interested, PSN: HidingMyThunder

patchday

*sigh* So I finally got my Gjally. It was so characteristically anti-climactic. After getting trash running normal and hard crota on my first titan, clear normal Crota. As the loot drops fly through the ticker I hear the usual shitfit about Gjallarhorn, but I didn't see it come up and I can't make out who they're talking about. Then my wife gets my attention from across the room and is like, "Dude, that was you!"
I said, "Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I never get Gjallarhorn.."
Sure enough, there it was when I hit orbit.

So yeah. Just need Truth, Suros, and the raid exotics. Meh. Moderately hyped to try out wolfpack rounds in the nightfalls after rollover. Really hoping for a solar burn - that would be pretty decent.

Ballerhorn should be auto-gifted to anyone that has all characters at max level at least

ocean

Banned

Don't know what you mean by hard mode being enabled except the obvious Heroic level 30 :p as long as it's not an insane NLB-only run I'd be down.
I'm back guys... tomorrow is Black Hammer day.
One can dream...one can dream. I am still waiting for one :(

Edit: still not used to current posting rate in this thread. Getting a double post used to be impossible :p

I should not be excited about hitting Vanguard rank 2. This should not be a thing.

But I should be excited about getting randomly crappy purple chest, to complete my legendary outfit... Woot, screw Vanguard 3 time for raiding!

I wonder how many folks will be around at reset. I wonder if I'll be around... BB NG+/Chalice Dungeons will probably keep me awake. I'm definitely down to do Destiny for a bit if there's a group, not sure how many of my regular crew will show up. Knock out some NM CE or w/e.

Haven't played since ~4 hours after reset last week. I haven't missed a reset raid since we started doing them months ago so it would feel really weird to not play this week. But it also feels weird to even think about playing Destiny right now.

A HoW update can't come soon enough.

Woah.... there are more Zoba-words here than the entirety of time I've actually played with you o_O Nice video! Great play as always with entertaining and funny commentary.

Also, I think Afro quit after a failed flawless run with one of my earlier groups, he died in right side Atheon portal. It was during the height of glitched-Atheon-flawless days but we managed to get non-glitched portals that run, so it was pretty painful, haha. Maybe the timing was swapped though, and dying on the jumps was the last run he did, who knows.

--------
Speaking of which I'm always down to do Flawless VoG if there's a group for it that needs another member. Still one of the most fun things to do in Destiny. Scrota's End shook my confidence in the expected quality of a Destiny raid, but I'm still hyped for The Arena. VoG is just too good.

Don't know what you mean by hard mode being enabled except the obvious Heroic level 30 :p as long as it's not an insane NLB-only run I'd be down.

One can dream...one can dream. I am still waiting for one :(

Edit: still not used to current posting rate in this thread. Getting a double post used to be impossible :p

This will probably be a double post but w/e (edit: huzzah!). I don't even bother posting in the BB OT, everything just gets washed away immediately like the early Destiny threads.

Hard mode refers to his personal "state of mind" if I'm not mistaken...

ocean

Banned
I'm off to sleep but I'd love Normal CE x3 at reset. BH is my carrot. a_javierp, PSN msg me if anyone wants me in their group :)

Deku Tree

I didn't do any raids this week. First time I haven't gotten 3x both raids done since 2014. I might do the same thing next week too. I'll still do my NF+ Weekly 3x though.

phen0m24

What perks or stats do you look for in a RL?

My current RL's strengths are tracking, high blast radius, high rate of fire and fast reloads. the velocity sucks though. velocity is important in PvP so it's harder to dodge, especially when you're playing against blinkers. i haven't managed to find a good one with the right match because the tradeoff is usually blast radius and rate of fire, and it feels weaker as a result. grenades and horsehoes is another perk i'm looking for so it'll explode near them when i miss, but it's hard to find it on a good rocket launcher. i also prefer the circular scopes to square scopes.

Truth is the ultimate PvP rocket launcher. each rocket is more or less a guaranteed kill.

Woah.... there are more Zoba-words here than the entirety of time I've actually played with you o_O Nice video! Great play as always with entertaining and funny commentary.

Also, I think Afro quit after a failed flawless run with one of my earlier groups, he died in right side Atheon portal. It was during the height of glitched-Atheon-flawless days but we managed to get non-glitched portals that run, so it was pretty painful, haha. Maybe the timing was swapped though, and dying on the jumps was the last run he did, who knows.

--------
Speaking of which I'm always down to do Flawless VoG if there's a group for it that needs another member. Still one of the most fun things to do in Destiny. Scrota's End shook my confidence in the expected quality of a Destiny raid, but I'm still hyped for The Arena. VoG is just too good.

i say a lot just not always on mic lol

Gordon

Ballerhorn should be auto-gifted to anyone that has all characters at max level at least
lol I still haven't finished my Warlock - been playing since the beta but I just haven't got a taste for space magic. I have a full set ready to get her to 31 too, and like half of the warlock exotics. She's still sitting at 6 though, taunting me with the prospect of a decent melee lol

ocean

Banned
lol I still haven't finished my Warlock - been playing since the beta but I just haven't got a taste for space magic. I have a full set ready to get her to 31 too, and like half of the warlock exotics. She's still sitting at 6 though, taunting me with the prospect of a decent melee lol
Warlocks have great melee, grenades and supers. But I can't stand their floaty as all hell jumping argh

From Software games have always been artistically brilliant but technically... oof. BB is definitely no exception. I understand why the PC master race bitches so much about console exclusives, you can see the smoke coming out of the PS4 sometimes.

Damn, that was a quick avatar update. Props to you sir and congrats on the Horn.

Gordon

Warlocks have great melee, grenades and supers. But I can't stand their floaty as all hell jumping argh
Yeah. my wife plays warlocks and if she needs to go lay the baby down and I have to take over for her it's terrible. I mean her guns are amazing - RNGesus loves her - but the jumps..
I'm spoiled maining a titan lol

Damn, that was a quick avatar update. Props to you sir and congrats on the Horn.
Thanks, and yeah I keep photoshop open most of the time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom