• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I really liked the
one that's just visible outside of a gated window once you pass through the "we've woken the Hive!" gate. I saw it and was like, "how the hell do I get that one?" Twenty minutes later after messing around I was able to piece through doing that crazy series of platforming from like two chambers below. That was pretty enjoyable actually.

Yup some of them are totally nuts. I collected every dead ghost in the game that you can get legit.

rNilla

m8QR8w.gif

have never used it, if I cant find a gaf group or IRL group than I dont do it.

I had to threaten to go to LFG one time. After much begging I had a full GAF group. It was a weird time like just after lunch east coast, and just before lunch west coast on a non-reset weekday.

Luckily, I got through without LFG, and am like you, where I just won't play if GAFers aren't on. Or I'll try to solo something.

I don't think anyone else mentioned it and maybe no one else feels the same way but this is not the case for me. at this point there is literally nothing I need or want in particular that I could obtain from a NF loot roll, but I need the XP boost to level up a large variety of gear I already have. thus I continue to run them despite the odds of getting anything remotely worthwhile in terms of actual loot. however, I also only ever run them when I feel like it in the first place, so it's probably a substantial disconnect.

You aren't alone in that sentiment. I also feel the primary purpose of NF is to get the XP boost. Loot is just a bonus. I think that is how Bungie intended it to be, but it was never clearly presented that way.

I missed out on a lot of NF's pre TDB because I thought it was just an overly hard mission with a small chance at an exotic so I blew it off. I didn't even know about the XP boost until probably mid-November. I wish it was better advertised because I missed out on a lot. Partly my fault for being gun shy with trying new things in my limited play time, but still.

E92 M3

The essence of the ridiculous LFG posts is to mitigate the risks (time commitment) associated with playing with randoms.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
If it wasn't for LFG, I wouldn't really enjoy this game that much. It's the only way I've been able to play the raids. I'd say I have about an 80% or so success rate with it. I'm on XB1, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but more often than not, I get a good group. Hell, my first Crota hard mode was with a group that we did normal mode and just rolled onto hard with 4x 31s. Having a good sword bearer who gives clear instructions makes it so easy. Personally, I'd say that LFG is the only way this game has legs.

Bungie really needs to give us a way to speed up gun leveling. I can max armor very quickly, but I've only maxed 3 exotic guns (2 pre-TBD), and just this past week my post-TBD Ice Breaker. It simply takes too much to get to the fun perks and experiment. It takes away from trying different builds or just running things in different ways. It's like they went out of their way to strip out variety as much as possible.

waters10

Neo Member
Posting one more for the new page. As Cilonen said, it's a slow time of day for Crota. If no one responds, I'll try again later.

PS4 - Normal Fresh Crota

1. RetroMG
2. Cilonen

I have a level 31 Titan defender. I'm a raid virgin though. If you guys can show me the ropes, I'm in.

PSN: Waters_100

I have a maxed Ballehorn so I never had a negative experience in LFG.

i don't have one ;_;

But it's usually dumb things like people lying about gear, grabbing a checkpoint and leaving, not communicating, and complaining about dumb things. My favorite LFG guy was one that said "if we can't get this on first try i'm leaving." I have terrible luck with in-game RNG so maybe I just have bad luck with random people on LFG lol

ethomaz

Banned
If it wasn't for LFG, I wouldn't really enjoy this game that much. It's the only way I've been able to play the raids. I'd say I have about an 80% or so success rate with it. I'm on XB1, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but more often than not, I get a good group. Hell, my first Crota hard mode was with a group that we did normal mode and just rolled onto hard with 4x 31s. Having a good sword bearer who gives clear instructions makes it so easy. Personally, I'd say that LFG is the only way this game has legs.

Bungie really needs to give us a way to speed up gun leveling. I can max armor very quickly, but I've only maxed 3 exotic guns (2 pre-TBD), and just this past week my post-TBD Ice Breaker. It simply takes too much to get to the fun perks and experiment. It takes away from trying different builds or just running things in different ways. It's like they went out of their way to strip out variety as much as possible.
People are just made because they don't have Killerhorn.

Nami pls ;_; NLB dream is dead... For now. He betrayed NLB in order to glorify Necro.

truely a crota master!
its inconcievable that you have completed CE 5 less times than VOG despite having a 3 month head start.
you have found your calling. CE until the end of time.
we be like, Drizz, wanna help out in the Arena, and your like
Srry guys, still got some slicing to do

Yeah I was pretty shocked by that as well. Just killing the boss over and over will really bump it up. I haven't checked but I imagine my actual play time in VoG is much much more than CE.

ethomaz

Banned
i don't have one ;_;

But it's usually dumb things like people lying about gear, grabbing a checkpoint and leaving, not communicating, and complaining about dumb things. My favorite LFG guy was one that said "if we can't get this on first try i'm leaving." I have terrible luck with in-game RNG so maybe I just have bad luck with random people on LFG lol
Now it is serious... forget the ballehorn talk lol

I played most of my VoG runs to get Pretorial Foil via LFG and it was a pretty nice runs... yeap you need to have patience to explain how it works sometimes but it was every time a good run.

I used it to kill Crota in HM once and we did in the 3rd try... and for Crota NM three or four times... every time I have a nice run.

Of course some groups here in GAF can do the full raid with me in less than 20-30 minutes but I don't care at all to play 1 hour or more to finish a Raid.

Maybe I have lucky.

Deku Tree

People stopped doing normal VoG after they were completing hard regularly.
On the other hand people still try to do 3 normal Crota's and then 3 hard Crota's because some people are still hunting for normal weapons and because other people dont want to do hard Scrota.

So that's 6 Crota's a week vs. 3 VoGs.

I can't deny the truth of my casualness. At least I hit a few "milestones" today:

mPeU2Y6.jpg

WoVyKl2.jpg

Edit: I'm such a pro mobile picture poster now. Look at those legit images.

Wow, that is some impressive stats. It inspired me to check my own. I am almost embarrassed to see how few completions I have.

I was shocked. Shocked! That I have a paltry 16 VoG completions. That's it. I would have bet it was much higher than that. Only 9 of those were on Hard. I am very, very lucky to have 2 Mythoclasts.

Scrota is not much better at only 24 completions. I have to say, as frustrated as I am about not getting my Titan boots, to have so few clears and be only missing 1 piece on one character out of 3 is a pretty good drop system.

Having said that, Crota better cough up them damn boots tomorrow. I don't want to grind IB if I don't have too, but I will.

People stopped doing normal VoG after they were completing hard regularly.
On the other hand people still try to do 3 normal Crota's and then 3 hard Crota's because some people are still hunting for normal weapons and because other people dont want to do hard Scrota.

So that's 6 Crota's a week vs. 3 VoGs.

didnt think about that, totally true

Nami pls ;_; NLB dream is dead... For now. He betrayed NLB in order to glorify Necro. .

take my place, I am never breaking that gun out again. maybe nami wont be tempted to do that with you on the team.

The queens wrath missions had like a story mission with NF epic type of element to them. And you could get good armor and weapons to drop from grinding them. Unfortunately when they first came out everyone hated them and we haven't seen them back since.

We haven't seen them because they'll be back with HoW most likely

Wow, that is some impressive stats. It inspired me to check my own. I am almost embarrassed to see how few completions I have.

I was shocked. Shocked! That I have a paltry 16 VoG completions. That's it. I would have bet it was much higher than that. Only 9 of those were on Hard. I am very, very lucky to have 2 Mythoclasts.

Scrota is not much better at only 24 completions. I have to say, as frustrated as I am about not getting my Titan boots, to have so few clears and be only missing 1 piece on one character out of 3 is a pretty good drop system.

Having said that, Crota better cough up them damn boots tomorrow. I don't want to grind IB if I don't have too, but I will.

Haha yeah I bet a lot of people have fewer clears than they'd think since it only counts boss kills. Obviously most of my CE clears were not for loot, but I've gotten multiples of every armor piece for every class, usually 3+ of each.

Yesterday in the excitement of Xions first Horn and Ocean getting 5 weapons from one run I forgot to post my exciting VoG drop: got Warlock gauntlets for the first time ever, lol. No more #Forever29... /s

Even being unlucky with CE armor isn't nearly as bad as unlucky in VoG was.

Haha yeah I bet a lot of people have fewer clears than they'd think since it only counts boss kills. Obviously most of my CE clears were not for loot, but I've gotten multiples of every armor piece for every class, usually 3+ of each.

I'm at 104 VoG and 80 Crota.

80 Crota! even after missing 6 weeks of DLC raiding.

The Ocho

Neo Member
Posting one more for the new page. As Cilonen said, it's a slow time of day for Crota. If no one responds, I'll try again later.

PS4 - Normal Fresh Crota

1. RetroMG
2. Cilonen

I'd be happy to come along as my warlock still has not got it done yet this week. However i will not be home for another hour. If you are still looking to fill it at that time count me in.

PSN: thaOcho

RetroMG

1. RetroMG
2. Cilonen
3. SAILO
4. waters_100
5. babyghost853

We should be able to do the abyss.
Someone might join later.

All right, let's give this a shot. Send FR requests to RetroMG, and we'll start, and people can join as they become available.

SAiLO

I'll give it a shot, just leveled up a hunter, at 28 now.

I'd be happy to come along as my warlock still has not got it done yet this week. However i will not be home for another hour. If you are still looking to fill it at that time count me in.

PSN: thaOcho

Brilliant. We got a team!

PS4 - Normal Fresh Crota

1. RetroMG
2. Cilonen
3. SAILO
4. waters_100
5. thaOcho
6. babyghost853

RetroMG

PS4 - Normal Fresh Crota

1. RetroMG
2. Cilonen
3. SAILO
4. waters_100
5. thaOcho
6. babyghost853

I've sent friend requests to everyone I'm not already friends with, and now I'm sending party invites.

PS4 - Normal Fresh Crota

1. RetroMG
2. Cilonen
3. SAILO
4. waters_100
5. thaOcho
6. babyghost853
Just grabbing some things from the tower.

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the NF Cilonen. At least maybe the coins will be useful :).

Xur is laughing at your optimism.

On that note, I haven't found anything useful for motes of light yet. Currently have 240 stashed up. I have the cloaks and exotic gear I want, so I'm not gambling them with Xur. I might hit 400+ by the end of the year at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom