• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

That would be nice to get the drop, but it is no better than Badger without Firefly.

How realistic is it to reroll Firefly if I don't care about any other perk? I only have 72 Motes right now.

Should be no biggie... if I were a betting man I would say 20-24 motes max.

That'd be 6 there. Of course if Kor or someone who still needs it wanted to they could take my place. But I'm happy to Sherpa as well. I'm EST but usually around at weird hours anyway. Are some people GMT or other wacky time zones? We could do it anytime soonish or wait until later tonight or some other day. Whatever works for people's schedules.

I think I am in GMT, usually I have good conection around these hours or having issues in the night but I am in for in game chat to avoid lag spikes

I just checked and I have 96,800 glimmer in my Vault.
That will let me reXurbish approx 13 exotics if they keep the current system.

ReXurbish, I like it.

Yeah, thats a lot of beads. I just started collecting all the glimmer consumables, but only sitting at about 25K.

That would be nice to get the drop, but it is no better than Badger without Firefly.

How realistic is it to reroll Firefly if I don't care about any other perk? I only have 72 Motes right now.

It's honestly not worth the grind. I have a vendor version with firefly and outlaw and it's really good but VoC and Fang of Ir Yut take care of all my scout rifle needs. I use the demise from time to time but I could easily do without it. It's not what I would call an essential weapon. Think about it. You'll have to grind hours upon hours of IB in the hopes of it dropping for you and even if it does drop, then you have to keep rolling it until you get the perks you want.

Oh shoot another Destiny scrub and Raid virgin like myself... well, former virgin anyway.

You on the Xbox my friend? *stalks your profile page*
I could use some similarly scrub tier Destiny friends myself.
Ive only finished crotas end twice with the help of some nice people here and I completed vog normal once as well. I would love to run them some more with people still somewhat inexperienced with it.

Add me on xb1: suchlikepompo

That goes for anyone else looking to raid too!

Mindlog

That's a lot @_@
I have maybe 15k.
Also around 90k XP for each character saved up.

Haven't done a single raid this week. Might knock some out later.
I also have Hard Mode Gorgon's CP if anyone is looking to grab it before reset.

Impala26

Wa..wa wait... I know I'm kinda fresh here and all, but I was under the impression that you couldn't ermm, exactly do that with Glimmer?

Unless I'm mistaken and you're talking about items that you can dismantle for glimmer?

It's honestly not worth the grind. I have a vendor version with firefly and outlaw and it's really good but VoC and Fang of Ir Yut take care of all my scout rifle needs. I use the demise from time to time but I could easily do without it. It's not what I would call an essential weapon. Think about it. You'll have to grind hours upon hours of IB in the hopes of it dropping for you and even if it does drop, then you have to keep rolling it until you get the perks you want.

Well, the 61 Impact does put it in a special category for a Scout rifle with Firefly. I love my VoC and Fang, but Firefly is a special perk on that type of gun.

I wouldn't grind for just this gun, I am planning on grinding for Boots anyway if Crota doesn't get me what I need tomorrow so getting the gun doesn't seem like much more work.

Wa..wa wait... I know I'm kinda fresh here and all, but I was under the impression that you couldn't ermm, exactly do that with Glimmer?

Unless I'm mistaken and you're talking about items that you can dismantle for glimmer?

Axiomatic beads, house banner, etc that turn into glimmer.

shermas

What is your schedule dude?
XD

Christ. This is why I was afraid of coming back to this game after stepping away from it for like three months...

If you hang in there on LFG, you'll find someone eventually... I used to put stuff like 'not an idiot,' 'can follow directions,' etc, until somebody picked me up when I was level 28 or whatever.

It can sometimes take a little while, though.

Well, the 61 Impact does put it in a special category for a Scout rifle with Firefly. I love my VoC and Fang, but Firefly is a special perk.

I wouldn't grind for just this gun, I am planning on grinding for Boots anyway if Crota doesn't get me what I need tomorrow so getting the gun doesn't seem like much more work.

It's high impact but it shoots slow. It's not like a hand cannon where you're gonna be one shotting things. Voc and the Fang have a good balance between RoF and impact. The firefly and outlaw are cool but that combo just doesn't feel the same on a scout rifle. Plus there's always the rapier if you want those two perks.

Just offering my two cents as someone who owns these weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's high impact but it shoots slow. It's not like a hand cannon where you're gonna be one shotting things. Voc and the Fang have a good balance between RoF and impact. The firefly and outlaw are cool but that combo just doesn't feel the same on a scout rifle. Plus there's always the rapier if you want those two perks.

It can one-shot thralls. it's definitely the closest SR to a hand cannon I've played with.

Yeah, I have one with Outlaw + Firefly and I don't really like using it. So much so that I haven't bothered to upgrade it past the perks. I have a B-Line Trauma with Firefly on it and enjoy that a lot more. Just feels better.

Got the Rapier too. The difference between Demise and Rapier is that the impact is the difference in a 1 shot or 2 shot kill in many mobs. I will play around with it but I think even with the lower RoF, the High Impact plus Firefly makes you overall more efficient in DPS than Fang or VoC (sans burn).

Dave_6

Damn, 22 pages into the new OT already. I haven't had much time to get on here the past couple of days but it still seems to be moving pretty quick.

LTWood12

So I'll be dipping into PVP for the first time in awhile for this iron banner. I'll be playing w/ a Blade Dancer this time. As far as weapon loadout, I'd like to get some input from the pros. Here's what I'm thinking:

P: Hawkmoon, Red Death,

S: The Crash (Feeding Frenzy), Praetorian Foil, Light of the Abyss

H: MG18A Harms Way (Field Scout, Persistance), Hunger of Crota

I'm definitely up for suggestions. If there's a weapon here I should avoid using please let me know, or if there's a better alternative to one of these I may very well have it. Thanks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So I'll be dipping into PVP for the first time in awhile for this iron banner. I'll be playing w/ a Blade Dancer this time.
I'd really recommend Gunslinger over Bladedancer. Golden Gun is amazing, and the perk that lets you replenish grenade / knife energy when picking up ammo is really nice too. And I'm not super familiar with the weapon rebalancing (just got back into the game after not playing since October), but I've been wrecking with Red Death.

Ryck

I've been hoarding Legendary Engrams, vault is now full and I am starting to carry them around as well. I also have started hoarding Vanguard and Cryptarch packages, am I safe in assuming that they will stay in the post until I decide to open them. (after the DLC drops)

LTWood12

I'd really recommend Gunslinger over Bladedancer. Golden Gun is amazing, and the perk that lets you replenish grenade / knife energy when picking up ammo is really nice too. And I'm not super familiar with the weapon rebalancing (just got back into the game after not playing since October), but I've been wrecking with Red Death.

That's a good point. I may play around with gunslinger.

Deku Tree

I've been hoarding Legendary Engrams, vault is now full and I am starting to carry them around as well. I also have started hoarding Vanguard and Cryptarch packages, am I safe in assuming that they will stay in the post until I decide to open them. (after the DLC drops)

Your legendary engrams will decrypt into old TDB stuff. I don't see the point in hoarding them.
Your packages will stay at the postmaster until the postmaster is full and then the packages will start disappearing in the order of the oldest one disappears first every time you get a new one.

No point in doing that, they will decode as TDB rolls.

nOoblet16

So I'll be dipping into PVP for the first time in awhile for this iron banner. I'll be playing w/ a Blade Dancer this time. As far as weapon loadout, I'd like to get some input from the pros. Here's what I'm thinking:

P: Hawkmoon, Red Death,

S: The Crash (Feeding Frenzy), Praetorian Foil, Light of the Abyss

H: MG18A Harms Way (Field Scout, Persistance), Hunger of Crota

I'm definitely up for suggestions. If there's a weapon here I should avoid using please let me know, or if there's a better alternative to one of these I may very well have it. Thanks.

P: Hawkmoon, Red Death, Thorn (this is great because you will have a lot of times in IB when you leave the enemy with a sliver of health and die). Among the Legendaries I can think of Saterianne Rapier, Badger CCL and Fatebringer/VoC (they will do marginally lower damage than 331 weapons in the same class, I played IB in January using blues and hit max level on my own..the level/damage difference is something but it isn't that big compared to normal Crucible).

S: Two to the morgue, Found Verdict, swordbreaker, invective basically shotguns. Unless it's a map like shores of time in which case just pick your high ROF sniper. Fusion rifle for me basically doesn't exists for me in this game, haven't even upgraded a single fusion rifle till date.

Heavy: Against all odds and Truth, if you have either use them ! Especially Against all Odds, best PvP gun imo cause it hits so hard and with field scout you can keep 50 bullet sin the mag.

todd360

Reminder

Anyone who achieves Guardian Lord status must pm me picture proof to be added to the list. If you recently became a Guardian Lord you must pm me to be added to the list. Pics or it didn't happen. Don't give me a sob story about not being able to figure out how to pm pictures.

VzUn42C.gif

Mythocast fans. heh

We will be recording a new episode on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. If your reading this Kor, send me a pm with a time that is good for you and we will attempt to make it work. The episode will probably be a free for all discussion since Fig is lazy and doesn't prepare content
lol

Everyone else

Carry on as usual. Except Nami. Stop it Nami. In other news it would seem that LiK got tagged so congratz on that.
Are tags good things or bad things?

Who are you people again?

lol this is me and nami when were getting yelled at.

LTWood12

P: Hawkmoon, Red Death, Thorn (this is great because you will have a lot of times in IB when you leave the enemy with a sliver of health and die). Among the Legendaries I can think of Saterianne Rapier, Badger CCL and Fatebringer/VoC (they will do marginally lower damage than 331 weapons in the same class, I played IB in January using blues and hit max level on my own..the level/damage difference is something but it isn't that big compared to normal Crucible).

S: Two to the morgue, swordbreaker, invective basically shotguns. Unless it's a map like shores of time in which case just pick your high ROF sniper. Fusion rifle for me basically doesn't exists for me in this game, haven't even upgraded a single fusion rifle till date.

Heavy: Against all odds and Truth, if you have either use them ! Especially Against all Odds, best PvP gun imo cause it hits so hard.

Thanks! I don't have Thorn leveled unfortunately, but I'm sure I would benefit from that perk. Badger CCL and Fatebringer might be worth a shot.

Yeah I'll probably roll a shotty. Is Swordbreaker preferable to Found Verdict?

I've got a Solar Against all odds and really like it. Honestly forgot about it. Perks aren't great though. increased stability while crouched, and kills replenish grenades. It does have field scout though too.

Also, which blade dancer grenade is preferred for pvp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom